Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I can’t even get onto the drat thing. Been trying for fifteen minutes. INTERFERENCE

Y’all never put your NookPhone into airplane mode, and it shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Hahaha, I cannot even get to that point. It just says it's full and dumps me out of the conversation.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I’m wondering what I should do with my island. The southern half is where all my houses and shops are, and I’ve left the rest pretty much untamed with the exception of a small graveyard, a cliff top stargazing spot and some patches of all kinds of flowers for breeding purposes. There are also lots of fruit trees everywhere since I’ve segmented my island into a few different “zones” so I can harvest all the fruit in a zone each day.

It’s taken so long to get terraforming that now that I have it, I’m pretty used to my island as it is. All I’ve really done with terraforming is lay paths and adjust the shape of my ponds.

I’ve got an island that has the “island within an island” thing, and I’d like to do something cool with that, but I can’t really think of anything I wanna do...

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

What I did was give myself cliff rivers. I only had tiny cliff rivers, ao I rerouted stuff and made a ton of cliffs and redid a lot so that I had at least some length of cliff rivers. It makes catching cliff fish possible without using bait. As I did that, I got a couple other ideas. There's a canyon (it can be hopped over) to get to Redd's boat and there's a secret boxing gym that comes off of that. It's still way more wild than the town itself but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Maybe something like that - give yourself a base concept and go from there.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"It looks like someone's leaving" has become my favorite joke in the game. The translators really knocked it out of the park.

Could you imagine if it was Saharah *and* Celeste ontop of this on my island.

That said there's only 40 more minutes until closing. Good luck getting in folks!!

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

Abandoned Toaster posted:

This game just keeps hitting me over the head with a net. I like it, a lot, but there are so many little things that are so annoying...

You found a street organ! You can put it in your outdoor orchestra but it doesn't play music.

The street organ is weird because you have to grab it to make it play:

https://twitter.com/tha_crocodiLE/status/1257117096401448960

I guess to make you feel like a real organ grinder. It's hard to see but the little figurines dance around inside too :3:

Sorry about everything else on the list though

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Rollersnake posted:

Ah, dammit, that's my wife's most-wanted villager, and my second-most wanted peppy villager after the flamingo. But of course I have no room.

I haven't had a villager ask to leave in over two weeks, by the way. Every time a villager gets the ... over their head, it's to ask if they can also call me Button. Even if they've already asked and I've refused. I genuinely suspect at this point that I can't have villagers ask to leave until all of them are calling me Button.

Aw nuts!

I’m having the same issue — Sprinkle moving out was an amiibo boot. I really wanna play Nook Island roulette again with my hoard of two weeks’ worth of Nook miles but no dice. Kevin asked to move out exactly two weeks ago. I’ve had three move out requests total since the game came out, playing every day, so I figured it was on a regular timer. But maybe not? Anyone having villagers ask to move out lately?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

lol, donated some ants to the museum and when I went to visit them I noticed this detail.

This game, what a charmer.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

New Leaf posted:

Does anyone know if the villager requests where they want a specific type of fish or bug expire overnight? Is there any sort of penalty to not doing it? This bitch on my island wants a goldfish and all I'm getting are frogs and killifish in 2 stacks of bait.

I don't know if there's a time limit, but when they want me to deliver some guy's shirt that got left at their house for some reason, if it's late at night they'll say "well, it's late, but could you do it tomorrow?".

No penalty. They might like you more if you do it and give you a treat in return.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"It looks like someone's leaving" has become my favorite joke in the game. The translators really knocked it out of the park.

That said there's only 40 more minutes until closing. Good luck getting in folks!!

i got in! Even if I only get one of my two loads sold, this will be worth it!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

eating only apples posted:

I don't know if there's a time limit, but when they want me to deliver some guy's shirt that got left at their house for some reason, if it's late at night they'll say "well, it's late, but could you do it tomorrow?".

No penalty. They might like you more if you do it and give you a treat in return.

I finally found it.. another half stack of bait and I caught one. She gave me a pink parka dress as a reward. I'm male. I plan on re-gifting it to her tomorrow.

Funny story in regards to the delivery type quest you just mentioned - Ellie and Pippy got into a fight of some sort and Ellie wanted to send an apology gift to Pippy and have me deliver. It was a Baby Chick Costume, that Pippy put on *immediately*.. In return, Pippy gave me one of her default outfits, which is this kind of drab brown tanktop.. She even noted that her gift to me was the shirt she was just wearing. It's just called "Tank". I don't think you could get this any other way. Their behavior is just bizarre.. "Thanks for delivering this gift! Have the grody shirt I was just wearing as a reward."

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 4, 2020

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

a nigga who smoke posted:

Opening up my island for a bit. Still very much a work in progress, but it's coming along.

Chops is in boxes. If anyone is in the market for a pig dressed like a Musketeer he's all yours.

Simon is crafting sauna heaters. He's in the back middle.

Leif has azaleas and hydrangeas. Nothing too special in Able's that I noticed. Nook's has a paper tiger and a tambourine.

If anyone could bring me a basketball, that'd be great. I just built a court and look like an rear end in a top hat with only a football.

Dodo Code - CLOSED

Had a connection issue and got booted midway through drawing you a creepy Simon. Ah well, thanks for having me over.

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
Made it in! now to sell and leave....

edit: made it out! much thanks

DonJNavarro fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 4, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It was chaos but thank you for letting me in! I left you a tip the first time and my second I only had a few turnips so I threw you my best DIY

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly

Rollersnake posted:

Had a connection issue and got booted midway through drawing you a creepy Simon. Ah well, thanks for having me over.

My router decided that was an optimum time to poo poo itself. Hope you still got your recipe.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

New Leaf posted:

I finally found it.. another half stack of bait and I caught one. She gave me a pink parka dress as a reward. I'm male. I plan on re-gifting it to her tomorrow.

Funny story in regards to the delivery type quest you just mentioned - Ellie and Pippy got into a fight of some sort and Ellie wanted to send an apology gift to Pippy and have me deliver. It was a Baby Chick Costume, that Pippy put on *immediately*.. In return, Pippy gave me one of her default outfits, which is this kind of drab brown tanktop.. She even noted that her gift to me was the shirt she was just wearing. It's just called "Tank". I don't think you could get this any other way. Their behavior is just bizarre.. "Thanks for delivering this gift! Have the grody shirt I was just wearing as a reward."

Wear the dress, it sounds cute

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm attempting to drop stuff off by your house so grab em quick, then I'm out

e: oh Irene is here hi who are you? You visited Alexandria earlier and you have a new hat!

That's my wife's account. She's very happy to sell her two loads of turnips asap. And it was very funny queueing up properly at the airport.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hahaha ontop of the turnips Celeste just spawned in and is walking in front of the shop

E: I'll have to check in front of my house when I can make it there, was in the other room for a minute :v: And nah, I get anxious in discord for whatever reason so I usually avoid it :sweatdrop:

Well the Animal Crossing Discord folks are super chill and welcoming, so I do recommend it. There's even a bot in the channel named Lloid who can handle Dodo Code queues for you. No turnip exchange and associated fees required!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

a nigga who smoke posted:

My router decided that was an optimum time to poo poo itself. Hope you still got your recipe.

I did! Thank you.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Ineffiable posted:

That's my wife's account. She's very happy to sell her two loads of turnips asap. And it was very funny queueing up properly at the airport.

Aww. Tell her I was happy to have her as the first ever visitor to Alexandria earlier. She bought a couple of Nook stuff I think.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Silver Falcon posted:

Well the Animal Crossing Discord folks are super chill and welcoming, so I do recommend it. There's even a bot in the channel named Lloid who can handle Dodo Code queues for you. No turnip exchange and associated fees required!

Legit really enjoying the ac discord. Love how chill everyone is. And the lloid bot is so good, really makes things easy.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Silver Falcon posted:

The invite in the OP isn't working for me, can I get a new one please?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"I'll close the gates in about 5 minutes so people can leave in peace and the folks here to sell can finish in time."

Walked into the airport and let out a audible "oh my god" to there being a line

E: Going to politely ask that people stop coming over and let me get to the gate so I can stop visitors, want the people here to get a chance to sell before closing :)

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 4, 2020

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

That line to leave is probably the silliest thing that I absolutely loved.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gate is closed!

Thanks for the 3 hours of fun and hope a good chunk of you were able to sell early :shobon:

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"I'll close the gates in about 5 minutes so people can leave in peace and the folks here to sell can finish in time."

I’ve been desperately trying to get to your house to leave a tip, but I think I’m gonna have to just leave it outside the airport at this rate

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

E: Going to politely ask that people stop coming over and let me get to the gate so I can stop visitors, want the people here to get a chance to sell before closing :)

Left you a tip behind your house-ish. Thank you for doing this! [flower fart emoji]

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How do I get the recipe for an ironwood dresser, I have like 3 or 4 things that need it but no way to make the actual dresser

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

dracky posted:

The street organ is weird because you have to grab it to make it play:

https://twitter.com/tha_crocodiLE/status/1257117096401448960

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit you're right!

MossCoveredStones
Apr 26, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have some very scary news.

I deleted my island to try to fix the flickering glitch and rewound my system clock to the date the game released. Been slowly advancing up to catch back up to where I was in real time and well... was bored and checked my Turnip Prices on this random rear end day

Turns out my Turnips are 511 right now

If you wanna sell uber early and have a easy stress free week my Dodo code is: Closed!

If you wanna drop anything off DIY/flowers/bells/mile tickets would be nice but honestly I'm just happy to help :shobon:

Come laugh at me!!

That's some drastic measures taken right there, hope it winds up helping in the end! Left ya a 99k bag near the airport as thanks.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The invite in the OP isn't working for me, can I get a new one please?

This link should work. click me!

Lemme know if it doesn't.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How do I get the recipe for an ironwood dresser, I have like 3 or 4 things that need it but no way to make the actual dresser

If you ever do find a villager making it, please tell me as I'm in the same boat. A goon did make me one once so I got what I needed at the time but ugh.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Silver Falcon posted:

This link should work. click me!

Lemme know if it doesn't.

Hm, it doesn't. Must be something in my discord settings but I don't know what. Whether I tell it to open in app or not, it just takes me to my discord home without the new server there.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I don't have the recipe to give you but if you stock up on iron and wood you can come to my island and I'll make you as many as you like. PM me to work out the details. I probably won't be available until tomorrow.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Gate is closed!

Thanks for the 3 hours of fun and hope a good chunk of you were able to sell early :shobon:

You are a patient, patient person. Thank you very much.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 4, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Uhhhh my game is bugged. That or Sprinkles the penguin is trans.

My obligatory campsite villager is the penguin and she has all the lines from Smug villagers. I'm *very* confused.

https://twitter.com/ThisIsACoolGuy/status/1257146896507736064

Always wanted them regardless though so hey I'm lucky either way :v: but boy looking the wiki up and seeing that they're supposed to be peppy is throwing me for a loop

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 4, 2020

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Its odd to me that people struggle to get 5 stars, when I jumped from like 2 stars one day to 5 the next time I checked in. Not even 100% sure what I changed that day, besides picking up "free stuff" pile, I think I might have also randomly placed a bunch of the high value nook miles items that i'd been collecting in storage. I basically just ordered one of everything :shrug:

Oh, I had a new villager moving in at the time (i was still one or two away from filling up to 10 residents that day iirc).
And I had been making a new bridge/incline eachy day at that point, to reach all the places without poles/ladders.

I guess I'm not too fussed about a cluttered island, and I still don't have much of a vision as far as terraforming/relocating stuff, but the main takeaway seems to be that those nook mile objects, bridges/inclines, and occupancy are a big deal.

Also, for those that want to keep 5 stars without visual clutter, I've heard that you can basically line the rear ledge of your island with hay beds where they cant even be seen, and the game will love it apparently (at least that satisfies the "crafted items" part I suppose).

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Uhhhh my game is bugged. That or Sprinkles the penguin is trans.

My obligatory campsite villager is the penguin and she has all the lines from Smug villagers. I'm *very* confused.

https://twitter.com/ThisIsACoolGuy/status/1257146896507736064

Always wanted them regardless though so hey I'm lucky either way :v: but boy looking the wiki up and seeing that they're supposed to be peppy is throwing me for a loop

There's always been gender mishaps in AC. In New Leaf the Uchii villagers often got referenced with male pronouns despite them all supposedly being female and I think Sprinkle and some others were caught up in that as well.

Just ask Sprinkle what pronoun they prefer and go with that and don't think about it beyond that because gender is a meaningless construct.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

There's always been gender mishaps in AC. In New Leaf the Uchii villagers often got referenced with male pronouns despite them all supposedly being female and I think Sprinkle and some others were caught up in that as well.

Just ask Sprinkle what pronoun they prefer and go with that and don't think about it beyond that because gender is a meaningless construct.

yeah but this is super weird because Sprinkle is definitely a peppy girl, not a smug boy

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

That line to leave is probably the silliest thing that I absolutely loved.

Snipped this while I was leaving for the first time.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

peepsalot posted:

Its odd to me that people struggle to get 5 stars, when I jumped from like 2 stars one day to 5 the next time I checked in. Not even 100% sure what I changed that day, besides picking up "free stuff" pile, I think I might have also randomly placed a bunch of the high value nook miles items that i'd been collecting in storage. I basically just ordered one of everything :shrug:

Oh, I had a new villager moving in at the time (i was still one or two away from filling up to 10 residents that day iirc).
And I had been making a new bridge/incline eachy day at that point, to reach all the places without poles/ladders.

I guess I'm not too fussed about a cluttered island, and I still don't have much of a vision as far as terraforming/relocating stuff, but the main takeaway seems to be that those nook mile objects, bridges/inclines, and occupancy are a big deal.

Also, for those that want to keep 5 stars without visual clutter, I've heard that you can basically line the rear ledge of your island with hay beds where they cant even be seen, and the game will love it apparently (at least that satisfies the "crafted items" part I suppose).

I mean, it's largely about what you want your island to look like. If you want to build a more modern town, then 5 stars isn't that hard because you're going to be putting down street lights, pools, snack machines, fountains, etc.

Personally I like the rustic/ruins look I've got going on, so I've been having a hard time getting my star rating up. I got to 4 stars when I made a ton of graves and started sprinkling them in among the forests, but it's been a struggle finding more stuff that fits my aesthetic. Sure, I could just dump a bunch of stuff out of my house onto the cliffs I'm not using, but I'd rather get to 5 stars with a layout that makes me happy, instead of with one I'm going to tear down as soon as I get the watering can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Gate is closed!

Thank you for letting me come by! Managed not to have to wait too long, too. :j: