Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
They're really there in allison's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
funny that he chooses to show himself when incubus is around, mostly because he probably doesn't consider him a threat as he so put it. But also because he probably knows that the rest of the demiurgs don't respect him either and would probably laugh at him for even insinuating that Zoss lives on.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Totally blind-sided by this page. Holy cow. Incubus' face in the second panel is destroying me.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Maybe Incubus will flip poo poo and go screaming to another demiurge about it. Jagganoth probably?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I just love that the dream of Zoss is enough to make Incubus lose his poo poo.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

funny that he chooses to show himself when incubus is around, mostly because he probably doesn't consider him a threat as he so put it.

Inky did catch on to the fact that Allison is the True Heir first among the Demiurges, so I guess this is his prize.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Alison can’t “save” white chain because bailing her out from a one on one fight with Solomon would do nothing to help WC grow as a person

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Incubus looks like he's about to burst into tears.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmao, zoss had a prosthetic arm ages and ages go, so when he got his head cut off, he upgraded to a prosthetic body

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

How Wonderful! posted:

Totally blind-sided by this page. Holy cow. Incubus' face in the second panel is destroying me.

My immediate reaction is that he just had some manner of traumatic flashback to his studentship with Meti and it twisted him into a pretzel (mentally) immediately.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

NecroMonster posted:

lmao, zoss had a prosthetic arm ages and ages go, so when he got his head cut off, he upgraded to a prosthetic body

Oh yeah, in a world known to have kung fu techniques that make your head (and only your head) indestructible that's probably totally a thing huh

Although if that's the case it would make the whole "carries on existing after dying because gently caress death I rule" thing significantly less cool because it means having his head taken off never actually killed Zoss at all, so I don't know what I want to be true here.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 2, 2020

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Kwyndig posted:

Also way to call it.

Thanks, I am now worried about my own predictive ability!

loving hell Zoss is both terrifying and impressive.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's always a bummer to learn that a dead guy is still better than you at your primary dreamlord schtick.

Also,

alt-text posted:

Incubus has very poor timing to show up right around the title drop part on in this book, though to be fair to him he probably wasn't aware this was a regular thing.

:getin:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Zoss still has got it going on.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
lol, that edit was prescient

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Our man Zoss, here to dunk on Incubus and respect pronouns.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Guildenstern Mother posted:

They're really there in allison's head.

Allison's headmates: Sexy Buff Douchebag and Sexy Buff Grandpa.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Besides his ripped abs on the last panel of this page?

Abs don't look like that. Nor do pecs.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gnome de plume posted:

Our man Zoss, here to dunk on Incubus and respect pronouns.

Oh man, I totally didn't notice that first read, good catch!

Josef bugman posted:

On to K6BD chat, but I would love to see Voss show up behind Incubus and scare the ever loving gently caress out of him.

*Unreal Tournament voice* HEADSHOT

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"You were dead!"

"Hasn't stopped me so far."

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

PMush Perfect posted:

"You were dead!"

I'm a bit unclear on that: was Zoss presumed dead before the start of the story, or was the incident where Thorn Knights beheaded him in Allison's room told to everyone? Because either way it seems really imprudent to assume you could count on the guy being really 100% dead.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Pretty sure he just has 10VG's body for some reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

thechosenone posted:

Pretty sure he just has 10VG's body for some reason.

There have been other Angels with 10VG's armor design seen in flashbacks. It's just a very old armor design.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Just because you've been killed doesn't mean you have to die.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Just because you've been killed doesn't mean you have to die.

yeah whatever shirou

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I said the opposite of what he said! If anything, I’m, like... Uorihs.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Incubus: He's right behind me, isn't he.
Zoss: [standing in front of Incubus] :|

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
In non-Zoss news, it looks like Meti is just as bad at the whole "getting your master's lessons" thing as her students.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

hey girl you up posted:

In non-Zoss news, it looks like Meti is just as bad at the whole "getting your master's lessons" thing as her students.

Everyone takes away the lesson they want to learn, not the lesson that you were trying to teach them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

hey girl you up posted:

Reaching Heaven through Violence only gets you to Throne.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

PMush Perfect posted:

"You were dead!"

Yeah, I love how he puts the rear end in a top hat in his place in five words as an afterthought.

I mean, the little spiel beforehand ought to have done the trick, but it was for Allison's benefit and Incubus was clearly too busy avoiding an heart attack to properly listen to it. The utterly terrifying (for Incubus) implication that Z didn't cheat death, didn't dodge it, didn't get a resurrection engineered through either sheer badass or contingency plans, he IS dead and simply doesn't give a gently caress about it was ALL for Incubus.

I like how Allison is behaving mostly like an equal towards Zoss. She is asking for help and she is showing him proper respect, but without any fear or being a sycophant.
I'm curious how she'll react next page though.

team overhead smash posted:

Or Zoss will seeing as it's been made clear he isn't just in her head.
It could happen, because who could tell Z no, Incubus? Solomon?
But I doubt it, if he wanted to intervene in person he'd have done so already.

Of course, trying to divine Royalty's intentions is a fool's errand (and not the Royalty-achieving kind of foolishness), so this is strictly my opinion; I'd also love to see Salami's reaction, because it would be even less dignified than Incubus'.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Oh yeah, in a world known to have kung fu techniques that make your head (and only your head) indestructible that's probably totally a thing huh

Although if that's the case it would make the whole "carries on existing after dying because gently caress death I rule" thing significantly less cool because it means having his head taken off never actually killed Zoss at all, so I don't know what I want to be true here.

If Zoss is just a head at this point (and it might be the case, note the hole in his forehead where the key of kings used to be) then he's giving me real Morag the Immortal vibes.

Note that while that link is perfectly SFW, the Oglaf site as a whole is decidedly not.

Re: Zoss - he'd hosed off prior to the universal war but he didn't actually get decapitated until he showed up in Allison's room. Swolemon seems to be outright stating that the Conquering King is still around on this page.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 2, 2020

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

habeasdorkus posted:

If Zoss is just a head at this point (and it might be the case, note the hole in his forehead where the key of kings used to be) then he's giving me real Morag the Immortal vibes.

Inside the prosthetic torso is an imp working an old timey set of bellows plugged into the bottom of Zoss' throat so he can talk.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Omobono posted:

I like how Allison is behaving mostly like an equal towards Zoss. She is asking for help and she is showing him proper respect, but without any fear or being a sycophant.

Has our girl ever shown any kind of reverence to any character in this story who believed they deserved it?

Zoss is just some old guy living in her head to her

I wonder if he showed up at all in thr timeskip

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Omobono posted:

Yeah, this is my take away too. Allison isn't shocked and she gets straight to the point.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I think she's just used to him showing up when her plans are going to poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Omobono posted:

; I'd also love to see Salami's reaction, because it would be even less dignified than Incubus'.

Solomon would do that anime bad guy thing where he looks shocked for a second and then scowls even harder than before.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Relinquish your foolish
delusions of control.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I mean, Alison's from LA, it's not like she's never seen a celebrity before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Tulip posted:

I mean, Alison's from LA, it's not like she's never seen a celebrity before.

:five: