Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Atrocious Joe posted:

if this service exists, I am certain all of their clients have COVID-19 right now

slapping a Nicotone patch on Walt Disney's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

hey soooo California is opening up retail for curbside delivery and some restaurants for dine in service

but California hasn’t had declining cases for two straight weeks. it even hit a new peak a couple days ago

is Newsom dumb after all

Oh that's awesome

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
counter argument from a friend: California’s numbers went up because LA opened up testing to anyone who wanted them

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

hey soooo California is opening up retail for curbside delivery and some restaurants for dine in service

but California hasn’t had declining cases for two straight weeks. it even hit a new peak a couple days ago

is Newsom dumb after all

lol restaurant dine in service.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Steve Yun posted:

counter argument from a friend: California’s numbers went up because LA opened up testing to anyone who wanted them

this is why a lot of places are showing percentages instead of arguing raw numbers

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Homeless Friend posted:

im with euphronius, we gotta shut these friggin islanders up. we can see land all yhe way to the horizon :owned:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Steve Yun posted:

is Newsom dumb after all

Everyone is opening because states are all facing imminent bankruptcy because now all the sudden money printer broke and federal government will help it's constituent states "over my dead body". It's going to be loving awesome by the end of this week when everyone figures out oh hey opening up doesn't mean poo poo because 50% of the workforce evaporated and the majority of Americans are scared to death to leave their beanholes.

Really gotta hand it to the stable genius that he has resisted the fastest route to opening back up (having literally any federal response or plan) with such conviction.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I’m watching VICE and while it’s a very good movie, they’re trying to stir my heart by mentioning OVER 4500 dead US soldiers in the unjust Iraq war

lol binch that’s two days of Covid, gently caress off

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the gop is currently holding up state local gov bailout money

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
You can only tell how many monsters are really in the room when you open your eyes so keep them shut because you can only guess how many are in there when you feel them and sometimes it's just best not to truly know

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

facetoucher cat posted:

You can only tell how many monsters are really in the room when you open your eyes so keep them shut because you can only guess how many are in there when you feel them and sometimes it's just best not to truly know

This is a bad speedrun strat for SCP.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Shipon posted:

This is the latest culture war nonsense, where one side decides that doing a good thing like wearing a mask to curb the spread is not only important, but makes you a moral good person and you should not express any discontent with the situation, while the other side reacts to that with a "gently caress you i won't do what you tell me!" refusal to do the thing that is necessary but uncomfortable.

so much of this bullshit would be unnecessary if we had an actual govt. in south korea they have coffee shops open. in germany they pay people to stay home.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

euphronius posted:

Well McConnell wants them to just declare bankruptcy because he literally wants to destroy the country.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

in the cloth masks I make I sew a strip of ribbon the outside at the top and put a piece of flexible aluminum wire in it but I also happened to have it on hand for plush armatures so ymmv

I've heard pipe cleaners can work in a pinch

just anything that can hold its shape but is bent easily enough over your nose, and it cuts down/eliminates glasses fogging

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stereotype posted:

Well McConnell wants them to just declare bankruptcy because he literally wants to destroy the country.

he backed off that already

however he’s attaching other ludicrous demands as their opening position

trump is literally listening to Art Laffer . we are doomed

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

euphronius posted:

maybe they should apple for a sba loan

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Asproigerosis posted:

Everyone is opening because states are all facing imminent bankruptcy because now all the sudden money printer broke and federal government will help it's constituent states "over my dead body". It's going to be loving awesome by the end of this week when everyone figures out oh hey opening up doesn't mean poo poo because 50% of the workforce evaporated and the majority of Americans are scared to death to leave their beanholes.

Really gotta hand it to the stable genius that he has resisted the fastest route to opening back up (having literally any federal response or plan) with such conviction.

The majority of Americans take reopenings to mean things are super extra safe, travel numbers are at or above baselines in reopened states per Apple's metrics and everything is packed

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

in the cloth masks I make I sew a strip of ribbon the outside at the top and put a piece of flexible aluminum wire in it but I also happened to have it on hand for plush armatures so ymmv

I've heard pipe cleaners can work in a pinch

just anything that can hold its shape but is bent easily enough over your nose, and it cuts down/eliminates glasses fogging

did you make a plush snoo rat with posable thumb

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Philthy posted:

i have spent all day working on this model MG Neo Zeon MSN-04 Sazabi Ver. Ka

oh cool

i've mostly been building feddie kits, but haven't done a rg or mg yet

kinda happy with how this one turned out

edit:

this is my favorite tho i think

Crusader has issued a correction as of 04:02 on May 5, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Asproigerosis posted:

This is a bad speedrun strat for SCP.

My husband is constantly trying to convince me that what I'm afraid of in the closet is Tom Cruise and he's not very convincing, lmao

Cats crying at a closet door then randomly being terrified of it bugs me out to no end

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Wife's rapid test came back negative, which apparently doesn't mean much, since it wouldn't likely be positive until she'd had a few weeks to fight the infection?

They did the nose qtip, which I understand to be the slower, molecular test for active infection. Not sure when we get results on that. Seems like she definitely has it though, or close enough to make little difference at this point

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

shovelbum posted:

did you make a plush snoo rat with posable thumb

:aaa:

e: I made these cat toys for plinkey then forgot to give them to him

snoo has issued a correction as of 04:03 on May 5, 2020

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

shovelbum posted:

The majority of Americans take reopenings to mean things are super extra safe, travel numbers are at or above baselines in reopened states per Apple's metrics and everything is packed

on the other hand

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MorrisBae posted:

Are there any services that'll just like put you under anesthesia for 9 months and change your diapers if you don't consciously want to deal with this

That feels like a service that should exist under Capitalism

Narco-capitalism has you covered.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

shovelbum posted:

Oh. Would explain why some fuckers over a mile away from my apartments are being SO loving LOUD AT THEIR OUTDOOR PARTY I CAN HEAR THEM WHILE I'M TRYING TO SLEEP.

gently caress off I have to wake up at 5 tomorrow to go to the hospital and work you absolute cunts.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thesaurus posted:

Wife's rapid test came back negative, which apparently doesn't mean much, since it wouldn't likely be positive until she'd had a few weeks to fight the infection?

They did the nose qtip, which I understand to be the slower, molecular test for active infection. Not sure when we get results on that. Seems like she definitely has it though, or close enough to make little difference at this point

It's good that it was negative i guess but how's she feeling?

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
can someone explain to me why the excel thing is funny

i only use excel to have a bunch of nested ifs

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nate getting huffy at the bush league numbers fuckery of the Trump admin is hilarious.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Inceltown posted:

Narco-capitalism has you covered.

Forget that, fall down a k-hole

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

Someone literally clicked through all the available trendline options and picked the one showing a downward trend.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Nothus posted:

Someone literally clicked through all the available trendline options and picked the one showing a downward trend.

cool that is exactly how i use excel, click things until it gives me what i want

love it

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

You can make numbers say whatever the gently caress you want them to if you just don't bother to put any science behind it

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

We can't waste 5,000$ in water and manhours to fight this "Fire." This is an over reaction by the money hungry fire department demanding huge pork budgets and kickbacks. This is just some smoke. Could be steam from AMERICAN BARBECUE. Smart analysts tell me this is plausible. To prevent the situation from getting worse I have arrested 47 local minorities, for some reason.

This "fire" if that's what you want to call it (I've had bigger in my kitchen!) is only affecting 1% of the house. Overpaid fire department wasting it's time. Cure can not be worse than the disease. These taxpayers/homeowners will be prevented from entering their OWN PROPERTY. WE MUST LET FREEDOM BE FREE.

The worst of the fire is over. It is a fire. I always called it a fire. I called it a fire from the start. Nevertheless we have battled the infrared enemy. Much less of the house left to burn now. Worst is over. I applaud the homeowner for daring to watch American Idol in their living room. We must re-populate this house. BRAVE!!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

on the other hand

Is this real? People in Georgia don't want to risk their lives to throw axes and drink beers? What the gently caress.

e: And they only opened one of the 40 axe-throwing locations? Holy poo poo this is gonna get bad...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This country is too loving stupid to keep going we all knew it the moment Trump won

Don't resist now. Let it fall around you

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

cool that is exactly how i use excel, click things until it gives me what i want

love it

drat how much did your MBA cost?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

euphronius posted:

democrats (minus a few ) agree with and love the gop

I meant like the regular people. Probably should've said left vs right sorry.

Like I can't even imagine having a maga family member and being able to even talk to them civilly. And schools/unis etc not to mention the actual rallies and protests

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

CODChimera posted:

I meant like the regular people. Probably should've said left vs right sorry.

Like I can't even imagine having a maga family member and being able to even talk to them civilly. And schools/unis etc not to mention the actual rallies and protests

This is why I deleted my facebook shortly after the election. It was depressing as gently caress seeing people out themselves as total pieces of poo poo almost overnight

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

euphronius posted:

dems handing gop the initiative... omg how did they do it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
heres the plan its all hopium lol