Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I look at my rival automobilers and fukkin' SCOFF at them wearing seatbelts. I hoot and holler and rage as I get a custom brake setup that cuts out like 40% of the time but that's the price of freedom baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

seattle plague rat posted:

detroits own charlie leduff won a pulitzer back in 2000 writing about racial conditions in meat packing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Cy-u0aTXeKvSpMjrAuQ39XxSmT0qI-i/view?usp=drivesdk

rlly one of a kind piece imo & obv conditions have only grown more entrenched

he also did some vids for detroit news meeting some klansmen

& was on the best ep of anthony bourdains show imo

leduff club

charlie was great and i miss him being on the tv

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

you can't just BUY freedom at the freedom store except it's happening more, in lansing and reno and many such places and it's just freedom ringing my good sir

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If anything, six weeks of staying inside have taught us that Americans hate their homes, despise their families, and would rather die than be stuck inside the buildings they spend ~35% of their gross income on, being subject to the whims of the people that #Americastrong commercials tell us they love.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

like tears in rain

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Page 69 :nice:

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Shima Honnou posted:

charlie was great and i miss him being on the tv

otoh he went from section A pg1 of the times to getting piss your pants drunk by all accts but hes an american classic

if anything that probably nly enhances

very on brand to be piss your pants drunk these days

seattle plague rat has issued a correction as of 07:22 on May 3, 2020

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I tried reddit's /r/bodyweightfitness routine today and god it was a disaster. At least I got through all the exercises. The #1 thing I miss during lockdown is going to the gym.

i started with that a few years ago, it kicked my rear end at first but im finally starting to feel like im outgrowing some of the exercises. i recommend it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

in like 6 months i'm going to start a gimmick twitter account for covid body transformations and it's going to be those fitness motivational before/after pictures except the pictures are reversed because gyms are landlocked plague ships

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The projection from this guy is incredible. How would he even know the politics of a person from them wearing a mask and how would he know that they looked down on him for not wearing a mask? I mean, it’s much more likely that they would look down on him for being Bill Mitchell.

I think his deal is just saying the most outrageous thing possible so that he can keep getting some modicum of attention. Like the kid who eats worms because everyone in class watches him doing it, Bill Mitchell went from a nobody to a minor internet celebrity because he said dumb poo poo at just the right time to become a laughingstock and has been chasing relevance ever since.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The projection from this guy is incredible. How would he even know the politics of a person from them wearing a mask and how would he know that they looked down on him for not wearing a mask? I mean, it’s much more likely that they would look down on him for being Bill Mitchell.

I think his deal is just saying the most outrageous thing possible so that he can keep getting some modicum of attention. Like the kid who eats worms because everyone in class watches him doing it, Bill Mitchell went from a nobody to a minor internet celebrity because he said dumb poo poo at just the right time to become a laughingstock and has been chasing relevance ever since.

It's a made up person who's account is run by like 5 r/thedonald trolls using stock photos of a radio host who died in 2012.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
We literally can't do anything to stop the American death cult now. They're this close to armed insurrection of blue state governments, so good luck being able to lock poo poo down again. All we can do now is sit back, watch the death toll skyrocket, pray we or our loved ones don't succumb, and sit back powerless to do anything about it.

You betcha I'm pessimistic as hell. This still has to get way, way, way, way worse before we have any shot at making things better.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I tried reddit's /r/bodyweightfitness routine today and god it was a disaster. At least I got through all the exercises. The #1 thing I miss during lockdown is going to the gym.

between craigslist, an online return liquidation auction, and a vendor that's a customer of mine at work, I was able to piece together a power rack, oly bar, plates, bench, etc. and honestly it's probably the main thing that makes quarantine bearable for me

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

he also cheated at donkey kong

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salt Fish posted:

It's a made up person who's account is run by like 5 r/thedonald trolls using stock photos of a radio host who died in 2012.

Bills very real and you can catch him at Your Voice Radio

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Imagine if I interviewed all 300 million americans in a painstaking search for the single dumbest rear end in a top hat I could find and then became roommates with them so that I could be annoyed around the clock and complain about it to my friends. That is still less dumb than reading one bill mitchell tweet.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paperwind posted:

We literally can't do anything to stop the American death cult now. They're this close to armed insurrection of blue state governments, so good luck being able to lock poo poo down again. All we can do now is sit back, watch the death toll skyrocket, pray we or our loved ones don't succumb, and sit back powerless to do anything about it.

You betcha I'm pessimistic as hell. This still has to get way, way, way, way worse before we have any shot at making things better.

Well good news is only 4 more years till we can vote for our preferred candidate again

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Mr. Sharps posted:

i started with that a few years ago, it kicked my rear end at first but im finally starting to feel like im outgrowing some of the exercises. i recommend it

Yeah, it's real good but the improvisation was a major pain in the rear end. Chair dips, kitchen counter rows, pull-ups on a random wall that doesn't go all the way to the ceiling on my apartment... My hands hurt so bad.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You just read this online and it's fake news sorry.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

these people live such sad lives

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I was upset when they closed the gyms but then I realized I could take pictures of my butt at home.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

nice

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

eighty-four merc posted:

between craigslist, an online return liquidation auction, and a vendor that's a customer of mine at work, I was able to piece together a power rack, oly bar, plates, bench, etc. and honestly it's probably the main thing that makes quarantine bearable for me

This has made me strongly consider getting a townhome style apartment next and getting a rack. I always assumed being in a high rise with a gym on the first floor was the ultimate living setup, but haha it sure sucks in a pandemic when the gym is closed and the hallways are unventilated SARS Jr. traps.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Facsists basically figured out you could spend a minute writing something that the left would obsess about for a collective hour and it was so effective it led to the collapse of american democracy.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Paradoxish posted:

Imagine your entire identity is "I married a soldier"

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Why is PPE in a situation with an actual hazard something people fight so hard, at anyone's job there's generally "use it or face a huge risk" PPE that even the chuds don't resist like work boots or welding helmets or whatever. loving amazing

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Rubies Costumes filed for bankruptcy last week. Gonna have to make your own sexy corona costume.

https://toybook.com/rubies-costume-...wWp9OGHD8ixckuo

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I've heard the Your Voice America jingle a few times in episodes of QAA and it sounds like flavour audio from a 90s parody of a near future jingoist hellscape

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

sex page

nice

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
freestanding rack ftw

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

Facsists basically figured out you could spend a minute writing something that the left would obsess about for a collective hour and it was so effective it led to the collapse of american democracy.

This is gun politics lmao

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What so we don’t like meme twitter accounts now? :rolleyes:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Imagine your entire identity is "I married a soldier"

She didn't marry the ranger, she seems married to someone working at Walmart.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

lol

NIH abruptly cuts coronavirus research funding, alarming scientists

quote:

Researchers expressed alarm this week after the National Institutes of Health abruptly cancelled funding for a long-standing research project by US and Chinese scientists to examine how coronaviruses leap from bats to humans, potentially causing devastating pandemics—such as the one we are currently experiencing by a coronavirus genetically linked to those found in bats.

The funding cut could set back critical research into preventing such disease spread, scientists say. They also expressed dismay that the decision was prompted by unfounded conspiracy theories and what some see as a wider attempt by the Trump administration to deflect criticism of its handling of the pandemic by blaming China for unleashing the disease.

The NIH has not provided a clear explanation for its move to cancel the funds, which occurred April 24 and was first reported by Politico Monday, April 27. However, in emails exchanges published April 30 by Science magazine, it is clear that the NIH was motivated by conspiracy theories that allege—without evidence—that the virus was somehow released by Chinese researchers in Wuhan, the central Chinese city where the pandemic began.

Partial transcript of email exchanges in which NIH cuts off grant funding to EcoHealth Alliance

quote:

EcoHealth Alliance, Inc. is the recipient, as grantee, of an NIH grant entitled “Understanding the Risk of Bat Coronavirus Emergence.” It is our understanding that one of the sub-recipients on this grant is the Wuhan Institute of Virology (“WIV”). It is our understanding that Wuhan Institute of Virology studies the interaction between corona viruses and bats. The scientific community believes that the coronavirus causing COVID-19 jumped from bats to humans likely in Wuhan where the COVID-19 pandemic began. There are now allegations that the current crisis was precipitated by the release from Wuhan Institute of Virology of the coronavirus responsible for COVID-19. Given these concerns, we are pursuing suspension of Wuhan Institute of Virology from participation in federal programs.provided to WIV following receipt of this email during the period of suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

What so we don’t like meme twitter accounts now? :rolleyes:

Huffing lead isn't a meme.