Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

post the naked fish man, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
It was a really great post. You’ll just have to trust me on that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

Is there a button labelled with an icon similar to this on your VDU?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Carthag Tuek posted:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

mysterious frankie posted:

This does nothing to diminish the cleverness of it’s construction. All humor is the byproduct of at least moderate amounts of suffering/old school brain crazies that are wiped out or managed in more civilized areas of the world. This is why, for example, the Swedish national joke is a brutally competent line drawing of a conventionally handsome naked man holding a fish that is too large for its species while looking confused. The creator is considered one of the edgiest voices in their entertainment industry today, and a group of his countrymen who dress like witch clowns that have been crying at the s&m club have written songs praising his hosed-uppedness, relative to the national mean. There should be a PETA that gets pissed off at comedy nerds.

I didn’t have any beef with you. I just thought of that while reading your post and was too proud of myself not to write it down.

Post the naked fishman comic

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

This does nothing to diminish the cleverness of it’s construction. All humor is the byproduct of at least moderate amounts of suffering/old school brain crazies that are wiped out or managed in more civilized areas of the world. This is why, for example, the Swedish national joke is a brutally competent line drawing of a conventionally handsome naked man holding a fish that is too large for its species while looking confused. The creator is considered one of the edgiest voices in their entertainment industry today, and a group of his countrymen who dress like witch clowns that have been crying at the s&m club have written songs praising his hosed-uppedness, relative to the national mean. There should be a PETA that gets pissed off at comedy nerds.

I didn’t have any beef with you. I just thought of that while reading your post and was too proud of myself not to write it down.

Yeah? Now explain benis.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

that's a really old subversion of the phrase, though usually with outright poisoning rather than slow poisoning.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Paladinus posted:

Yeah? Now explain benis.

That’s Finnish, which means it’s a cia psyop because there’s no record of a Finn voluntarily interacting with anyone (a baseline requirement for humor).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

That’s Finnish, which means it’s a cia psyop because there’s no record of a Finn voluntarily interacting with anyone (a baseline requirement for humor).

Stabbings are a type of interaction

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Carthag Tuek posted:

Stabbings are a type of interaction

Seems more like an intra-action

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Seems more like an intra-action

Hmm. True

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've been asked for liquor money at least once

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've been asked for liquor money at least once

Congrats on your marriage

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Arrhythmia posted:

Congrats on meeting Lowtax

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
people who were trying to figure out a way to say "don't dig here" over nuclear waste deposits should just put up the phrase "isn't it just achingly wonderful" instead of those other options

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ulex minor posted:

people who were trying to figure out a way to say "don't dig here" over nuclear waste deposits should just put up the phrase "isn't it just achingly wonderful" instead of those other options

Just post a Moon over June or an MM&O and it'll be safe forever

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
I just wanted to chime in to say I've been laughing at the line "big bing boing boingy boy" for a good five minutes

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Hattie Masters posted:

I just wanted to chime in to say I've been laughing at the line "big bing boing boingy boy" for a good five minutes

get the PAN off the STOVE

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://twitter.com/anderjak/status/1255618387008344065

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

oh hey it's electronic tigers

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sinfest

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Winklebottom posted:

oh hey it's electronic tigers

Keep going, there's a bunch more
https://twitter.com/anderjak/status/1255619391707770880

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

So the last line indicates a forthcoming apocalypse, right?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Baron von Eevl posted:

So the last line indicates a forthcoming apocalypse, right?

loving finally

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I have a hard time believing Electronic Tiger's was anyone's favorite webcomic.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jesus Christ

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's clearly God the Father

I'm going to have to burn you at the stake for that

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

The Moon Monster posted:

What about the athlete who sponsored that water?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Elfface posted:

What about the athlete who sponsored that water nutraceutical beverage?

ftfy

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Jesus Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

This man later went on to marry Betty Boop (who is his wife, he's married to Betty Boop)

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This man later went on to marry Betty Boop (who is his wife, he's married to Betty Boop)

Actually, that was just a dream and he really lives with his roommates, Peter Griffin and Bugs Bunny, whom he also works with at Subway.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Moon Monster posted:

If there's one thing that webcomics have taught me it's that if you put out content regularly, no matter how mediocre at best, you will retain a fanbase. Basically the principle behind newspaper comics but it turns out you don't need standards.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Basically the principle behind newspaper comics but it turns out you don't need standards.

Why did you write the same thing twice?

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Does anyone remember when they used to have webcomic awards, and they’d have a category for “best new female character”, and it always went to a woman with a hugely overdramatic backstory and destiny, and in retrospect always marked the downfall of the comic?

That sucked.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i honestly think the TERF/SWERFification of Sinfest will probably be one of the last old school webcomic meltdowns. It seems like the folks getting huge are all either stable artists rather than internet dorks and a lot of the keenspot replacements seem to focus on managing their artists public personas, meaning there's at least one other set of eyes on it stopping these comics from going whole Cerberus.

i mean, if nothing else, how many old school webcomics are even still updating? I feel like QC is past the point where that kind of self destruction would have swamped the comic, and Megatokyo doesn't update often enough for Piro to drive it off the rails. It's just going to stop updating one day and no one will say anything in the blogs until like two years later.

edit- there's still gonna be meltdowns, but i feel like it'll be much better disguised behind paywalls and confined to private discord servers, less so with the creator grabbing their comic and going "okay, this is how i'm venting my spleen from now on."

someone pointed this out, but Exploitation Now ran for less than two years and only half of that featured the "actual" main characters.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So did the cuck episode of Oh Joy Sex Toy kill the webcomic, or was there other problematic stuff that happened later on top of that? I remember the webcomic being a sex toy review comic, with the artist drawing pretty diverse subjects. So I was pretty surprised to hear people turning on the artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Panfilo posted:

So did the cuck episode of Oh Joy Sex Toy kill the webcomic, or was there other problematic stuff that happened later on top of that? I remember the webcomic being a sex toy review comic, with the artist drawing pretty diverse subjects. So I was pretty surprised to hear people turning on the artist.

Nah, they've been updating recently (including comicblogging about being in quarantine and the whole mood shifting away from caring about reviewing sex stuff, which is fair I guess). Note that I only know this because I looked it up to make fun of it after it first got mentioned the other day.