Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

RumbleFish posted:

Thing is, the sports industry is a loving huge employer and economic driver. Stadiums alone have so many blue-collar workers handling security, selling concessions, cleaning up after games, etc. I know it's cool for goons to poo poo on "sportsball," but it's a pretty bad thing for sports to just not happen at all.

those workers you mention are exactly the people who are most at risk if the stadiums remain open. I guarantee most of them and their families are thankful that they don’t have to risk their lives for a game.

I’m a sports fan but literally everyone agrees that it’s the least essential thing we have in society. Even the Ultras in Milan who stab people over soccer are saying “stay at home, it’s just a game”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Me 9.5 an hr union job, love to organize the workplace

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

everyone should be safe at home and all rent and mortgage and debt payments should be suspended and the government should be providing financial aid that isn't means tested and should be getting food and supplies to people while supporting the hospitals and the workers who really are necessary

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

snoo posted:

the ppl in the building across from us are having a party lmao

I thought they did that every night.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

snoo posted:

everyone should be safe at home and all rent and mortgage and debt payments should be suspended and the government should be providing financial aid that isn't means tested and should be getting food and supplies to people while supporting the hospitals and the workers who really are necessary

yeah but how about instead of that i open carry into a country buffet where i do the pledge of allegiance because freedom is at steak

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

I thought they did that every night.

it's always something

someone's lovely modded car burned out in front of our building at midnight and they tried to start it so many times it started smoking and all that smoke came right inside :peanut:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stefan Prodan posted:

doctorate in clarinet would be pretty badass tho

I saw someone on twitter say oboe is one of the hardest instruments, is that true do you know and if so why

Double reed instruments require an insanely well developed embouchure to play at a skilled level, like decades of training mouth muscles

Also as someone who plays brass instruments, the keys on any woodwind instrument look like the outside of a borg cube and oboe/bassoon are particularly wild looking

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

anime was right posted:

yeah but how about instead of that i open carry into a country buffet where i do the pledge of allegiance because freedom is at steak

that freedom better be country-fried

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ChipNDip posted:

This isn't healthy... are you in therapy?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Actually this is exactly what you should be doing, you loving moron. Please stop posting.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

snoo posted:

...hosed up of you to think of everyone but the most vulnerable of all: Number

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

YOU CANT MAKE ME WEAR A MASK I'M NOT A SNOWFLAKE PUSSY *MURDERS A MAN*

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

snoo posted:

but how are the childfuckers gonna get 50 more trillion dollars entering their gaping maw that way

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lmao at wagecucks who want to work again

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

anime was right posted:

[COVID-19 May] freedom is at steak

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Bernie Panders posted:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

but how are the childfuckers gonna get 50 more trillion dollars entering their gaping maw that way

they should try pulling themselves up by their bootstraps, maybe make sure they have 6 months of savings available, geez

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

coke posted:

lol @ the seed guy trying to gas light people

paint and seed guy, seeds aren't enough on their own.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Bernie Panders posted:

Very few of them who aren't already working at home safely or part of some T_D botting operation

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Starks posted:

those workers you mention are exactly the people who are most at risk if the stadiums remain open. I guarantee most of them and their families are thankful that they don’t have to risk their lives for a game.

I’m a sports fan but literally everyone agrees that it’s the least essential thing we have in society. Even the Ultras in Milan who stab people over soccer are saying “stay at home, it’s just a game”.

I'm not arguing for sports to be played with fans and support staff present, just pointing out that "lmao gently caress sportsball lmao" is kinda silly because there's more to it than just rich owners and athletes. I absolutely agree that it's for the best that stadiums remain closed.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stefan Prodan posted:

doctorate in clarinet would be pretty badass tho

I saw someone on twitter say oboe is one of the hardest instruments, is that true do you know and if so why

oboe and flute are the hardest woodwind instruments, clarinet is right behind them though. oboe takes a ridiculous amount of air pressure, so does clarinet but less so, oboe fingerings are super crazy and difficult and make less intuitive sense. flue is hard for its own reasons, but trust me, it's fuckin hard

i took a year of flute lessons, a year of sax lessons, and a few years of bassoon lessons while getting my degrees too, was principle bassoon in the orchestra for a while actually. wheeee useless skills i can never use again in any context woo hoooo

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Bernie Panders posted:

why can’t they just elect Jess scarane, who will give them all the money they need

She will do her very best, but it won't be possible for her to enact that kind of change on her own. What'll be best is for her to spearhead a very large and very loud movement demanding it over people like Senator Graham! There are many different ways to help support her if you are so inclined, of course.

Bernie Panders posted:

I mean, I wouldn't mind feeling safer when looking to re-enter the work force.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

actionjackson posted:

I mean, the minimum league salaries put you in the top 1% easily

lol if you don't see the labor/management divide

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
They should just play all the NFL games in Aloha stadium and pay Hawaii to keep the airports closed. There have been one or two cases a day here for like two weeks, and we still have another month of mandatory stay at home orders. The NFL makes like $8B a year in profits, and the total tourism industry in Hawaii is only like $17B, so they could cover a lot of it.

Bring all the players here, have them quarantine for two weeks, and then they just stay in Hawaii and play all the games at the same stadium. bing bong so simple

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Bernie Panders posted:

sports are a tool of white supremacy and they deserve to be shut down

you mean like golf style white supremacy, hockey style or NFL style

edit: is nascar style more like golf or hockey

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

First the baseball season would have to end, am I right???

the mariners cant lose if they never play *taps forehead*

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

snoo posted:

it's always something

someone's lovely modded car burned out in front of our building at midnight and they tried to start it so many times it started smoking and all that smoke came right inside :peanut:

High as gently caress on oil fumes.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

High as gently caress on oil fumes.

im dying

the only cure is sending some money to my venmo

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

RumbleFish posted:

I'm not arguing for sports to be played with fans and support staff present, just pointing out that "lmao gently caress sportsball lmao" is kinda silly because there's more to it than just rich owners and athletes. I absolutely agree that it's for the best that stadiums remain closed.

Even when I showed you that the macroeconomic impact is minimal at best and that the jobs being created are garbage you're still going to die on this hill?

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

overmind2000 posted:

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

seattle plague rat posted:

watching the thrilling conclusion to VBS3
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oXCHkEqXddqSRK0q5K63yjXIHaRemfG-
& rick & marathon
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18VdNod8ljsUB-1h1On2f_ceN71LkQYe7

slow nite

thjeres like gdrive browser streaming plugins for mobile
i dont know your life

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

gently caress sports

gently caress SPORTS BALL

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

gently caress sports

gently caress SPORTS BALL

cum infections are stored in the sports balls

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

snoo posted:

im dying

the only cure is sending some money to my venmo

Got $0.67 burning a hole in my pocket.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Even when I showed you that the macroeconomic impact is minimal at best and that the jobs being created are garbage you're still going to die on this hill?

Your example was based on football, which has a very short season, and I pointed out that most other sports have a shitload of games. Regardless, I'm not really in opposition to anything expressed here because I don't think or expect sports should be played this year, outside of maybe the NFL, which is just a generally unstoppable behemoth. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens with that because their offseason has largely been business as usual.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hating on sports is like hating on Christianity, it ain’t normal

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

overmind2000 posted:

pls

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

RumbleFish posted:

Your example was based on football, which has a very short season, and I pointed out that most other sports have a shitload of games.

The $9/hr jobs are at busch stadium, with a phony company union to siphon dues to boot

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

nobody knew who i was until i refused to put on the mask

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lives will be saved from less abuse and drunk driving if sports ball is kept shut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

actionjackson posted:

I mean, the minimum league salaries put you in the top 1% easily

the average nfl career lasts 4 years lol