Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
This guy sucks

https://twitter.com/edthesock/status/1256684349627432960?s=21

https://twitter.com/edthesock/status/1255859840074895367?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:kstare:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:53 on Jun 20, 2021

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Strong move by Trudeau. We'll need those guns to stop the yankee plague hordes.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

How dare you make me see this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
not a single brain left unbroken

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

ed the sock is what 50? at least? this makes total sense

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
We are so starving for Canadian cultural icons we let a loving sock become something.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
please don't link socketpuppet accounts!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
if a gun owner kills the sock puppet i will side with guns

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂŤÂ̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓gĂŤÂ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/EdtheSock/status/1256708670139895808?s=19

So basically Ed hasn't had credibility since the last time he had a TV appearance, in like ,1998

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
It's a sock puppet. What credibility?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Remember when Ed the sock took over ytv in an apparent terrorist plot?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Why are people following a sock puppet from the 90s on twitter? Is this one of those hate follow thing like some goons following canadian nazi politicians?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
You millenials will never understand, with your light up roller shoes and YouTubes, but us nineties kids didn't have a lot of options for badass role models/media personalities

Ed the sock was the Bro Jake for a new generation!

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
I’m sorry for sharing the sock’s lovely opinions.

To change the subject completely, has anyone watched Blood Quantum, a First Nations zombie film?

“The dead are coming back to life outside the isolated Mi'gMaq reserve of Red Crow, except for its Indigenous inhabitants who are strangely immune to the zombie plague.”

https://youtu.be/vmqYoAz39EM

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yellow Ant posted:

I don't blame you at all, the sock seems to be rampant. What we need is common sense sock control

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

While talking to my increasingly broke-brain high school buddy, I have learned that Communist Justin Trudeau is attempting to usher in Communism to Canada by both listening to the WHO (lead by communist China) to guide our Covid response and ban assault rifles “a fake news term” to make it so we can’t resist communism.

Conclusions: Derek Sloan is a menace to society and I think this pandemic is shifting the far-right’s hatred from Muslims to the Chinese.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Well, at least the communists moved heaven and earth to make sure their people had PPE.

Jehde posted:

Why are people following a sock puppet from the 90s on twitter? Is this one of those hate follow thing like some goons following canadian nazi politicians?

I caught him in the middle of a few consecutive correct takes, and was misled to believe he was a correct observer and not a misogynist centrist (who claims to be LGBTQ+ friendly but his nose makes a dogwhistling noise when he talks) who types HOT TAKES for clicks. He is indeed bad.

Segue
May 23, 2007

Yellow Ant posted:

To change the subject completely, has anyone watched Blood Quantum, a First Nations zombie film?

I saw it at TIFF last year and it's a lot of fun. It's decently gory and has some interesting subtext and, really, overt text about colonialism that elevates it.

The plot and dialogue aren't going to bring home any awards, but it feels like a fresh coat of paint on the genre and really goes for entertainment with a solid message.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

Well, at least the communists moved heaven and earth to make sure their people had PPE.

I caught him in the middle of a few consecutive correct takes, and was misled to believe he was a correct observer and not a misogynist centrist (who claims to be LGBTQ+ friendly but his nose makes a dogwhistling noise when he talks) who types HOT TAKES for clicks. He is indeed bad.

the problem is, it's a guy with a sock puppet who used to host a late night tv show on canadian television 25+ years ago. i mean, on any given subject maybe he has a good or a bad take, but it's really hard to get past the 90s sock puppet part.

e: the terminally gen-x "i was progressive in the 90s" attitude probably doesn't help much, but imo it's kinda secondary

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 15:59 on May 3, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yellow Ant posted:

“The dead are coming back to life outside the isolated Mi'gMaq reserve of Red Crow, except for its Indigenous inhabitants who are strangely immune to the zombie plague.”

It's really excellent and you should also watch Rhymes For Young Ghouls, Barnaby's first film about residential schools.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

flakeloaf posted:

That's actually pretty fair. I mean whomst among us hasn't been duped by a sock puppet before

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I get all my Canadian hot takes from the purple bubblegum TV robot

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I get all my Canadian hot takes from the show Reboot

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Yellow Ant posted:

I have not seen it and while my distaste for zombie movies puts this low on my watchlist I have friends who might be into this, so thanks!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jehde posted:

That's actually pretty fair. I mean whomst among us hasn't been duped by a sock puppet before

The guy behind Triumph made thirteen Adam Sandler movies. There might be something to this "don't trust adults who talk poo poo with puppets on their hands" thing.

e: puppets who say nice things are usually on the hands of good people, like Rod Coneybeare, Joe Torbay, Shari Lewis, Nina Keogh, etc etc

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

lol wrong thread

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Yellow Ant posted:

The Canadian government's response is "finally a way we can accurately count natives!"

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

I get all my Canadian hot takes from the purple bubblegum TV robot

I hate to break it to you but Snit or Znit was found on Epstein’s flight logs a few years back...

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

I get all my Canadian hot takes from the show Reboot

Gonna bulk up like Enzo to fight the virus

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Tighclops posted:

Gonna bulk up like Enzo to fight the virus

If Guardians don't need assault key-tools to battle Web Spores, sprites don't either :colbert:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I'm watching someone radicalize and turn into a complete right-wing nut job in real time via Facebook and it's a grim spectacle let me tell you.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yellow Ant posted:

Wasn't there a recent book by a Canadian author with a similar premise? I'm not sure if it was zombies specifically but some kind of plague to which only indigenous people were immune, making their blood suddenly highly desirable.

Anyway, the two Key & Peele sketches about the racist zombie apocalypse and colourblind alien invasion are great.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

eXXon posted:

Wasn't there a recent book by a Canadian author with a similar premise? I'm not sure if it was zombies specifically but some kind of plague to which only indigenous people were immune, making their blood suddenly highly desirable.

Anyway, the two Key & Peele sketches about the racist zombie apocalypse and colourblind alien invasion are great.

The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimeline. White people lose the ability to dream and all go insane, so they try to synthesize a "cure" by extracting indigenous people's bone marrow.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Helsing posted:

I'm watching someone radicalize and turn into a complete right-wing nut job in real time via Facebook and it's a grim spectacle let me tell you.

They were always like that, they just found the issue that made them give up all pretense.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Nah, echo chambers legitimately break people's brains and the "you saw that so you must want to see this next" always leads you to extremist bullshit

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Yeah that's probably true, I guess that's just what I've conditioned myself to believing after losing respect/:sever: away from people who got high on farts.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I don't tend to believe people are just inherently right-wing/racist because I don't think people who were former white nationalists who spend their time de-radicalizing youth are being dishonest, nor are they wasting their time.

But I feel for you Helsing, I had a friend who lived in rural PA go what we'd now describe as alt-right and then lost contact with him about 10 years ago. I think he probably killed himself, sadly.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Helsing posted:

I feel for ya. I’m reaching out to my contacts who are more what my bud might see as “normies” rather than myself, a “communist”. I’m telling them that if he posts anything with what could be seen as violent imagery, to always call him out. They’re all onboard, which is great because as has been identified the echo-chamber nature of the Internet makes you think your extreme fringe ideas are popular.

I mean dude believed Bernier would win at least a minority government...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN