Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

hambeet posted:

lol no he wont

Hence the lol at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

For those who haven't been following COVID obsessively, this is particularly ironic given diabetics seem to be particularly at risk.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hello i used to post on this forum under a different name (underage at the vape shop) and banme'd myself when the fyad thing happened

anywhere i experienced some very, very heinous transphobia at a brisbane hospital. more than just being misgendered by staff, actual violence. im wondering if anyone here has experience with this sort of thing/connections in brisbane that they'd maybe be willing to share. i have an appointment with the LGBT legal service, have spoken to the QHRC and I plan on speaking to the health ombudsman and the hospital ceo. what happened to me could kill someone

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Anidav posted:

Scott Morrison says welfare will be rolled back soon saying Australians need to "Get out from under the Doona".

He also called an earlier-than-expected end to restrictions an "early mark" in case we needed a reminder that he kind of struggles with being an adult human being talking to other adult human beings.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

hambeet posted:

no seriously why the doona. i don't get that saying.

is he trying to be clever and say don't get too comfortable?

He's trying to paint unemployed people as layabouts who don't even bother getting out of bed

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Are we sure Kristina Keneally isn't just doing her own version of dril tweets?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

chaser lowtax posted:

hello i used to post on this forum under a different name (underage at the vape shop) and banme'd myself when the fyad thing happened

anywhere i experienced some very, very heinous transphobia at a brisbane hospital. more than just being misgendered by staff, actual violence. im wondering if anyone here has experience with this sort of thing/connections in brisbane that they'd maybe be willing to share. i have an appointment with the LGBT legal service, have spoken to the QHRC and I plan on speaking to the health ombudsman and the hospital ceo. what happened to me could kill someone

I don’t know anyone and I have nothing to offer except that sounds awful and I hope you’re ok.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

chaser lowtax posted:

Sorry I can't be more help, and that sounds terrible. Have you checked out the Queensland Transgender Network? You could also try ringing Relationships Australia Queensland, who run the program. I'd say your best bet is getting in touch with another trans Queenslander and one of those two are your best bet rather than a dead comedy forum. Then again, someone could prove me wrong.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

chaser lowtax posted:

I've asked an ex-Brisbane trans person which organisations are worth dealing with, but I probably won't hear back till tomorrow. I'll let you know if I hear anything. If you are on Twitter I can put you directly in touch.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thankyou. Honestly I'm just looking for leads or contacts everywhere. What happened would kill people I know. It would have killed me a year ago. I'm not letting that happen to someone.

Axel Ferguson
Apr 19, 2008

chaser lowtax posted:

Thankyou. Honestly I'm just looking for leads or contacts everywhere. What happened would kill people I know. It would have killed me a year ago. I'm not letting that happen to someone.

Well, gently caress that poo poo. At least this thread is semi decent coming up with good links. Good luck, hope you can get some traction.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

chaser lowtax posted:

Talk to these people. Seriously. Tell them you want to lodge a complaint with HREOC. They should be able to guide you through the process. Make hell.

https://lgbtilegalservice.org.au/

duck monster fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 1, 2020

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Urcher posted:

I've asked an ex-Brisbane trans person which organisations are worth dealing with, but I probably won't hear back till tomorrow. I'll let you know if I hear anything. If you are on Twitter I can put you directly in touch.

Turns out they left Brisbane without using any of the services there, so can't recommend from experience. They had planned to go to PFLAG at one point but ended up moving first.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

The important thing is don't get legal advice from forums. Don't get it from facebook. Get it from lawyers.

The link I posted https://lgbtilegalservice.org.au/ do free legal advice.

What I do know, and this isnt advice, is that you really should aim for a complaint with Human Rights commission (I'm not entirely sure if HREOC became them or if its a part of them) as they are the body empowered to get poo poo changed. If you want compensation or whatever, thats probably something you'd need to speak with a lawyer about tho.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
simp is aave and its spread to right wing sources like "based"

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

chaser lowtax posted:

There's a transmasc person I follow on twitter, Johnny Valkyrie, who recently went through a process to complain to the QLD human rights commission I'm psure. Might want to get in touch with him for some tips or even just solidarity.

https://twitter.com/johnevalk/status/1247726907841339397

good luck friend.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

chaser lowtax posted:

That's some loving horrible poo poo you've had to deal with, friend, and I'm sorry for it.

I wish I had something more to offer you than that, but solidarity and I hope you get a good result from this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Who the gently caress drew this

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i'm more looking at the article beginning by quoting lenin

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

There is alot of brain worms to unpack in that one image

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Full image with signature:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

swimsuit posted:

simp is aave and its spread to right wing sources like "based"

nobody says 'aave' anymore sweaty

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I’m the slanted eyes on the panda

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Recoome posted:

I’m the slanted eyes on the panda

looks like standard angry eyes to me but please do tell the thread more about how you automatically associate narrowed eyes with asians

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
loving lol at anyone who assumes Australian cartoonists aren't being racist all the time.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I'm getting annoyed the news organisations are reporting total cases rather than active cases. Like, Victoria's total cases are 1,371, but if most of those have now recovered, how is that really useful information? I'd rather know how many people in the state have an current confirmed case.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm China being depicted as hitting Australia with a virus that has killed ~5,000 Chinese people and ~100 Australians.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hooman posted:

I'm China being depicted as hitting Australia with a virus that has killed ~5,000 Chinese people and ~100 Australians.

You missed three zeros

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

hooman posted:

I love the theory that China engineered this virus to hurt the world. Great plan start by decimating their tourism industry then entire economy and kill thousands of their own people, and even if no one thinks it’s on purpose everyone will know and remember it started there.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

NTRabbit posted:

You missed three zeros

100000 australians?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

GoldStandardConure posted:

100000 australians?

inshallah

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

GoldStandardConure posted:

100000 australians?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_TvpBwSZDM

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

teacup posted:

I love the theory that China engineered this virus to hurt the world. Great plan start by decimating their tourism industry then entire economy and kill thousands of their own people, and even if no one thinks it’s on purpose everyone will know and remember it started there.

Isn't the conspiracy theory that they hosed up and didn't want to hit themselves

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

duck monster posted:

Talk to these people. Seriously. Tell them you want to lodge a complaint with HREOC. They should be able to guide you through the process. Make hell.

https://lgbtilegalservice.org.au/

i have an appointment with them on tuesday

The Before Times posted:

There's a transmasc person I follow on twitter, Johnny Valkyrie, who recently went through a process to complain to the QLD human rights commission I'm psure. Might want to get in touch with him for some tips or even just solidarity.

https://twitter.com/johnevalk/status/1247726907841339397

good luck friend.

ive actually met him irl, at a march against scomos bill, he'd remember me, i was quite distinctive. ill get in touch.

as an aside your name is how i refer to the time before i came out lol

thank you everyone

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Is there a term for people who join a union only the second it's convenient for them whose sentiments are generally pretty lovely on workers' rights?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

snoremac posted:

Is there a term for people who join a union only the second it's convenient for them whose sentiments are generally pretty lovely on workers' rights?

We called them revenue units.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

Isn't the conspiracy theory that they hosed up and didn't want to hit themselves
no it was to stop trump being re-elected, according to donald

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

Idiots

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

snoremac posted:

Future SDA leadership

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Real answer is there isn’t really a term for them afaik but they get put on limited services. As in they don’t get any help with any issue they have that predates their joining.