Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Loosing half his personal legion and Rex in the closing hours of the war had to hurt too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1257339618099441664?s=20

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vinylshadow posted:

Can we have Hondo stumble into the World Between Worlds, go back in time to the era of the High Republic, then bump into Yoda, causing him to be late to a meeting and create an entirely new continuity of Star Wars?

Hondo's Excellent Adventure.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Funky Valentine posted:

Hondo's Excellent Adventure.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Love the walking away into a triangle shape mirror imagery.

EDIT:
Something that struck me as very odd: Why are the clones talking about "Darth Sidious" rather than "Emperor Palpatine"?

Dave Syndrome fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 4, 2020

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Dave Syndrome posted:

Love the walking away into a triangle shape mirror imagery.

EDIT:
Something that struck me as very odd: Why are the clones talking about "Darth Sidious" rather than "Emperor Palpatine"?

He wasn't officially Emperor yet.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thom12255 posted:

The question is why they even know that name. What would the be purpose behind imprinting them with that information?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ego?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Palpatine's hologram lingers for two seconds with a displeased expression after Rex calls him Sidious; even he was surprised that Rex knew that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Some great animation on Vader at the end there. There's a real gingerness to how he dusts off Ahsoka's lightsaber and handles it when he picks it up that's very out of character and very poignant.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Buck wild that we got brand new character models for Vader, Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers. I think back to the early days when we only had like 3 alien heads to fill out crowds, and then we get new models for a little coda scene like that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

We're never getting an animated Star Wars that looks this good again, are we? That was one of the toughest things to swallow about Rebels, it just looked like loving puke.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Thom12255 posted:

Oops, you're right. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine then. Anyway, the clones knowing about the Sith is an extremely weird turn. With that many Star Wars nerds working on the show, I don't think it's an oversight.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

General Dog posted:

We're never getting an animated Star Wars that looks this good again, are we?

Not sure. After all, they put quite a bit of money into the show. I can definitely see them not wanting to let the assets go to waste and add little side stories in the coming years.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Palpatine's hologram lingers for two seconds with a displeased expression after Rex calls him Sidious; even he was surprised that Rex knew that.

That didn't register with me, but it makes the most sense. I forgot, was Rex present for the Darth Sidious discussion earlier in the arc?

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

General Dog posted:

We're never getting an animated Star Wars that looks this good again, are we? That was one of the toughest things to swallow about Rebels, it just looked like loving puke.

I just wonder if we’ll even get another animated series as rumored.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

That was some top-notch Star Warsing, and I fervently hope that we'll be seeing more Giorgio Moroder being injected into future scores.

Dr. Gaius Baltar
Mar 12, 2008

I've been framed!

General Dog posted:

The question is why they even know that name. What would the be purpose behind imprinting them with that information?

Imagine if Palpatine had been put on trial as a Sith Lord. The trial is being broadcast throughout the galaxy. The Jedi prosecutor is like "You are the Sith Lord, Darth Sidious", and he smirks and says "Yes you're right, I am Darth Sidious. Execute Order 66." All across the galaxy, clone troopers receive and retransmit the order, Jedi start getting shot.

He's still Darth Sidious even if he's removed from office, as the Jedi were trying to do. Still capable of issuing orders to the clone army to exterminate the Jedi Order, or whatever other secret orders he can issue. So this way, the control chips aren't dependent upon Palpatine being Supreme Chancellor.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

General Dog posted:

Once I got used to the style, I loved its art direction, especially incorporating old concept art designs like White Fett being turned into a Mando Supercommando

Meanwhile Resistance didn't look good until they dimmed down the lights and did more stuff set in space - The Missing Agent and Breakout were some of the best-looking episodes of that series

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Arcsquad12 posted:

How about we don't go back to Rebels? Leave that where it is and do something new. I'm all for a Rise of the Empire show but it would have to deal with the impact of an immediate aftermath of the clone wars rather than jumping to the rebellion era again.

Something without Jedi for a change. I feel that Disney star wars is at its best when it is doing something new, which is why Mandalorian is great fun and the Clone Wars finale was so good. Order 66 has had numerous depictions but treating it in such a personal manner that the finale did was pretty unique. But I think we need to step away from the Jedi and the Force for a while and do something else.

I'm still waiting on my starfighter tv series, Dave. Give me Rogues or give me death. Hell, give me Confederate remnants who joined the CIS for independence reasons rather than their primary MIC backers and show them forming the first rebellion in the weeks after the clone wars ended, fighting a losing battle as the Empire mops up the remaining separatists who suddenly lack the power of a trillions strong droid army.

poo poo, I wanted what Resistance was originally described as; Macross with X-Wings.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

General Dog posted:

It got a lot better as the show went on. I still don’t like the thin sabers, McQuarrie concept art be damned.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

General Dog posted:

Some great animation on Vader at the end there. There's a real gingerness to how he dusts off Ahsoka's lightsaber and handles it when he picks it up that's very out of character and very poignant.

This is part of what broke me down completely. It's such a great scene that shows so much of the history and development of Anakin's and Ahsoka's characters. When he ignited the saber, the imagery of full-on Vader brandishing a blue bladed lightsaber was really just something else. More so since it's the saber of his former padawan, given to her by him in their last exchange. I get goosebumps just thinking about it, it's so loving good.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Even after the gripping stuff in the previous episode, the escape was some tense loving poo poo.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Madurai posted:

Even after the gripping stuff in the previous episode, the escape was some tense loving poo poo.

For two characters we know survive, that was an incredibly tense sequence.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/1257426637429379072

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dave Syndrome posted:

Oops, you're right. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine then. Anyway, the clones knowing about the Sith is an extremely weird turn. With that many Star Wars nerds working on the show, I don't think it's an oversight.

I'm watching Revenge of the Sith right now and a couple of the clones immediately jump to YES MY LORD so it might be baked in the chip somewhere.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My Lord isn't really that out of line for deferral to a Supreme leader.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always preferred the idea that the Clones were unaware of their orders. Some media, like Battlefront 2's solo campaign suggested that the Clones knew all along what was going on and that just is mean. I'm glad that was made non-canon now.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

One more note that I wouldn’t have minded seeing was the final shutdown of the droid armies, since they were such a constant presence, but I can see why there wasn’t really a place to fit that in.

At least we have that rebels episode where they team up with Rex.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

twistedmentat posted:

I always preferred the idea that the Clones were unaware of their orders. Some media, like Battlefront 2's solo campaign suggested that the Clones knew all along what was going on and that just is mean. I'm glad that was made non-canon now.

I honestly prefer them knowing what was going to happen. It's a dilemma of loyalty to friends or loyalty to the state. And the clones are ultimately soldiers while the Jedi are not. Some definitely take the moral stand and refuse the order while others follow orders to the letter.

I don't know how anyone could listen to Tem Morrison's narration in Battlefront 2 and not see the layers to it when he's discussing clone reactions to Order 66.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/Rodriguez/status/1257478516595032064

gently caress yeah.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Arcsquad12 posted:

I honestly prefer them knowing what was going to happen. It's a dilemma of loyalty to friends or loyalty to the state. And the clones are ultimately soldiers while the Jedi are not. Some definitely take the moral stand and refuse the order while others follow orders to the letter.

I don't know how anyone could listen to Tem Morrison's narration in Battlefront 2 and not see the layers to it when he's discussing clone reactions to Order 66.

I always was a fan of the Traviss interpretation of Order 66 being just one of 150 contingency orders for various circumstances. The chip still works with that; it overrides their own personal feelings toward their Jedi friends, but the order was always there "just in case"

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Sash! posted:

I'm watching Revenge of the Sith right now and a couple of the clones immediately jump to YES MY LORD so it might be baked in the chip somewhere.

Arcsquad12 posted:

In a alleged democracy and republic it would be fairly out of line.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

jisforjosh posted:

In a alleged democracy and republic it would be fairly out of line.

This is also a universe where they've got democratically elected queens, so it might not be that weird.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

There’s also that scene where Yoda refers to Palpatine as “The Emperor” even though the scene is concurrent with the one where Palpatine addresses the senate and declares himself Emperor. Maybe Yoda got a push notification from CNN.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

TheCenturion posted:

poo poo, I wanted what Resistance was originally described as; Macross with X-Wings.

poo poo, I just would have settled for Resistance being watchable in the first place

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But everyone loves exaggerated jerky animations making up for a lack of quality animation because funny! Just like we love idiot protagonists who don't take anything seriously but the rest of the cast just shakes their head at that little scamp and his wacky ways!

What do you mean Resistance is getting cancelled???

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I think the most important takeaway is that the Republic Y-wing has a shovel as part of its standard equipment loadout. You see Rex putting it back in its bracket as they're getting ready to go.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

Worked well enough for Palpatine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Madurai posted:

I think the most important takeaway is that the Republic Y-wing has a shovel as part of its standard equipment loadout. You see Rex putting it back in its bracket as they're getting ready to go.

Horton Salm miniseries when