Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Squizzle posted:

we had better hope that we get poo poo under control by autumn

lol. lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

wonder if someone's tallied up the longest possible this can last, like the worst things you can do consecutively to just completely gently caress it all up

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
impossible to predict, unprecedented, no one could have seen this coming, etc

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1256974673289633792

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get to go to my yearly people watching concert

I always get to see the coolest tattoos on old leather at these

gently caress that sounds like such a good bad time.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol just imagine the sheer crying and wailing that would've happened if this virus showed up in, say, early November and we shut down during peak shopping/restaurant season

also the sheer amount of moronic hamburger-brained people who would insist on seeing their families anyway for Thanksgiving and Christmas

dont worry, we'll get that during coronavirus 2: electric boogaloo

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol just imagine the sheer crying and wailing that would've happened if this virus showed up in, say, early November and we shut down during peak shopping/restaurant season

also the sheer amount of moronic hamburger-brained people who would insist on seeing their families anyway for Thanksgiving and Christmas
we're not going to have to imagine, this poo poo is definitely making a resurgence in the fall

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Flesh Forge posted:

china has all the manufacturing power that the US has been frantically trying to get rid of since the end of WWII, the US needs them way more than the reverse. US economy is going to disembowel itself in the next year anyway and China is probably already figuring out wtf to do about that.

China has been making moves to try and get the world reserve currency from USD to something else.

Ebola Roulette posted:

I know someone who lives in one of the hardest hit counties in Iowa who insists on taking their 90 some year old dad on a road trip to one of the counties that is open so he can get out of the house :bang:

I seriously have to stop myself from saying "just hold a pillow over his face it'll be quicker". Although this person is actually good hearted in so many other ways they just don't understand the danger so I couldn't bring myself to say it :(

Oh no. Who could have seen this coming?

Not kim and her experts.

Edit: iowa just post 530 cases lol

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

moist turtleneck posted:

lmao when p.o.d. was popular they booked a venue i was working at for rehearsals because their tour was starting in town. on the last day their schedule said 2pm end of rehearsal, then a prayer meeting, so the manager booked all the labor to load their poo poo back on a truck at 2pm. at 6pm we finally started working because they hired some televangelist-type to fly in and bless them, their gear, and all the cities they were visiting for 4hrs.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

moist turtleneck posted:

might as well call that date rape fest

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I don't get going to concerts. Do you guys not know about Spotify and buying beer at the supermarket?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
lol merka :911:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1256982587333058560

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Party of small government unless you do something we don't like

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Flesh Forge posted:

I wasted 2 and a half minutes watching this

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lambert posted:

I don't get going to concerts. Do you guys not know about Spotify and buying beer at the supermarket?

I went to a Springsteen concert back in like... 2012? It was just an entire stadium full of 50-something lesbians.

Not going to lie, one of the highlights of my life. Haven't been to another concert since.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cowpocalypse posted:

we're not going to have to imagine, this poo poo is definitely making a resurgence in the fall

What makes you think it's going to die down in the summer?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Lambert posted:

Weird Al doesn't do a single costume change on spotify.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cuomo's update today has all
the governors from the Northeast Consortium involved and they're talking about the de-facto public health system they've built, it would be cool if we just split off from the rest of the nation and turtled up for another year.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I got a scowl and a raised middle finger from a guy in a truck for wearing a mask today. America sure is a cool place.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gci3n7/covidiot_freaks_out_when_told_he_cant_enter_a/

This dickhead went into a grocery store near here without a mask and pitched a fit when he was predictably removed.

He should have been rolled to the curb and had his rear end kicked

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Woofer posted:

it’s going away when it gets hot

just ask singapore

*checks worldometer*

uhhhh nevermind

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

a.lo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SSo9F8PGI&hd=1

now watch this

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bubsy makes me angry for some reason. Actually I know the reason. It's the unfathomably disgusting art style and the horrific shrill demon summoning voice samples and guttural sound FX. This sinful combination of sight and sound is truly 'I want to put my fist through the tv' rage inducing. I can't even watch 5 minutes of this playthrough

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

a.lo posted:

I could spend about 15 minutes responding to this post but unfortunately I've got too many more posts to read

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

moist turtleneck posted:

I've been streaming The Point the last week and it's literally Classic Rock for Gen-X and old Millennials.

INJECT 1997 STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mycomancy posted:

I've been streaming The Point the last week and it's literally Classic Rock for Gen-X and old Millennials.

INJECT 1997 STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS

we are as far from 1997 as 1997 was from 1974

The sick riffs are returning, nature is healing

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/johnvoelcker/status/1256988206580539392

this!!!

poty has issued a correction as of 17:46 on May 3, 2020

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

how does Alien Ant Farm still even exist

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Skypie posted:

how does Alien Ant Farm still even exist

As long as you don't go back and listen to that cover of Smooth Criminal you can say, "Hey, that cover of Smooth Criminal was pretty good."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Flesh Forge posted:

lies for loving two loving minutes straight and the entire push back is "b-wh-g-" and at the end both friends chuckle and agree to disagree.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I went to a Springsteen concert back in like... 2012? It was just an entire stadium full of 50-something lesbians.

Not going to lie, one of the highlights of my life. Haven't been to another concert since.

ugh i just never liked him. i'd rather see tegan and sara or mitski or somethin

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

lies for loving two loving minutes straight and the entire push back is "b-wh-g-" and at the end both friends chuckle and agree to disagree.

jake tapper is a lil weenie so

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gci3n7/covidiot_freaks_out_when_told_he_cant_enter_a/

This dickhead went into a grocery store near here without a mask and pitched a fit when he was predictably removed.

He should have been rolled to the curb and had his rear end kicked
"I have a doctor's note that says I don't have to wear a shirt or shoes!"

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

I know people are dying, the world is getting rapidly even more dystopian, I feel like my future has been ripped from in a major way by events outside of my control yet again, but between Trump poet laureate and the Ghana dancers, I'm actually starting to love our new hellworld.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lawman 0 posted:

What we should actually do is make it mandatory to have it grass fed which will legitimately make it better for you, cut down on cow farts and cut consumption.
Corn fed beef is bad for you, cows and the environment.

grass-fed is also more efficient land use, there's a lot of land out there that isn't suitable at all for factory crop farming (unless you brute force it which brings a whole load of new problems into the mix) but can support grazing herds no problem.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

everything crashing down and china taking the reins and cleaning up launching us all into space is par for the course re: cowboy bebop future

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Cowpocalypse posted:

it can't make a resurgence if it never went away

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

COVID-420 posted:

it can't make a resurgence if it never went away

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
nationalize the beef

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

So did the general strike do anything, because I was hoping to see news that we moved in the direction of hazard pay and paid leave, but instead I’ve only seen chuds doing chud poo poo.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Squizzle posted:

oh dang, from the replies to that:

https://mobile.twitter.com/opinonhaver/status/1256651269185232898

“no electoral college for consumption” is a good way to phrase it

drat that's a good phrase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Apraxin posted:

lots of negative feelings in the thread this morning, how about an inspirational quote/fanfic to chase those blues away?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1256957565562486784

what in the gently caress...