Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

overmind2000 posted:

Boy band haircut circa 1999

ah so in a couple weeks he can be the dead one, like keith moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

DarkEuphoria posted:

Folks at their jobs bitch and moan about wearing PPE and will try to get away without wearing it if they can, especially when it comes to respiratory protection. Ive seen this anywhere from maker spaces to science startups to foundries.

If you cant see it in the air, and it isnt immediately hurting your lungs in a way that you take note of, it cant hurt you! This idea works for acids, or pollution, or smoking, or a virus. Ive also found that, in my personal experience, men are worse about this and many feel emasculated for some reason by wearing respirators or masks.

Morons understand the immediate consequences of dropping heavy things on their toes and will wear generally wear steel toe boots or other obvious stuff like gloves without too much fuss.

steel toe boots are tough and heavy and manly and coal miners and bikers and big construction truck mans wear them and they allow u to easily crush terrorist lib commie skulls if the antifa supersoldiers ever ambush you, so instead of being a weak lib binch for wearing them, ur actually a real american

gloves are similar, u can plunge ur hands into a fire or a woodchipper if u have gloves on also they make u look like ur a bad rear end viking blacksmith its like ur hulk hogan fuckin bad rear end bro

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
its nice that the american govt fails in layers

for some :|

i have a futon tho

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's like i just saw lungfish's av yesterday

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

When I was like 12 I became aware that like dumping oil and stuff was bad for the creek behind our house. Which I played in. Lots of trash and slicks etc. So one day I saw my dad pouring oil into the dirt and I said "could we do something different with the oil because it's killing stuff in the creek" and no poo poo he looked at me, grabbed another can of oil and poured more.

Conservatives are lunatics.

no real man lets anyone tell them what to do especially not some weak kid u should have known better u knew what u signed up for

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
free telehealth aat UW for those who need it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.uwmedicine.android.wash.virtualclinic

i have an acct seattleplaguerat@gmail.com pass dontpanic69 but its good for all 50 states read the thing sign up take a sreenshot w/a dr u cant do anything anyway if ur lungs are melting except reassure ur family

free naps for those who dont

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Marzzle posted:

how sure are we of this tho

it's all good

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

just what in the gently caress is this

this my friend is what they;ve been clamoring for, yearning for, demanding and protesting for - he finally got his hair cut

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/BigMeanInternet/status/1256636471429279746

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Are people always this naive?

The plan was never to give money to workers by giving it to businesses, they just said that was the plan when they knew all along it would be pocketed by grifters.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

COVID needs to spread like wildfire across the Midwest and South before half this country will take it seriously.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Everyone seems to be falling asleep. Nothing quite like a Clinton fact to get the blood flowing again.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MadJackal posted:

COVID needs to spread like wildfire across the Midwest and South before half this country will take it seriously.

:wtc: Arrest the people abusing the staff, don't spread the loving thing.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

quote:

Russia now has second-highest rate of Covid-19 spread as other countries ease restrictions

Mayor warns 1 in 50 Moscow residents could have Covid-19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRGquF07d1A

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Was there ever a bunch of cases linked to all the Easter churchgoers? I feel like if there was it should be apparent by now as it should have head enough time for the symptoms to show.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

gay picnic defence posted:

Was there ever a bunch of cases linked to all the Easter churchgoers? I feel like if there was it should be apparent by now as it should have head enough time for the symptoms to show.

im sure the news will get right on that :smugdon:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

no church ur a church

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:sad:

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

I am not a lawyer but I read the etsy ToS and there's nothing in there saying you can't sell antibodies

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

When I was like 12 I became aware that like dumping oil and stuff was bad for the creek behind our house. Which I played in. Lots of trash and slicks etc. So one day I saw my dad pouring oil into the dirt and I said "could we do something different with the oil because it's killing stuff in the creek" and no poo poo he looked at me, grabbed another can of oil and poured more.

Conservatives are lunatics.

Inceltown posted:

For something a little different forums user lungfish has just come off a 100,000 hour probe and started posting.

holy poo poo 100,000 hours is almost 8 days

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1256765834913091584

liberate minnesotta lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Solarin posted:

holy poo poo 100,000 hours is almost 8 days

8 days lmao go to bed grandpa u old binch

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

MadJackal posted:

we are taking it very seriously, but we have the worst and dumbest and most insane people in charge so their responses have been to undermine and sabotage the practical measures that the less-stupid less-insane people are trying to implement. don't doubt that they take it seriously though.

texas is really tragic, seems pretty clear things weren't going too bad until Alex Jones started wanting to eat some rear end
e: same for TN

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

MadJackal posted:

These assholes want to try to force everything to go back to normal and get offended when they see the contrary.

Meltdown May will be a trip when cases shoot back up and businesses dont get normal attendance levels because people are scared of catching corona.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Some of those states initially may have been fairly lucky since they didn't have the exposure of New York or California, and of course, they complete squandered it.

It also sounds like a lot of businesses will actively be losing even more money by opening for the 2 weeks.)

All that was accomplished was delaying things another 2 months and probably cutting another 5% off of US GDP. There won't be a recovery in Q3.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 11:35 on May 3, 2020

coke
Jul 12, 2009

seems like at this point they are reopening precisely because it mostly kill minorities and disadvantaged

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Flesh Forge posted:

oh I guess this was a conservative talking point today

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1256641587708342274

Love how the 'problem' is apparently a massive cover up within the government that Republicans run, to which they have absolutely no ability to control or correct, and whose sabotaging ways have never previously occurred at any time in a first world country's government.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Inceltown posted:

Everyone seems to be falling asleep. Nothing quite like a Clinton fact to get the blood flowing again.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Inceltown posted:

Do you have any idea what a normal non-roni Sunday is likely to see through there? Curious to see how it compares.

The counter is new but that was our fav trail before the roni and it was usually deserted. I'd guess no more than 200 bikes per day.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This might be the dumbest idea I have sesn with regards to reopening

https://mobile.twitter.com/billboardbiz/status/1256706072120832000

quote:

Missouri Governor Mike Parson has given the okay for concerts to begin again in the state as early as Monday.

On April 27, Governor Parson released his Show Me Strong recovery plan that details plans for gradually reopening the state's economy starting May 4. The plan allows for retail stores to serve customers in-store at limited capacities and for restaurants to re-establish dine-in services while remaining socially distanced.

A first for the country since governments started instating lockdown orders, Missouri will allow residents to attend live events, including concerts. According to the Show Me Strong guidelines, large events and gatherings are no longer banned, but in order to go to a concert, movie theater or stadium "seating shall be spaced out according to social distancing requirements."

A representative from Missouri's Department of Health and Senior Services clarified for Billboard that concerts do not have to adhere to the same occupancy limitations as retail businesses, but event organizers are expected to keep concertgoers six feet or more apart to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus.

"There are currently no limitations on social gatherings as long as necessary precautions are taken and six feet of distance can be maintained between individuals and/or families," the Show Me Strong recovery plan reads.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. So many states are acting like this is all just...over.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

ah so in a couple weeks he can be the dead one, like keith moon

I intend to die like entwhistle , after decades of satisfying cocaine and alcohol abuse. dying like moon is for suckers

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

J. P. Beagley posted:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. So many states are acting like this is all just...over.

Its all about the businesses, which will poo poo their own guts out when everything reopens, the roni hits harder and then the public gets too scared to come out

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
You could argue it may be for the best, better to rip off the bandaid in one fell swoop and see the results than let it be piece-meal. The US is clearly on the trajectory for a second higher peak in either case.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

J. P. Beagley posted:

may as well open it up, what have you got to lose?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If America supported its citizens like other countries significantly less people would be going apeshit. $1,200 once is insane.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Some sort of Indian political drama related to BCG that I don't fully understand

https://twitter.com/dasgobardhan/status/1256825838353420289?s=19
https://twitter.com/dasgobardhan/status/1256830522283745280?s=19

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I even have to ask this, but do you think they will (try to) cover up any surges in cases? And is there even a chance of going back to lockdown?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Hopper posted:

I can't believe I even have to ask this, but do you think they will (try to) cover up any surges in cases? And is there even a chance of going back to lockdown?

They will definitely downplay the surges but yeah another lockdown is going to happen because poo poos going to hit like a brick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/MarkMyWordsNews/status/1256493076123705344