Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Redd is on my island and all of his art is fake, goddammit this is why art is the shittiest loving thing in these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Redd hasn't visited again a single time since the ship opened for me. I can already tell that collecting art is gonna suck. At least one of my villagers sent me a genuine painting in the mail.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Funky Valentine posted:

Redd is on my island and all of his art is fake, goddammit this is why art is the shittiest loving thing in these games.

I'm so desperate for statues that I wouldn't care if it's fake if he had any at this point. I also really want the fake Mona Lisa.

I love Sundays in Animal Crossing. My friends and I don't have anything going on so there's little incentive to visit leaving me with the only time I can terraform or decorate my island. I usually don't play that long on weekdays and an hour can go by quickly with lonely quarantined folks. Love how this game also makes me socially exhausted at times just like how I used the feel before the plague.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Would love to come raid that fake art stash if you feel like opening up. Will bring you a bushel of hybrid roses!

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Rodeo is crafting the Blue Rose Crown!

Please ignore the island decor. I’ve been leaving crap out to try to get my fifth star.

If you do stop by I’d appreciate it if you could water the numbered plots in the upper-east side of town, north of the residential homes. Particularly the white roses in plot I.

Dodo code: GC11H

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dren posted:

just spoil a turnip with time travel, they show up on spoiled turnips like right away

:negative:

Had spoiled turnips for over a week now and ONLY ANTS

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Muffy is in boxes if anyone wants a goth lolita sheep!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Johnny Truant posted:

:negative:

Had spoiled turnips for over a week now and ONLY ANTS

I think you need free space around the spoiled turnip because of the ant trail. But they are always there for me, 100% of the time.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

FrickenMoron posted:

I think you need free space around the spoiled turnip because of the ant trail. But they are always there for me, 100% of the time.

Yeah, I've only found ants on my spoiled turnips. No flies. I don't want ants...

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Funky Valentine posted:

On the flipside, I just got Redd again the other day, and three of the four art pieces were genuine.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah, I've only found ants on my spoiled turnips. No flies. I don't want ants...

You get flies from trash like cans and tires.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

EatTheRich is open while I fart around! Southern hemisphere, sunny weather. Vic is in boxes if anyone is interested. I have too many fossils. Please take some. I don't even give a gently caress if you're taking them to sell. Please don't shake my money trees :toot:

Dodo code: 80F9P

Nook's has a climbing wall, rattan chair, Tesla electric thing, and a mini cactus set. Turnips are doodoo.

Saharah is here! She has a laboratory wall, palace tile, simple small black mat(small rug), yellow vinyl sheet(medium rug), and a blue argyle rug(large rug).

Able's is closed at the moment since I'm in EST so who knows what they'll have!

Forgive the random poo poo and half finished projects, that's how my brain works when I'm in the terraforming zone, ha! No tips necessary but I'd love drawrings/comments on my message board, hybrid flowers, pinecones, or anything you think is neat! Oh, watering my flowers would be cool! Mostly just the tulips in the NW or the roses out West.

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 4, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

elf help book posted:

You get flies from trash like cans and tires.

Had trash out as well and no flies :sigh:

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

This works but takes a while from my experience. I had a can and a boot or two laying out on my beach and I feel like it was chilling there for five days or so before I saw a fly.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Johnny Truant posted:

I've had flies spawn on dropped tires/cans as well as on turnips, they're very rare on turnips and can spawn along with the ants.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

redcheval posted:

This works but takes a while from my experience. I had a can and a boot or two laying out on my beach and I feel like it was chilling there for five days or so before I saw a fly.

I saw a fly once from the air landing back in my village when I was coming back from someone's island, and once right as I pressed the button to enter nooks cranny

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Set a can or a tire near your front door of your house somewhere that isn't immediately adjacent to it and you'll have a good chance of a fly every time you leave your house. They seemed to spawn less often on boots for me, and DIY made from trash (i.e. the trash bags) never spawned a single fly.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

The fly can be hard to spot on the turnip as well with the ants around. Just took this right now.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

yeah i got a can and a tire right behind my house

i actually don't have a boot and haven't seen one in ages, hm

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Anyone feel like coming to Ruby Isle? Gates are open. Sahara is in town, there is free stuff at the camp site.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

BattyKiara posted:

Anyone feel like coming to Ruby Isle? Gates are open. Sahara is in town, there is free stuff at the camp site.

I'm always down for Sahara. Especially since I got Leif for the 2nd day.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

This stupid bastard bitchass Lion has now asked if he can move in and swap places with:

Zucker
Goose
Zucker again
Apple
Eugene
Apple again

Will I never be rid of Rocket? What must I do???

I am pretty much 100% on it being random at this point. For over a month Rocket has been living in a walled-off fenced off area and she has not once seemed anything other than bright and chipper. Meanwhile I've had villagers I speak to often exhibit the sad bubble.

FYI, I just learned that if a villager you like has a sad bubble, it's best not to talk to them at all. The following day, the sad bubble will have moved to someone else.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Calico Heart posted:

This stupid bastard bitchass Lion has now asked if he can move in and swap places with:

Zucker
Goose
Zucker again
Apple
Eugene
Apple again

Will I never be rid of Rocket? What must I do???

I am pretty much 100% on it being random at this point. For over a month Rocket has been living in a walled-off fenced off area and she has not once seemed anything other than bright and chipper. Meanwhile I've had villagers I speak to often exhibit the sad bubble.

FYI, I just learned that if a villager you like has a sad bubble, it's best not to talk to them at all. The following day, the sad bubble will have moved to someone else.

Elvis? He got kicked from my Island by another villager recently and he left an aquarius urn in the trash box so I'm quite happy about that.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The Dell is open for visitors!

Code: HD13Y

Groucho is crafting raccoon figurine (back row, furthest right in neighboorhood)

Angus is crafting iron armor (second row of neighborhood, second house from left)

Nooks: 1x rattan stool (gray), unlimited Baby bear (brown) & Revolving Spice Reck (red); cabinet has beach & strawberry umbrellas as well as roses + windflowers + tulips

Ables: Music fest shirts, samurai shirts, tuxedo jackets, welding masks, bekasab robes, biker jackets, mountain parkas, bomber style skirts, outdoor hats, pompadour wigs, racing helmets, pilot shades (aviators!), and more!

Leif is here with azaleas & tea-olives, as well as cosmos and hyacinths

Also have DIYs available (beach to the right of airport, under the boardwalk):
Cherry wall, pan flute, tiki torch, natural garden chair, coconut wall planter

I would super appreciate it if you watered some stuff! I dropped watering cans all over the place, but in particular anything blue or purple, the rose garden left of the boardwalk, and the flowers in the hedges to the right of Ables would be awesome!!

kumba fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 4, 2020

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
I need an ammonite for my museum, but all my other bones must go! Hot and wild bones just for you!

CLOSED

If you need bones, I’ve got bones! All bones west of the airport are free!

e: Bone party complete. Thanks, everyone.

The Manticore fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 4, 2020

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

kumba posted:

The Dell is open for visitors!

Code: HD13Y

Groucho is crafting raccoon figurine (back row, furthest right in neighboorhood)

Nooks: 1x rattan stool (gray), unlimited Baby bear (brown) & Revolving Spice Reck (red); cabinet has beach & strawberry umbrellas as well as roses + windflowers + tulips

Ables: Music fest shirts, samurai shirts, tuxedo jackets, welding masks, bekasab robes, biker jackets, mountain parkas, bomber style skirts, outdoor hats, pompadour wigs, racing helmets, pilot shades (aviators!), and more!

Leif is here with azaleas & tea-olives, as well as cosmos and hyacinths

Also have DIYs available (beach to the right of airport, under the boardwalk):
Cherry wall, pan flute, tiki torch, natural garden chair, coconut wall planter

I would super appreciate it if you watered some stuff! I dropped watering cans all over the place, but in particular anything blue or purple, the rose garden left of the boardwalk, and the flowers in the hedges to the right of Ables would be awesome!!

It's raining, so no watering necessary?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The watering from others still should help the flowers spread / produce hybrids.

Edit: Also your place is crazy popular atm haha, at least I got the recipe so thank you!

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Johnny Truant posted:

EatTheRich is open while I fart around! Southern hemisphere, sunny weather.
Got my very last fossil I needed from the pile, thanks so much!
I left you my Dipper Hat in Able’s to match your Mable Sweater.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Matcha is open once again here in TYOOL 2020.

It’s raining a whole lot.

95CLT (ironically, this was my nickname in high school)

Nook’s has unlimited magazines, and fortune-telling sets. Limited electric guitars, cones, and that shrimp toy we all had as children, but found out a super racist created it. Flower bags are windflowers, hyacinths, and mums.

Able’s has paper bag masks, bulldog jackets, business suit coats, groovy tunics, casual pants, Pharaoh’s outfit, denim caps, facial masks, Tiara hair, gas masks, and some more stuff. Listing all that stuff was tiresome, please don’t ask me to do more. please.

I don’t wanna list everything Kicks has, so here’s two pictures.

95CLT

Watering: There’s a garden immediate after the stone bridge to the north, then a ramp to another garden, which then has a ramp to another garden. Please help me water them! :)

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Bungusland is closed for now.

Redd has the fake Venus de Milo GONE but still has fake 'detailed painting' and fake 'quaint painting'
- Best way to reach Redd is to head straight north all the way up, up the stairs to my house, then go to the hidden cliff all the way behind (the right of) my house (go behind the wind turbines)

Raddle is handing out DIY recipes for zen-style stone (Japanese gravestone)
- Head north and turn right at the sign, he's past the star-shaped pond/northeast of Resident Services

Able's has noble dresses, noble pants, football helmets. Nook's has little of interest.

Dodo code CLOSED

No tips or items wanted. Leave a drawing on my board if you wish!

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 4, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My wife loves the game lol, she played it for hours last night on day 1 just wandering around and fishing. It sucks a lot that player 2 can't do anything of real value in local co-op or even on their own since all progression is tied to the first player to start the game ever though. At least I can eventually mail her my fish?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

glassyalabolas posted:

It's raining, so no watering necessary?

raining just replaces my own watering, the visitor bonus still works in the rain! watering isn't necessary at all but i appreciate it! :)

also Groucho stopped making the raccoon figurine in less than an hour for some reason??
but Angus is now crafting iron armor, post updated!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

The Manticore posted:

I need an ammonite for my museum, but all my other bones must go! Hot and wild bones just for you!

DQ07K

If you need bones, I’ve got bones! All bones west of the airport are free!

Thanks for the bones! Now I only need three more to finish that part of my museum!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

kumba posted:

raining just replaces my own watering, the visitor bonus still works in the rain! watering isn't necessary at all but i appreciate it! :)

also Groucho stopped making the raccoon figurine in less than an hour for some reason??
but Angus is now crafting iron armor, post updated!

Luckily I managed to get both. Thanks for opening, I watered whatever blue/purple flower i could spot! Really interesting island layout too, I'm always amazed what people come up with.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I want to make a sort of lounge/karaoke area, and at least have the potential for villagers to sing in there. From what I understand, since villagers kinda congregate around resident services, you’d want to build it around there to increase the chance of them randomly wandering in. Is that accurate? If I build this somewhere else, that will reduce the chance of catching villagers in there?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

EatTheRich is open while I fart around! Southern hemisphere, sunny weather. Vic is in boxes if anyone is interested. I have too many fossils. Please take some. I don't even give a gently caress if you're taking them to sell. Please don't shake my money trees :toot:

Dodo code: closed for now

Nook's has a climbing wall, rattan chair, Tesla electric thing, and a mini cactus set. Turnips are doodoo.

Saharah is here! She has a laboratory wall, palace tile, simple small black mat(small rug), yellow vinyl sheet(medium rug), and a blue argyle rug(large rug).

Able's is closed at the moment since I'm in EST so who knows what they'll have!

Forgive the random poo poo and half finished projects, that's how my brain works when I'm in the terraforming zone, ha! No tips necessary but I'd love drawrings/comments on my message board, hybrid flowers, pinecones, or anything you think is neat! Oh, watering my flowers would be cool! Mostly just the tulips in the NW or the roses out West.

well someone just had a comms error so this is a good enough time to take a break. probably be open later today!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

MissMarple posted:

Got my very last fossil I needed from the pile, thanks so much!
I left you my Dipper Hat in Able’s to match your Mable Sweater.

:bubblewoop: I'm glad those fossils helped! I haven't gotten a new one in about a week I think...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yay! I got one of the haunted paintings from Redd! Now I can put it in my basement rec room, seems like a super safe thing to do!

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Johnny Truant posted:

:bubblewoop: I'm glad those fossils helped! I haven't gotten a new one in about a week I think...
If there’s any in particular you are looking for, let me know. I feel like I’ve got a dupe of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

RBA Starblade posted:

My wife loves the game lol, she played it for hours last night on day 1 just wandering around and fishing. It sucks a lot that player 2 can't do anything of real value in local co-op or even on their own since all progression is tied to the first player to start the game ever though. At least I can eventually mail her my fish?

No you can't, lol