Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

I can't quite get under a minute on the time trial with Dark/Dark Duran, Light/Dark Angela and Light/Dark Kevin even with all of them at 99. Best time so far is 1:16:29.
It's mostly the first phase again, losing time thanks to the boss teleporting and getting hit by the crystal spells (which debuff) and being hitstunned by her melee 'explosion' attack. Both Duran and Angela handle the first phase about the same.
The second phase Duran does a little bit better simply because I have more Chain Skills to buff him up to absurd levels with than I do Angela. His CS skills are mostly a wash though, Gust Slash is too weak and Quakebringer/Hellion Slash only hit the boss's body, so it's simply faster for him to normally attack. Angela's kind of gimped too, not only because of lack of chain skills and reliable debuffing, she didn't get her class 4 staff despite me having 30 rainbow seeds at the end of the stockade. Duran/Angela's story kind of suck for doom sword spawns to farm those.
It takes Duran a few 4x combos to take down the second phase while my Angela did it in about a dozen Lucent Beam+'s.
What skills do you have on Angela? The 0MP skill from black rabbit usually mean you can get the light 'at full MP' bonus to damage, Angela's Light style should have her critting all the time, and with weakness skills + judge + crit damage (language from crit damage is weird but it should increase the damage of your own crits) you can scale light side Angela fairly high too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Arkeus posted:

What skills do you have on Angela? The 0MP skill from black rabbit usually mean you can get the light 'at full MP' bonus to damage, Angela's Light style should have her critting all the time, and with weakness skills + judge + crit damage (language from crit damage is weird but it should increase the damage of your own crits) you can scale light side Angela fairly high too.

Yeah, I'm curious myself- can Angela on that team be gotten to the point where she can one-shot the elemental crystals? My Angela was only like 76 or so (She did have her 4th weapon) but with all the buffs Dark/Dark Angela can slather on herself he was hitting the Elemental Crystals for around 5k with T2 Weaknesses, and Anise herself was taking 1300-1500 per hit from Dark Force, which hits 3 times. Phase 2 sounds fine-ish (Ancient Curse was killing phase 2 in about six or seven casts but it's also slower to cast then Lucent Beam+) but between the crystals and Anise herself being basically the worst possible target for Lucent+ spam (one target, mobile, no elemental weakness) Phase 1 sounds like it needs a tune-up. I dunno how much damage Lucent+ does compared to the other T2 Elemental spells to know if one that hits easier like Explode or Earthquake might not be better for that part in particular.

Could also just be time to try to fish for a lucky single-target Class Skill, since those lock the opponent into place, but I think D/D Duran and L/D Kevin... don't have a ton of those.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Realized I could tweak some things, but that just got my time down to 1:10:29 after a couple more attempts (with Duran, of all things :v:)

Skills I had on Angela for her attempts were:
Obsidian Power
Judge
Judge II
Limit Break III
True Protection
Magic Smash
Pinpoint III
Cast Resist III (swapped with Enigma to try it out, vis a vis the debuff situation. Enigma worked slightly better.)

Angela had 480 MAtk. Also had Duran's Weak Point All II on for an extra 12%.

The lack of debuff resist hurts. Had to keep re-applying Sahagin scales (for my Duran attempts it was Parpato claws and Drake scales) and even with Kevin doing that it cost me time.
Crystals were a one-shot on their weakness (2.9k per hit) but Anise herself just isn't a good target for t2 elemental spells. I had the best luck with Explosion.
Lucent Beam+ was doing about 780 a hit on the second phase (at about 6-ish hits per part, but multiple hits on the body weren't reliable even on the section where they're all grouped up.) I'd say it was doing around 8k total a shot compared to what Duran was doing.

Duran's 4 hit combo power attack was doing 9k-ish by itself.
For his attempts he was set up with:
Attacker II
Instinct Bond
Judge
Sturdy III
Wound II
Concentrate II
Broken Lines III
Weak Point III

With his ATK at 541. Also he may have benefited from Kevin's Attack Saber II skill from tossing Holy Saber claws at him, I'm not sure about that (the damage increase seemed close enough compared to Angela tossing them a couple times.)

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 3, 2020

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Just got my second class changes, grabbed the six free seeds from the Benevodon dungeons then planted all of them at once. Got 6 unique items with no dupes. I liked the Grapplervine fight, was struggling at first but once I realised you can destroy the seed bombs (By aiming a double slash so badly it hit in the opposite direction that I intended, but whatever) with a combo it became a lot easier. Could have done with the AI knowing how to dodge its big bite attack in the last phase mind you.

So now I've got Magus Angela, Edelfrei Duran and Starlancer Reisz to play with, just got to decide which order to do the Benevodons now. I like that I actually get to have the 3rd class a lot longer now, its a lot better than only having them for Zable and the last dungeon.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Beat the main game today. Took down all 8 Benevodons and the Archdemon in a single day. Planning to beat the poo poo out of Anise tomorrow.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Picked this up on a whim, haven't touched SD3 in decades. Kevin/Angela/Riesz, I think

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

Realized I could tweak some things, but that just got my time down to 1:10:29 after a couple more attempts (with Duran, of all things :v:)

Skills I had on Angela for her attempts were:
Obsidian Power
Judge
Judge II
Limit Break III
True Protection
Magic Smash
Pinpoint III
Cast Resist III (swapped with Enigma to try it out, vis a vis the debuff situation. Enigma worked slightly better.)

Angela had 480 MAtk. Also had Duran's Weak Point All II on for an extra 12%.

The lack of debuff resist hurts. Had to keep re-applying Sahagin scales (for my Duran attempts it was Parpato claws and Drake scales) and even with Kevin doing that it cost me time.
Crystals were a one-shot on their weakness (2.9k per hit) but Anise herself just isn't a good target for t2 elemental spells. I had the best luck with Explosion.
Lucent Beam+ was doing about 780 a hit on the second phase (at about 6-ish hits per part, but multiple hits on the body weren't reliable even on the section where they're all grouped up.) I'd say it was doing around 8k total a shot compared to what Duran was doing.
Yeah, my personal feeling there is you'd want Critical Damage II rather than magic smash, and put magic smash on Kevin. Then Elemental Combo II instead of Cast Resist III, though if the debuff hurts you so hard maybe Enigma is fine there, but ideally you aren't getting hit at all? I can't recall if Mana rings actually protect from status down.

Anyway, it's really surprising to me that it's the second phase that's bothering you, because first phase is the one that's really annoying to me, with second phase being done in 10~ seconds or so.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So I've played so defensively all game I have no idea how to beat Anise quickly. I have a L/D Duran, D/L Hawkeye and L/D Riesz. Any suggestions on what skills to use and how to really beat the fight quickly? Duran's big CS attacks gently caress but then he has to spend time mashing out crystals to get back to the point he can use another. I feel like I just don't understand the offensive part of this game very well. I can stay alive all day though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

jokes posted:

Recommend giving Angela a go. There’s a reason that Angela’s class 4 battle is against herself. No one else can stand toe to toe.

She was my murder-engine in playthrough 1. :v:

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Levantine posted:

So I've played so defensively all game I have no idea how to beat Anise quickly. I have a L/D Duran, D/L Hawkeye and L/D Riesz. Any suggestions on what skills to use and how to really beat the fight quickly? Duran's big CS attacks gently caress but then he has to spend time mashing out crystals to get back to the point he can use another. I feel like I just don't understand the offensive part of this game very well. I can stay alive all day though.

Control Duran, use L/D buffs/Debuffs of the other characters. For the second phase use a light claw.

Skill wise you want 'weakness' from Hawk on Duran, but I'm not exactly sure what skill exactly Duran has to skill damage himself. My instinct is to have a pot that increases CS gain and skills that increase CS so that you can do your big CS attack multiple times.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Arkeus posted:

Control Duran, use L/D buffs/Debuffs of the other characters. For the second phase use a light claw.

Skill wise you want 'weakness' from Hawk on Duran, but I'm not exactly sure what skill exactly Duran has to skill damage himself. My instinct is to have a pot that increases CS gain and skills that increase CS so that you can do your big CS attack multiple times.

Thanks, that's what I was trying but it wasn't enough, or I'm just too low level (78ish). I may just wait to do that on my second playthrough (Kevin/Angela/Charlotte). Any suggestions on good party builds for that comp?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Never thought the first actual difficult boss in the game would be the deadly ninjas Bill and Ben.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
So black rabite is kind of annoying with a mostly magic based team. And then someone in my team put up light saber :psyduck:

But generally Angela/necro Charlotte/"healer" Kevin is pretty great.

I never paid attention but I guess some mobs / bosses have some sort of reflect? I one-shot myself twice on Angela so far and that's the only thing that would explain it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Levantine posted:

Thanks, that's what I was trying but it wasn't enough, or I'm just too low level (78ish). I may just wait to do that on my second playthrough (Kevin/Angela/Charlotte). Any suggestions on good party builds for that comp?

High priestess Charlotte gets some stupid strong holy saber things for Kevin and has an absurdly powerful CS that will lock Anise in place while she beats the poo poo out of her with a fan, while also having the heal that invalidates basically all survivability concerns since it an overheal into a barrier.

Angela can also solo Anise in under 2m on Hard.

The second playthrough you get a 300% XP boost which means you're lvl 99 way, way before you get to Anise and the time trials become very easy for any comp as a consequence.

I can't imagine a bad party comp to be quite honest.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

orcane posted:

So black rabite is kind of annoying with a mostly magic based team. And then someone in my team put up light saber :psyduck:

But generally Angela/necro Charlotte/"healer" Kevin is pretty great.

I never paid attention but I guess some mobs / bosses have some sort of reflect? I one-shot myself twice on Angela so far and that's the only thing that would explain it.

think it casts light saber on you itself. benevodons in the original game could do that, though i never saw any of them last long enough to do it in the remake, if they still do it at all

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

lets hang out posted:

think it casts light saber on you itself. benevodons in the original game could do that, though i never saw any of them last long enough to do it in the remake, if they still do it at all

Lightgazer can still do it, yeah.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

jokes posted:

I can't imagine a bad party comp to be quite honest.

I finally got into the post game with my favorite team from the original game, Nomad, Vanadys and Necromancer. The last boss went down fast, but overall it’s not very good.

Nomad and Vanadys both have strong points, and some synergy, but are also pretty awkward. Vanadys has the amazing Oracle chain ability, that applies all stat ups + an hp boost to the whole team the first time a user uses a class strike, then applies them only to the user on every subsequent use. Riesz has strong class strikes all around and is good at building the CS gauge quickly, but extra potent and/or random buff mean she actually really prefers to put Oracle on someone else, the AI is terrible at managing the CS gauge and she doesn’t really have the ability to do amazing damage herself even with CS spam. She probably has a lot of potential with Kevin’s Light/Light and a strong melee support class like Edelfrei or Sage, though.

Nomad is really a mixed bag. His defensive spells, already quite situational in the original game, are now almost completely useless. Lunatique is still good, presumably, though you can’t see the effect. Nature aura is very strong on Vanadys, but Vanadys can’t use it to great effect by herself. Poison Bubble is quite strong. The mechanics of some fights seem to really reward casting and Poison Bubble is cheap, has good AoE and deals decent damage. Critical Damage, Pinpoint 2 and Moon Energy also provide solid support to both spells and melee (which, contrary to the original, is pretty decent). He has a moderately good basis for both melee and spell damage, but can only get halfway there with either on his own. His selling point is support, but that’s largely nonfunctional.

The class I really regret bringing, though, now that I know what all the skill trees look like, is Necromancer. The healing is very nice, but her summons are awkward to manage in combat and decent, but not great. Poison Bubble does more damage (because of crits) is cheaper and has better AoE). She has pretty decent strength, but nothing else really to support good melee damage. And black curse is nowhere near as good as it is in the original because stat downs are much easier to come by. Edelfrei would dramatically improve my melee damage and would make casting smoother too, while Warrior Monk would keep the healing while also providing better support for both casting and melee.

Maybe if I had gone with Edelfrei it would be a good team, but as it is, nobody does amazing damage by themselves and nobody supports anyone else’s damage to a really appreciable extent.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Any advice for how to spend my stat points on Angela? I'm level 20 now and just changed to her first light class and I have no idea what's actually worth targeting right now.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Harrow posted:

Any advice for how to spend my stat points on Angela? I'm level 20 now and just changed to her first light class and I have no idea what's actually worth targeting right now.

I'd probably max Int, Spirit, Str in that order- Int gets you Elemental Combo as well as the enhanced Evil Gate and Glacial Spike, then Spirit nets you Lucent Beam and MP Saver, then Strength has Reclaim II and Explosion, which along with Thunderstorm is probably the most 'generically useful' unenhanced level 2 Spell barring the one you don't get.

Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I’m almost done with my first run, going to use unused party from last time of Kevin, Duran and Chawette. What class compositions should I be using for those three?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Vogon Poetry Slam posted:

I’m almost done with my first run, going to use unused party from last time of Kevin, Duran and Chawette. What class compositions should I be using for those three?

Probably D/D Kevin, D/L Duran, and D/L Charlotte. Kevin should melt anything with Duran's saber buffs and Charlotte's Dark Curse.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

lets hang out posted:

I had a couple of them and also Crimson Wizard do it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Finished my first NG+ run. That was a hilarious romp watching Hawkeye just throw dirt at everything that looked at him funny. :allears:

Just need to do a Kevin/Charlotte-branch run and I'll have 100% achievements for this. :)

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
I noticed star lancer Riesz and liege Duran have the same passive party +7% str/def skills. Is it known if these stack on top of each other or are they a waste to have equipped on both characters?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
It seems like I'm fighting the camera more than enemies on hard in this game. Even making use of lock on to correct it feels bad. Zoomed out I'm feeling like 90% of it takes place at the bottom of the screen off camera.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Levantine posted:

I did beat Anise in 2 minutes with a team that looked like this, except with Charlotte instead of Duran. I basically used Mental boost at the start of the fight, used Black Curse on the enemy (though ultimate Charlotte had her locked ability, getting in that clutch Def debuff probably also helped a bit with damage from the physically fighting Riesz), and just spammed Earth Diversion+ when I got to the second phase (and, well, also used it for damage in the first phase from the very beginning to increase it's power to max through Ninja Chain II) and got under 2 minutes for the first time I had to get under that limit.

I could probably have done it in less minutes (I was pretty close) had I equipped abilities like Blacksmith and Magic Switch on Ninja Master!Hawkeye and snagged the ultimate T4 Dark weapon for everyone to boost the base damage even further, but eh; I got the ability and that's all that matters.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Still don't have Angela's dark class 4 coat after like 50 rainbow seeds :(

What is a good skill to mitigate the HP loss from wound magic, or should I just munch more chocolate? For boss fights, that is - for trash I have the ability that restores 100% H0 at the start of encounters.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Arkeus posted:

I'd probably control Hawkeye instead in this scenario- L/D/L Duran lacks a lot of ways to pump up his personal damage, so using Hawk's various elemental exploits is probably the fastest way to stack damage. Weak Point II/III, throw Light Saber on him via claw and land your stat ups/downs and keep going. Equip Ninja CS Boost/II if you've got 'em, and alternate between spamming Dirt Diversion for 12% CS gain per cast while staying safe from her spamcasts, and laying into Anise with melee attacks and try to land your lv 2 or 4 CS as often as possible (I'm not sure which will deal more damage overall with the layered buffs but I suspect you'll probably get more out of the level 2. Experiment, I guess.)

orcane posted:

What is a good skill to mitigate the HP loss from wound magic, or should I just munch more chocolate? For boss fights, that is - for trash I have the ability that restores 100% H0 at the start of encounters.

I had L/D Duran in the run where I had D/D/D Angela and he did a great job of mitigating the damage spam, even unattended MOST of the time. If you don't have someone with MT Cure Light, Dark Angela all-in teams would probably really, really appreciate carrying as many Poto Oils as you can and otherwise just keeping a stock of cure items on hand.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 3, 2020

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Arkeus posted:

Yeah, my personal feeling there is you'd want Critical Damage II rather than magic smash, and put magic smash on Kevin. Then Elemental Combo II instead of Cast Resist III, though if the debuff hurts you so hard maybe Enigma is fine there, but ideally you aren't getting hit at all? I can't recall if Mana rings actually protect from status down.

Anyway, it's really surprising to me that it's the second phase that's bothering you, because first phase is the one that's really annoying to me, with second phase being done in 10~ seconds or so.
Mana accessories protect from status effects (I use them to not get petrified by her Stone Cloud.) They do not protect against stat debuffs. Without Enigma I was definitely getting attacked and hit with debuffs from her normal attacks.

The problem with putting debuff skills especially one as low as Magic Smash on the AI is that the AI is slow. Player controlled characters easily attack 3x-4x as much as the AI. Also my L/D Kevin's only way to boost his crit chance is Pinpoint (10%) and Wolffiend Oils.
I could have put it on Duran instead though and see how that worked. Doubling up on Concentrate for 70% crit chance.

I don't know why Lucent Beam+ was doing so little damage to her second form, even when I cast it on the stacked up body parts. The first form was still the sticker but even just spamming Lucent Beam+ as fast as I could on the stacked body parts took me a good 15-20 seconds to beam her down.

yook posted:

I noticed star lancer Riesz and liege Duran have the same passive party +7% str/def skills. Is it known if these stack on top of each other or are they a waste to have equipped on both characters?
Everything in the game should stack. The problem is that 7%'s pretty low and so it's going to be hard to see if it actually stacks compared to sticking another higher damage skill in it's place.

orcane posted:

If you have the Recover Break skill that 100% heal at the start should overheal you 30% and give you a bit of leeway. Nothing beats MT Cure Light spam backed up by heal boosts, but if items are what you have then items are what you gotta use.

Vogon Poetry Slam posted:

Dark Kevin, Light Duran and Dark Charlotte. Kinda the same recommendation as gandelthorpe but Kevin gets a lot more mileage out of Holy Saber than the other sabers on his route. I need to see if Duran's light side has a better Attack Saber skill, Dark only has I which is a little anemic compared to II.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I finally got everyone into a class and I even got a spare of every item (I did not get Angela's first class item until Benevodon SIX).

I'm in Dark Castle, is this the last area? And can I fly out and land back in here with Flammie or will I have to go through the cave again? I have so many item seeds and would also like to look for more cactuses. I've had great luck on item seeds so far, I've gotten what I think are Riesz, Angela, and Duran's ultimate weapons (like 40 higher than anything I can buy) and I think their best helmets as well.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

You'll have to go back through the cave to get there. Yes it's the last area but you fight the final boss elsewhere so don't worry about missing out on things.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Holy moly, second playthrough is ridiculous. I had Tier 3 classes by Laurent (the first time), I'm level 60 before opening the Sanctuary the first time (thanks to 300% exp) and playing as Angela makes everything a breeze. Spamming Lucent Beam + might be the craziest thing I've ever seen. My main is Kevin but I've hardly touched him since reclassing to Tier 3.

I might grind a bit with this group at the end to get some rainbow seeds but I'm pretty sure my final group for playthrough 3 will be Hawkeye/Riesz (not sure yet), Angel (for certain) and probably Kevin (unless I can find a way to make Duran poo poo out more damage).

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I finally got everyone into a class and I even got a spare of every item (I did not get Angela's first class item until Benevodon SIX).

I'm in Dark Castle, is this the last area? And can I fly out and land back in here with Flammie or will I have to go through the cave again? I have so many item seeds and would also like to look for more cactuses. I've had great luck on item seeds so far, I've gotten what I think are Riesz, Angela, and Duran's ultimate weapons (like 40 higher than anything I can buy) and I think their best helmets as well.

All of the "final" dungeons are not reachable by sky, if you leave you'll have to go through Night Cavern again.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There’s a room in Anise’s Stockade that is based on the town part of Altena which I’ve found to be an excellent place to gain levels and get seeds. There are five battles and if you run around in a circle, fighting each one as you go, they will respawn giving you basically an endless string of battles, plus you can get back to the mid-point teleporter super quickly, without needing to go back through the castle basement.

Would recommend!!!

Edit: drat item seeds refuse to give me Duran or Angela’s best weapons.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 4, 2020

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Anise's dungeon really needs some worthwhile loot or minibosses to break it up, it's just an endless ocean of trash mobs and nothing but healing items and item seeds as treasure. I ended up running past the entire second half instead of exploring.

And then as if to be as anticlimactic as possible, Angela with Lucent Beam+ killed the final boss's second phase in like 10 seconds :kiddo:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
You can call Flammie from any open area in Sirloin Stockade

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EponymousMrYar posted:

You'll have to go back through the cave to get there. Yes it's the last area but you fight the final boss elsewhere so don't worry about missing out on things.

Ah so you're saying I beat this dungeon and then can fly over to the final boss fight or wherever so I have plenty of opportunity to do whatever until then?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Calaveron posted:

You can call Flammie from any open area in Sirloin Stockade

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Levantine posted:

Holy moly, second playthrough is ridiculous. I had Tier 3 classes by Laurent (the first time), I'm level 60 before opening the Sanctuary the first time (thanks to 300% exp) and playing as Angela makes everything a breeze. Spamming Lucent Beam + might be the craziest thing I've ever seen. My main is Kevin but I've hardly touched him since reclassing to Tier 3.

I might grind a bit with this group at the end to get some rainbow seeds but I'm pretty sure my final group for playthrough 3 will be Hawkeye/Riesz (not sure yet), Angel (for certain) and probably Kevin (unless I can find a way to make Duran poo poo out more damage).

I've decided to not do NG++ for third playthrough because beginning at lvl99 is just boring.

Even my NG+ was basically "use second CS at the beginning of the fight, go to boss, oneshot it" and I made sure I had no characters in common with my first game. AoE class strikes + Cactus + Chaos meaning you always have +300%CS at the beginning of every fight is just mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

does the flourish ability make your crits do 30% more damage, or uh maybe buff you when an enemy crits you? the description is unclear