Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Paul Brown Stadium is an outdoor football stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is the home venue of the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League ... and has a listed seating capacity of 65,515.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wonder why Florida didn't get a Italy style overwhelming that let the chud Ron Desantis brag about doing a "heck of a job!"

Some of my theories

-State cover-up especially how they forced medical examiners to retract their mortality data and also for many weeks made it illegal for nursing homes to report CV deaths

Article: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/politics/florida-coronavirus-death-figures-withheld/index.html

-Florida has laughing stock mass transit most people drive solo to work which is contrast to the NE/NYC hot spot in which mass transit use is much higher (Lowers R0)

-Air pollution carries CV, Florida isn't as heavily industrialized as the NYC Metro area assuming that is possible for pollution/smog to serve as a transmission vector

-Laughable testing results means FL does have a high number of cases but lack of testing is sweeping it under the rug

-local metro areas did eventually do a shut down despite the Chud governor trying to keep things up

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't want to be sick anymore. It's now hard to breathe and once I start coughing I almost puke it gets so violent. My stupid test was negative so if I don't have it then what's wrong with me? My doctor said something about other viruses they're seeing that are, and I quote, "not the flu but just as bad as covid-19" but WTF is that supposed to mean? Like? WTF? She also said she's not convinced I don't have it. What's the point of a test if it's not totally valid? Why would they put that on the market? I'm afraid to call her because I don't want to upset my husband who started to get angry with me yesterday for still being sick and all whiny and I get it, I was being pathetic and I guess he's going to say this is my normal asthma or something but that hasn't given me issues in a little bit. I'm scared and don't really have anywhere to turn. This is all bullshit

i would call the doctor. better annoyed/pathetic than potentially dead

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Imagine someone who believes in the power of prayer learning that they're in the control group. Just a bunch of Christian Scientists actively not praying for you to recover.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

endlessmonotony posted:

Read some Camus.

He was a shitbag with no real answers.

there are no real answers

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Impkins Patootie posted:

I have one : gently caress you

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

Red Minjo posted:

Imagine someone who believes in the power of prayer learning that they're in the control group. Just a bunch of Christian Scientists actively not praying for you to recover.

I’m secretly praying for all the control groups. :sickos:

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Skypie posted:

my aunt and cousin are pissed off at people who got unemployment + $600. why? cuz my cousin got denied for being "self-employed." spoiler alert: he lives in florida and is full MAGA.

For reference, I've been self-employed for 15yrs and as of 3 days ago my red state is depositing $730 in my account every week because Bernie said so (actually, I have no idea why they're depositing more than $600). No interview or anything, I haven't waited on hold at all.

I imagine every state is different, but NC wasn't as bad for me as I had been hearing. Required me to register myself as an employer, to affirm that I cut my hours because of covid-19, to prove that I pay state taxes in NC with a tax return from the last couple years, and to prove I had income in 2019. They rejected my state claim a month ago, but finally approved the PUA stuff last week and sent me a couple grand for the last 3 weeks.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Impkins Patootie posted:

smoke weed everyday

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjK7JmInzHI

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1256550526310912000?s=20

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

appreciate the deathbed congrats

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I think y'all are overestimating May. NYC has peaked and a lot of the country was shut down in April. I'm gonna guess another 50k to bring the total up to about 110k.

The hosed month is gonna be June after we are back open for May with no changes from the first shut down other than there now being a way bigger reservoir of infected people.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I found photos of the anti-lockdown protest held in Melbourne Australia yesterday. It was cold and rainy so hardly anyone bothered turning up, and the few that did just stood around quietly, looking miserable. They didn't even bring any misspelled placards.

https://www.facebook.com/tommytanuki/posts/707089376706879

:mediocre:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

etalian posted:

Wonder why Florida didn't get a Italy style overwhelming that let the chud Ron Desantis brag about doing a "heck of a job!"

Italy had a huge outbreak on their hands before anyone reacted in any way. It might not seem like much, but a decent part of the population coughing into their elbow and washing their hands regularly is well known make a huge difference in how quickly these things spread.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I read the last 10 pages and didn't see it post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgOxRM8GKJ0

Chinese state media mocking Trump.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I found photos of the anti-lockdown protest held in Melbourne Australia yesterday. It was cold and rainy so hardly anyone bothered turning up, and the few that did just stood around quietly, looking miserable. They didn't even bring any misspelled placards.

https://www.facebook.com/tommytanuki/posts/707089376706879

:mediocre:

this is why astroturfing this poo poo is so effective. all these people need is a hired on leader to churn their white rage into froth that the media cannot resist covering.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1256554239318470656

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

ChristsDickWorship posted:

For reference, I've been self-employed for 15yrs and as of 3 days ago my red state is depositing $730 in my account every week because Bernie said so (actually, I have no idea why they're depositing more than $600). No interview or anything, I haven't waited on hold at all.

I imagine every state is different, but NC wasn't as bad for me as I had been hearing. Required me to register myself as an employer, to affirm that I cut my hours because of covid-19, to prove that I pay state taxes in NC with a tax return from the last couple years, and to prove I had income in 2019. They rejected my state claim a month ago, but finally approved the PUA stuff last week and sent me a couple grand for the last 3 weeks.

they basically gave up and started blaming everyone else who was getting money and calling them welfare leeches lol

I don't think they've tried to appeal the decision or seek more info

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol gently caress it’s early to be reading that

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Yeah, I am surprised that Florida, New Orleans, etc aren't totally hosed but that probably bodes wells for this thing being less bad than initially thought, eifher in how much it spreads or in how many people don't get very sick.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Used a nebulizer and am feeling MUCH better, sad brain first thing in the morning is crappy. At least I'm not one of the 13% of all Georgians who are on unemployment right now because I don't qualify for unemployment, wonder what the actual number is?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

ChristsDickWorship posted:

I need to look into this because I got a big fat go gently caress yourself

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Italy had a huge outbreak on their hands before anyone reacted in any way. It might not seem like much, but a decent part of the population coughing into their elbow and washing their hands regularly is well known make a huge difference in how quickly these things spread.

like the good take away from all this might be better habits in general. way too many people are filthy slobs and we've sort of brought back public shaming

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

love to be assumed a criminal just for walking into a store

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Isn't touching your face worse than not wearing a mask at all

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Hmm...guess we couldn't let those people walk around unbothered with their masks and bandannas and whatnot.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Moxie posted:

depends but not really.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Good news, chuds are making violent threats about being forced to wear a mask and increasingly the response is to just give in.

https://twitter.com/StwNewsPress/status/1256370089542197248?s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Don Pigeon posted:

love to be assumed a criminal just for walking into a store

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsMKypvmB0

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
so since the US is basically doing fuckall, when will herd immunity start to become an actual thing? i've seen claims of 60% of the population having antibodies being a figure that Sweden was working with

330 million people (US pop) * 60% of population infected = 198 million cases

198 million cases * 1% death rate = 1.98 million deaths

so.... wait for two million people to die then it's safe to go out??????

Moxie posted:

i think that's part of the point

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KimNorvellDMR/status/1256560329716314112?s=20

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

'one customer stayed for two hours but they definitely were isolated because no one was sitting directly next to them'

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

turd in my singlet posted:

so since the US is basically doing fuckall, when will herd immunity start to become an actual thing? i've seen claims of 60% of the population having antibodies being a figure that Sweden was working with

330 million people (US pop) * 60% of population infected = 198 million cases

198 million cases * 1% death rate = 1.98 million deaths

so.... wait for two million people to die then it's safe to go out??????

I think the other big elephant in the room is that it's poorly understand how the immunity works or how long the antibodies would be prepped to react for future infections.

I imagine in next 4 -5 months the above issue will be better understood.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

orange sky posted:

Is this a copy-paste or is it real if it's real go to the hospital right now if you have trouble breathing

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

how could twoday miss this

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

quote:

COLUMBIA, S.C. —

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster was joined by state public health officials Friday for a news conference about coronavirus cases and the state's response.

(Watch above)

Headlines: (See details on each headline below)

Removing home-or-work order on Monday. This will be voluntary as of Monday.
Outside dining at restaurants allowed beginning Monday in addition to takeout and delivery. Must follow guidelines from the restaurant association.
Removing restrictions for short term rentals in hot spots
Removing the two week quarantine for people traveling to SC.
Statewide day of prayer will be this Sunday
McMaster will decide later about dining in restaurants and lifting other restrictions
DHEC update: 160 news cases, total cases: 6,258; 12 new deaths, total deaths: 256 (More details below)

quote:

“Our goal from the onset of this deadly pandemic has been to protect South Carolinians, but as we all know, the state’s economic health is a major component of the state’s public health,” said McMaster.
:doit::downsbravo:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Thoguh posted:

Good news, chuds are making violent threats about being forced to wear a mask and increasingly the response is to just give in.

https://twitter.com/StwNewsPress/status/1256370089542197248?s=19

this is why chuds are winners!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I think y'all are overestimating May. NYC has peaked and a lot of the country was shut down in April. I'm gonna guess another 50k to bring the total up to about 110k.

The hosed month is gonna be June after we are back open for May with no changes from the first shut down other than there now being a way bigger reservoir of infected people.

positive cases grew linearly the entire month of April. +30k sick every day. presumably because testing was at capacity. early mid April New York was 30-40%, once 50% of that. this last week it was only ever 15%. still same 30k growth. the rest of the country is more than capable of picking up the slack.

like it doesn’t even make sense. 30k cases but the deaths are 2k sometimes close to 3k? and possibly underreported up to 40-50%? this thing doesn’t kill 10% of people, it’s just hidden as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The sunbelt states are the Axis of Dumb.

I know it FL they are planning to start a partial re-open on May 5 but most of the places I talked to during my WFH lunch runs says they will stick out to takeout only for May.