Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Somfin posted:

Literally anyone that was part of the primary, excluding Bloomberg, would have been a better choice than Biden. Literally loving any of them. Biden was the worst non-billionaire choice.

This is what the system demanded. This is how the status quo is maintained. People talk alot of crap about how incompetent the Democratic leadership is but they played this with expert skill to get the goal they wanted: preserve the status quo. Sow permanent division within the "left" and make sure that people who should have been allies all spend the rest of the year (and possibly the rest of their lives) attacking one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1256707039704895488?s=19

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/tamanosou/status/1256332707241455618?s=20

Rape accusations are 'karen'

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

https://twitter.com/SashaPezenik/status/1256779429956780033
They had to be someone making poo poo up around this.

This reflects nothing on tara tho.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Personally I feel that anyone who thinks Biden won't be a better President than Trump are sorely misjudging the situation. Putting aside all the influential positions Trump and thee GOP will get to install, and their utter incompetence at handling any major crisis, there's also that if Trump wins again after all the bullshit then all bets are off. The final check on him and the GOP will be utterly gone, they will realize no one will ever punish them for anything they do, and any restraint will be gone with the wind.

That said, it's also absolutely understandable if someone doesn't want to vote for Biden because they don't want to vote for a rapist, or if they feel they don't want to vote after the rat fuckery the DNC pulled.

At this point it seems the best thing to hope for is that Joe picks a decent VP, wins, and then just bows out 2 years into the presidency because of senility or something. It's utterly insane how bad the dems shat the bed on this one.

I mean, what can you guys do, aside from just voting for the best possible candidates in down ballot, and if you can stomach it, vote against Trump, and then make sure to show up to local elections and primary the gently caress out of the bad politicians?

You can't even protest anymore because of a god drat plague

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Somfin posted:

I honestly can't tell if this is meant to be read in the sarcastic voice, but in case it is:

Not at all sarcastic. We are probably hosed long term now.

Short term, re Biden, what you’ll find is people don’t care. Their give a poo poo, is focused on other things now. This is why it’s not sticking. It might have stuck before South Carolina.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

McCloud posted:

I mean, what can you guys do, aside from just voting for the best possible candidates in down ballot, and if you can stomach it, vote against Trump, and then make sure to show up to local elections and primary the gently caress out of the bad politicians?
The energy you spend trying to convince yourself to vote for Biden is energy you could have spent figuring out how to dismantle the American state, instead. That's the only political goal left worth having.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

The energy you spend trying to convince yourself to vote for Biden is energy you could have spent figuring out how to dismantle the American state, instead. That's the only political goal left worth having.

Alright, I'll bite, how do you suggest going about that?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is from her article on the nazi march in Charlottesville in 2017:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
What's Ventura's track record with women?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

McCloud posted:

Alright, I'll bite, how do you suggest going about that?

Obviously you have to go down to your local polling place and put in your legally-guaranteed vote for the "dismantle the American state please thank you" ballot initiative

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Somfin posted:

Obviously you have to go down to your local polling place and put in your legally-guaranteed vote for the "dismantle the American state please thank you" ballot initiative

They count those as Trump votes

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pomp posted:

They count those as Trump votes

Whatever, as long as I don't need to think about politics (ugh) for another four years

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

McCloud posted:

Personally I feel that anyone who thinks Biden won't be a better President than Trump are sorely misjudging the situation. Putting aside all the influential positions Trump and thee GOP will get to install, and their utter incompetence at handling any major crisis, there's also that if Trump wins again after all the bullshit then all bets are off. The final check on him and the GOP will be utterly gone, they will realize no one will ever punish them for anything they do, and any restraint will be gone with the wind.

That said, it's also absolutely understandable if someone doesn't want to vote for Biden because they don't want to vote for a rapist, or if they feel they don't want to vote after the rat fuckery the DNC pulled.

At this point it seems the best thing to hope for is that Joe picks a decent VP, wins, and then just bows out 2 years into the presidency because of senility or something. It's utterly insane how bad the dems shat the bed on this one.

The DNC has spent the entire primary doing everything in their power to STOP any actually decent people from getting anywhere near the driver's seat.
If they involve decent people in any capacity, it's only going to be in order to rub their nose in the fact that they got screwed over and have to keep eating centrist poo poo or else they don't even get the vague non-committal promise for the occasional table scrap.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

gandlethorpe posted:

Well,

Jesse Ventura: My Wild Life Of Sex, Booze & Drugs

quote:

Jesse Ventura: My Wild Life Of Sex, Booze & Drugs
By The National Enquirer
He tells all in shocking new book

Name a politician who admits he slept with (many) hookers, belonged to gangs, smoked - - and inhaled -- pot, guzzled booze and gobbled steroids.

Hint: He's the governor of Minnesota . . . Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

"I have nothing to hide, I am who I am," he writes in "I Ain't Got Time to Bleed," his shockingly candid new autobiography.

"I got elected governor just by being who I am . . . I have very few regrets."

The Navy SEAL turned- wrestler and movie actor who became famous for wearing tie-dyed tuxes, feather boas, earrings and wild sunglasses began boozing as a kid. He also ran with a gang in Minneapolis called the South Side Boys.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gandlethorpe posted:

Nevermind, this post had some incorrect info I'm going to double check on and fix later with a different followup post.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 3, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McCloud posted:

Biden has said he wants to have nothing "fundamentally change" and has also indicated he is willing to put members of the GOP into his administration. The same GOP you just said are going to gently caress things up. Also a vote for Biden will do the same thing with regards to realizing they can get away with anything they want consequence free that you're worried will happen if Trump wins. The voting populace are hosed because we've (in a royal sense) been far to accepting of a poo poo deal for decades. The Democrats have done everything they can to shut out the left, blame them for Trump winning, and accuse anyone who criticizes them of being Russian agents. Trying to placate them is a Sisyphean feat.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1256711594417012736?s=21

God I wish this weren’t so true.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Yep Bernie was the better choice.

It’s amazing to think how many of the diseased shitlibs on the Dem bench would have been much stronger candidates. I always knew Biden was the weakest, but wow.

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017

I’m sorry, was this quote supposed to be telling us anything aside from the fact that Jesse Ventura patronized sex workers at some point in his life?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Majorian posted:

It’s amazing to think how many of the diseased shitlibs on the Dem bench would have been much stronger candidates. I always knew Biden was the weakest, but wow.

Basically all of them.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/ReadeAlexandra/status/1256737910344179712?s=19

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Basically all of them.

All except Bloomberg, and at this point he’s basically broken even with Biden.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Rockit posted:

https://twitter.com/SashaPezenik/status/1256779429956780033
They had to be someone making poo poo up around this.

This reflects nothing on tara tho.

This was deleted. What did it say?

Edit:
Found it. Apparently she deleted the thread because it buried the lede too deep.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 3, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

McCloud posted:

So what check exactly would Trump's reelection remove?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

So what check exactly would Trump's reelection remove?

I think the poster means the "eventually I will need to be reelected, so I can't just literally scream the n-word again and again at maxine waters or don lemon, no matter how much my orange swiss cheese brain wants me to" constraint. Well, his need for adoration will probably keep him from that one.. probably, but there are like a ton of other things where it might matter that he doesn't have to worry about reelection.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

McCloud posted:

Biden won't bow out after two years. He has been trying to become president for decades to the point of plagiarizing the life of a decent person because his own was lacking.

The problem with a Biden presidency is that it further cements into place the status quo that brought us Trump. Yes Biden will be slightly better as a president but that's not the only thing you have to look at. Right now we are at a crossroads. We can keep doing what we are doing which will lead to pretty bad climate change outcomes or we can get off the offramp and maybe do something to ensure that poor people aren't put into a meat grinder in a decade or two. We don't have that option anymore. The other problem I see also kinda reinforces the first one. Our democracy, economy, and society have some serious structural problems that are causing a lot of unrest. Biden will only further make these even more glaring and obvious to people that are already pushed to their limit. There are a lot of poor people out there that are just barely making it by using a combination of credit, assistance, and blind luck that both Biden and Trump don't even view as people worth their time.

This is why I can't vote for Biden or Trump. Not only are they both sexual assaulters but they both won't do anything to fix any of the problems that make modern life as a poor person incredibly difficult and frustrating. I know there are people that say that Biden will help the immigrants and minorities. That is all well and good. I would be very happy for that to happen but before I can even think about that I need to have my basic needs met and there are a lot of people out there like me that are just waiting for the next minor catastrophe to ensure they have to run faster to stay in the same place.

They chose Biden. Be angry at them, not at the other posters that are doing what they think is right.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Mekchu posted:

Biden has said he wants to have nothing "fundamentally change" and has also indicated he is willing to put members of the GOP into his administration. The same GOP you just said are going to gently caress things up. Also a vote for Biden will do the same thing with regards to realizing they can get away with anything they want consequence free that you're worried will happen if Trump wins. The voting populace are hosed because we've (in a royal sense) been far to accepting of a poo poo deal for decades. The Democrats have done everything they can to shut out the left, blame them for Trump winning, and accuse anyone who criticizes them of being Russian agents. Trying to placate them is a Sisyphean feat.

This. Its time for the left to stop voting for these folks until they start actually compromising.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

After reading more on the nitty gritty of the Clinton and Obama admins, I feel like a huge idiot for not seeing these monsters for who they are sooner

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
I've been arguing this poo poo irl with my family and it keeps coming back to "it's going to be one of them and you're just taking a vote away from Biden" no matter how many times I say that Biden wasn't owed my vote and doesn't get to assume it by virtue of opposing Trump

I do not know how to get through to them that I do not need La Riva to be able to win before I vote for her over Biden

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

ManBoyChef posted:

Biden won't bow out after two years. He has been trying to become president for decades to the point of plagiarizing the life of a decent person because his own was lacking.

The problem with a Biden presidency is that it further cements into place the status quo that brought us Trump. Yes Biden will be slightly better as a president but that's not the only thing you have to look at. Right now we are at a crossroads. We can keep doing what we are doing which will lead to pretty bad climate change outcomes or we can get off the offramp and maybe do something to ensure that poor people aren't put into a meat grinder in a decade or two. We don't have that option anymore. The other problem I see also kinda reinforces the first one. Our democracy, economy, and society have some serious structural problems that are causing a lot of unrest. Biden will only further make these even more glaring and obvious to people that are already pushed to their limit. There are a lot of poor people out there that are just barely making it by using a combination of credit, assistance, and blind luck that both Biden and Trump don't even view as people worth their time.

This is why I can't vote for Biden or Trump. Not only are they both sexual assaulters but they both won't do anything to fix any of the problems that make modern life as a poor person incredibly difficult and frustrating. I know there are people that say that Biden will help the immigrants and minorities. That is all well and good. I would be very happy for that to happen but before I can even think about that I need to have my basic needs met and there are a lot of people out there like me that are just waiting for the next minor catastrophe to ensure they have to run faster to stay in the same place.

They chose Biden. Be angry at them, not at the other posters that are doing what they think is right.

I can't possibly begrudge anyone not voting for Biden, because he's such an atrocious candidate. If anything I'm putting the blame on the DNC and the institutional system that promoted a walking corpse like Biden.

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

I think the Karen comment comes from Tara's decades-long history of lying/scamming people for money and then, when caught, saying outrageous and defamatory things about the people that first tried to help her. It's absolutely nauseating how she treated good people like the horse rescue she 'worked' for and landlords and other people that tried to help her in her life. She's had a hard life but it's clear that doesn't justify this kind of behavior. More to the point, the end of almost every employment she's ever had resulted in her accusing her erstwhile employer of assault, fraud, or harassment.

mr whistler fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 3, 2020

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

mr whistler posted:

I think the Karen comment comes from Tara's decades-long history of lying/scamming people for money and then, when caught, saying outrageous and defamatory things about the people that first tried to help her. It's absolutely nauseating how she treated good people like the horse rescue she 'worked' for and landlords and other people that tried to help her in her life. She's had a hard life but it's clear that doesn't justify this kind of behavior.

what the absolute gently caress are you talking about

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

what the absolute gently caress are you talking about

https://ascammersnightmareisjustice.blogspot.com/2020/04/tara-reade-legacy-of-lies-part-one.html
https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/biden-accuser-tara-reade-allegedly-stole-from-a-non-profit-organization-e276cac68a2b

Even if you don't agree with the authors politically, they're just reviewing publicly available information.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Sorry, I'm not going to read an overlong character assassination article about a bunch of alleged offenses she committed working at a horse rescue 22 years after Joe Biden raped her. I'm disinclined to Believe Horse Ranchers, unfortunately.

Thanks, everyone, for expending more effort vetting rape victims than Joe Biden.

Joe Biden, who is a serial liar and in fact ended an entire presidential campaign because he couldn't stop plagiarizing people.

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

Shere posted:

Sorry, I'm not going to read an overlong character assassination article about a bunch of alleged offenses she committed working at a horse rescue 22 years after Joe Biden raped her. I'm disinclined to Believe Horse Ranchers, unfortunately.

You mean the part where she stole from a charity, lied about it, refused to pay back the money, and then defamed them on twitter with made-up charges of animal neglect after she got caught?

Or are you referring to the dozens of scammy GoFundMes that she set up with made up stories of woe that are clearly benefit her that, when caught, she continued and continues to lie about?

Or maybe the part where she committed bankruptcy fraud, tries to manipulate her landlord by lying to him about said bankruptcy fraud, then posts accusatory messages about the landlord when caught?

mr whistler fucked around with this message at 12:25 on May 3, 2020

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Pretty wild that none of the dozens of actual journalists covering this story found this info and instead the best sources available are an anonymous blogspot account and some dude that got booted from Twitter for being, apparently, Worse Than Nazis.

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

Eminai posted:

Pretty wild that none of the dozens of actual journalists covering this story found this info and instead the best sources available are an anonymous blogspot account and some dude that got booted from Twitter for being, apparently, Worse Than Nazis.

It's all based on publicly available documents/postings. You can read them yourself, the added commentary by the authors doesn't really contribute anything.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

mr whistler posted:

You mean the part where she stole from a charity, lied about it, refused to pay back the money, and then defamed them on twitter with made-up charges of animal neglect after she got caught?

Or are you referring to the dozens of scammy GoFundMes that she set up with made up stories of woe that are clearly benefit her that, when caught, she continued and continues to lie about?

Or maybe the part where she committed bankruptcy fraud, tries to manipulate her landlord by lying to him about said bankruptcy fraud, then posts accusatory messages about the landlord when caught?

Failing to see how any of the GoFundMe stuff put Joe Biden's fingers in her vagina, OP. If your angle is that she's doing this for fame I'd argue she must be able to tell the future because we have multiple corroborating accounts and a 1993 Larry King call that contemporaneously verify she isn't just making something new up.

I really don't care what troubling behavior a rape victim displayed in the intervening years, and the blogspot nonsense opens with her accusing several other people of harassment as if that's pattern of anything other than being repeatedly harassed.

The comments on the blogspot link discussing the temperature around when she was raped, trying to figure out if she was lying about not wearing pantyhose, should tell you the caliber of person buying into defamatory attacks against a rape victim.

If you have a specific point of concern you want to discuss (and a bunch of 'alleged' offenses as told by a horse rancher hardly count, $1400 bill being the only thing with a specific receipt from them) then I'm all ears but her trying to grift out of poverty by using GoFundMe and lying to her landlord are, again, things so far removed from 1993 as to be ad hominem attacks.

e: if you want to relitigate some personal facebook drama between her and a horse rescue charity that occurred two decades after she claims to have been raped by Joe Biden instead of focusing on the existing evidence for that claim, I shouldn't have to tell you why that's ad hominem fallacy.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 3, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

mr whistler posted:

Do you think that,even if these things brought up by only the most online poisoned stupidest people pretending to be blogspot journalists were true does that mean shes lying about being raped? If yes go gently caress yourself.

If no then what do you think is the point and goal of the dumbest internet detectives digging up literally anything close to morally grey (Lying to a landlord isnt exactly the biggest sin to most people) she's done after the rape? Cause it seems to me that they're just doing it to try and have some reason or evidence to retroactively justify their supporting her rapist over believing her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
"Here she states her father was a powerful defense contractor which is not the truth. He was a journalist. He then did public relations management for Honeywell which is a very powerful defense contractor."

I stopped there.