Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

This has made me strongly consider getting a townhome style apartment next and getting a rack. I always assumed being in a high rise with a gym on the first floor was the ultimate living setup, but haha it sure sucks in a pandemic when the gym is closed and the hallways are unventilated SARS Jr. traps.

Townhouse is a really pro form of house bc maintenance is minimal, soundproofing is good, and vertical rectangle leads to really good use of space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We should all get to organizing our workplaces, after we stop hiding from the virus of course

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your voice radiooooo your voice raaadeeooo

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mississippi-gov-walks-back-plans-economy_n_5eae0cb4c5b639d6e5776fa5

quote:

Mississippi Gov Walks Back Plans To Reopen Economy As Coronavirus Cases Spike

Gov. Tate Reeves was originally going to allow businesses to open again but paused the plans to reconsider them in light of the increase in cases.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

We should all get to organizing our workplaces, after we stop hiding from the virus of course

My union has weirdly the opposite problem that a lot of the employers are trying to isolate people at work until the pandemic is completely over which is also completely insane

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

is there a huffing thread in tcc now seems like the time to give it a go

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

OPEN IT UP YOU COWARD

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There’s no way this doesn’t heighten the contradictions of capital THIS time! *contradictions easily resolved as reaction sweeps into power in a crisis and liberals abdicate* ahh well, nevertheless

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/emayfarris/status/1256609462955237377

The Saucer Hovers posted:

Paint or farts?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

There’s no way this doesn’t heighten the contradictions of capital THIS time! *contradictions easily resolved as reaction sweeps into power in a crisis and liberals abdicate* ahh well, nevertheless

Has leftism ever actually defeated captalism it seems like the big wins were against feudalism

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Paint or farts?

love liza taught me gas

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:chaostrump:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Charlz Guybon posted:

She didn't marry the ranger, she seems married to someone working at Walmart.

No that still tracks with what I know about army wives iykwim

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The images of people in texas going to the cinema and people in georgia just packing the parks makes me so sad for those idiot simpletons. It's like watching lemmings throw themselves off a cliff :smith:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

The images of people in texas going to the cinema and people in georgia just packing the parks makes me so sad for those idiot simpletons. It's like watching lemmings throw themselves off a cliff :smith:

no one tell him

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

They know exactly what they're doing and will die for their sincerely held and horrible ideals

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

no one tell him

Dude I know Disney actively murdered those lemmings and in a sense these people are being murdered in the same way lol.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

shovelbum posted:

My union has weirdly the opposite problem that a lot of the employers are trying to isolate people at work until the pandemic is completely over which is also completely insane

Sounds reasonable to me?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm still in awe at how America has managed to turn a global pandemic into something all about thrm

It's like the world's most infuriating super power

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

:comeback:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I'm still in awe at how America has managed to turn a global pandemic into something all about thrm

It's like the world's most infuriating super power

The US media has had news saturation in English speaking countries for a very long time. It's always been about them.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Charlz Guybon posted:

She didn't marry the ranger, she seems married to someone working at Walmart.

every walmart worker is a troop now :patriot:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

oh

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

jesus christ

literal children

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

shovelbum posted:

Why is PPE in a situation with an actual hazard something people fight so hard, at anyone's job there's generally "use it or face a huge risk" PPE that even the chuds don't resist like work boots or welding helmets or whatever. loving amazing

it's culture war poo poo now, because the president is a nazi piss pig that made it so

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

My stepdad both believes this conspiracy theory and thinks any attempt to slow the spread of the pandemic is tyranny but also doesn't disagree that gloves and masks & distancing work. He simultaneously believes this is a Chinese bioweapon AND attempts to avoid catching the virus are for liberal crybabies. But like he's really anti-China so idk why he's cooperating with them on this.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trixie Hardcore posted:

22 days from now if we don't have the roni me and him gonna have one hell of a quarantine bean party.

mean bean quarantine

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

lol holy poo poo our economy is going to loving crater to the center of the earth if we're seriously going to do this "reopen... no wait! SHUT IT DOWN!" thing over and over again

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

lol holy poo poo our economy is going to loving crater to the center of the earth if we're seriously going to do this "reopen... no wait! SHUT IT DOWN!" thing over and over again

we will tread a fine line to both financially and medically ruin as many lives as possible

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

Townhouse is a really pro form of house bc maintenance is minimal, soundproofing is good, and vertical rectangle leads to really good use of space

My house is a vertical four floor 24' x 30' pile. I've got 1800 square feet of realtor-happy space in here. Pretty good house.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Paradoxish posted:

tbf this is a gov not reopening & then shutting down, this is a gov not reopening. But yeah there's gonna be a whole lot of reopening and then acting like no one could have predicted this

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

the economy is always about to implode but don't worry because it's actually invulnerable

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

CODChimera posted:

the economy is always about to implode but don't worry because it's actually invulnerable

Schrodinger's economy

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

no go to D&D for that

wait i mean cspam

mother of god

like farts in the wind

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

I was talking to a sd county guy and all the testing capacity/ability they've built up over 40 days is like drive through poo poo rather than proactively going into places and testing all the time so it's just gonna keep happening lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao piss

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Trixie Hardcore posted:

tbf this is a gov not reopening & then shutting down, this is a gov not reopening. But yeah there's gonna be a whole lot of reopening and then acting like no one could have predicted this

I know, but it all creates the same uncertainty problem for businesses which is way worse than just saying "this is the new normal indefinitely so figure out how to operate as best you can"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

shovelbum posted:

Why is PPE in a situation with an actual hazard something people fight so hard, at anyone's job there's generally "use it or face a huge risk" PPE that even the chuds don't resist like work boots or welding helmets or whatever. loving amazing

Folks at their jobs bitch and moan about wearing PPE and will try to get away without wearing it if they can, especially when it comes to respiratory protection. I’ve seen this anywhere from maker spaces to science startups to foundries.

If you can’t see it in the air, and it isn’t immediately hurting your lungs in a way that you take note of, it can’t hurt you! This idea works for acids, or pollution, or smoking, or a virus. I’ve also found that, in my personal experience, men are worse about this and many feel emasculated for some reason by wearing respirators or masks.

Morons understand the immediate consequences of dropping heavy things on their toes and will wear generally wear steel toe boots or other obvious stuff like gloves without too much fuss.