Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ironically brisbane has the best access to hrt if you are trans in the whole nation by several loving miles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

chaser lowtax posted:

ironically brisbane has the best access to hrt if you are trans in the whole nation by several loving miles
I dunno, I found Melbourne pretty drat easy to get scripts in.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/mjrowland68/status/1257081857667067904?s=19

Purk
Aug 9, 2017
I haven't seen the meat processing plant named anywhere, which seems counterproductive.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Purk posted:

I haven't seen the meat processing plant named anywhere, which seems counterproductive.

I don't really see the difference but if we can know about Dick Pusey we can know about the meat.

Also so much for relaxed conditions on the 11th I guess.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Purk posted:

They don't do it for privacy reasons unless it's absolutely essential for public safety. Since most people will cook the meat before eating it, and don't hang out in processing plants, I guess the logic is it doesn't pose a big enough threat to public health to justify naming it.

Purk
Aug 9, 2017

Whitlam posted:

They don't do it for privacy reasons unless it's absolutely essential for public safety. Since most people will cook the meat before eating it, and don't hang out in processing plants, I guess the logic is it doesn't pose a big enough threat to public health to justify naming it.

Ah I'm not worried about the meat. More thought it would be beneficial for the public to know where the outbreak is. We've been naming schools and the like as we go, naming a business with a concentration of cases seems reasonable to me.

At the same time, I can see the difference between a school and a slaughterhouse.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Purk posted:

Ah I'm not worried about the meat. More thought it would be beneficial for the public to know where the outbreak is. We've been naming schools and the like as we go, naming a business with a concentration of cases seems reasonable to me.

At the same time, I can see the difference between a school and a slaughterhouse.

The people who tested positive were already in self isolation when they tested positive. There's no danger to the public.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm guessing we're just going to see a continuous stream of school closures and re-openings over the next few months on the current course they've set.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

Oh lol all state leader polls are huge like that.
And the national leader. Seems Australians relish the feel of the authoritarian boot on the neck. Will be interesting to see what happens after the actual crisis has past and the internal whinger kicks back in.

Also beet I mainly reply to you because I have everyone else on ignore.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

We went around to the FIL's place for dinner last night (gatherings allowed in SA so long as distancing is kept) and it pissed me off so much because everyone was hugging and kissing, while complaining about backpackers and cruise ships.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Purk posted:

I imagine they don't want to cause a tainted food panic. You saw what people did with toilet paper, now imagine coles and woolworths throwing out their entire frozen meat inventory for a brand due to consumer backlash because their processing plant had the crow.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Tokamak posted:

I imagine they don't want to cause a tainted food panic. You saw what people did with toilet paper, now imagine coles and woolworths throwing out their entire frozen meat inventory for a brand due to consumer backlash because their processing plant had the crow.

Why shouldn’t they? Can it transfer via food?

Purk
Aug 9, 2017

Comstar posted:

Why shouldn’t they? Can it transfer via food?

I don't think it can easily transfer in food, especially if it's cooked. The Age has named the meat plant now, so I guess if there is going to be a backlash over it we will get to see it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
It's maybe technically possible, but you'd have to have incredibly poor hygeine both at the plant and in the home for someone to be infected. like, I'm imagining that someone would have to sneeze or cough directly onto the meat (the number of failures that would need to occur at the processing facility for that to even happen are pretty astronomical) then whoever uses it at the other end would have to touch their face after/while handling the raw meat without washing their hands.

the chances of infection happening that way would have to be one in several billion

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

The Before Times posted:

the chances of infection happening that way would have to be one in several billion

I long for your optimism surrounding the competency of humanity in general.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Before Times posted:

It's maybe technically possible, but you'd have to have incredibly poor hygeine both at the plant and in the home for someone to be infected. like, I'm imagining that someone would have to sneeze or cough directly onto the meat (the number of failures that would need to occur at the processing facility for that to even happen are pretty astronomical) then whoever uses it at the other end would have to touch their face after/while handling the raw meat without washing their hands.

Me, doing a double take while slapping myself in the face with raw steaks: OH NOOOOOOOO

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/murpharoo/status/1257117156942069761?s=19

Hopefully Ardern will challenge the PM at the national cabinet and call for a spill.

I for one welcome our new Prime Minister.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

New Zealand finally embraces its destiny to become the seventh state

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Me, doing a double take while slapping myself in the face with raw steaks: OH NOOOOOOOO

just give it time before pete evans advocates a diet that consists entirely of licking raw meat and shoving potatoes up your arse

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Man we are actually going to do this Aus NZ covid zone thing aren't we.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

da crow z0ne

A Wild Animal
Dec 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Every day I construct a Facial Mask of delicatessen Ham, to strengthen my Collagens, and to pinken my Complexion; this is called To Assimilate.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

freebooter posted:

If it meant we got her as PM, I'd be 100% for it.

Imagine having a prime minister who genuinely cared about people.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If it meant we got her as PM, I'd be 100% for it.

lol if you think the Australian people would ever elect a party with a leader like her

NZ could annex us and we'd totally gently caress it all up at the first chance

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

A Wild Animal posted:

Every day I construct a Facial Mask of delicatessen Ham, to strengthen my Collagens, and to pinken my Complexion; this is called To Assimilate.

A slice of salami over each eye.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

freebooter posted:

Excuse me, I believe you mean it will annex the West Island

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Senor Tron posted:

We went around to the FIL's place for dinner last night (gatherings allowed in SA so long as distancing is kept) and it pissed me off so much because everyone was hugging and kissing, while complaining about backpackers and cruise ships.

Maybe your family won't go for it but I've found that doing the elbow thing in good humor lets everyone still have that moment of contact. It does feel really strange to not have something, people will likely just be carrying out their ingrained behaviours because it's super awkward to greet without some sort of touch. Take the lead.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
its taken me a very long time but i have trained my family not to touch me

people always said i was strange but now my time has come!!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Much bigger fan of the shoe shake myself

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

JBP posted:

It makes sense, from a sense-making point of view

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Good news, we got permission from our landlord to move out of our apartment to a cheaper one! I'd like to thank my kind capitalist overlords.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Chadzok posted:

Maybe your family won't go for it but I've found that doing the elbow thing in good humor lets everyone still have that moment of contact. It does feel really strange to not have something, people will likely just be carrying out their ingrained behaviours because it's super awkward to greet without some sort of touch. Take the lead.

We had done that in the past, but people outright saying now that it's fine. I actually mentioned it outright a couple of times (including talking about how my mum hasn't touched her 9 month old grandchild/my niece in 6 weeks) but the general attitude is that it's fine now, we're just waiting for the few weeks with no cases, and isn't a shame that it had to get to this point because of all those other people not following the rules.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Before Times posted:

Good news, we got permission from our landlord to move out of our apartment to a cheaper one! I'd like to thank my kind capitalist overlords.

Glad to hear that, those new tenancy laws are just stupid.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

JBP posted:

When I let my mind wander on a completely ill-informed thought experiment that worries me because I figure that'll also include the South Pacific islands, which is fine except that some of them (like Samoa and FSM) are also in super close association with the US, which is going to be a hotbed of rolling outbreaks until there's a vaccine. I guess it doesn't matter because everybody going in and out of NZ and in and out of Australian states will be getting 2 weeks of quarantine for a long time to come anyway. Aside from that I would be very happy with a South Seas COVID Free Zone.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

freebooter posted:

When I let my mind wander on a completely ill-informed thought experiment that worries me because I figure that'll also include the South Pacific islands, which is fine except that some of them (like Samoa and FSM) are also in super close association with the US, which is going to be a hotbed of rolling outbreaks until there's a vaccine. I guess it doesn't matter because everybody going in and out of NZ and in and out of Australian states will be getting 2 weeks of quarantine for a long time to come anyway. Aside from that I would be very happy with a South Seas COVID Free Zone.

We already have a shared customs, quarantine and biosecurity system, along with very similar immigration systems. It makes sense that because these are already very aligned we can allow the bubble to happen.

All these systems being aligned is one of the main reasons why our trans-tasman agreement for freedom of movement still works the way it does.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Do it Scomo, call the the Anzac Zone and declare the Oceanic Empire causing Paradox Studios to cream itself.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I like the sound of "South Seas Free Zone".

Makes me feel all nautical and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
South pacific co-prosperity sphere