Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

peepsalot posted:

Does watering flowers as a visitor not use durability? Seems like my can is lasting forever...

Cans just have a lot of durability. Friends of mine have had theirs break while helping me with watering (which I've been requesting a lot lately as I managed to grow a blue rose, among other things, and am now trying to get more; so far it's reproduced once, so I'm still quite a way from a sustainable population) quite recently, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
My wife just starting playing a couple of days ago and is in the process of getting stuff built. Is the May Day stuff not available if she doesn’t have the Resident Services built yet? She’s been to Tom Nooks tent and doesn’t see anything about it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Greetings! Bangle, the bengal tiger pop star, is leaving Lahan today for other places.

Do you want this cat? Come on down and get her!

If you want other stuff...

The Nooks are selling toilet supplies, a football, some essay set, and a gigantic baseball cap which is apparently a bed. Tornps are only 129.
The Ables have space parkas, cycling and football shirts, fox masks, prim outfits, and Labelle sneakers.
Lopez might still be building Basement Flooring.
There's a buncha fossils on the ground, and some DIY stuff, take some!

C2MG3

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
e: just gonna hop on the island posted above me

Throw me in the didn't sell my turnips this week as they never went above 70 or so on my island camp. Anything over like 100 bells is all I need so I don't take a complete bath. I need to pay off loans on the first addition to my house after all.

I like your island!

fknlo fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 3, 2020

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I can recommend Bangle. She loves horror movies, and sent me the sweetest letter I've received in my life

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

If anyone else wants Ironwood Dressers or Cutting Boards come on over with the necessary materials and I'll make some for you:

Edit: Closed.

Cutting board = 2 hardwood, 1 iron
Ironwood Dresser = 7 wood, 4 iron

If you have any of the following I would like to touch them for cataloging:
  • Computers/laptops
  • Arcade machines
  • Stoves/ovens/cooktops
  • Refrigerators

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 3, 2020

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Policenaut posted:

Greetings! Bangle, the bengal tiger pop star, is leaving Lahan today for other places.

If you want other stuff...

The Nooks are selling toilet supplies, a football, some essay set, and a gigantic baseball cap which is apparently a bed. Tornps are only 129.
The Ables have space parkas, cycling and football shirts, fox masks, prim outfits, and Labelle sneakers.
Lopez might still be building Basement Flooring.
There's a buncha fossils on the ground, and some DIY stuff, take some!

C2MG3

Your island layout is wild and I love it.
Why no pressing minus to leave though?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Killingyouguy! posted:

Your island layout is wild and I love it.
Why no pressing minus to leave though?

IIRC it rolls everyone back to the last auto-save, which in high traffic environments (like turnip selling or rare DIY rushes) can cost people their stuff.

Sandwich Miter
Dec 24, 2006

Monte Cristo Deluxe
He stopped

Sandwich Miter fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 3, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wish I could terraform the beach :negative:

Also trying to make nice looking waterfalls is so hard when you're building a mountain yourself instead of using a preexisting one. You need so much space to work with.

Terraforming is great but also it's extremely frustrating

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
What are the three request only KK songs again?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

A Long Way Down posted:

Aww, well please add me with SW-1478-7295-3795. I love to send out KK songs daily. Anyone else that wants to add me please do.

You have been added. Will send you something nice next time I visit. You are also welcome on Ruby Isle of course!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for all your kind words and visits, everyone! I hope someone managed to convince Bengal to come home with them.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hmm, I don’t have an android phone but my girlfriend does. What tags do you have to buy? How difficult is it to actually do all this?

It honestly took me longer to figure out how to use the old android phone I bought than it did to make the tags once I had the app loaded.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
:siren: FREE STUFF :siren:

I'm clearing out my storage and have a bunch of extra clothes/items/tools/recipes for goons to take. Come and clear it out please. I also have an orchid with all five fruits if you need them

My Abel store is selling some amazing elegant hats and samurai helms; Nook Store is disappointing and the turnip prices suck though

Feel free to explore my house and rate it. There is one room in there that I guarantee will make your trip worth it

DC: CLOSED

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 3, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Edit: Communication error and I'm shutting down early. Sorry about that! Thanks for stopping by if you were able. And the tips if you left any.

Opening up the gates to Mau-Mau again. I'll keep them open for a couple of hours.

New Dodo code is: CLOSED

Gayle is still in boxes if anyone wants her. North end of the island in the middle at the top.

Giveaway area (just follow the path from the airport) has been restocked with the following:

Fossils - Megacero skull, Parasaur skull, Parasaur tail, Right ptera wing, Sabertooth tail, Spino torso

Housewares/miscellaneous
Board game, Cutting board x3, Tool cart, Cute bed (green), orange-paint wall, green-painted wood wall

Clothes - College cardigan (grey), Simple-accent socks (pink), Fuzzy vest (blue), Striped shorts (blue, blue and brown),
Guide shirt, Short-sleeve dress shirt (blue), Simple parka (grey), Color-block dress shirt (purple), wingtip shoes (black), forest-print dress (blue), peasant blouse (black and white), peasant blouse (blue and red), elegant hats in red, green, white and black (The last few items were donated by a visitor earlier today.)

Nook's Cranny has a telescope (5,600) in limited supply, along with a magic set and soup kettle. Turnip prices are trash.

Able Sisters have jockey uniforms, athletic jackets, peasant blouses, career skirts, cycling shorts, elegant hats

I have a DJ's turntable, Tower of Pisa, Dartboard, Climbing wall, arcade mahjong and combat games, kitchen island and Diner neon sign (red) out in front of my house for cataloging.

If you're looking for books, I left the two I had left over from crafting bookcases behind Nook's Cranny.

And for the goon who left a message on my board asking about them, yes there are green flowers in the game. :colbert:

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 3, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Nemo2342 posted:

I have a spreadsheet with all the K K songs I am missing, so it will be whatever is next on the list (currently Hypno K.K.). I'd also advocate for going for Animal City, Drivin', or Farewell since they can only be gotten via request.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Drivin'
Animal City
Farewell

Gotta be typed exactly like that, including caps and the apostrophe in Drivin', or apparently it won't work and you'll get a random song.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Animal City, Drivin', Farewell, Welcome Horizons (you already have this from unlocking the concerts)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hang on, let me just check the ol' BBS *beeping and screeching noises*

Crap! I was in the middle of buying something and then my mom picked up the phone!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Desperate Character posted:

:siren: FREE STUFF :siren:

I'm clearing out my storage and have a bunch of extra clothes/items/tools/recipes for goons to take. Come and clear it out please. I also have an orchid with all five fruits if you need them

My Abel store is selling some amazing elegant hats and samurai helms; Nook Store is disappointing and the turnip prices suck though

Feel free to explore my house and rate it. There is one room in there that I guarantee will make your trip worth it

DC: DXYDB

Wow! Thanks for the egg hat!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Opening up Matcha for a few hours.
Closed for now!

It's raining now just kinda foggy.

Nook's has this stuff.

Able's has this stuff.

https://imgur.com/p2YfVWJ.mp4

Plucky (second house to the right) is DIYing a street piano.

If you wanna help, I have two gardens on the second and third tiers that could benefit from some watering. You can get to the second tier by taking the ramp connected to the garden immediately after the stone bridge to the north. Like so:

https://i.imgur.com/4nF3NyY.mp4

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 3, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SilentChaz posted:

Opening up the gates to Mau-Mau again. I'll keep them open for a couple of hours.

Yoooo I'd been looking for the DJ turntable, the kitchen island, and the combat game for awhile now! Thanks for letting me touch them. I also bought the telescope!

Sandwich Miter
Dec 24, 2006

Monte Cristo Deluxe

LODGE NORTH posted:

D2GCM

It's raining.

Nook's has this stuff.

I grabbed the brooms and table. Also I watered. Thanks!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Been busy and slept on my two loads of turnips. About to get stuck with 55. Offering a NMT, Star bit, bells, whatever for any three digit price.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

LODGE NORTH posted:

D2GCM

It's raining.

Nook's has this stuff.

Able's has this stuff.

https://imgur.com/p2YfVWJ.mp4

Plucky (second house to the right) is DIYing a street piano.

If you wanna help, I have two gardens on the second and third tiers that could benefit from some watering. You can get to the second tier by taking the ramp connected to the garden immediately after the stone bridge to the north. Like so:

https://i.imgur.com/4nF3NyY.mp4

D2GCM

Very jealous of how well planned your island layout is. It feels huge! I feel like I’ve built myself into so many corners that would take so much work to clear up.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

And More posted:

My island is open right now and for the next hour or so. If by "tonight" you mean in 8 hours then I'm afraid we're in different time zones, and I won't be awake to help you out. I wouldn't mind touching that dark framed panel, though. :shobon:

I'm on now. I work pretty late sometimes. I don't know if your island is still open but here's my dodo code: CLOSED. I have the dark bordered and peach fruit box if anyone wants to catalogue! I have a bunch of materials and crap scattered in the plaza, the DIYs are free to take but my other stuff is just for myself.

Idia fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 3, 2020

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Does KK block other visitors (Celeste, saharah, etc)?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bought 200k worth of turnips @90 bells per from someone in Australia (just now), and my Nook's JUST closed (was buying at 135).

Van anyone invite me over to an island where Nook's is buying at a reasonable price?

Edit: nm just sold them for 144 per.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 3, 2020

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Closed. Thanks for the entertainment to those who visited.

andy_social fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 3, 2020

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Uni-wow! I have Hazel in boxes this evening and, like, nothing else interesting going on in my town right now at all. So if someone specifically wants her, let me know before I go to bed in about two hours, and I'll post a dodo code.

Policenaut posted:

I forget if I already posted this, but along similar lines as my inexplicable hatred of every bear villager, my wife refuses to have any of the big cats in our town because "their faces look like stubbly butts."

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 3, 2020

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Nm

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rollersnake posted:

I forget if I already posted this, but along similar lines as my inexplicable hatred of every bear villager, my wife refuses to have any of the big cats in our town because "their faces look like stubbly butts."

well shes right

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Has anyone done the math on the best way to get rid of stockpiles of fruits? I just realized I have hundreds of peaches stored, which was my native fruit. Is it more lucrative to sell the stacks or turn them all into something in particular?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

New Leaf posted:

Has anyone done the math on the best way to get rid of stockpiles of fruits? I just realized I have hundreds of peaches stored, which was my native fruit. Is it more lucrative to sell the stacks or turn them all into something in particular?

Sell on another island where its not native fruit for 500 ea.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
actually don't do that and don't craft them, just sell them because money is cheap and time is not

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Seymour Buttz posted:

Very jealous of how well planned your island layout is. It feels huge! I feel like I’ve built myself into so many corners that would take so much work to clear up.

Heh, thanks! Surprisingly, almost none of it was formally planned. I started with the base layout and gradually had ideas as time went on. My next goal is to uproot my bigger flower patch on the lefthand side and use it to store all the flowers I breed and clone by color.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Eat them one by one, then empty on the toilet, then do it again.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

MokBa posted:

Eat them one by one, then empty on the toilet, then do it again.

Can I eat while sitting on the toilet? Just one in, one out in one swoop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

kind of disappointing that you can't eat while on the toilet