Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
One of the few certainties in all of this is that Trump will restart his rallies before it's safe to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

One of the few certainties in all of this is that Trump will restart his rallies before it's safe to

What’ll be interesting is that he’ll only be allowed to do so in red states that won’t serve him any good to campaign in. And Florida I guess.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Dark Project posted:

I'm just going to come out and say it - I think a big part of the US national character is the desire to stick your finger in someone else's eye and be a real rear end in a top hat.
america has a toxic warrior complex that says you're either a wolf, a sheep, or a sheep dog that protects the sheep from wolves. and, because it's the toxic version, it's ok for the sheep dog to attack the sheep because they're below them. if you're not a winner you're a loser.
they're all out there looking for a fight they KNOW they'll win but at the first sign of trouble they call the cops and hide behind them
basically more people need a punch up the brackets but society is designed to protect those who need a punch the most and they know it

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm 100% convinced now that Jared's "National Stockpile" is going towards getting Trump's rallies going again by handing out ppe there

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I hope that's true because it will accelerate the deaths.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Yeah I'm not seeing a problem with Trump rallies anymore

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

i am harry posted:

I hope that's true because it will accelerate the deaths.

Yeah masks help, but a basic mask is gently caress all use if you're spending hours standing shoulder to shoulder in a huge crowd.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
If it were restricted to the people who go only, then fine, they know what they're doing.

It's everyone else they come in contact with I am worried about.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm 100% convinced now that Jared's "National Stockpile" is going towards getting Trump's rallies going again by handing out ppe there

I'd expect PPE to be banned at those rallies due to optics.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ika posted:

I'd expect PPE to be banned at those rallies due to optics.

There will be people intentionally coughing on each other and poo poo for the cameras.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There will be people intentionally coughing on each other and poo poo for the cameras.

Boomers giving each other butterfly kisses, bug-chasing to own the libs

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

A big flaming stink posted:

bad news

https://twitter.com/thestalwart/status/1256648867925446657

the countries appetite for axe-throwing and drinking has not restored itself

anyone who thought things were going to go back to normal just by a mayor/governor/president going "welp, shutdown's over. america is OPEN FOR BUSINESS again! :911: " is high on lysol. yeah there's still a good number of people not taking this poo poo seriously, but there are waaay more people who are, and those people are going to be very careful to go out only to places they absolutely need to.

Scott Forstall posted:

Also apparently that guy in Maine who gave our the governor’s phone number and vowed to reopen Friday got his health and liquor licenses revoked by 4pm the same day lol

that rules. dude said he allegedly had like 600 employees too :lol:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

looks like things are going great:

https://twitter.com/KBAndersen/status/1256777720865882113

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Deptfordx posted:

Yeah masks help, but a basic mask is gently caress all use if you're spending hours standing shoulder to shoulder in a huge crowd.

It’ll also help because people will think they’re safer than they are.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

this is what i'm talking about :

https://twitter.com/race_jones/status/1255551375653638144

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mat Cauthon posted:

It was in the high 70's here in Ohio yesterday and when I took the dog out for his ~10 minute evening walk I saw no less than a dozen different house parties and barbeques. Including my next door neighbor having people over to drink and play cornhole. At least most people wear masks at the stores here, from what I've seen on the handful of store runs I've had to do since the quarantine started.

People are not going to take this seriously unless they know someone personally who dies from it. With summer coming on, people will just flout the rules. Hopefully states are gearing up for the second wave that will hit in the fall, because it is inevitable, especially if colleges tell all their students to come back to campus.

Edit: Even in the epicenter of infection in the US people won't do the right thing.

https://twitter.com/abgutman/status/1256931279968313344?s=19

I doubt there will be a second wave by Fall because this one hasn't stopped yet. We're going to see a massive spike in cases in two weeks due to all these assholes, and because states are going to be reluctant to lock down again anytime soon, this is just going to continue to increase for the next 4, 5, 6 weeks until hopefully someone decides to relent.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I am sure you have seen this popping up by you know, murder hornets made their way to America.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Mr Interweb posted:

anyone who thought things were going to go back to normal just by a mayor/governor/president going "welp, shutdown's over. america is OPEN FOR BUSINESS again! :911: " is high on lysol. yeah there's still a good number of people not taking this poo poo seriously, but there are waaay more people who are, and those people are going to be very careful to go out only to places they absolutely need to.

I go to the grocery store once every 3-4 weeks, unless we need something that can't be wait (diapers or medicine). We're going to order delivery for my wife for Mother's Day next week. That's as much exposure as we're willing to risk. Even if things went back to normal tomorrow I wouldn't go to a restaurant or a coffee shop or any physical retailer unless it was absolutely necessary, and even then only with a mask, gloves, sanitizer, etc.

I feel bad for small business owners who are going to get cratered but I'm not risking my health or my family's health and a fair number of people will probably feel and act the same way, despite the dumbs out on the street.

The simultaneous head turn to look up is just perfect.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BiggerBoat posted:

Imagine this picture (and other like it) and what the reaction to it might be if it were a group of young black males openly carrying around assault rifles demanding things.

I've had people respond really negatively to me pointing out these protests are white privilege on display. Funny every time i point out the crowds are all pure white throwing Trump rallies and comparing not being able to get a haircut to the gassing of millions of Jews in camps no one seems to hit back

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

BiggerBoat posted:

Imagine this picture (and other like it) and what the reaction to it might be if it were a group of young black males openly carrying around assault rifles demanding things.

None of this is treading new ground for most folks ITT, but I'm only linking the first post because this sort of misery ought to be opt-in. tl;dr lot of history means there is little imagination involved.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1256783957900869633

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What’ll be interesting is that he’ll only be allowed to do so in red states that won’t serve him any good to campaign in. And Florida I guess.

People drive from out of state though, it’s going to be so stupid.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Lol the speed that they packed up and left

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1256957565562486784

:stonk:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What in the actual christ

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

This is where we find out MAGA came from him misunderstanding some Q evangelist psycho going on about Magog or some poo poo, isn't it?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

If Trump goes full on Evangelical that's it man, the ball game is over, Pompeo will talk him into nuking something before he leaves office.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Avengers 5?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

... uh huh

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Nothing ever gets better, does it.

Jesus Christ.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Mat Cauthon posted:

If Trump goes full on Evangelical that's it man, the ball game is over, Pompeo will talk him into nuking something before he leaves office.

he's going to get increasing desperate as we get closer to November and his polls numbers stay below biden's. its going to get worse and worse.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 3, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

When does he outright declare himself a prophet of god.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ooooooh gently caress. this is some deep state conspiracy bullshit he's been reading online. the strained purple prose of the internet jenuis that idiots tend to follow.

the beginning of that sentence involved hillary eating endochine

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Paracaidas posted:

None of this is treading new ground for most folks ITT, but I'm only linking the first post because this sort of misery ought to be opt-in. tl;dr lot of history means there is little imagination involved.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1256783957900869633

Wow, America sure was racist before 2008.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When does he outright declare himself a prophet of god.

I thought he already did that?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

I thought he already did that?

Maybe he did how can anyone remember all this poo poo.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
pissbaby retweeted an "epstein didn't kill himself" meme today.

is he admitting his complicity in epstein's escape or what

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Trump seeing himself as a biblical prophet was not a twist I saw coming.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

such a grand and intoxicating innocence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Oathkeepers/status/1256688719198912513