Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I mean it's pretty drat clear that the whole thing here is a choice between the slick soul-grinding neo-liberalism that the Obama years epitomized, or the unpredictable, destructive, incompetent and unchecked cruelty of Trump. This time, though, if we return back to 'normal,' there's an agitated and active left wing of the party that has dragged the discussion and expectations of democratic voters over close to their side, even if the nature of electoral politics is still beholden to the endless waves of boomers and their willingness to fall in line behind the guy that the party signals can be elected.

No one is or can be convinced here that the Biden years would be great times. No one needs to be convinced that they'd be just as bad as the Obama years. I think everyone's on the same page that anything good that happens is going to be after a fight, just like it always was and will be. But I think, and I think others do too, that a fight like that is better fought under Biden than Trump, because there's more leverage there, and Biden's less likely to continue to rip apart the fabric of government and his administration would've at least been able to handle something like this better.

If Trump somehow wins when in November things have been a rolling wreck since March, pulling off some EC victory again cause there's no fuckin' way he wins the popular vote, might as well just not have drat elections because Nothing Matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

coronavirus posted:

Now, if the dems actually wanted to win and end up running Hillary or Cuomo or Michelle Obama, they will win and the country will be run better, but gently caress if that will actually happen.

That's what kills me. I want Bernie to come back but I'd vote for anyone but Biden at this point. Seems like itd be easy to do considering how the DNC doesn't give a poo poo with how their elections are run.

It's hilarious in a sad way of how hard these ghouls want us to vote for Biden. He's so bad that there's barely anyone who's even pro Biden. Just lukewarm tasteless reception. Almost like that's the mindset desired for this joke of a party.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey guys, I know Betsy DeVos is an awful human being and is destroying the education system in America beyond repair but have you ever considered that [blank] would actually be a lot worse.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Well, not Bloomberg.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

what are they going to do to me if i defy their health and safety orders, huh?!?!?!?!?!?

quote:

The owner of a Maine brewpub lost his health and liquor licenses on Friday, a day after he declared on Fox News that he would reopen in opposition to the governor’s order that restaurants remain closed.

“I’m going to challenge the state to come and see, ‘Hey, this is what we’re doing. If you don’t like it, take me to court,’ ” Rick Savage, owner of Sunday River Brewing Co. in Bethel, said on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

He said he doubted that Gov. Janet Mills (D) would try to stop him, and he urged all businesses in Maine to follow his lead. A notice on the pub’s Facebook page early Friday said the restaurant would open at 4 p.m. with limited seating to maintain social distancing.

State officials then went to the restaurant and took its health license, which means that it also cannot have a liquor license, the Sun Journal reported. The pub announced that evening that it would close, effective that day.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

what are they going to do to me if i defy their health and safety orders, huh?!?!?!?!?!?

The part about him urging others to do the same makes me think of the kind of kid that would try to get everyone in the class to turn their desks around before the teacher shows up, and in the end he's the only one that does it

Madkal posted:

Hey guys, I know Betsy DeVos is an awful human being and is destroying the education system in America beyond repair but have you ever considered that [blank] would actually be a lot worse.

Secretary of Education Larry Summers noooooooo...

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

coronavirus posted:

I do love the optimism from some people that think somehow having the man running the country be a confused,old rapist in a blue coat will be so much better than a confused old rapist in a red coat.

Now, if the dems actually wanted to win and end up running Hillary or Cuomo or Michelle Obama, they will win and the country will be run better, but gently caress if that will actually happen.

The second paragraph is for loving with people right. I can’t tell anymore people have legit that bad ideas.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Seyser Koze posted:

don't mind me, just sitting here yearning for the gentle, competent guiding hand of larry summers

or you know. maybe i just want to keep my insurance and not die because trump wants to kill more folks for the number. biden sucks but will will take them over trump and co at this point. if we get lucky and someone else replaces biden than awesome.

Wilbur Swain posted:

I always laugh at how passive he is about people he accuses of committing treason. Surely he should have them executed, or at least prosecuted? But a few extra punctuation marks seem to suffice.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1256628709496369152

its because he is dumb coward who plays at being tough. thats it.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

You're adorable in thinking the DNC is competent at this point.

They are very competent in acting in a way that enriches the upper echelons of the party while doing very little for anyone else at the federal level (state level seems ok depending on the state).

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ah yes the science of profits over people.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

So how many pages of election chat are we,going to have before people actually use the election thread instead of this one? 10? 20? A ballpark would be nice.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Failboattootoot posted:

They are very competent in acting in a way that enriches the upper echelons of the party while doing very little for anyone else at the federal level (state level seems ok depending on the state).

Yeah, you can only call a party incompetent for so long before it becomes evident that it is a just convenient excuse for those in charge to uphold the status quo.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

BigglesSWE posted:

Wait till you see what Trump will sound like in 4 years.

I'm reminded of a scene from Invader Zim, at the 00m39s mark.

*random incoherent slurred words*
GOP officials and Fox News: "The Trump knoooows. The Trump knooooows."
"What exactly does.. .the Trump know?"
"I dunno, the future? It's hard to make out. MAGA!"
*random screaming*
"Ahaha... he does that sometimes."

CHEF!!! fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 2, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1256630090328346624

lol.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Blind Duke posted:

The second paragraph is for loving with people right. I can’t tell anymore people have legit that bad ideas.

Are you saying those candidates are worse than grandpa rapist Biden?

Or Hillary and co aren't as good as mystery candidate X that will never get chosen by the DNC anyways?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

evilweasel posted:

The quarantine equivalent of "what are you gonna do, stab me?"

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Context :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/MichaelRCaputo/status/1256243220410925056

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What happens if on May 12th the Supreme Court says to Mnuchin "turn over the tax returns", and Trump and Mnuchin and Barr all go, "lol no." What happens at that point?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Those are just alternative bees

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Zotix posted:

What happens if on May 12th the Supreme Court says to Mnuchin "turn over the tax returns", and Trump and Mnuchin and Barr all go, "lol no." What happens at that point?

In order:

A)

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Haha lol this country is so loving bad

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zotix posted:

Every individual who can comply but is refusing is personally risking their own personal assets to being seized for contempt of court.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 2, 2020

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Zotix posted:

Is there even a slight hope that Roberts goes for this?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Clinton is gonna get us politically the same as Biden minus rape accusations and the only people who bring up Michelle as a political entity are conservatives who have a strange infatuation for political/royal dynasties.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1256671783836663816

Get ready for tax cuts!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

That's like the 2000 Chicago Bulls.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

*snip*

Get ready for tax cuts!
meeting with jared AND ivanka??

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

can't wait for them to totally outflank from the left this time :haw:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Crowds flock to National Mall for Blue Angels and Thunderbirds flyover

quote:

Scores of people descended upon the National Mall on Saturday as the US Navy's Blue Angels and the Air Force's Thunderbirds performed a flyover to honor first responders on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic.

The nation's capital is under a stay-at-home order to slow down the spread of the virus but that didn't stop crowds from gathering between the US Capitol and Washington Monument.

Neither the requests from the Blue Angels and the District of Columbia's Homeland Security and Emergency Management office for people to refrain from leaving their homes to see the flyover.

"Residents in DC will be able to see the flyover from the safety of their home & should maintain all social distancing guidelines during this flyover," the emergency management office tweeted. "Please refrain from traveling to landmarks, the National Mall, hospitals & gathering in lg. groups to view flyovers."

https://twitter.com/jaymac1893/status/1256615192680677376

Who could have foreseen...

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Arizona SoS just released updated voter registration numbers.

R 34.9%
D 32.6%
I 31.8%

With a really strong US Senate candidate in Mark Kelly, Arizona is definitely going to be competitive this year.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zotix posted:

No matter what way that coin lands, Trump's tax returns are never going to be properly released so its kind of moot.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He really wants that fuckin national mall crowd, one way or another

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

evilweasel posted:

There's a lot of "losing my livelyhood to own the libs" stuff going on. We have that Shelly Luther "Karen" woman in Dallas; in Fort Worth, an establishment called the Basement Bar attempted to throw a party Friday, shutdown or not, but eventually caved when the owner had his lawyer talk to him (and probably reminded him that he'd lose his liquor license) and made the biggest passive-aggressive apology saying "all laws are bullshit, but I guess I gotta follow them"; and in San Antonio, a strip club rebrand itself as a "restaurant" to play around with the distinction between "bar" and "restaurant" and forgot that "sexually-oriented business" trumps that and got their asses shut down by the local authorities.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

SirPablo posted:

With a really strong US Senate candidate in Mark Kelly, Arizona is definitely going to be competitive this year.

Mark Kelly is a good dude too. My in-laws have met him. He’s a USMMA grad. He and his brother took some gold up into space for our class rings.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Trump's been retweeting Scott Adams all day, acting as though he set up Biden for a trap

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1256281885858123781
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1256283376949977088

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

nine-gear crow posted:

No matter what way that coin lands, Trump's tax returns are never going to be properly released so its kind of moot.
trump will shred them to make confetti and accuse the democrats of hating the troops when he throws it during a parade. democrats will instantly back down.

Willo567 posted:

Trump's been retweeting Scott Adams all day, acting as though he set up Biden for a trap
*snip*
why are his cabinets so empty? is scott adams going to starve to death because trump hasn't convinced him to buy more food??

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 2, 2020

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sure, just ... add it to the pile.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I guess that's one way to keep people inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

The Article posted:

If a hornet does get caught in a trap, Dr. Looney said, there are plans to possibly use radio-frequency identification tags to monitor where it goes — or simply attach a small streamer and then follow the hornet as it returns to its nest.

While most bees would be unable to fly with a disruptive marker attached, that is not the case with the Asian giant hornet. It is big enough to handle the extra load.
:aaa: