Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Time to reopen everything

one of these things is contagious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1257273801127022592

I don't know when I'll feel safe getting on a plane again, lmao

Also, "easily canceled"

There is no real downside to southwest's CEO lying, if you get it on a plane it takes a median of 5 days for symptoms to appear so it's not like you can prove that it came from your plane trip.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I was genuinely planning on getting a new job and moving this summer, now there's probably no way that's happening

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Try living in the Midwest

Also "own" means "has giant mortgage"

yeah ive still got 22 years left on mine

i doubt i will still be alive in 22 years lmao

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

mad.radhu posted:

Yeah, unemployment infects the rest of the workers with sloth :smuggo:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Weird how we don't care about any of these problems until one of them goes out of control and fucks up the economy. Now everything except the thing that hosed up the economy is also Super Important and therefore we can't address any of it, back to work.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Feldegast42 posted:

Its mind boggling that in the age of streaming people are going to go nuts if the next series of marvel movies aren't coming out

Like I have literal decades worth of stuff I can watch just on Netflix

How much of it on Netflix is worth watching though?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I'm reading some dumb article and this:

quote:

— Arrows on the ground, and other physical markers to encourage and enforce distance. Imagine sidewalks with scoring every 6 feet (2 meters) so those walking could make sure they’re the human equivalent of a few car lengths behind. Or large sculptures deployed to separate people.

I'm not the first person to say it but I hate that everyone latched onto the magic 6 feet thing. ESPECIALLY walking down a loving sidewalk.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

mad.radhu posted:

True, suicide can be treated through social policy handling it like an infectious disease

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Netflix started putting some actual good movies on recently like naked gun and airplane

Also everyone should watch "happy!" and z nation especially if you need something dumb to be playing in the background

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Almost all of those things can be prevented with UBI, nationalized healthcare, and robust safety nets.

Concern trolling at its finest.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Iron Crowned posted:

How much of it on Netflix is worth watching though?

They have more than you'd think, namely Scott Adkins movies. Extraction isn't bad either

My Big Movie Advice is to make a justwatch list of like 100 movies then filter by the service you want to use (or multiple) since about 10-20% of the movies you want to see will be on any given service (with kanopy/hoopla, the free library ones, having the most)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I'm not the first person to say it but I hate that everyone latched onto the magic 6 feet thing. ESPECIALLY walking down a loving sidewalk.

Its hilarious you can't even come close to social distancing on sidewalks or bike paths/mups and no one cares enough to walk in the grass

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

reminder that the republicans are trying to bankrupt the post office by making it have a hundred years worth of pensions so they can completely privatize it and crush mail carriers out of spite

Rural chuds are going to come out of this paying a subscription fee to get their mail delivered to them, and they're going to think it's great lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Rural chuds are going to come out of this paying a subscription fee to get their mail delivered to them, and they're going to think it's great lol

They'll just go to the post office , my dad still does

Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

They'll just go to the post office , my dad still does

Where my grandmother lived in northern PA, that would have been a 45 minute drive.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

I haven't budged from my initial prediction that it started somewhere else and either a military or affluent travelers brought it there, on account of literally every plague being the result of military movements/training or rich people who just vacation 24/7

this is also the reason why the wrong country usually takes the blame, because it first "appears" in some area that is actually willing or able to recognize it in the first place lol

unfortunately we won't know for years and it won't matter even if it turns out it started in France or wherever

edit - this isn't out of some affection for China or anything, just that I refuse to believe it couldn't have started spreading on some US boat and broke out from there until it affected a nation that wasn't totally psychotic like we are

Well, the 2019 Military World Games took place at the end of October last year, in some obscure Chinese city called Wuhan or something.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Relevant Tangent posted:

reminder that the republicans are trying to bankrupt the post office by making it have a hundred years worth of pensions so they can completely privatize it and crush mail carriers out of spite

Trump personally wants to crush them to gently caress over Bezos, specifically.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
The Post Office is one of those great examples of republicans cutting off their nose to spite their face, because loving over the USPS specifically does enormous harm to remote rural areas that overwhelmingly vote republican.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Its hilarious you can't even come close to social distancing on sidewalks or bike paths/mups and no one cares enough to walk in the grass

I thought I read that the full guideline was don’t stand within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes. So blazing by someone on the trail is okay. I also read that way back before the cdc recommended ordinary mask wearing so maybe the 10 minutes bit was just hopeful naivete on their part also.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

a.lo posted:

yeah but i can call myself a home owner, right?

i think of myself as a temporary homeowner, at some point the bank'll try to take it back but in the meantime it's cheaper than renting

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Schnorkles posted:

The Post Office is one of those great examples of republicans cutting off their nose to spite their face, because loving over the USPS specifically does enormous harm to remote rural areas that overwhelmingly vote republican.

why do you think voters are part of the GOP that makes these decisions?

voters are just a vehicle to be able to make these decisions. they don’t give a poo poo and there’s no face they are spiting.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Schnorkles posted:

Starting to get the impression that these "republicans" don't actually care about their voters

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Try living in the Midwest

Also "own" means "has giant mortgage"

fits my needs posted:

that has a giant mortgage

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Throatwarbler posted:

Starting to get the impression that these "republicans" don't actually care about their voters

its basically been shown over and over again that as long as you hurt the other guy more, white people will eagerly cheer the government loving them over

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Throatwarbler posted:

It's not dead (unless you are a shareholder, which I think was just some other private equity fund anyway), the creditors own it now and are going to keep it running.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1257273801127022592

I don't know when I'll feel safe getting on a plane again, lmao

Also, "easily canceled"

"Oh god, please start buying tickets again"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nothus posted:

A friend of mine had to travel to go home and sent a picture of the nearest international airport where she flew out of.

It was a ghost town. I've never seen anything like it.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/nicole_hong/status/1257302062796333056
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257283775375040512
:smugdon:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

There is no real downside to southwest's CEO lying, if you get it on a plane it takes a median of 5 days for symptoms to appear so it's not like you can prove that it came from your plane trip.

Listen, what's a little lie here or there? Our big smooth president does it and he's beloved by all of his large adult worshipers who are very much alive and healthy and by no means being stacked up in that uhaul behind the piggly wiggly

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Schnorkles posted:

Republicans hate their base more than they hate anyone else. You're Ted Cruz and you know that the only people who will ever vote for you are shithead idiots who you are going to spend the rest of your life placating so you can enrich yourself. Your job is to convince them you're serving them and if someone ever comes along who is more racist than you they'll take your job. It breeds resentment that you can't ever express except in doing things like killing the post office.

Apr 7, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

Republicans hate their base more than they hate anyone else. You're Ted Cruz and you know that the only people who will ever vote for you are shithead idiots who you are going to spend the rest of your life placating so you can enrich yourself. Your job is to convince them you're serving them and if someone ever comes along who is more racist than you they'll take your job. It breeds resentment that you can't ever express except in doing things like killing the post office.

thinking about that iowa rally where Trump said he loved stupid people and they cheered for that lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Woofer posted:

why do you think voters are part of the GOP that makes these decisions?

voters are just a vehicle to be able to make these decisions. they don’t give a poo poo and there’s no face they are spiting.

actually they do it because it hurts their voters because Republicans are Evil in a metaphysical sense

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Schnorkles posted:

A friend of mine had to travel to go home and sent a picture of the nearest international airport where she flew out of.

It was a ghost town. I've never seen anything like it.

I drove by Newark airport and seeing the apron basically empty was crazy.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Relevant Tangent posted:

actually they do it because it hurts their voters because Republicans are Evil in a metaphysical sense

i guess if you’re not getting hosed over or not loving someone else over (sometimes at the same time) then you’re not working hard enough

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Nothus posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/delta-ceo-business-will-take-two-to-three-years-to-recover-from-coronavirus.html

quote:

Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian told employees Wednesday that it could take two to three years for the airline’s business to recover from the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

The airline is carrying about 5% of its normal passenger loads, Bastian told CNBC in an interview, as demand for air travel has nearly disappeared because of the virus and measures to stop it from spreading such as stay-at-home orders.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thinking about that iowa rally where Trump said he loved stupid people and they cheered for that lol

I like when he said that they have huge turds

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Yeah or walking down the hall in the office. These people think they have a 6foot protective bubble around them and don't need to wear a mask in the office. I hate working in an office with like 95% dumb rural chuds.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's because TRIMO was talking about those other stupid people