Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Waffle! posted:

I'm a little disappointed with the tarantula model because it doesn't do anything. If the snapping turtle model is the same way, I'll just keep the live ones I have protecting my gate.

You definitely want to keep your live snapping turtles. The model is a massive disappointment compared to just having turtles out and chilling around your island. I would never give up three of my turtle friends for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I built a pen for mine and he has a litter box and I want to get him a cat tree for climbing. His name is George.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

How much goddamn furniture and fencing do I need to put on this island to satisfy Isabelle holy poo poo. I've put down about 100 fencing and 75 items since I hit 4 star and it's still 4 star and all she ever says is that it needs more scenery and fencing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffle! posted:

I'm a little disappointed with the tarantula model because it doesn't do anything. If the snapping turtle model is the same way, I'll just keep the live ones I have protecting my gate.

It's worse

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

shortspecialbus posted:

How much goddamn furniture and fencing do I need to put on this island to satisfy Isabelle holy poo poo. I've put down about 100 fencing and 75 items since I hit 4 star and it's still 4 star and all she ever says is that it needs more scenery and fencing

It's it distributed in every acre

When she says shore to shore she means it

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Vaginaface posted:

This island is GORGEOUS wow

Aw thanks

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does anyone out there have blue roses and would be willing to sell some? I've been trying to get this horde of white roses to spawn 1 purple rose for over a week now and they just refuse to give me one, so I'd be willing to pay for like a half-dozen blue roses I could breed from.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I... I forgot Daisy Mae stops selling at 12. It's 12:05. :negative:

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Opening mine up for a bit. It's Sally's birthday, so feel free to pay her a visit. There are some crafting items, furniture pieces and fossils next to the landing dock. I'm remodeling, so it's a bit of a mess. Able sisters have some nifty things, I'm currently a neon caterpillar. Nooks have a simple panel, coffee grinder and full bucket. Hot item is the mini DIY bench. Turnips are 93 bells (she's wandering the cliffs).

Dodo Code: 2D3G2
Island: Rosevale

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

brand engager posted:

How often does the island rating and eval update? I'm still trying to hit 3 stars

It updates constantly, and any changes you make are reflected every time you talk to Isabelle

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Does anyone out there have blue roses and would be willing to sell some? I've been trying to get this horde of white roses to spawn 1 purple rose for over a week now and they just refuse to give me one, so I'd be willing to pay for like a half-dozen blue roses I could breed from.

I made a bed of white roses 3x3 and a purple rose spawned almost immediately afterwards, maybe try that?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

gently caress you Isabelle!
I cleaned up Trash Beach, getting rid of all the junk (mostly a lot of fish) I'd parked there because the Nooks were remodeling and reinstated Turniptopia and she took my island rating down from 4 to 3 stars. :argh:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you dont really need to decorate the entire island to hit 5 stars, i hit 5 at some point when i wasnt even checking, i think adding the decoration around redds did it but most of my island is still awaiting decoration:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I have covered my island in stuff and it's not enough. I put down another 30 items and still 4 stars, and a bunch of those were crafted with nook miles recipes like the silo and well and stuff. This is insane.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I think this game is mocking me. I spent several thousand bells on an imperial low table, only to receive another one as a balloon gift.

This also happens when I shake trees and get something I already spent money to buy. I'm beginning to think there's little point in spending money when I can just wait long enough and get a lot of stuff for free.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Geemer posted:

gently caress you Isabelle!
I cleaned up Trash Beach, getting rid of all the junk (mostly a lot of fish) I'd parked there because the Nooks were remodeling and reinstated Turniptopia and she took my island rating down from 4 to 3 stars. :argh:

Yeah, since fish have to be placed, they count as decoration. Only dropped items are litter.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Any suggestions by Isabelle to add things are just suggestions. Just decorate with some high-value furniture sets, and keep a lot of flowers and trees around.

If Isabelle tells you to remove something, that’s not a suggestion; that’s a hard requirement.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Isabelle keeps telling me I have too many trees but I will never stop planting trees

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Old AC games required your decorations, flowers and tree density to be spread across all 16 grids, but is that actually true for this one? I read that some guy just completely covered his beaches in Hay Beds and got 5 stars

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

The game could stand to be less useless here. I've emptied out my house and storage of everything, which isn't much because nook has only sold literal trash, and I endlessly need appealing scenery.

I've played animal crossing for 20 years now and this is possibly the most obnoxious thing.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I don't recall which is which but there's a distinction between things you buy and things you craft, when Isabelle talks about "decoration" and "scenery".

If you've placed a lot of things bought from the Nooks or shaken out of trees and haven't crafted much, that's the problem, and vice versa

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

shortspecialbus posted:

The game could stand to be less useless here. I've emptied out my house and storage of everything, which isn't much because nook has only sold literal trash, and I endlessly need appealing scenery.

I've played animal crossing for 20 years now and this is possibly the most obnoxious thing.

it's 100x easier than getting the golden axe in the gamecube one

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I'd consider it a healthy mix of bought from nook (or mostly a balloon since all nook sells is the old phone, antique alarm clock, and homework set over and over and over), crafted from normal diy, crafted from nook miles diy, and ordered from nook miles.

I have no idea what it wants from me at this point.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

oddium posted:

it's 100x easier than getting the golden axe in the gamecube one

At least I knew what I had to do for that.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
if you want gold armor shoes, I've got kyle here giving out diys. im gonna be afk so go nuts

m3toc

Thrillhou
Dec 28, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

I would recommend (depending on how much you care) making bonfires and tiki torches to spread around; Streetlamps from the Nook kiosk are also helpful since they don’t take up much space and look good.

I also decorated each of the rocky areas on my island with one of the high priced NMT items (Satellite Dish, Lighthouse) since those seem to count for a lot.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

I built a pen for mine and he has a litter box and I want to get him a cat tree for climbing. His name is George.

i've gone really off the rails and collected a bunch of turtles to be workers in a town run by the stuffed bears. They even do the media for the local news. It's okay though, because they make a minimum wage of 5 leaves per hour.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i do not have any of the big cost NMT items out atm, i have quite a lot of fences and stuff, crafted and bought items, lots of flowers

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Does someone who has gotten 5 stars want to come to my island and tell me what the gently caress I am missing because I am completely out of ideas at this point. It's covered.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

shortspecialbus posted:

Does someone who has gotten 5 stars want to come to my island and tell me what the gently caress I am missing because I am completely out of ideas at this point. It's covered.

There's probably a single stick hiding behind a tree

:argh:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Wouldn't she tell me if that's the case? I thought the one thing she would be accurate on is telling you if you have stuff that shouldn't be there?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
oh yeah my place is five stars if you want to look at it and get angry at whatever algorithm is at play. didn't really go out of my way for it either, except discretely dumping a bunch of extra bamboo on a friends island

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Does anyone have a good city street style pattern? I tried making my own but it looks like horrible gravel.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

OK either 2 more bonfires or picking up 2 sticks did it. Got 5 thank God. Now to clean up the massive mess I made and tear down a bunch of awful fences.

Thanks. That was way more frustrating than it needed to be

Edit: there's no real reason to try to keep it at 5 right?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

shortspecialbus posted:

OK either 2 more bonfires or picking up 2 sticks did it. Got 5 thank God. Now to clean up the massive mess I made and tear down a bunch of awful fences.

Thanks. That was way more frustrating than it needed to be

Edit: there's no real reason to try to keep it at 5 right?

You get lily-of-the-valley plants that spawn on the cliffs occasionally if your island rating stays at 5*. If you don't care about those, then nope! All you need for golden roses is the gold watering can and black roses, and island ranking doesn't count for that.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

OK. Cleaning up the random furniture strewn about (all 30 pieces of it!) dropped me back to 4 so ugh. We will see if I can hit it naturally and hold it, I'm not dumping furniture everywhere long term because it looked like poo poo. I do kind of want at least one lily of the valley.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I bought my wife Animal Crossing but she doesn't play games, how hard is it to get Isabelle to glory kill the raccoon demons :v:

Really though how much effort a day is it minimally? She enjoys the old Sim City ports on iOS but is it an hour tops? I only ever played the Gamecube one.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
All in with 16,000 turnips this week. Wish me luck...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

RBA Starblade posted:

I bought my wife Animal Crossing but she doesn't play games, how hard is it to get Isabelle to glory kill the raccoon demons :v:

Really though how much effort a day is it minimally? She enjoys the old Sim City ports on iOS but is it an hour tops? I only ever played the Gamecube one.

It's hard to answer that because there's nothing that you absolutely must do in a given day. If you just grab the bottle message, talk to everyone and run around and find all your fossils and hit all your rocks, I dunno, an hour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Wait, seriously? The sticks that fall out of trees count against your island rating just like weeds do? This loving DIY system that necessitated their introduction!