Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AngusPodgorny posted:

That would mean that, originally, they were trying to hide that they were married. Now, they're hiding that they're separated. Which isn't material in either case, but it's like they have to compulsively mislead people whenever possible.

So I'm going to believe it's true that they're separated because it's the most amusing possibility. Sort of a comedy version of Occam's Razor.

Well, if we are allowed to believe whatever we want, I'm going to believe she left CR for Ben Lesnick and now living in a 3 way with Ben and Alexis(?), where she dresses up as Misty from Pokemen for Ben's pleasure and is the meat in a Ben/Alexis sandwich.

PS: Hope nobody was eating as they read that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountDrac
Jan 19, 2006

Kosumo posted:

Yes, but with millions of dollars of donor money.

Occam's donor.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Is it me or is SC getting uglier? Maybe it's just because of most of the new footage is focused on player characters and interiors.

All the interiors also look like places I'd hate to spend any time in. Generic scifi modular hallways. This game is supposed to be the ultimate escapism for middle-aged office drones, but they insist on making everything look and feel like the dullest places possible.

Even Euro Truck Simulator has nice scenery to look at.

TheBombPhilosopher
Jan 6, 2020

lobsterminator posted:

Even Euro Truck Simulator has nice scenery to look at.

Did someone say nice scenery to look at?

Can you feel the escapism calling to you?

TheBombPhilosopher fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 3, 2020

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

TheBombPhilosopher posted:

I hope MSFS2020 adds prison gameplay. If you make an airspace violation FAA revokes your pilot's license and you will need to wait several weeks in real time until you can get a new one. You can speed the process by working in a West Virginia coal mine.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
My, my. Almost four million in April.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Sometimes my bed feels hollow, like death

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheBombPhilosopher posted:

Never been done before! Microsoft are knocking it out the park fidelity wise! More gameplay in a single mountain than in the whole of Skyrim!!!!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beexoffel posted:

My, my. Almost four million in April.

4 million allows CIG to stay above their expenses i think. I seem to recall estimates put them at around 3 million a month worst case expenses .. i could be wrong.

This is good for Star Citizen.

Keep funding backers! Only 15 more years to go!

TheBombPhilosopher
Jan 6, 2020

lobsterminator posted:

I hope MSFS2020 adds prison gameplay. If you make an airspace violation FAA revokes your pilot's license and you will need to wait several weeks in real time until you can get a new one. You can speed the process by working in a West Virginia coal mine.

Instead, what will happen if you violate airspace in MSF2020 will range from the NTSB interrogating you in real life to DEVGRU storming your personal residence and pumping you full of bullets in "self-defense" while you conveniently reach for a throw down gun. Just like everything else, MSF2020 is taking fidelity to places SC can only dream of.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

It's amazing to me that they didn't think through one single consequence of adding this mechanic to the game. I mean it's CIG so it shouldn't be amazing, but still- they did not investigate a single edge case before they dumped that poo poo and walked away. Do they even have project management? Is it literally just developers kind of noodling around in the code and if something sticks for more than a minute they just call it a feature and ship it?

They probably had some project management back in 2013 or so. Now, though, I doubt they have much more than project mismanagement.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This one is just hilarious :lol:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Bofast posted:

This one is just hilarious :lol:

Having the only visible text be "METROLOOP" is what makes it art.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I've been replaying the original Mass Effect with some fan-made graphics mod and the Citadel hub where you run around in small parts of a giant space station are just completely putting anything CIG has done to shame. It feels so much more alive with little details here and there than a thumb bear and his cohorts will ever manage, and this is a game that came out 5 years before the SC Kickstarter even finished.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xakura posted:

Having the only visible text be "METROLOOP" is what makes it art.

It really is.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Thoatse posted:

Sometimes my bed feels hollow, like death

Then you need scritches.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Goodness, Infinity: Battlescape backers are disgruntled:
https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/community-and-i-novae-an-open-letter/19924/14

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Bofast posted:

I've been replaying the original Mass Effect with some fan-made graphics mod and the Citadel hub where you run around in small parts of a giant space station are just completely putting anything CIG has done to shame. It feels so much more alive with little details here and there than a thumb bear and his cohorts will ever manage, and this is a game that came out 5 years before the SC Kickstarter even finished.

What's the ME mod? I fancy replaying the trilogy again at some point soon

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

quote:

EXPECTED RESULT

average Caucasian male character

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Agony Aunt posted:

4 million allows CIG to stay above their expenses i think. I seem to recall estimates put them at around 3 million a month worst case expenses .. i could be wrong.

This is good for Star Citizen.

Keep funding backers! Only 15 more years to go!

Star Citizen Development As A Service.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

It’s raining men! Hallelujah, it’s raining men! :sandance: :sandance: :sandance:

i had exactly this song in my head lol

also russian folklore is IN:

kalinka kalinka kalinka moja!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
TOO MANY ISSUES TO REPORT

quote:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. fall thru r&r stops into wireframe
2. QT into hurston
3. elevators at R&R doubled up no acess
4. trains doubling up no acess arc corp and and hurston
5. loss of purchises paid but not in invatory
6. loss of stuff on log in no more armor or weapons
7. trade kiosks not working Micro tek
8. hurston auto pilot crashing ship
9. spontanious explosion of ship Connie
10. hair style and character changes spontanoiusly
11. log in req new character selection
12. no perwsistance in game play IE missions not able to complete due to issues with elevators
13. after reset did not recieve my full starting funds
14. resets are spontanious it seems
15. ship lockup for no reason
16. ship loadout not saving and losing gattling guns to the void
17. mobiglass does not always work at all

ACTUAL RESULT

well not relly working tho not so bad with 30K I feel like im gettting robbed each log in and lose what left as I go along not alot of fun really putting me off the game I like to feel like im winning so far I feel only like a loser

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Where to begin...

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Fidelity - not even once

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

*gasp* An open letter! I'm sure that will get the devs to change their scurrulous ways!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Dynamic economy is in!

NO MORE WATER BOTTLE AT GRIMHEX

quote:

Also on Port Olisar. No stock! Great, especialy purchased Water and Food vanish from the Inventory. GREAT JOB with new features!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Are those shop-clerks modeled after their employees? Each time I see them somewhere, they look like they had 3-hour conference call with Crobear.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Cripes, Roberts and his team has modeled the pandemic crisis.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dear readers,

Every day commandos in the 'verse are dying from a lack of water. We are reaching out to you to help a dehydrated whale by sending them water.

Also you can now PLEDGE for STAR CITIZEN using my REFFERAL CODE SMAC-M3-UPZDE-DE-H34D

Thank you for listening.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dwesa posted:

Are those shop-clerks modeled after their employees? Each time I see them somewhere, they look like they had 3-hour conference call with Crobear.

I just look at those faces and wonder what the hell happened to all that time and research CIG claim to have put into making realistic looking faces, and instead we see these plastic featureless things instead.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Patch Citizen: I like to feel like im winning so far I feel only like a loser

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bootcha posted:

Patch Citizen: I like to feel like im winning so far I feel only like a loser

Release the vids Bootcha!

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!

quote:

WORKAROUND: give up

That's the spirit!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I like the final response:

quote:

This is not how to report.
Please check Issue Council for each of your issues, some will be already reported, add a contribution to those.
For new issues, or ones without an available report already, please create a New report for EACH INDIVIDUAL ITEM SEPARATELY.

Thanks for the info though.

Yeah, guy wants to play a game, has fifty loving things wrong, so hey, make fifty trouble tickets documenting them each in detail.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Colostomy Bag posted:

I like the final response:

Yeah, guy wants to play a game, has fifty loving things wrong, so hey, make fifty trouble tickets documenting them each in detail.

He clearly lacks the RAW MACHISMO and TESTICULAR FORTITUDE required to be an ALPHA TESTER!! Maybe he should just go to FUD JAIL instead

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Odds that the water sold out and in order to restock the vendors they have to reboot the instance?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

XK posted:

Odds that the water sold out and in order to restock the vendors they have to reboot the instance?

Would make for great media coverage

'Star Citizen Servers Dehydrate to Death'

‘Death loop shows Star Citizen can’t even get water right’

'"I tried to put a bottle in a bin for 3 hours" says Star Citizen'

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 3, 2020

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
It's been a while since I've looked closely at their character models and yeah, what is going on there? If I try to cast my mind back 5+ years I seem to recall them looking at least decent, so I don't know what happened since then.

Every shopkeep image I see in this thread, the character looks horrendous.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dr. Honked posted:

He clearly lacks the RAW MACHISMO and TESTICULAR FORTITUDE required to be an ALPHA TESTER!! Maybe he should just go to FUD JAIL instead

One of the saddest pics I've seen posted here (besides the Humility one) is some backer that took a pic of his notepad in front of his workstation stating he was going to document bugs. And I can't remember the details, but he made it sound so self-deflating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Getting major Second Life vibes here