Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

hakimashou posted:

they already got that its the air filter

The air filter is locked behind Vents 3, which is locked behind Strength 3. It'd be nice if there was a way to boost Strength leveling before that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Triple A posted:

A second tier of the firing range with a +30% to Combat skills would be nice.

or just a longer firing range, with visible range markers, so you can get better at range estimation

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Having a hard rear end time playing these days. Just not interested in the game right now. I go through phases where I play for like 2 months straight and then stop for 2 months.

So, would anyone like a poo poo load of loot to play around with for the rest of this patch? If I liquidate all my THICC cases, which have admittedly tanked from when I thought about selling them, I can easily give away around 100 mil of stuff, probably way more if I sell all my gear and weapons. If anyone has a good way to transfer, let me know. I think the safest method is load up a money case with bitcoins and let you stick it in your secure container. It would take a bunch of raids to get that transferred, but it carries the lowest risk and like no loss of money via the flea.

Edit: The other idea, if you have a few friends who want to split it up and run squads is I can bring it all into a raid and let you try and get out with it like some grand heist. Or maybe a few of you goons want to organize an extract via discord and get out together.
Edit 2: gently caress, you can't stick money cases into your secure container anymore. Scratch that idea. I like the 2nd idea more anyway. But I could likely just bring in 4x SICC cases with coins and do that. That gets 100 bitcoins into the raid, plus 4 SICC cases.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 3, 2020

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Doodles posted:

After the weight changes last month and the skill wipe going with them, I've heard a lot of complaints on how long it takes for players to get their strength & endurance back and I had a thought: Has anyone proposed adding an exercise/weight training area to the Hideout, which would give bonus XP to those two things once built? Seems like it would be reasonably straightforward to implement.

Yeah an upgradable Gym area as a money/item sink was proposed a few times here and I've seen it pop up contantly on Reddit. I am sure that Nikita is aware of the idea, I just don't think they're gonna implement it anytime soon. They even have the assets, there's a bench and some weights in one of the Reserves' garage.

Maybe it's one of the secret hiedout upgrades post wipe, they supposedly added a crapton of crafing items there, maybe a new area or two as well.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Kikas posted:

Yeah an upgradable Gym area as a money/item sink was proposed a few times here and I've seen it pop up contantly on Reddit. I am sure that Nikita is aware of the idea, I just don't think they're gonna implement it anytime soon. They even have the assets, there's a bench and some weights in one of the Reserves' garage.

Maybe it's one of the secret hiedout upgrades post wipe, they supposedly added a crapton of crafing items there, maybe a new area or two as well.

There's an entire gym in the basement of Shoreline.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

aniviron posted:

There's an entire gym in the basement of Shoreline.

Make that gym interactable, get your reps in before somebody shoots you in the dick.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That gym would see a lot of use actually. A red card also spawns there, though that could have changed. Apparently "someone" at BSG moves around high value loot spawns when they become super well known. Not sure how true that is though.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Ya'll have any control tips? I'm gonna start farting around and learning this game before the wipe so I can kinda know what I'm doing after it. I've never played a "military" shooter and there are dozens of controls it seems. Are there any default controls that should be changed immediately? I have to create a cheat sheet on a piece of paper or I know i'll get shot alt tabbing or going through the control menus in game.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Rebind Throw Grenade to double tap G. It will save your and your friends lives a ton.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Rebind "check escapes" to a single "o" press and unbind "check time". Checking escapes will show you the time, there is no need for this to be separate things.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

If you bind check escapes to o on-press and check time to o on-release then the time lingers

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TheTofuShop posted:

Rebind Throw Grenade to double tap G. It will save your and your friends lives a ton.

like, for example, when you accidentally toss a grenade on the armored train, and panic for a minute thinking it murdered everyone but it actually went out the window harmlessly

but the real reason was it clipped through the floor because tarkov didn't count you as being on the train, and failed your extraction accordingly.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
There is an electrical tower on Customs with a stash underneath. One of the first times we got my whole group together to play a game we went to the tower I went in to loot the stash and hit G instead of F to loot it.
I yelled "poo poo poo poo poo poo, run run run" and ran away from the stash.
My two buddies saw me run away from the stash while yelling RUN and their little rat brains immediately determined this means that it's their chance to loot it and dive directly onto the grenade in their greedy lust for cigs and TP.

Got a double kill off that one.

To this day everyone calls that tower Bucnasti Tower.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Bucnasti posted:

Got a double kill off that one.

To this day everyone calls that tower Bucnasti Tower.

How long did it take for you to stop laughing?

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Hazdoc posted:

The air filter is locked behind Vents 3, which is locked behind Strength 3. It'd be nice if there was a way to boost Strength leveling before that point.

throwing 16 grenades and dying over and over from level 1 strength to level 3 strength will take around a million rubles and a few hours of your time (i think between 2-3)

it was loving awful

Blowdryer fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 4, 2020

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Blowdryer posted:

throwing 16 grenades and dying over and over from level 1 strength to level 3 strength will take around a million rubles and a few hours of your time (i think between 2-3)

it was loving awful

Seriously, don't do this. Take a black handled knife and a friend in and whack legs to 3 for the cost of healing and around the same time.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Or get an backpack and a couple empty metal fuel cans and some buckshot and always wear them into the raid. There’s a sweet spot where you’re heavy enough to train but can still gain stam while moving. Do quests involving killing scavs or going specific places, ideally on bigger maps like shoreline or get a posse and patrol those maps to kill sweatlords. Even if you get killed you still get the strength xp and if you kill someone feel free to just take their poo poo, there’s per-raid diminishing returns on skill gain so if you kill them even like 10 minutes into the raid you’re only sacrificing a couple skill points. Just toss the heavy poo poo if you need to, those empty metal fuel cans are like 6k roubles

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Phobeste posted:

Or get an backpack and a couple empty metal fuel cans and some buckshot and always wear them into the raid. There’s a sweet spot where you’re heavy enough to train but can still gain stam while moving. Do quests involving killing scavs or going specific places, ideally on bigger maps like shoreline or get a posse and patrol those maps to kill sweatlords. Even if you get killed you still get the strength xp and if you kill someone feel free to just take their poo poo, there’s per-raid diminishing returns on skill gain so if you kill them even like 10 minutes into the raid you’re only sacrificing a couple skill points. Just toss the heavy poo poo if you need to, those empty metal fuel cans are like 6k roubles

Does this still work? I thought the only way to level strength now was tossing grenades and melee stuff? I thought that got changed when they wiped str/end. If not, gently caress, i've been playing with low strength for no reason. I know people go into raids now and throw a bunch of grenades and then die, so maybe that's still the fastest way.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Does this still work? I thought the only way to level strength now was tossing grenades and melee stuff? I thought that got changed when they wiped str/end. If not, gently caress, i've been playing with low strength for no reason. I know people go into raids now and throw a bunch of grenades and then die, so maybe that's still the fastest way.

Yup it still works it got me to strength 3 after the change. The windows pretty narrow tho - iirc you need to have at least 48.75kg to train and once you hit 50kg you stop regaining stamina while moving, so it’s fiddly, but like I said there’s diminishing returns so if you’re taking a nice ruck in the woods and get in a fight halfway through you don’t lose much

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

TheTofuShop posted:

After our raids last night, quoting this for visibility. Especially for you all y'all butterfingers out there.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fennesz posted:

After our raids last night, quoting this for visibility. Especially for you all y'all butterfingers out there.

a fun prank is cramming into Techlight pharmacy backroom with your whole squad and asking what G does followed by a keyboard tap

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
What are y'all using for FOV? I have a 24" monitor and I can't seem to find one that feels right.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

What are y'all using for FOV? I have a 24" monitor and I can't seem to find one that feels right.

I use a widescreen and have it set at 62 fov. Seems to be fine for me.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

I am currently using 65, I do think dropping it to 62 will help with seeing poo poo.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

ShowTime posted:

I'm at 62 as well with a decently sized monitor. I can't go lower without getting some tunnelvision/motion sickness.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Looks like there's a "75th Victory Day" sale going on today and tomorrow (until Saturday 5pm ET), for anyone who wants to buy the game or upgrade to EOD. 25% off EOD, 20% off all other versions.

I'm considering upgrading to EOD but I'm wondering whether it's worth it. I started playing in the middle of this wipe and found a big part of the game for me was focusing on quests to get the Epsilon case and the traders leveled up. Starting out with a Gamma and trader rep may almost remove some of the incentive to play. On the other hand, doing all those quests again might not be as fun on the second go, and it'll alleviate some of the pain of getting Jaeger to LL2. Hmm...

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ThePineapple posted:

Looks like there's a "75th Victory Day" sale going on today and tomorrow (until Saturday 5pm ET), for anyone who wants to buy the game or upgrade to EOD. 25% off EOD, 20% off all other versions.

I'm considering upgrading to EOD but I'm wondering whether it's worth it. I started playing in the middle of this wipe and found a big part of the game for me was focusing on quests to get the Epsilon case and the traders leveled up. Starting out with a Gamma and trader rep may almost remove some of the incentive to play. On the other hand, doing all those quests again might not be as fun on the second go, and it'll alleviate some of the pain of getting Jaeger to LL2. Hmm...

ultimately its hard to say because its your money/budget/game time/enjoyment

but you still will absolutely want/need to get traders leveled up, especially with the proposed changes to the flea market, and it doesn't remove the actual fun of doing quests

what it does do is make rushing specific quest chains less essential (since you don't need to get Epsilon/do every conceivable quest ASAP), and lets you say "y'know what? I don't feel like spending a ton of raids being forced to do Mosin-related bullshit" (you still need to do his other bullshit)

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Papashah has arrived. As part of V-E Day, they added the Colt 1911 and the PPSH-41 to the game, along with appropriate ammo and magazines. You get the Colt with L2 Peacekeeper and the PPSH from L2 Prapor. But the 75-round drum mags are a) barter only (4 weapon parts) and b) limited to 2 per restock. Last I saw, the drums were going for 1.2 mil on the market. :byodood:

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013

Doodles posted:

Papashah has arrived. As part of V-E Day, they added the Colt 1911 and the PPSH-41 to the game, along with appropriate ammo and magazines. You get the Colt with L2 Peacekeeper and the PPSH from L2 Prapor. But the 75-round drum mags are a) barter only (4 weapon parts) and b) limited to 2 per restock. Last I saw, the drums were going for 1.2 mil on the market. :byodood:

That makes sense that weapon parts were selling at 200k then. I offloaded a bunch I had saved for trying to get thermal scopes off of mechanic's trade.

Gonna miss the stock market aspect next wipe, really nice to keep engaged when you don't have time for full matches.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:stare:

Edit: I am getting back into the game, quick question. Can you buy an adar or is it only for trade? I really enjoy using it, normally my vepr is my go to low level gun but I think the adar might have just taken that spot.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 9, 2020

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Edit: I am getting back into the game, quick question. Can you buy an adar or is it only for trade? I really enjoy using it, normally my vepr is my go to low level gun but I think the adar might have just taken that spot.

I'm also a big fan of the ADAR. Vepr is also great, but largely due to the ammo it uses. M61 rounds are devastating in so many ways. I think everything else about the ADAR is better.

The only ADAR I see for purchase is from Skier lvl 2, and it's just the frame. You'd have to source all the other parts for the gun. I'm guessing you don't have access to the flea yet? Because you could always buy it there.

BTW, when you start looking for an upgrade to that gun, there is the TX-15, which is one of my favorite guns in the game. Sure, there are more effective guns, but the TX-15 really shines in the aesthetic department. Cool looking gun with a cool sound effect.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Mesadoram posted:

You can get an adar for a rechargable battery at skier level 1 and for about 35k rubles at skier level 2.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

I'm also a big fan of the ADAR. Vepr is also great, but largely due to the ammo it uses. M61 rounds are devastating in so many ways. I think everything else about the ADAR is better.

The only ADAR I see for purchase is from Skier lvl 2, and it's just the frame. You'd have to source all the other parts for the gun. I'm guessing you don't have access to the flea yet? Because you could always buy it there.

BTW, when you start looking for an upgrade to that gun, there is the TX-15, which is one of my favorite guns in the game. Sure, there are more effective guns, but the TX-15 really shines in the aesthetic department. Cool looking gun with a cool sound effect.

It has very good recoil control and can fire pretty quick when you click like a maniac.

Sadly I don't, I think I hit 7 last night. Good to know that Skier sells at least a version of it for actually money.

Jarf posted:

You can get an adar for a rechargable battery at skier level 1 and for about 35k rubles at skier level 2.

I don't remember rechargeable batteries being too rare or really used for any decent barters.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVDrGVAmRpo

This is a pretty good video from Pestily going over a zero to hero (starts with melee weapon only) run on Labs. I have 0 experience on Labs, so learned a bit about the map. Also learned a couple other interesting Tarkov facts:

Grenades always bounce to the left on their first contact with a physical object (like the ground).
If you have a blacked out chest or head and get hit in a blacked out limb, you die.

Pretty decent video if you want to learn a bit about how good players play, especially on a map like Labs.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

You can buy it on the market.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
translation of a russian podcast, lots of little future planned things in here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/gh2e22/recap_and_translation_of_the_official_russian/

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

So when is the wipe? last 2 days ive seen a LOT more people running fully kitted mercs that still have zero game-sense and are easy pickin's for my russian peasant carrying a mosin. I have made more in the last 2 days on customs than I have since i bought this game like 2 months ago.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

So when is the wipe? last 2 days ive seen a LOT more people running fully kitted mercs that still have zero game-sense and are easy pickin's for my russian peasant carrying a mosin. I have made more in the last 2 days on customs than I have since i bought this game like 2 months ago.

"Soon"

Probably sometime within the next 3-5 weeks.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm the guy who's still doing quests despite wipe coming soon. it's me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

I'm the guy who's still doing quests despite wipe coming soon. it's me

Well, what else are you gonna do?