Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

It's all coming together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Awesome! posted:

there is so much to unpack with this one, wow

Yeah, place a can on top of the bartender and he tries to shoot you with a phantom weapon.

Fidelity.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

"AI so good, it's indistinguishable from real people"

Bootcha posted:

I'm gonna chalk the care packages as "Well, glad you did that, at least."

It's also an indication that Sandi wasn't in charge of that, because if she was, it'd be a box from the Dollar Shave Club.

:sandance: :discourse: :sandance:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Mods please just replace every post in this thread with this clip. This is it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, place a can on top of the bartender and he tries to shoot you with a phantom weapon.

Fidelity.

If some freak with 2 meter long arms placed a can on my head I would be defensive too.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know, I know it is the libertarian future and all that but having your hamburger shop clerk pull a gun on the customers may be bad for business. Even if it is an invisible gun.

Like, seriously, their setting makes no sense at all. That guy is in the food court are at the middle of the SC googleplex building with a shotgun at hand.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

In prison gameplay news:

All you have to do is log out before you die to avoid going to jail

The report posted:

Now that 3.9 is stable enough for me to play I decided to try bounty hunting players, at first this seems to be working as it should. Player is killed, player goes to prison...

However its become clear some players have figured out a method to avoid the new Crime and Punishment systems of 3.9, apparently logging out of the game is all you need to do to achieve this and seems to be a massive oversight on CIG's part. Attached are two fun videos showing the exploit in use.

Doing this is simple.
- Eject or get out of your seat before your ship is blown up
- Exit to main menu or Alt+F4
You just avoided prison and will wake up in Grim Hex when you next log in.

If your attacker destroys your ship after you have left due to it being almost dead or missiles where fired, the bounty hunter will incur a crimestat as a result.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:lol:

So you can go to jail for trying to send an actual criminal to jail?

You know I take it back, I think Chris is really playing 3D chess with us. He’s making almost all gameplay punishable with prison time, so that no one can actually play the game and experience how lovely it is.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Persistence is working well :laffo:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

colonelwest posted:

:lol:

So you can go to jail for trying to send an actual criminal to jail?

You know I take it back, I think Chris is really playing 3D chess with us. He’s making almost all gameplay punishable with prison time, so that no one can actually play the game and experience how lovely it is.

It's amazing to me that they didn't think through one single consequence of adding this mechanic to the game. I mean it's CIG so it shouldn't be amazing, but still- they did not investigate a single edge case before they dumped that poo poo and walked away. Do they even have project management? Is it literally just developers kind of noodling around in the code and if something sticks for more than a minute they just call it a feature and ship it?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is your brain on SC:

quote:

If we had a guarantee the game would be finished, nobody would pledge any money. Thats why we back the project. Refunding your pledge is contributing to the game not being finished.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
It's been a while since I've set foot in the SC reddit.

The Pretty Screenshot Brigade is still putting in work.

But I was surprised, there are quite a few posts about bugs. The a bunch of the usual "NPCs standing on seats", but that's so2019... (and 2018, and 2017)

Here were my favorites:

https://i.imgur.com/YufL18s.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/cPumjwv.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/U0c6p9D.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/82HOIh9.mp4

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

It's just the last bit being done for Theaters of War as they shoehorn the mo-cap in.

At least this way Sandi gets to appear in one Theater this year.

"This Year" doesn't conform to your usual timescales, commando. Pledge more

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

It's been a while since I've set foot in the SC reddit.

The Pretty Screenshot Brigade is still putting in work.

But I was surprised, there are quite a few posts about bugs. The a bunch of the usual "NPCs standing on seats", but that's so2019... (and 2018, and 2017)

Here were my favorites:

https://i.imgur.com/cPumjwv.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/U0c6p9D.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/82HOIh9.mp4

:five:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

I'm the hand controlling the broken elbow controlling the drink can in a spaceship game.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
are the water droplets on the visor in the falling one the same "fell below the ground level so the engine thinks you're underwater" ones, or something difference?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

It’s raining men! Hallelujah, it’s raining men! :sandance: :sandance: :sandance:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

are the water droplets on the visor in the falling one the same "fell below the ground level so the engine thinks you're underwater" ones, or something difference?

By this time it could be anything. But the 3 second confirmation between the landing and the server telling you that you're dead is getting worse with time

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

radiant ai looking good

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

:hmmyes:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this one, but it's my favorite. I can't stop laughing at it for some reason.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

How is "may of" what's bugging me most here?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AbstractNapper posted:

I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this one, but it's my favorite. I can't stop laughing at it for some reason.

Heeeereeee's Shippy!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

For ever 10 npc you see here, another commando joins the game.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Also, is being a NPC in Chris Roberts Star Citizen a faith worse than hell?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmGBOuO6wYo

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

I got behind in the thread and had to skip a bunch of posts. Are Sandi and the Crobbler really splitting up?

So that means he’s single...? :pervert:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Agony Aunt posted:

Heeeereeee's Shippy!

I think also the text enhances the hilarity.
Like the "Medical" door opening up to an incomprehensible horror.

Or the "MetroLoop" with NPCs infinitely looping in their glitchy limbo state.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

AbstractNapper posted:

Hey Kool-aid!! *bursts through door* Oh, YEAH!!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Hey Kool-aid!! *bursts through door* Oh, YEAH!!

If CIG tried to put the Kool-Aid man into their "game" he'd be the only thing that couldn't clip through the wall.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

I got behind in the thread and had to skip a bunch of posts. Are Sandi and the Crobbler really splitting up?

So that means he’s single...? :pervert:

Haven't been following this for months. is this real?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

What Skyrim mod is this?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

I think Ben Lesnick has first dibs if Crobear is now single :lesnick::trustme:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Quavers posted:

I think Ben Lesnick has first dibs if Crobear is now single :lesnick::trustme:

:sandance: ..................................................... :lesnick::iiasb:

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 3, 2020

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fargin Icehole posted:

Yes, once their trust fund was put in Sandi's name it was only a question of time.

(It's a rumor, but Roberts has stopped wearing his ring)

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Fargin Icehole posted:

No way, where's the confirmation??

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kosumo posted:

For ever 10 npc you see here, another commando joins the game.

It's the empty metro loop.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
That would mean that, originally, they were trying to hide that they were married. Now, they're hiding that they're separated. Which isn't material in either case, but it's like they have to compulsively mislead people whenever possible.

So I'm going to believe it's true that they're separated because it's the most amusing possibility. Sort of a comedy version of Occam's Razor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

AngusPodgorny posted:

That would mean that, originally, they were trying to hide that they were married. Now, they're hiding that they're separated. Which isn't material in either case, but it's like they have to compulsively mislead people whenever possible.

So I'm going to believe it's true that they're separated because it's the most amusing possibility. Sort of a comedy version of Occam's Razor.

Yes, but with millions of dollars of donor money.