Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Crossposting from the creepy images thread

Tyrant lizard bird king :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I know this isn’t the unpopular opinions thread but I miss this show, even though it led to a suicide. The best was the guy who wrote himself a deniability note because he clearly understood what he was doing was hosed up.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I might regret this but what's a deniability note?

Anyway the show was funny to watch all the dumbass perverts get caught. (Except the one where he brought his kid. I literally gasped and covered my mouth with that one) It was a cold comfort to realize that so many degenerates are the dumbest possible criminals.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

Anyway the show was funny to watch all the dumbass perverts get caught. (Except the one where he brought his kid. I literally gasped and covered my mouth with that one) It was a cold comfort to realize that so many degenerates are the dumbest possible criminals.

Don't forget the reboot having someone out themselves as a paedo in GBS.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I always associate sexual abuse with Catholic clergy, I was surprised to see a Rabbi that got caught up in that.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Faustian Bargain posted:

I know this isn’t the unpopular opinions thread but I miss this show, even though it led to a suicide. The best was the guy who wrote himself a deniability note because he clearly understood what he was doing was hosed up.

My favorite one was when the cops were collaring a guy on the front lawn and another pedo walks up and is just like "huh how about that. Welp it's time to gently caress a child!" & just saunters right up to the door

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

A note that said "I am not here to have sex with this underage person" etc. The cops explained that it didn't mean poo poo and it was hilarious.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Faustian Bargain posted:

A note that said "I am not here to have sex with this underage person" etc. The cops explained that it didn't mean poo poo and it was hilarious.

"But I had it notarized!"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/its_geckoh/status/1256627793082925056?s=21

501 kg.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Panfilo posted:

I always associate sexual abuse with Catholic clergy, I was surprised to see a Rabbi that got caught up in that.

It's all of them!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Panfilo posted:

May I recommend a quick Google search for "Lev Tahor"?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

He may be a scary man, but who were the people shrieking gibberish?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Samovar posted:

He may be a scary man, but who were the people shrieking gibberish?

Wraiths and bog hags trying to break the concentration of noted red-blooded American boy Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, while in his gym in what I can only assume is rural Nebraska

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
Too many Palatines ruining the gene pool in Nebraska, I'm guessing he's purebred icelander. they're the only ones who have enough jotun blood left in the breedstock

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

is he getting rid of those heinous tattoos? they look faded

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

he was supposed to do it in bahrain and win $100k but that got cancelled because of the pandemic so he did the lift in his home gym. the money isn't too big of a deal because hafthor has that HBO money but fellow strongman Eddie Hall (who has had some beef with Hafthor due to Reasons, and who held the 500kg record until yesterday) says that it isn't an "official record" because it wasn't done in competition.

It sucks and I hope they make amends because one of the things i like about strongman is how supportive the athletes are of each other and i dont like seeing them try to bring each other down

edit:

on topic, here is a doctor explaining why eddie hall's eyes and brain started bleeding when he lifted 500kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_euiu8bfjDg

baw has a new favorite as of 15:04 on May 3, 2020

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Eddie Hall's video where he explains the lead up and aftermath of his 500kg lift is fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnZ4ftlifik

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I love deadlifting, but boy oh boy, there is a real fear of fainting at the end.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MAstronomers/status/1256704674465550336

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjGFu7o0zK0

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Read the comments and have a healthy chuckle at the idiot hulking out about NASA deceiving everyone because this isn't a real video it's a collection of still images.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

cakesmith handyman posted:

Read the comments and have a healthy chuckle at the idiot hulking out about NASA deceiving everyone because this isn't a real video it's a collection of still images.

I now have the desire to make a Kickstarter for a

checks notes

three‐hundred‐thousand‐head, analogue tape machine so that each pixel can be recorded with indefinite temporal resolution.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

cakesmith handyman posted:

What gets me is the multiple people literally citing Kepler's law, calling fake (or implying it) because the outer moon shouldn't be able to overtake the inner moon. How the gently caress can you understand Kepler's Laws but not figure out that the camera is moving?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Someone send up the ulillillia signal so he can explain parallax to them

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

The raven hopping around beside them makes this looks like a buddy comedy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Poldarn posted:

The raven hopping around beside them makes this looks like a buddy comedy.

Or some kind of parable.

"But Mr Wolverine, you said I could trust you!"
"Well, I am a wolverine, you know."

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Proteus Jones posted:

Or some kind of parable.

"But Mr Wolverine, you said I could trust you!"
"Well, I am a wolverine, you know."

I just to think "wolverine" was the word for a female wolf (like "vixen" for a fox).
In my defense, in German a wolverine is called "Vielfraß" (glutton, as in the Latin name for the species, Gulo gulo).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Zopotantor posted:

I just to think "wolverine" was the word for a female wolf (like "vixen" for a fox).
In my defense, in German a wolverine is called "Vielfraß" (glutton, as in the Latin name for the species, Gulo gulo).

I've always liked that "hamster" is the German word for hoarding.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Wait for it

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1256966926045253634/pu/vid/576x1246/U-6-eZpHugnsIGLu.mp4

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Jedit posted:

I've always liked that "hamster" is the German word for hoarding.

Is it also the word for hamster? In Swedish they're the same, hoarding essentially being the verb form of hamster.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Phosphine posted:

Is it also the word for hamster? In Swedish they're the same, hoarding essentially being the verb form of hamster.

Konfirmed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Well, that's just impressive as hell.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zopotantor posted:

You're not the only one to get them confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-3dPya9aiw

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Phosphine posted:

Dutch, too. It's English that's weird.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

This got an audible "What the gently caress?!?" from me. impressive as hell.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Also Finnish, hamstrata, to hoard, literally "do as hamsters do". Although we might have gotten this as a loaner from Swedish.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Phosphine posted:

It is, yes. Hamsterkaufen is a word that has been much in the news lately, it's what they call panic buying.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hebrew too: "hoarder/accumulator" but it was probably adopted from the German.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Might have snuck in through Yiddish

I post, knowing nothing about either Yiddish or Hebrew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Dutch sign language too..