Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Lucas Oil Stadium has a seating capacity of 67,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Gringostar posted:

my gf works as a medical researcher so she's picking up extra shifts to help them maintain security on buildings (taking temperature and making sure distances are maintained) so I went up early to see her this weekend to get drawn since she usually donates plasma in the afternoon

as an aside, blood is red, communism is red, giving blood to strangers is pretty much the most communist thing I can think of besides overthrowing the bourgeoisie

This guy's take is both cool and good. I too would donate blood but for the fact I'm a match to donate bone marrow, and my extraction is tentatively scheduled at the end of May/beginning of June

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/dream_catalogue/status/1256582891003314179?s=20

:stoked:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Apraxin posted:

primed and ready to shoot that loving virus dead as a doornail

when i become presdient the first thing im gonna do is outlaw cospaly

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/freedom_memes/status/1256275953761710082

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Edit: ^^Jesus, they're REALLY going all out on the "Trump is too friendly with China" angle, aren't they?

Apraxin posted:

primed and ready to shoot that loving virus dead as a doornail

Hey there, LaVoy Finicum 2.0

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

everyday i pray to finally see tear gassed chuds

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

got him

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hmm. Wonder why this poo poo is only happening in states with democratic governors even though both parties are residing over shutdowns. Guess we’ll never know.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

no shoes no shirt no covid no service

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

As CHUD placards go, I'm impressed there's no spelling errors here, and the shadowing on the letters is pretty decent.

Jon Irenicus posted:

it's so beautiful out

my lizard brain so desperately wants to be outside

This was the whole of April for me. My company went mandatory work-from-home just after St Paddy's Day, and right around the same time Ireland began 6 weeks of blue cloudless skies without a single drop of rain. After a miserably damp winter it was the longest dry spell in living memory. Thankfully we have a small south-facing yard so I was able to sit outside and work, and am as close to tanned as a pasty ginger Irish guy is ever likely to get.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jon Irenicus posted:

it's so beautiful out

my lizard brain so desperately wants to be outside

years in the engine room in those north atlantic winters have prepared me for this

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Lucas Oil Stadium has a seating capacity of 67,000

man if only every covid death was a colts fan

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CharlieGileNBC/status/1256642854044209152

lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lmao imagine overcoming agoraphobia and stepping of the porch for more than 10 minutes

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

how are all these people so incredibly stupid

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The second, third, forth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth peaks are gonna be wild

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

bc theres no point in any of our social distancing virtue signalling without a coordinated centralized effort and extensive money printer for normies

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1256694888474738693

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1256693686345371649

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I went in to a microcenter today in jersey and 99% of the people in the streets had masks

Im guessing people just gotta learn the hard way

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

~~~ASIAN HORNETS!~~~~~ LIKE THE CHINAVIRUS

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Danny LaFever posted:

Today my wife comes up to me with clippers and says "Let me give you a haircut!"

I reluctantly agree.

seconds later "OOPS!"

Luckily I'm never leaving the house again.

I asked my wife to give me a trim and she was really apprehensive and didn't want to do it but once she started it was all giggles and she doesn't want me to ever go back to a barber.

My cut was 'put on a half inch guard and go to town' though so not much you could gently caress up other that missing a spot.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

~~~ASIAN HORNETS!~~~~~ LIKE THE CHINAVIRUS

They have these stories every summer. They're down here time to time. I ~think~ we ran into one camping in 2018 that attacked my purse stinging it over and over until my husband whacked it with the cooler lid. It wasn't anything I'd seen around the area before and it was huge

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Honestly most people are so out of the loop if you tell them "the governor is lifting the stay-at-home order" they'll interpret it as meaning the pandemic is over. I'm talking like so out of it the only news they get is seeing the daily front page of the paper in the checkout line in the gas station in the morning.

That's what makes lovely leadership so much worse.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hey so I heard that penalties for dipping into your savings were removed in one of the relief bills so I thought about just paying off my mortgage

But then a friend looked into it more and said that according to the fine print you have to put all the money back in 90 days or you get penalized

i wonder how many people are going to get hosed over by that

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Mix of Trump and Kemp

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Lmao that everyone in this thread sees a horrible tsunami coming in one to two weeks and we can do literally nothing to stop it

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Justin Tyme posted:

Honestly most people are so out of the loop if you tell them "the governor is lifting the stay-at-home order" they'll interpret it as meaning the pandemic is over. I'm talking like so out of it the only news they get is seeing the daily front page of the paper in the checkout line in the gas station in the morning.

That's what makes lovely leadership so much worse.

this is bullshit, everyone is 100% plugged into a partisan news bubble 24/7 now, its why we have so many chuds and broke brained internet people and weird libs

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

where are you getting 2900 dead for may 1st?

I see 1800 on most sites

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

the differences in these numbers is because they're not reporting the same thing. WHO is reporting "here are the number of covid-19 deaths that this country reported in the last 24 hours" whereas the cdc and the worldometers site, etc. are reporting number of covid deaths that day. so when someone dies of pneumonia and the medical examiner doesn't determine the cause of death to be covid for a week or two, it shows up on the WHO data as a covid death reported in the last 24 hours, but the cdc and worldometers etc. go back and add it as a covid death on the day the death occurred. so both are true, there were 1850ish confirmed covid deaths yesterday, and another about 1000 that weren't reported as covid deaths on the days the deaths occurred, but have been added in now.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

just an aside wasp killer is probably one of the most powerful weapons you can buy that isn’t explicitly so

fires with a ton of pressure and pretty much instantly blinds anyone if it gets in their eyes

fucks up wasps bad too

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Lmao that everyone in this thread sees a horrible tsunami coming in one to two weeks and we can do literally nothing to stop it

Just be that weird person standing on the street corner screaming about the end times wearing piss drenched pants while everyone avoids making eye contact and continues to get on with their day? Pretty much describes my life

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

just an aside wasp killer is probably one of the most powerful weapons you can buy that isn’t explicitly so

fires with a ton of pressure and pretty much instantly blinds anyone if it gets in their eyes

fucks up wasps bad too

Exactly why I bought it to begin with. 20ft range, baby

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

fucks up wasps bad too

Lol

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I went in to a microcenter today in jersey and 99% of the people in the streets had masks

Im guessing people just gotta learn the hard way

Unless it's specifically a medical mask they're not going to do poo poo and possibly even be detrimental. I see people with cloth and painter's masks and those won't do anything but aggregate saliva on them and cause people to touch their face more. The painter's masks even have warnings on them that say these will not protect your lungs.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fucks up wasps bad too

Also you can turn cans of wasp killer into nerve gas bombs

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Mayor Dave posted:

Also you can turn cans of wasp killer into nerve gas bombs

Do tell

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

fucks up wasps bad too

pfft I attached a firehose to my roof with a pump attached to a barrel of pepper spray to ward off any infected walking near my house, the mail man fears me. I bet it world work on super hornets

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

helta posted:

Do tell

The can is already a pressurized cylinder of a neurotoxin, I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Unless it's specifically a medical mask they're not going to do poo poo and possibly even be detrimental. I see people with cloth and painter's masks and those won't do anything but aggregate saliva on them and cause people to touch their face more. The painter's masks even have warnings on them that say these will not protect your lungs.

yah but you also wear a mask to prevent your own droplets from spreading when you're asymptomatic