Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

telling chuds that support lockdown protests to “Do what cops say and stop resisting. #BlueLivesMatter and if you don’t support LEOs then gtfo of my country you fascist liberal” is goddamn hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Anachronist posted:

I thought I read that the full guideline was don’t stand within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes. So blazing by someone on the trail is okay. I also read that way back before the cdc recommended ordinary mask wearing so maybe the 10 minutes bit was just hopeful naivete on their part also.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1257318564056444928?s=20

lol

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Relevant Tangent posted:

Republicans hate their base more than they hate anyone else. You're Ted Cruz and you know that the only people who will ever vote for you are shithead idiots who you are going to spend the rest of your life placating so you can enrich yourself. Your job is to convince them you're serving them and if someone ever comes along who is more racist than you they'll take your job. It breeds resentment that you can't ever express except in doing things like killing the post office.

I'm going deeper and saying that they just want to close down the one in their talking point of "all Bernie did was name a post office!"

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Mother fucker, he was just saying NY doesn't need additional ventilators while this nightmare ramped up.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

MadJackal posted:

Mother fucker, he was just saying NY doesn't need additional ventilators while this nightmare ramped up.

Trump rewriting history on Twitter?

wow, jaw on floor.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Relevant Tangent posted:

Republicans hate their base more than they hate anyone else. You're Ted Cruz and you know that the only people who will ever vote for you are shithead idiots who you are going to spend the rest of your life placating so you can enrich yourself. Your job is to convince them you're serving them and if someone ever comes along who is more racist than you they'll take your job. It breeds resentment that you can't ever express except in doing things like killing the post office.

roger waters wrote the wall to describe how much he hated his fans

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/MichaelDoudna/status/1257049515946725376
ducebag is a dumb-a-crap

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

How much of it on Netflix is worth watching though?

There's quite a lot of good stuff, especially if you can region-hop with VPN. The hard part is finding it since their algorithm really wants everyone to watch the same small number of shows. There are sites that crawl Netflix and list all the content in A-Z format. Same for Prime, which has way more content in the UK than Netflix.

Every time I open Netflix it keeps recommending I watch their new coronavirus documentary, but I really don't need to be more anxious than I already am.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Yeah, and add this to the list of things people now believe "help"

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257304527843110914

I'm soooooo happy we have such a classic tweet from our president who was sending people positive for covid-19 back to various countries just last week!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://www.apple.com/covid19/mobility

:shepicide:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I need this

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Schnorkles posted:

The Post Office is one of those great examples of republicans cutting off their nose to spite their face, because loving over the USPS specifically does enormous harm to remote rural areas that overwhelmingly vote republican.

that won't actually hurt the GOP because those voters will happily keep voting against their own best interests just as they have since Reagan's time

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I bought one of those last year. Not that model but I don't think I paid more than about $20.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

My work uses one of these:

Taken from the test department. It's not exactly designed for taking human body temperatures, so it tends to get readings of 69-92 :newlol:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

BMX Ninja posted:

I bought one of those last year. Not that model but I don't think I paid more than about $20.

Comfortable task chairs went through the roof once people started working from home en masse too.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Mayor Dave posted:

I was genuinely planning on getting a new job and moving this summer, now there's probably no way that's happening

same. every once in a while i look at my todo list from the before times just to laugh about the stuff i worried about.

like "upload resume to personal site" lmfao dude i'm tracking bean supply chains over here

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Wonder if there is anyone who has millions of iphones laying around and might want to start asking them all for directions with their GPS spoofing places in the US. Just add some fuel to the fire and all.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Spains GDP per capita is $20k lower than the US and they are getting UBI and we are getting a one time payment of $1200*

*maybe, if youre not too rich, too poor or an immigrant

Can't be Puerto Rican either!

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
big news: the right wing protestors aren't protesting along political lines or anything, they're just angry at girls

https://twitter.com/JHagner/status/1257004626215395328?s=19

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Comfortable task chairs went through the roof once people started working from home en masse too.

I had to buy a webcam for zoom poo poo and it was stupidly expensive

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

mad.radhu posted:

big news: the right wing protestors aren't protesting along political lines or anything, they're just angry at girls

https://twitter.com/JHagner/status/1257004626215395328?s=19

if women didn’t have babies would we be going through a pandemic right now?

exactly.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
lemme tell you hiring in this poo poo is a complete disaster

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
this is gonna get used to justify so much bad poo poo

https://twitter.com/FenitN/status/1257315351932461059

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/business/status/1257325128045809664?s=21

can’t wait for the war on Christmas coverage to start

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

BMX Ninja posted:

There's quite a lot of good stuff, especially if you can region-hop with VPN. The hard part is finding it since their algorithm really wants everyone to watch the same small number of shows. There are sites that crawl Netflix and list all the content in A-Z format. Same for Prime, which has way more content in the UK than Netflix.

Every time I open Netflix it keeps recommending I watch their new coronavirus documentary, but I really don't need to be more anxious than I already am.

The best coronavirus documentary is a show called Medical Police and it kicks rear end

https://i.imgur.com/WWlm0EZ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/SWxchkh.gifv

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Schnorkles posted:

lemme tell you hiring in this poo poo is a complete disaster

I have a friend who just got hired, and he went through at least 12 zoom calls and had an in-person interview that was conducted 12 feet apart with masks on.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Anachronist posted:

I thought I read that the full guideline was don’t stand within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes. So blazing by someone on the trail is okay. I also read that way back before the cdc recommended ordinary mask wearing so maybe the 10 minutes bit was just hopeful naivete on their part also.

The whole thing is frustrating because it's useless guidance. Hell, no one even know what six feet away even is. But beyond that, the bus and restaurant studies showed that no one has a loving clue how this thing is spreading, and everyone should be considering every action they take as a risk

Go outside ? A risk. No mask? Risk. Go near someone? Risk. Go near someone really quickly then not? Still a risk

Instead it's just like oh we have a magic number of 6 feet and 10 minutes based on a guess and lets treat that as gospel because we don't want to actually change our behavior the tiniest bit since we're selfish and prefer not to think about anything like that

I'm probably going to the grocery store today because I'm going to the school lunch pickup first and will have gear on, but you can be drat sure I won't go anywhere near anyone in the store and will yell at people who get near me just like I yell at people in the quiet car when they talk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Immigration, and flights from China.

neither of those things happened also

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
All of the trails in town have big signs with stuff like

stay six feet apart
walk single file with six feet trailing space
wear masks
stay to the right
get off the trail if you need to stop moving
keep dogs on four foot leashes

And basically no one follows it

Whole families going for a walk and taking the whole trail up because they have to walk like the avengers shoulder to shoulder and they DO NOT yield to oncoming traffic

People walking their babies in strollers as their dog runs all over the place

old people huffing and puffing and bellowing hellos at you while maskless

Apr 7, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

All of the trails in town have big signs with stuff like

stay six feet apart
walk single file with six feet trailing space
wear masks
stay to the right
get off the trail if you need to stop moving
keep dogs on four foot leashes

And basically no one follows it

Whole families going for a walk and taking the whole trail up because they have to walk like the avengers shoulder to shoulder and they DO NOT yield to oncoming traffic

People walking their babies in strollers as their dog runs all over the place

old people huffing and puffing and bellowing hellos at you while maskless
people absolutely refuse to ride or walk in single file in the best of times. it's like a personal challenge for some people to expect them to move in single file so you can pass, or even just staying right so the opposite direction can move along. With the poo poo going on now, I've just taken to driving to the middle of nowhere for trail access.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol just like don't go hit up the trails my bro

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Do you think the corona strokes still let us smell burnt toast or does corona causing us to lose our sense of smell rob us of that tiny pleasure before death or brain damage?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

people absolutely refuse to ride or walk in single file in the best of times. it's like a personal challenge for some people to expect them to move in single file so you can pass, or even just staying right so the opposite direction can move along. With the poo poo going on now, I've just taken to driving to the middle of nowhere for trail access.

i loving hate assholes that don't walk single file on hiking trails

also, the fact that my gf and i instinctively walk single file on trails and rage when people we pass don't is yet another reason why she's awesome

Apr 7, 2003

Google Butt posted:

there's nowhere else safe to ride, drivers around here love trying to murder cyclists

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

there's nowhere else safe to ride, drivers around here love trying to murder cyclists

Buy a jump rope

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Google Butt posted:

or do, but hike the ones that are super out of the way and not inundated with hundreds of people not practicing social distancing right now

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

euphronius posted:

neither of those things happened also

The domestic media leaves out that Air China, China Southern, Hainan, etc. continued flying to the US long after the alleged "travel ban" because they don't want to give Americans the impression that China has the world's second largest civil aviation fleet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Gringostar posted:

i loving hate assholes that don't walk single file on hiking trails

also, the fact that my gf and i instinctively walk single file on trails and rage when people we pass don't is yet another reason why she's awesome

we rode a section of the Great Allegheny Passage this weekend and when we rolled into Connellsville everyone was out without a care in the world and there was a parade going on. Some youngish kids with expensive-rear end carbon-frame Cannondales stopped to read the sign and said "IT SAYS WE HAVE TO RIDE SINGLE FILE" and decided to say gently caress it and just rode through town taking the whole goddamn path up.