Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Homeless Friend posted:

this is why its hopium, they think its within their control lol

lol good point i mean look at this stupid poo poo

quote:

The Commission recommends that Congress should take steps to advance permitting reform.

Many trades and good-paying jobs in America require permits and credentials that take hundreds of hours and many resources to obtain. At a time of great economic dislocation, we have to eliminate barriers to getting new jobs. Much work has been done on this topic over many years, and now is the time to complete it. We cannot allow people on the bubble to slip into dependence on government. We have to simplify the pathway back into the labor force, including to a skilled trade or other job that is currently walled off by nonsensical credentialing requirements. That means coordinating permitting requirements across jurisdictions and having express federal guidance that these should generally not be required or should be as minimally burdensome as possible.

yeah kushner, the key to fighting covid-19 is getting more scammers in the plumbing/electrician trades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

in the US blaming China is definitely going to be the bipartisan response. What country is gonna go along with the US on that though. MAYBE the UK?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

shovelbum posted:

yeah like a sine wave between 2k and then as herd immunity wears off back up to 50k a day or whatever and back to 2k again

Yeah it matters how long immunity lasts but since it isn't going to be an exact length of time it's going to be a ton of out of phase sine waves and you'll just get a constant number of people dying. This would be a good thing to simulate but no one actually simulates anything.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nonsensical credentialing

omg

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im gonna take euphronius job, homeless friend esq

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

in the US blaming China is definitely going to be the bipartisan response. What country is gonna go along with the US on that though. MAYBE the UK?

japan

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

empty whippet box posted:

that's not hte cap, that's my long-term projection for the 'new normal' we will be forced to tolerate by the ruling class

the good news is that if 10k people per day die for long enough then everyone will be dead and the super intelligent squids can inherit the earth

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

COVID-420 posted:

lol good point i mean look at this stupid poo poo

yeah kushner, the key to fighting covid-19 is getting more scammers in the plumbing/electrician trades

jesus christ.

Problem: "There isn't enough work for the existing plumbers and they are going out of work"

Kushner: "SEND IN MORE PLUMBERS"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Atrocious Joe posted:

you forgot Poland

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Atrocious Joe posted:

no one at all but trump is dumb enough to want a hot nuclear war, especially because a chinese countervalue strike on any of our smaller allies would be proportionately more devastating to an essentially one-city country like the UK

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

eric ciaramella posted:

it's cool that there are firefighters in each town who work for the public, but no such doctors. gotta save the houses though.

Houses go up in value forever

you can extract value from people, but they eventually wither away and die.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mons Hubris posted:

the good news is that if 10k people per day die for long enough then everyone will be dead and the super intelligent squids can inherit the earth

Yeah, there are a lot of people. It would take like 2000 years at only 10k a day. You gotta get those numbers up.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fosborb posted:

covidtracking.com

even has an api

thank you kindly, i'm gonna make my dipshit chud boss so mad

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

you forgot Poland

Poland is planning to occupy China as part of a plan to encircle Russia

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

:australia:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Like the supposed failure of the chinese to develop a large enough first strike capability to dig out our land-based sites suggests a huge advance in either arsenal size or ABM capability to where they don't think they'd have to, along with an incredible degree of security around the whole buildup

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Stereotype posted:

Yeah, there are a lot of people. It would take like 2000 years at only 10k a day. You gotta get those numbers up.

well I mean people will die from other stuff too

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

MorrisBae posted:

Are there any services that'll just like put you under anesthesia for 9 months and change your diapers if you don't consciously want to deal with this

That feels like a service that should exist under Capitalism

it would exist until the fly-by-night hopsital shut down because the lack of elective surgeries means they can't stay afloat, at which point they just kinda forget you and you slowly starve to death or wake up with all of your flesh necrotizing because you're covered in bed sores and excrement

speaking of, is jordan peterson still in a medically induced coma in russia? waking up to this must be pretty wild

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Stereotype posted:

Yeah it matters how long immunity lasts but since it isn't going to be an exact length of time it's going to be a ton of out of phase sine waves and you'll just get a constant number of people dying. This would be a good thing to simulate but no one actually simulates anything.

There are toy case simulations of this using the SEIRS model on https://ncase.me/covid-19 to at least explain to people what these effects look like.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Stereotype posted:

so you’re saying if I never leave the house I am immortal

nice

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Atrocious Joe posted:

a lot of countries will throw shade at china, but in terms of actually taking concrete actions against the PRC...

definite:
the rest of 5 eyes
taiwan
japan

possible:
philippines
vietnam
sweden

that's probably about it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

it would exist until the fly-by-night hopsital shut down because the lack of elective surgeries means they can't stay afloat, at which point they just kinda forget you and you slowly starve to death or wake up with all of your flesh necrotizing because you're covered in bed sores and excrement

speaking of, is jordan peterson still in a medically induced coma in russia? waking up to this must be pretty wild

Jorp is awake and has only been seen once silently playing with an RC car. Other than that it's all been his daughter using his social media and saying he's writing a book.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Inceltown posted:

Jorp is awake and has only been seen once silently playing with an RC car. Other than that it's all been his daughter using his social media and saying he's writing a book.

what the heck happened to him again? last I heard he was singing hte praises of the carnivore diet?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sincx posted:

a lot of countries will throw shade at china, but in terms of actually taking concrete actions against the PRC...

definite:
the rest of 5 eyes
taiwan
japan

possible:
philippines
vietnam
sweden

that's probably about it

5 eyes are heinously vulnerable to countervalue strikes due to their superconcentrated populations tho

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

shovelbum posted:

Like the supposed failure of the chinese to develop a large enough first strike capability to dig out our land-based sites suggests a huge advance in either arsenal size or ABM capability to where they don't think they'd have to, along with an incredible degree of security around the whole buildup

yeah it's pretty funny that the geniuses in our military thinktanks just think that china completely forgot about this extremely basic element of nuclear deterrence

really paints a clear picture of how we keep getting our asses kicked by people with cold war soviet surplus

completely unrelated but there are at least two different balcony parties going on in my apartment complex right now lol. love to be a responsible person so that i can possibly die anyway because these dumbasses can't endure even the absolute simplest hardship for more than a couple weeks

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mod sassinator posted:

what the heck happened to him again? last I heard he was singing hte praises of the carnivore diet?

Benzos and the fact he wanted to cold turkey from them but no one in the Western world would do that. So he went to Russia and had them put him in a medically induced coma so he didn't have to suffer through it.

For those playing at home, medically induced coma's are a bad thing and there is a good chance of coming out with brain damage.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
gonna laugh when all the new and improved FOGBANK created in the 90s is actually a dud and half the MIRVs in the arsenal don't work

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

yeah it's pretty funny that the geniuses in our military thinktanks just think that china completely forgot about this extremely basic element of nuclear deterrence

really paints a clear picture of how we keep getting our asses kicked by people with cold war soviet surplus

completely unrelated but there are at least two different balcony parties going on in my apartment complex right now lol. love to be a responsible person so that i can possibly die anyway because these dumbasses can't endure even the absolute simplest hardship for more than a couple weeks

I'm having a balcony party right now, all the other guests are just out of shot and we're having a great time.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
We won't go to war with China. If anything, Trump might rally with foreign allies to order some crazy sanctions on China for letting it all happen and either everyone else decides to just let it happen or argue against it and further instill that the UN/NATO is out to get us.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

Houses go up in value forever

you can extract value from people, but they eventually wither away and die.

only because there's more people being born every year (net 23 million people, roughly the population of NYC metro) than there are homes being built

if something happened to greatly reduce the amount of people, these homes' values would plummet

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Apraxin posted:

will someone please run a lint roller over this poor man

More lint is always there to flake off the extremely British

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The other thing is we could probably inflict a gigadeath on China and they'd be fine in 30 years bc they actually are a nation and a society and they could drop a balloon bomb in the woods and we'd break down and self-own bc we're a demon corncob nation

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...obox=1588612500

quote:

French hospital discovers Covid-19 case from December

Mon 4 May 2020 17.50 BST
Last modified on Mon 4 May 2020 18.56 BST

A French hospital that retested old samples from pneumonia patients has discovered that it treated a man with the coronavirus as early as 27 December, nearly a month before the French government confirmed its first cases.

Dr Yves Cohen, head of resuscitation at the Avicenne and Jean Verdier hospitals in the northern suburbs of Paris, told BFM TV that scientists had retested samples from 24 patients treated in December and January who tested negative for flu.

“Of the 24, we had one who was positive for Covid-19 on 27 December,” he told the news channel on Sunday.

The samples had all initially been collected to detect flu using PCR tests, the same genetic screening process that can also be used to detect the presence of the coronavirus. Each sample was retested several times to ensure that there were no errors, he added.

Here's an article from Jan 25, 2020, when France initially said that they found domestic cases of coronavirus: https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-first-cases-in-europe-france/

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

There are toy case simulations of this using the SEIRS model on https://ncase.me/covid-19 to at least explain to people what these effects look like.

Oh cool they have the exact situation we were talking about. It's a damped sign wave. Interestingly you have taller spikes with longer immunity up to a point, after which you kill the virus entirely.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm wondering how it's going to be once the Vegas mayor gets her way and the strip is opened back up. It cannot have any good outcome

crazy mayor has no control over the strip, it’s run by the county. who are also prolly crazy but there we go.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
no ones siding with divvy, incomprehensible trump on this one save for diplomatic lip service.

even when he’s right about something he’s so bad at making a point nothing of any weight comes out. you have to listen to him every day maybe you don’t quite see just how retarded he sounds.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The chuds are about to get bored of protesting; watch for it.

You know how the collective attention span of Americans was too short for coronavirus? How it's so many 24-hour news cycles ago that people just refuse to acknowledge that it's still here? Well, the same goes for the reopen movement. Astroturfed as it may be, it's not like the support for lockdown didn't also have external influence (in the form of a deadly virus that's still there), but it wasn't enough; people got bored and forgot. As this thing wears us on for two, three more weeks, the re-open crowd is going to tire and completely forget what they're doing and get bored of it. Everyone will go back to doing nothing again.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CareyB posted:

no ones siding with divvy, incomprehensible trump on this one save for diplomatic lip service.

even when he’s right about something he’s so bad at making a point nothing of any weight comes out. you have to listen to him every day maybe you don’t quite see just how retarded he sounds.

trump is overwhelmingly popular with half the country, like "bush on 9/12" popular with Rs, he has the most loyal followers of any pol in US history lmao to chuds, this is a golden age

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You would have to be pretty delusional to make believe a social democrat solution to America now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

shovelbum posted:

The other thing is we could probably inflict a gigadeath on China and they'd be fine in 30 years bc they actually are a nation and a society and they could drop a balloon bomb in the woods and we'd break down and self-own bc we're a demon corncob nation

Kill 1 billion chinese with nukes and there's still 400 million left for the retaliation. Focus entirely on countervalue for the US and there will be nothing left but Mad Max style raider gangs.

quote:

You know how the collective attention span of Americans was too short for coronavirus? How it's so many 24-hour news cycles ago that people just refuse to acknowledge that it's still here? Well, the same goes for the reopen movement. Astroturfed as it may be, it's not like the support for lockdown didn't also have external influence (in the form of a deadly virus that's still there), but it wasn't enough; people got bored and forgot. As this thing wears us on for two, three more weeks, the re-open crowd is going to tire and completely forget what they're doing and get bored of it. Everyone will go back to doing nothing again.

Astroturfed protests can go on forever, look up Gene Sharp and color revolutions