Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I like to believe this is mostly republicans having a fit of 'NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT TO DO!' and ignoring traffic laws to own the libs and dying as a direct result

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
If anyone wants to know what a mild case of COVID progresses like.

Its itchy throat --> mild cough --> mild fever --> heavy cough --> shortness of breath --> high fever --> everything breaks but the cough which lingers for about a week after the fever breaks.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

galenanorth posted:

Two months ago, my city had 50,000 without power for 5-7 days after a tornado. Another strong storm happened last night and 80,000 are currently without power.

Over the past 50 years, Tornado Alley has drifted eastward from Kansas toward the Southeast. Strange times!

(This post was worth the battery power)

trump

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sab0921 posted:

Its itchy throat --> mild cough --> mild fever --> heavy cough --> shortness of breath --> high fever --> everything breaks but the cough which lingers for about a week after the fever breaks.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

lol 60% of guess in this thread were under that

fix your optimism c-spam

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sab0921 posted:

I hope that's what I get when I inevitably get it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

a chud talking point in Australia is that the excess motorist fatalities are all suicides by people who are so depressed by the shutdowns they can't face living anymore, therefore we should open everything up again to save lives.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mayor Dave posted:

do an intense workout then drop the sweet into the bowl of food

I want to get a jumping rope but I think my neighbors would be against it. I just can't find a workout that has kept me interested inside solo

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/radionz/status/1257444371567345666?s=19
:nz:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

facetoucher cat posted:

I want to get a jumping rope but I think my neighbors would be against it. I just can't find a workout that has kept me interested inside solo

Find a video game you enjoy and then try to beat it with a DDR pad.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

ryanrs posted:

lol 60% of guess in this thread were under that

fix your optimism c-spam

isn't the betting pool on official deaths as opposed to deaths in the world of truth?

that's why I picked a number well below 200k

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

It’s called “clearing out old inventory”

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The Department of Transportation just approved all the Suspended City Service Requests to/from Hawaii for all the major airlines. There are now officially no routes to the neighbor islands from the mainland until October, everyone has to go through HNL, and the routes going to/from HNL have also been dramatically cut. That's certainly going to have some effects.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

just dance 2020 on switch

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

galenanorth posted:

Two months ago, my city had 50,000 without power for 5-7 days after a tornado. Another strong storm happened last night and 80,000 are currently without power.

Over the past 50 years, Tornado Alley has drifted eastward from Kansas toward the Southeast. Strange times!

The southeast is going to get hammered this year and it's going to be scary AF. Stay safe and protect your beans (beans are family until you eat them so protect your family but don't eat the fleshy onez)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It’s called “clearing out old inventory”

Ahem, it's called supporting the local economy and small businesses.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

pigz posted:

Stuff I'm hearing around Amazon is wfh until October.

That said do all companies talk as if this could suddenly dissappear before next week everytime they talk schedules. Or is it just mine?

Yeah, most major companies are just slowly extending WFH timelines by 30 days at a time rather than saying WFH until December. The specific reasons vary by company but they are generally trying to not cause panic from either employees or shareholders and also not make a political statement. There are a lot of very nervous workers right now that are afraid longterm WFH = downsizing. Lots of states (and lol the feds) are also not making long term statements so if a fortune 50 says WFH for 6 months it could cause a lot of blowback.

No one wants to be first. Just look at Amazon. Lots of media coverage and speculation on all sides. Companies think that their is really nothing to be gained by setting longer-term date.

I’ve told my teams to prepare as if the office will be closed until the fall at the earliest and even if we do open that they can work remote for the rest of the year (or longer depending on things). Realistically there is no way we could even come back in 3 months even if things got much better. We got rid of almost all offices and most cube walls over the last two years and have totally open floors in each building with hundred of people on each floor with 20k across all our building in the area. There’s no way my teams would be safe in that environment. If we relay our floor to have appropriate distancing, dividers, wall, etc. to be “safer”. I need at least 3-5x the space. I legitimately think we will adopt a long-term remote working strategy for at least 25% (but more likely 50%) of our workforce.

Any corporation that is seriously bringing people back on a large scale is run by chuds who will soon reap what they have sown.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Lpzie posted:

just dance 2020 on switch

I'd need a Switch, maybe I should just post instead. Wish that burned calories and kept muscles from atrophing.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You’re just supposed to be loving spooked out dude

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Reminder that every moment you spend not reading scary apple news headlines is a moment spent becoming hopelessly ignorant to the this rapidly developing crisis and your immediate mortal danger

its just the flu bro

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sab0921 posted:

I also got a weird really lovely headache and was super loving fatigued for most of a week, and the cough took forever to go away. and i can only run a mile now (I could run a 5k before i got sick but I didn't run for over a month and gained like 25 fukken pounds but I feel like it effected my lung fitness somehow)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

galenanorth posted:

the south knew what they signed up for

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao my neighbors a bit away are having a party, sounds like 10 or so people. A woman was yelling yelling at them but I don't speak Hindi so I have no clue what was said but she was pissed

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rah! posted:

the south knew what they signed up for

We did?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Lincoln Financial Field is an American football stadium located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. It has a seating capacity of 69,176.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

sherman help

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Lincoln Financial Field is an American football stadium located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. It has a seating capacity of 69,176.

nice

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

eighty-four merc posted:

isn't the betting pool on official deaths as opposed to deaths in the world of truth?

that's why I picked a number well below 200k

:same:

My guess is predicated on the reporting of numbers getting suppressed harder as time goes on.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you think about it way more people die from not being Christian and normal than die from China flu

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/S7Cfnk3.mp4

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Lawlicaust posted:

Any corporation that is seriously bringing people back on a large scale is run by chuds who will soon reap what they have sown.

the only people who'll reap anything are the workers

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rah! posted:

sherman help

Oh! I thought you meant like people here now and like, lmao, I'm stuck here because I'm poor and my husband currently has a job with insurance that covers my medications. Thankfully I had nothing to do with that or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lawlicaust posted:

My company is 90% work from home currently and instituted a 'mask required anytime you have to come in for something' policy starting this week and the boomers who aren't even in the office and won't be anytime soon are already pissed at just the idea of it.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Amazing that while the rest of the world is reporting drastic reductions in traffic fatalities, Americans are taking this once-in-a-generation opportunity to plough their SUVs headlong into roadside barriers.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My industry is full of people who are 60+ that refuse to retire so who knows, maybe Rona will take care of the workforce reductions instead of needing layoffs.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/BadCOVID19Takes/status/1257469437940301824

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/MattPStout/status/1257380934787137536

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1257462539446878210

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

BMX Ninja posted:

Amazing that while the rest of the world is reporting drastic reductions in traffic fatalities, Americans are taking this once-in-a-generation opportunity to plough their SUVs headlong into roadside barriers.

whoa whoa California’s accidents and fatalities are half, we’re just bad at driving in rain

https://qz.com/1840736/coronavirus-reduces-california-traffic-accidents-by-half/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

whoa whoa California’s accidents and fatalities are half, we’re just bad at driving in rain

https://qz.com/1840736/coronavirus-reduces-california-traffic-accidents-by-half/

Look at this chud