Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

We already have drone video of boxes getting stacked up in mass graves out on that island in New York and we have pictures of corpses being stacked in hospitals in Detroit and NYC.

People literally do not and will not give a gently caress until it kills their friends and family. And probably not even then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We already have drone video of boxes getting stacked up in mass graves out on that island in New York and we have pictures of corpses being stacked in hospitals in Detroit and NYC.

People literally do not and will not give a gently caress until it kills their friends and family. And probably not even then.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol at all you morons whining about things opening back up

I'm staying the gently caress at home

corona's not gonna catch me

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

That's not going to continue for the long term. Once it's entrenched enough among service workers (who are disproportionately minority), it is inevitably going to spread into their whiter customer base and become just as virulent there, especially as many of them are insistent on taking no precautions.

Apr 7, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

That's not going to continue for the long term. Once it's entrenched enough among service workers (who are disproportionately minority), it is inevitably going to spread into their whiter customer base and become just as virulent there, especially as many of them are insistent on taking no precautions.

I can't believe China is going to do that to them.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Radirot posted:

noticing more people today not bothering wearing their mandatory facemasks here in ny. gas stations and bodegas aren't bothering to enforce poo poo. one guy was even blowing his nose at the cash register. cant wait to die now. yeah lets open it up.

:crnasickos:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Peacoffee posted:

you can feel the sense in the air of people who took something seriously, watching chuds on tv and secretly feeling kinda jealous of not caring. they’ve started to look for proof that they are overcautious lol

It absolutely sucks to not be able to see friends/family or even enjoy parks and playgrounds, and it's even harder seeing other people doing exactly that with no consequences

I can't even think of an analogy. Maybe if the speed limit on interstates was 10 mph and we all carefully drove in the right lane while watching everyone else do 80 just fine and thinking "ok surely they're going to die in a wreck or at least the govt will enforce its laws" but nope they just get to do what they want (and hit and run some people on the way with no consequences)

Apr 7, 2003

All the sci-fi stories about VR becoming reality for people are obsolete now because it didn't even take VR for a sizable percentage of people to quit believing in observable reality and immerse themselves in a more palatable fantasy.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

It absolutely sucks to not be able to see friends/family or even enjoy parks and playgrounds, and it's even harder seeing other people doing exactly that with no consequences

I can't even think of an analogy. Maybe if the speed limit on interstates was 10 mph and we all carefully drove in the right lane while watching everyone else do 80 just fine and thinking "ok surely they're going to die in a wreck or at least the govt will enforce its laws" but nope they just get to do what they want (and hit and run some people on the way with no consequences)

Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

Thing is, there are consequences

The people who suffer those consequences will be subject to damnatio memoriae. They will have died from whatever natural fate they had coming, just like Heather actually died from being overweight and not from being run over by a neonazi.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

vast majority of americans would take the loss of an older aunt/uncle or a grandparent if it meant they could go back to "normal" now rather than in 18 months

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Moxie posted:

Thanks for all the replies to this, I guess I forgot that evil people apparently control the minds of approximately 50% of all Americans and encourage them to do illogical poo poo.

I mean, they pretty much do, have you never talked to any actual dirt poor R voters? lol

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol at all you morons whining about things opening back up

I'm staying the gently caress at home

corona's not gonna catch me

Things were lit at the BevMo 6-foot standing distance pickup line this Saturday afternoon

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://twitter.com/ratemyskyperoom/status/1256261173722460166

what in the god drat

Apr 7, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

I mean, they pretty much do, have you never talked to any actual dirt poor R voters? lol

There's no mind control there, they're racists, blacks/mexicans/whatever stole their jobs and jews keep their communities down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody in the country, and probably the world, is terrified about getting coronavirus and dying.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
as a goon i have prepared myself for permanent quarantine for most of my life and now that it;s finally time for all that training to come into play our government wants to deny me

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

lol when this mutates into an increasingly more lethal disease each wave in the US and the vaccines (which coincidentally are made exclusively in places outside the US) only works against strains that were far more controlled

Apr 7, 2003

Man Musk posted:

Things were lit at the BevMo 6-foot standing distance pickup line this Saturday afternoon

I posted about this earlier but we went out into the country today for a trail ride away from population centers and drove by this turd bucket in the PA countryside:

There were so many cars there that I thought I was looking at a dealership overflow lot at first, and easily over a hundred people were standing in line. Not many masks, no distancing. The "takeout only" line is horseshit, people were eating at the benches five feet from the window.

This is going to loving demolish rural PA, just like the opioid crisis did, and people are going to pretend it's fine and nothing is wrong, like they did for most of the opioid crisis.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

CoronaVirus unites all devout Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, et cetera et cetera around the world in disregarding science and social distancing measures.

Apr 7, 2003

In Training posted:

Everybody in the country, and probably the world, is terrified about getting coronavirus and dying.

nice try

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you think about it it’s really privileged to stay at home and ruin the economy for people who have to work for a living

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Charlz Guybon posted:

I went to high school with the cousin of the first person to die in st louis from it, she unequivocally called it a black genocide on facebook

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I posted about this earlier but we went out into the country today for a trail ride away from population centers and drove by this turd bucket in the PA countryside:

There were so many cars there that I thought I was looking at a dealership overflow lot at first, and easily over a hundred people were standing in line. Not many masks, no distancing. The "takeout only" line is horseshit, people were eating at the benches five feet from the window.

This is going to loving demolish rural PA, just like the opioid crisis did, and people are going to pretend it's fine and nothing is wrong, like they did for most of the opioid crisis.

Lol. Most of it is theatre (under/over) certainly. It was pretty funny going up to a little pick up window with this vast big box retail style behind it though.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1256744089992773632

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yes I have Bill

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

What gets me every time they give these low IFRs, it means there are 133,650,000 infected people in NYC
Edit: or 25 million infected people under 65 in NYC

BernieLomax has issued a correction as of 05:24 on May 3, 2020

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
hipsters who will only wear locally sourced hand-crafted masks

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Only 37,308 deaths so far

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lol what

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
My vote, and most sincere hope, is 328 million (is it too late to vote?).

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

There is an easter spike, the rolling death total for 4/28-4/30 was 2350 deaths, and 5/1 was the worst day yet with over 2900 deaths

the numbers don't matter and no matter what is reported, daddy will call it a great success.

The numbers matter, but 60k is still only like 1 in 5400 out of a population of 325M. In my hometown of 30k that's maybe six people dying. 600k dead will be a totally different story. Everybody will know somebody who died at that point. Old people will all know several people that have died of it. That kind of casualty figure would be enough to tip the election even if not one person died, just because of how skewed the electorate is by age.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

China cooking the books :argh:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mastershakeman posted:

I'm fine staying home and avoiding friends and family. Those crazy motherfuckers keep trying to catch Coronavirus! Can you imagine? What are those goofs thinking?

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
The left should organize support for a general strike, never been a better chance in this country

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

human garbage bag posted:

has an openly armed protester ever been arrested in american history? i'd like to see how that went down if it happened.

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfYXKBta47s

also being white is a goddamn superpower

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We should have a national conversation about covid19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Without a doubt if I let my mother come visit and she had been exposed to the Coronavirus she would lie to me about it so I wouldn't tell her she couldn't come visit. I honestly believe, based on a lifetime of evidence and especially the last two months, that she would expose me to the virus and then act shocked as all hell when we got sick and then would get mad at me for being mad at her for getting me sick because how was she supposed to know what would happen, she just wanted to come visit.