Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@yuming, do you think there's a scum vig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

OFFICER LIGER posted:

no he hurt mr steak too

I'm PRETTY SURE steak knows whatsup when it comes to green

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sandwolf posted:

@yuming, do you think there's a scum vig?
I don't see why not.

I don't usually get a strong tone read on Amni but this gives me bad vibes.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

vivat virtute posted:

you know steak was doing a fake action right

I did catch that, but having steak immediately daykilled, but still in votefinder was a real roller coaster for me

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

yuming posted:

I don't see why not.

You just want me dead before I discover you are scum and then the town ignores me the entire game!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Amnistar posted:

You just want me dead before I discover you are scum and then the town ignores me the entire game!

Write a haiku on why you aren't scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yuming posted:

I don't see why not.

I agree with the first part and to a lesser degree the second part but:

While this does seem characteristically un-thoughtful from Amni (and I can see a scum motivation for it), I think it's more likely he just got overexcited with a vig like every does

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah also Amni that new avatar is awful and I hate it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's almost reason enough for me to want to vote Amni. But I want more before I vote.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

yeah also Amni that new avatar is awful and I hate it

I agree. I did not expect the punishment to be so awful.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I agree with the first part and to a lesser degree the second part but:

While this does seem characteristically un-thoughtful from Amni (and I can see a scum motivation for it), I think it's more likely he just got overexcited with a vig like every does

No joke, I posted in my confessional I was going to hold it and just kill whoever had the most votes at 12 hours to deadline....it...didn't last long.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Immediately busting your poo poo out and then backpedaling into "haha it was a joke, i'm like a ghost or a dog and just sort of do things randomly. im harmless!" is definitely a good way to play the game.

Unfortunately, it's not a good way to play if you're innocent of crimes. ##vote Amnistar

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Amnistar posted:

No joke, I posted in my confessional I was going to hold it and just kill whoever had the most votes at 12 hours to deadline....it...didn't last long.

I'm voting you because you didnt include a cool send off line when shooting him, you should have been all "It looks like this Steak just got sent back to the kitchen" ##vote Amnistar

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I'm voting you because you didnt include a cool send off line when shooting him, you should have been all "It looks like this Steak just got sent back to the kitchen" ##vote Amnistar

That's acceptable.

All these other people voting for me are clearly scum.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Token Female with a real vote on me, OMGUS!

You're reaching a little too far, I was a 2nd vote on someone, not a big deal, and definitely would not have condoned a vig kill.

I am not scared to put my vote out early, it's not a scum move, just means I'm willing to get in the mix.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Token Female posted:

Ok thanks.

I think we should all be suspicious of Jammy then. I expect better from Jammy's heart reads. Probably scum.

I am a new man. I'll let you know if/when my Jammydar goes off.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I don't think Amni is scum with a vig kill, he seems to be townie with a "nothing to lose" attitude, which I hardly find unique to scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Scum day vigilantes are overpowered and I don't believe in them.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Hey folks just finished up Harry Potter Mafia and I see things are already super stupid in here!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

yuming posted:

Yes, exactly.

Scum-Amni: "I did a thing Town do! I am carefree like a Town player!"
If there’s anything you and I and like 80% of this game should know right now it’s that the reverse is also true and amni does things scum would do while town.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

It is a highly unlikely role. I actually find it weird Yuming would be suspect of it so early. Actual scum would want to wait for a more critical time to fire it off, it's much more likely for town to fire it off for a laff.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

vivat virtute posted:

the post keane was quoting was a jokevote responding to a post from before the game even started

i don't like this

Was it?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It categorically was.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Bad response.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Varinn posted:

Immediately busting your poo poo out and then backpedaling into "haha it was a joke, i'm like a ghost or a dog and just sort of do things randomly. im harmless!" is definitely a good way to play the game.

Unfortunately, it's not a good way to play if you're innocent of crimes. ##vote Amnistar

This is a pretty sketchy vote

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Also this, a scum dayvig turns LYLO into a loss, it’s super OP.

Also amni being an insanely powerful scum role and wasting it D1 to weaken his team and unnecessarily put himself on everyone’s radar as a ploy to make everyone decide he’s so scummy he must be town is, to put it lightly, some real galaxy brain poo poo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OFFICER LIGER posted:

It categorically was.

How strange.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Also this, a scum dayvig turns LYLO into a loss, it’s super OP.

Also amni being an insanely powerful scum role and wasting it D1 to weaken his team and unnecessarily put himself on everyone’s radar as a ploy to make everyone decide he’s so scummy he must be town is, to put it lightly, some real galaxy brain poo poo.

Yeah I agree with Andy on this

*Makes note to do this on d1 if I ever get a scum dayvig role*

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Jamuraan posted:

Token Female with a real vote on me, OMGUS!

I'm not voting for you. :confused:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Scum, third party, doesn't particularly matter. But absolutely having the ability to do this "I'm wacky!" thing so early, and then just coast for the rest of the game because well, they're the town vig, is absolutely the sort of thing an overeager villain with a daykill would do.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

It was the immediate "oh, that was a random kill. there was no reason" post afterwards that seals it for me. trying to immediately disclaim any responsibility for "wasting" a kill.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Token Female posted:

I'm not voting for you. :confused:

Oh my fault, I don't know why I thought you were.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Varinn posted:

Scum, third party, doesn't particularly matter. But absolutely having the ability to do this "I'm wacky!" thing so early, and then just coast for the rest of the game because well, they're the town vig, is absolutely the sort of thing an overeager villain with a daykill would do.

I think you might be proecting.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mafia Edit:
I think you might be projecting.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Not being able to edit is a crime to me, now, how did i live like this

it would've been infinitely more reassuring if the post afterwards had been "gently caress. i legit thought there was a chance he was scum. oh well lmao" like its still goofy but understandable (i would absolutely pop off with a daykill like that, its very funny)

but trying to distance yourself from it? nah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Prereacting even

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Varinn posted:

Not being able to edit is a crime to me, now, how did i live like this

it would've been infinitely more reassuring if the post afterwards had been "gently caress. i legit thought there was a chance he was scum. oh well lmao" like its still goofy but understandable (i would absolutely pop off with a daykill like that, its very funny)

So...you'd be happier if I lied?

I shot steak because I have a bit of a friendly rivalry with them and I thought the set-up for the "Oh you're day 1 scum" was fun. I did not have any actual scum read on steak before I shot them.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

it was an example. i would've also been happy with what you just posted! because it adds context and clarity to an actual action with consequences. it fills out a profile of your posting, to compare against. but instead you didn't, and just tried to move on quickly until pressed, and unfortunately, i think that's pretty suspicious.

day 1 is lean on data, so it does truly rely on hunch and instinct, but your kill at least gives us a little meat on the bone

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Varinn posted:

Amni probably saw Steak say something mildly awkward and thought, "If I get a hit here, it'll be the next big mafia instagram moment and we'll all laugh and I'll be very popular."

But then he missed like a doofus, and probably had to play off the fact that he's kind of embarrassed by it. Just a...yes, a joke! I meant to do that all along, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Varinn posted:

it was an example. i would've also been happy with what you just posted! because it adds context and clarity to an actual action with consequences. it fills out a profile of your posting, to compare against. but instead you didn't, and just tried to move on quickly until pressed, and unfortunately, i think that's pretty suspicious.

day 1 is lean on data, so it does truly rely on hunch and instinct, but your kill at least gives us a little meat on the bone

agreed! Like the people jumping on me as an easy cuddle target!