Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

LOL I had tons of fun on your island. Thanks for sharing the meteor shower!

Dear goon in the bathrobe, thanks for the outfit, you're awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

MokBa posted:

It's catalog. I have one if you wanna touch it.

I'd love to! Can I PM you tomorrow to figure it out? And are you looking for anything specific? :toot:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Chicken Doodle posted:

LOL I had tons of fun on your island. Thanks for sharing the meteor shower!

Dear goon in the bathrobe, thanks for the outfit, you're awesome.

Thank you for coming! I also want bathrobe goon to reveal themselves!

I didn't know gifts could be put on top of the snack and drink machines so that was new.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

I usually only post this on the Discord, but I figured I'd bring it to the thread too since I'm needy for them waterings.

F O S S I L S

Come get 'em at Matcha.
JDVJX

I finished my fossil exhibit thanks to you guys directly, so I give back by offering all the dupes I have and get each day to people. You owe me nothing, I just ask that when you come pick them up, you water up my gardens! There are two right across the stone bridge to the north and one large one on the third tier, head left of the museum! Here's a list of what fossils I have. If it has a number, that's the number of dupes. If it has no number, I do not have it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DAVOzIpb-on7wyQRrwEOii_Dgg4YLg5IyZ3hlGmqzIM/edit#gid=0

PM me with what you need and I'll get you all sorted out~

Update on this: the first tier (the ones above the stone bridge) are all done. All I need now is the last few waterings on the third tier and second tier gardens. They're left from whatever incline you take!

Also, I update the doc on real time, so whatever it says I have right now is what I have right now.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
GOONS!

Celeste is in Amity tonight!
I also have a pile of free poo poo near the airport (just above the beach area)

My island is a big work in progress at the moment, so it's a bit...messy?

Fruit is also up for grabs! Musical instruments would be awesome.

DODO code: closed

edit: poo poo, I think I lost connection, or someone minus-quit

I hope everyone got the star recipes they needed, and thanks for the instruments!

Stool Sample fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 2, 2020

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Do the haunted paintings have a tell too, when they're in the correct pose? eg: I know the fake Girl With A Pearl Earring has a star earring, but what about the haunted one? Can you tell it's fake when its eyes are already open? Or am I maybe misunderstanding, and all the fakes that could be haunted, are haunted?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

MokBa posted:

It's catalog. I have one if you wanna touch it.

Did you come through and get the recipe? No way to tell who came and went while I was gone.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I'd just like to say how awesome the fossil museum is in this game. My 6 year old really liked me explaining the evolution of animals and body parts.

There's one model I don't recognize early in the tree of life. What is that rock looking thing to the top left of the jellyfish? Is that a stromatolite?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Stool Sample posted:

GOONS!

Celeste is in Amity tonight!
I also have a pile of free poo poo near the airport (just above the beach area)

My island is a big work in progress at the moment, so it's a bit...messy?

Fruit is also up for grabs! Musical instruments would be awesome.

DODO code: 3GC85

Left the marimba near the plaza and decided to book it before more arrival animations. But I lucked out and got the lunar lander recipe the same day I learned where you get all that space stuff! :toot:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

runchild posted:

Did you come through and get the recipe? No way to tell who came and went while I was gone.

Yes I did! Thanks for opening up! Now I am the Ironwood King!

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Left the marimba near the plaza and decided to book it before more arrival animations. But I lucked out and got the lunar lander recipe the same day I learned where you get all that space stuff! :toot:

Awesome, thanks!

I got a bath tub recipe from her today, was not expecting that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is there a complete or near-complete list of wallpapers anywhere?

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
I think I lost connection, or someone minus-quit

I hope everyone got the star recipes they needed, and thanks for the instruments!

Also: I haven't seen many stars, I guess Celeste can show up without the meteor shower? Lame.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wallpaper didn't work out but

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1256437261534547969

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I didn't really use Twitter that much before this game, and now I find myself posting poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/RollersnakeSA/status/1256430703962619905

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

I didn't really use Twitter that much before this game, and now I find myself posting poo poo like this:

I mean, a badass bird, an alcoholic mouse, a weird diva sheep or something...not sure twitter is needed to handle this

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Rollersnake posted:

I don't have a twitter but if you're asking the thread BIRD UP all day

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pine
cone
sheep

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm not counting votes in this thread because I care more about not disappointing Twitter randos, but you two are the only ones in favor of Amelia so far.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the bird is the only good one there

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As the Kesha song goes, "you're going down, if you don't pick Timbra; you better move, that tree sheep in"

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Mameluke posted:

As the Kesha song goes, "you're going down, if you don't pick Timbra; you better move, that tree sheep in"

Someone please call the mods.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I vote for the awful vagrant rat

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Also I'm still annoyed about this and as far as I can tell I'm the only person on the internet who cares/has noticed

Pretty good posted:

Patch change I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet: the decal on my locker looks lovely now!

Before

After

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

He's named after a cheese that's known for stinking a whole lot. And he has a beard.

Get him in that town now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

He's named after a cheese that's known for stinking a whole lot. And he has a beard.

Get him in that town now.

Or do something not terrible, I don't remember "making worse decision possible" being an intentional feature of the game

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Or do something not terrible, I don't remember "making worse decision possible" being an intentional feature of the game

Then let me introduce you to the stalk market on Tuesday afternoon

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Mameluke posted:

Alright, you convinced me, and I'm breaking my own arbitrary rules to invite Timbra.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Oh my gosh, I just had my first thunderstorm in the game and it’s really cool that the lightning will light up the rooms in your house if you have the lights off. I just also wish it made the lights flicker too.

After making a pansy crown, I realized I don’t really like the flower crowns because they’re too small and they sit right on top of the head instead of going around. They should be more like a headband than a hat. I prefer to just wear the individual flower in my hair.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I had Punchy show up in my campsite today and when he asked to move in I actually took the offer. Bye Elvis, one of my 3 grumpy villagers. I did like some of the golden poo poo in his house but I feel it fits Ankha more.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I have Agent S the superhero squirrel in boxes today, let me know if you want her, goons!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I see people on eBay now selling custom made amino cards for some of the rarer villagers. They aren’t the real deal, but apparently they still work the same as real ones and can still get that villager into your town. Are these legit?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I see people on eBay now selling custom made amino cards for some of the rarer villagers. They aren’t the real deal, but apparently they still work the same as real ones and can still get that villager into your town. Are these legit?

do not waste your money (unless you already wasted your money on an iphone) because you just buy the tags on amazon for pennies and use an android app called tagmo to make them

or I mean, the convince of not having to do it yourself might be worth it to you, im not your financial advisor

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 2, 2020

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hmm, I don’t have an android phone but my girlfriend does. What tags do you have to buy? How difficult is it to actually do all this?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Hmm, I don’t have an android phone but my girlfriend does. What tags do you have to buy? How difficult is it to actually do all this?

needs to specifically be the "ntag215" type, these are the ones I am using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074M9J5L3

I suppose not every android phone works too, it needs to have the nfc functionality(tap pay) and not throw a fit over non-store apps.

as for how difficult it is, this is the guide I followed https://www.reddit.com/r/Amiibomb/comments/5ywlol/howto_the_easy_guide_to_making_your_own_amiibo/

I haven't looked at ebay price for the fakes but there is an SA-Mart thread that is doing them for 9.50 if you'd rather go that route
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921975

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 2, 2020

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

A bit of a longshot, but I'm looking for any of the torn, broken or moldy clothes.

I can make most DIY stuff or straight up bells if you need.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I need to figure out what to do about the shadows. I usually let my switch go into sleep mode and don't hard power down so maybe that's the problem and I've been a dumbass the entire time but I'm giving it a full on break now.

Last night the trees shadows were going ballistic. Like actually just straight up broken. It bothered me a lot so just went into my house to finally redecorate it as I rarely touch the inside of it. Finished and had the thought "What if I have too many flowers or trees and the game is just struggling to load them?" So I went on a tree massacre. I don't know what my rating is but I needed to try and find some kind of solution- and I'm not sure if it's because the shadows were hidden or not but I didn't really notice anything. Good chunk of flowers gone and some trees but at least the flickering stopped.

This morning I woke my switch up out of sleep mode and realized I built that giant robot and well, took down a ton of trees, put away a lot of furniture and tried to clean up my island so maybe I could put it and a monster statue out somewhere. Set about trying to find a place for it and tried in front of park I had built- and the game finally broke from the robot. The moon I have on a cliff's shadow began to flash rapidly while trees shadows were going absolutely ballistic if I walked away. The fountain in front of my houses was struggling to load in from off screen entirely and putting the robot away didn't solve anything.

Playing the game physically hurts my eyes from how bad the flashing of the shadows is and I'm really not sure what to do about it other than delete all my progress and just start a new island losing literally everything in the process or what :smith:

I booted up Mario Maker and there's no funky glitches or anything there. Tried a couple of my games and nothing out of the ordinary so man, I don't know. My switch is now fully off and I'm taking a break from looking at the TV as my eyes are sore. I took a video of my island having a freak out but I'll have to post it later because the tv screen was messing me up.

This sucks :negative:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Should record it and send to Nook/Nintendo on Twitter.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

If you follow the guide SeXReX posted, it's super easy. The 100 blank tags I bought off of Aliexpress three years ago to get the amiibo locked items in BotW is finally paying dividends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Rollersnake posted:

Hobo rat, and its not even a contest. Give him a suit and help him turn his life around.

Are books craftable at all, or are you at the mercy of the shop's rotating inventory? I want to build a couple of bookshelves real bad.