Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1256...number%3D75pti1

so is this an attempt to blame the entire thing on china rather than the white houses terrible response to the virus right

Nobody would blame China for cutting off shipments of PPE and pharmaceutical precursors to the US, citing domestic need and pointing to our own federal PPE bullshit if we whined about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1256...number%3D75pti1

so is this an attempt to blame the entire thing on china rather than the white houses terrible response to the virus right

Such compelling evidence must be obvious and easy to share yes?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Since we know the base is already on board, this is appeal to fence sitting racists, yes?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Iannucci is on the ball again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skXaeucDYHo

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Midjack posted:

Nobody would blame China for cutting off shipments of PPE and pharmaceutical precursors to the US, citing domestic need and pointing to our own federal PPE bullshit if we whined about it.

You mean outside of anyone who still identifies as a republican? They still think the government was completely taken by surprise by it in mid march when I knew about it in late january or so from reading a dead comedy forum.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/sta...number%3D79pti1

:thunk:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A lot of really sad doctors in russia

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hahahahahah *tearing clumps of hair out*

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Since we know the base is already on board, this is appeal to fence sitting racists, yes?

it's to answer the general election ads for biden which characterize trump as soft on china

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Dyatlov: These doctors are delusional, throw them out of windows.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

You mean outside of anyone who still identifies as a republican? They still think the government was completely taken by surprise by it in mid march when I knew about it in late january or so from reading a dead comedy forum.

I feel like you just have to tell them that Chinese origin goods are an attempt to sneak pathogen into the US and they’d support it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Midjack posted:

I feel like you just have to tell them that Chinese origin goods are an attempt to sneak pathogen into the US and they’d support it.

Wouldn't surprise me, I've already heard the "China released it to ruin Trumps economy" take from family.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Killing your doctors to stay in power.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/statu...pagenumber%3D83

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yeah cool why don't we just say this was actually the CCP in conjunction with the Democrats because both want to destroy America as they hate freedom, if we're going to rhetoric level 11?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This man was the head of the CIA not so long ago.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Ugh, just nuke Beijing and get it over with

Either that or jerk off, but get some loving release!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Don't give them any ideas

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lol we just made NIH cancel a cooperative grant on coronavirus study

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Russia is known for its dangerous windows.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’d hope convincing people he tried to commit suicide off a 2nd floor would be difficult.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

You would hope but people were believing Hillary was assassinating ex staff members constantly so v0v

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So for all of the bullshit that has been rolled out over Biden's VP pick so far, this is the first thing I could actually interpret as some kind of signal, but it could just as much be a branch-out to the left and not mean anything.

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/1256980243669188615

That's a Biden/Warren co-byline on an article in the Miami Herald talking about the big business bailouts in the coronavirus legislation. The inclusion of Warren is probably just a way to wedge in the need for the Senate to flip. Unless it isn't.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d hope convincing people he tried to commit suicide off a 2nd floor would be difficult.

Youd think so, but apparently the exit wound of a Makarov looks identical to a fall injury

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Youd think so, but apparently the exit wound of a Makarov looks identical to a fall injury

Dah, poo poo you are right comrade.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Every great once in a while, I think of people who say they were forced to vote GOP because of rude internet posts.

What loving morons.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Every great once in a while, I think of people who say they were forced to vote GOP because of rude internet posts.

What loving morons.

Because they thought they liked rude internet posts? Need more info.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/03/police-flint-guard-shooting-mask-family-dollar/3075515001/

quote:

Michigan State Police investigators are looking into reports that a Flint dollar store security guard was fatally shot Friday after an argument with a customer who refused to wear a mask in the store.

The 43-year-old guard was shot in the head at about 2:15 p.m. Friday at the Family Dollar store at 877 Fifth Ave. He later died in an area hospital. Police are not yet releasing the name of the guard.

Michigan State Police 1st Lt. David Kaiser said Sunday that detectives are investigating a flood of reports on social media from people who say the violence sparked when the guard told a customer he had to wear a mask, a policy set forth by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to help curb the spread of the coronavirus.

“We’re seeing a lot of these reports on social media, so we're investigating them," Kaiser said. "We'll talk to all the potential witnesses."

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton was expected to hold a press conference Monday, Kaiser said. No time was announced.

No one answered the phone at the Family Dollar store on Sunday.

A GoFundMe page was created in the guard's honor. More than $3,000 was raised by Sunday. He leaves behind a wife and eight kids, the page said.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

DAS Super! posted:

Russia is known for its dangerous windows.

Asked for masks, should have asked for nets.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

jacinda is sick of everyone's poo poo

jump to 5 minutes into the video

https://www.magic.co.nz/home/news/2020/05/prime-minister-jacinda-ardern-defends-decision-to-remain-at-leve.html

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

mlmp08 posted:

What loving morons.

Or the disingenuous "leftists" that did the same thing.

It's almost like stupidity paired with a violently exaggerated sense of self-importance transcends political affiliation.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Old Boot posted:

Or the disingenuous "leftists" that did the same thing.

It's almost like stupidity paired with a violently exaggerated sense of self-importance transcends political affiliation.

Elected democrats acting like republican lights isn't twitter though?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1257014288084017153?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

Because they thought they liked rude internet posts? Need more info.

Just venting frustration thinking about people who swear up and down they'd love to have voted for someone that's not the GOP, but gosh, these mean people online forced their hand by failing to appropriately reach out to them. See also single issue people who will happily blow their own labor rights out of the water if it means they might have 1% more freedom to buy a certain model of firearm.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

People who are proud of being single issue voters are the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

mlmp08 posted:

Just venting frustration thinking about people who swear up and down they'd love to have voted for someone that's not the GOP, but gosh, these mean people online forced their hand by failing to appropriately reach out to them. See also single issue people who will happily blow their own labor rights out of the water if it means they might have 1% more freedom to buy a certain model of firearm.

or stopping other people from controlling their own reproduction

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Arcella posted:

or stopping other people from controlling their own reproduction

I don't think he's saying that single issues can't be compelling. It's more getting at the problems that cause intense, singular focus at the expense of the other problems that democracies need their citizens to focus on, as well.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
So Texas reopened* on Friday. The result has been an almost immediate change in behavior. I see a lot more people without masks and even got an odd look from my neighbors that basically said "why are you still wearing that thing?" Said neighbors were clearly on their way to a pool party with some friends. Did curbside at Best Buy yesterday and overheard a lady asking why they were "still closed." Everything's fine, didn't you hear?

At least nobody with a rifle is protesting the tyranny of the local Costco's mask rule. Yet. The chuds are real mad at Lina Hidalgo, though.

* Not really but that's what most people seem to have heard.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I really wonder what would be happening if we had a competent president and if we had a strong unified message across all levels of government. I doubt we'd be having these protests if that was the case.

Though I suppose if we had a Democrat President, all those rich billionaire fucks would still be astroturfing protests, probably saying "THE PRESIDENT WANTS TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN ECONOMY BLLLAAAARGGH"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Bored As gently caress posted:

I really wonder what would be happening if we had a competent president and if we had a strong unified message across all levels of government. I doubt we'd be having these protests if that was the case.

Though I suppose if we had a Democrat President, all those rich billionaire fucks would still be astroturfing protests, probably saying "THE PRESIDENT WANTS TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN ECONOMY BLLLAAAARGGH"

I don’t think we would be in this position at all. The US is a really lovely country but I think we did a lot to keep things in check.

For example, having a pandemic team and a fully funded Department of Health (specifically the CDC).

There’s a reason SARS didn’t get this bad, and I don’t think it’s just because it’s not as deadly (though I don’t really know much about SARS — just comparing the US between then and now). I think the US hosed the entire world on this one. And while I don’t think one country should ultimately be responsible for what happens in another country, the United States (and just about ever western democracy, tbh) is the last country I give that pass to.

But maybe I’m a total idiot and I’m overestimating the power of a fully functioning US.