Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Solemn Sloth posted:

South pacific co-prosperity sphere

South Pacific No Prosperity Sphere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
PanOceania

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

South pacific co-prosperity sphere

:hmmyes:

GotLag posted:

South Pacific No Prosperity Sphere

:hmmyes:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Homora Gaykemi posted:

lol if you think the Australian people would ever elect a party with a leader like her

NZ could annex us and we'd totally gently caress it all up at the first chance

hey uh unrelated but where is your avatar from? i haven't read the phantom in a while but i doubt it got that cool.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Southern Cooperative Oceanic Monarchist Organisation

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Covid-free United Nations of the Tasman Sea

CUNTS for short.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thatbastardken posted:

hey uh unrelated but where is your avatar from? i haven't read the phantom in a while but i doubt it got that cool.

the picture is from the cover of the current comic issue. i haven't read it yet but when i saw the art i was like "yes, this is perfect for the dumb joke i want"

there are two Phantoms because it's part of a line of Swedish stories that are set in the future where the current guy has gone missing so his twin kids have to act as the Phantom

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011

$3.75? That's a bloody outrage

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I thought the phantom was just a newspaper comic strip. And a Billy Zane movie I vividly remember only one thing from from when I was little, where a guy fiddles with the focus on a booby trapped microscope and gets razor blades jammed in his eyeballs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkBmLiDPbxQ

It was an Indiana Jonesy style adventure! Too much!

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 4, 2020

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

The Peccadillo posted:

It was an Indiana Jonesy style adventure! Too much!

did you miss the bits of indiana jones where people get their faces melted and hearts ripped out?

Homora Gaykemi posted:

the picture is from the cover of the current comic issue. i haven't read it yet but when i saw the art i was like "yes, this is perfect for the dumb joke i want"

there are two Phantoms because it's part of a line of Swedish stories that are set in the future where the current guy has gone missing so his twin kids have to act as the Phantom

ah cheers thanks.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Having read the both the newspaper and regular versions when I was ten or so, i'm going to step up here and say the Phantom was always cool, but I shan't be double checking my memories.

90's billy zane Phantom is dreamy though, that's a bulletproof opinion

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

thatbastardken posted:

did you miss the bits of indiana jones where people get their faces melted and hearts ripped out?

First example, dope, god ripped the Nazi villain a new one. Heart ripping from temple of doom was similarly pretty traumatising as the eyeball knife trap

It's the least visually graphic, but it's the most vividly cruel and vindictive of the three

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 4, 2020

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Assessor of Maat posted:

billy zane is dreamy though, that's a bulletproof opinion

Demon Knight is his best performance ever.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Assessor of Maat posted:

Having read the both the newspaper and regular versions when I was ten or so, i'm going to step up here and say the Phantom was always cool, but I shan't be double checking my memories.

Sammy J's live show with a thread around his lifelong love of The Phantom was great, did anyone else see it?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Not auspol, but I'm redoing my NSW rego, if I get the inspection done early, does this mean my rego starts early? or can you just get it done before the rego due date and it goes for the full calendar year when the current one expires as long as you have completed everything.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wow you have to get your car checked before re-rego in nsw?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I know it's fuckin wild

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only if it's older than 5 years if I recall right. I need to check cause I think mine is coming up to that point and I've never had to get a pink slip here before.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Zenithe posted:

Not auspol, but I'm redoing my NSW rego, if I get the inspection done early, does this mean my rego starts early? or can you just get it done before the rego due date and it goes for the full calendar year when the current one expires as long as you have completed everything.
Your check just needs to be done before you re-register. The rego date is the one on the paperwork.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Peccadillo posted:

I thought the phantom was just a newspaper comic strip.

It's mainly that, yeah. The Australian comic is a mix of compiling newspaper strips and publishing translated stories created by European comic books with the rare original locally created story.

Assessor of Maat posted:

Like anything else that's been around for 80 odd years there's a lot of really good stuff and some less good stuff and everything in between

There's definitely a bit of racist white saviour stuff inherent in the premise, but eh

Assessor of Maat posted:

Between him and Catherine Zeta Jones, it's a vital piece of the bisexual canon

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cartoon posted:

And the national leader. Seems Australians relish the feel of the authoritarian boot on the neck. Will be interesting to see what happens after the actual crisis has past and the internal whinger kicks back in.

Also beet I mainly reply to you because I have everyone else on ignore.

I’m surprised you took me off!

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So the meat works that got the covid 19 cluster is also a labour doner, and they did not want to name them incase they pulled their support

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

JBP posted:

Man we are actually going to do this Aus NZ covid zone thing aren't we.

Can't wait for Trump to decide he wants in on the Covid free travel zone once the US stops testing and the number of cases drops over night.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is the cpsu good

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

We're bubblers now

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Extremely cursed post. The comments are brain melting.

https://www.facebook.com/LibDemAus/photos/a.379420617671/10157783214332672/

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Stevefin posted:

So the meat works that got the covid 19 cluster is also a labour doner, and they did not want to name them incase they pulled their support

Ease up there Matthew Guy

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ahem.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Meat for Rorts

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Anidav posted:

Meat for Rorts

Meatgate

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Last time I checked it was still called Goatse

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

hooman posted:

Extremely cursed post. The comments are brain melting.

A Moron posted:

Time to take the sledgehammer to our social security, Medicare and taxation systems. The three biggest obstacles to eliminating debt in Australia.

Yep, on the edge of a possible depression, now is the best time to dismantle our social safety nets. Eat the rich?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Poor taste to refer to Scott Morrison as 'A Moron'

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

chaser lowtax posted:

is the cpsu good

communist party of the Soviet Union? da :ussr:

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

chaser lowtax posted:

is the cpsu good

Collectively they have all the militancy of a wet lettuce but that's on the membership - you do get the occasional firebrand delegate, but they never rise through the ranks to GC.

Still, they're better than the alternative of nothing.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
ELIMINATE DEBT

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Resident Idiot posted:

Collectively they have all the militancy of a wet lettuce but that's on the membership - you do get the occasional firebrand delegate, but they never rise through the ranks to GC.

Still, they're better than the alternative of nothing.

cool

who else would cover ato workers? I had to do a preengagement form which i think means i basically have the job

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
These are the demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

chaser lowtax posted:

is the cpsu good

Yeah in general very good. Depends on numbers at your dept or workplace of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Anidav posted:

Who cares about months anymore

I do. Word cloud for April: