Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CCKeane posted:

Going through Voodooflys game list:

Voodooflys getting married mafia (town):

Writers Block mafia (Town), regarding voting lurkers:

Seems different than your thoughts today, although these did happen a decade ago so.

I specifically mention and include that these are old games!

If Voodoofly thought his opinions changed in the last ten years, why would he cite his old meta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Token Female posted:

There's three years of games before votefinder was used. You should check those out too. Voodoo started playing in 2007.

(I don't see why people (CCKeane) would do this).

If CCK had come out of the gate with no prior conversation and "I looked at some of Voodoo's old games and he's saying something different today than he did then," that would be weird. Here, CCK is responding directly to Voodoo's defense, which was, "I've done this in every game I've played." I think Voodoo is allowed to exaggerate, or forget games, or change his style over time; but CCK looking into it is reasonable, and he gets points for effort.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I specifically mention this and, importantly, Voodooflys cites his meta, the most recent of which is 8 years ago.

Like, this is how I see things are going:

-Voodoofly advocates a lurker execution
-I ask him to defend it
-Voodoofly cites 8 year old meta
-I check 8 year old meta and see an inconsistency

So we're all in agreement this is what happened, right?

But what I don't get is why citing 8 year old meta, implying your thoughts haven't changed, is okay, but checking that 8 year old meta is wrong.

I'm going to throw out a hypothesis here, Voodooflys remembers his town meta was to go after lurkers, and is trying to go after lurkers to keep with his town meta.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

kumba posted:

i am trying to imagine in what universe a town keane points to posts from 8 years ago and genuinely wonders why someone posts differently now

I'm trying to imagine in what universe anyone that is scum puts in the amount of effort it would involve to go and re-read old games to find evidence to push for a meta cuddle of someone day 1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

zzyzx posted:

If CCK had come out of the gate with no prior conversation and "I looked at some of Voodoo's old games and he's saying something different today than he did then," that would be weird. Here, CCK is responding directly to Voodoo's defense, which was, "I've done this in every game I've played." I think Voodoo is allowed to exaggerate, or forget games, or change his style over time; but CCK looking into it is reasonable, and he gets points for effort.

Yes, thank you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Voodoofly

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

I'm trying to imagine in what universe anyone that is scum puts in the amount of effort it would involve to go and re-read old games to find evidence to push for a meta cuddle of someone day 1.

To be clear, I am not saying Keane is *right* about voodoofly. But I'm pretty sure Keane is *town*

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Amnistar posted:

yeah fair enough

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

CCKeane posted:

I specifically mention this and, importantly, Voodooflys cites his meta, the most recent of which is 8 years ago.

-I ask him to defend it

But what I don't get is why citing 8 year old meta, implying your thoughts haven't changed, is okay, but checking that 8 year old meta is wrong.

I'm going to throw out a hypothesis here, Voodooflys remembers his town meta was to go after lurkers, and is trying to go after lurkers to keep with his town meta.

Yeah, I get your point.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

zzyzx posted:

My point is that I don't see how people would want to go through people's histories from that long ago,

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Token Female posted:

My point is that I don't see how people would want to go through people's histories from that long ago,

Yeah that’s where I sit too. The idea behind it is reasonable, until you realise their most recent game was at least two olympics ago.

actually the more i think about it, the more I’m sort of impressed by it

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Token Female posted:

With votefinder it's really not that hard. A couple of clicks away from a person's profile.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

This never came up because I said go back thru my meta to judge me. Ham asked if anyone successfully hit scum with day 1 lurker lynches and I said no but I think we successfully won more town games doing it, and that as scum I’ve hidden among lurkers for wins even after losing everyone on early scum lynches.

CCK then asked for examples and I linked votefinder.

It’s not worth the effort looking for old posts to defend my view on lurkers and it wouldn’t make me town or scum here. It’s something I believe is the right way to play regardless of alignment or any one game, and I’ve been saying it at least as far back as Tom’s old brain slugs game (first one I really remember).

I mean Merk bought me a gavel that said lurker judge as a Christmas present at one point because of how often I talked about going after lurkers.

I still think CCK talking about hyperbole in one Andy post, but ignoring it in any of Andy’s other posts taking about Tom, or just ignoring the content of Andy’s argument in general and focusing on hyperbole as some sort of tell, was a totally opportunistic case.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote kumba by far the scummiest person in the thread.

kumba posted:

so far, in summary:

leaning scum on varinn & liger

leaning town on zzyzx & lordnad

when i was reading through i thought one of yuming's posts pinged my gut but i just read through all her posts again and i don't see it. perhaps in context i'll find it again but don't have time for that at the moment

##vote officer liger

realvote

Unexplained vote on the vote leader.

kumba posted:

OFFICER LIGER posted:

kumbaya is town but the blue cheese line has me worried.
huh, town read on me out of nowhere, hedged "BUT..."

yeah i'm good with my vote

Extremely bad reason to stay on the vote leader.

kumba posted:

call it more of a subconscious thing, where scum often feel they have to give themselves an "out" when knowingly voting for a townie

it's obviously in jest; jest or not, the fact you wrote it there is enough imo

Clings on to the extremely bad reason when called out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't think zzyzx is scum at all. Active, making salient points. Would not vote.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

The Ninth Layer posted:

[/quote]

Has Kumba responded to my question on why he quoted my vote as his justification despite me admitting that vote was a mistake?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Votecount for Day 1

OFFICER LIGER (5): zzyzx, Voodoofly, Khris Kruel, OFFICER LIGER, LordNad, jivjov, OFFICER LIGER, Voodoofly, kumba
zzyzx (3): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Amnistar, vivat virtute, vivat virtute, merk, OFFICER LIGER
Tom Tucker (1): CapnAndy
Voodoofly (1): CCKeane
kumba (1): The Ninth Layer
Varinn (1): Jose Valasquez, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad
vivat virtute (1): Voodoofly
yuming (1): Deadbeat Dad
LordNad (1): jivjov, The Ninth Layer, Tom Tucker, jivjov, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, The Ninth Layer
hambeet (1): yuming, Token Female, Token Female
Khris Kruel (0): merk, merk
Amnistar (0): yuming, Varinn, OFFICER LIGER, OFFICER LIGER, yuming, Varinn
CapnAndy (0): LordNad, LordNad, CCKeane, CCKeane
merk (0): Jose Valasquez, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, Voodoofly
50 pounds of bread (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
The Ninth Layer (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Sandwolf (0): Amnistar, Amnistar
jivjov (0): LordNad, LordNad
Deadbeat Dad (0): vivat virtute, vivat virtute

Not Voting (7): 50 pounds of bread, hambeet, Jamuraan, Sandwolf, Token Female, Varinn, vivat virtute

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 05th, 2020 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 36 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I haven't really read all that much. But now I have some availability. Let's see what there is to do here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

kumba posted:

i read 340 posts in about 15 minutes and have no idea what you're talking about

Voodoo this was the response.

This hits me as scummy. Skimming everything I get, but then voting for someone based exclusively on another person's 'case' but not actually pausing to validate or understand that case is suspicious.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also Amni isn't scum for the action of shooting Steak. Whether or not scum have the vig ability is a different conversation in itself, but the action isn't inherently scummy. I can count on one hand how many times a vig has held a shot past D1 (the most recent one being one of my games, but there was a reason for that).

Shooters shoot.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't have any definite "this person is 100% scum" thoughts but I'll tell you what sort of reads I feel good on:

I don't get MiR's/vivat's snipe on me which I've asked for an explanation a few times when I explained it to Tucker already prior to the snipe in the first place. Reminds me of the KCW/Miku "cases"/votes in HP (who both flipped scum) but I didn't want to be too OMGUS about it in that game. Come at me with good stuff or you'll get doubted.

I think the ensuing Amni stuff was weird, including your vote on it. Basically anybody involved that inferred way too much doubt about a vig shooting felt weird to me. Didn't like Varinn's posts on it. Didn't like the votes on Amni because of it, especially because I think he was mis-characterized as a vig that was going to shoot and coast the rest of the game.

Not seeing all of the Liger stuff either, I agree with most of his posts.

##vote Varinn

Would also vote MiR, yuming, or anybody else who tried to make something big out of the vig shot being a "scum power/thing". Scum usually need something to sink their teeth into content wise on D1 and that was a perfect opportunity to sow confusion. I'm willing to give Amni the benefit of the doubt until some other stuff happens, or.. hell... if his posting was too scummy to ignore, I wouldn't even factor in the vig as something that should be "points" for his town. But he just seems like every other D1 vig that hit or missed.

There are a lot of zero risk opinions mixed up in here.

##vote DBD

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Has Kumba responded to my question on why he quoted my vote as his justification despite me admitting that vote was a mistake?

i had already responded and then you asked again

after going back and reading your posts again, i do see the post you're referring to, however my answer is the same: speedreading several hundred posts on the app makes it extraordinarily difficult to follow a single person's train of thought. there are 24 people in this game. i did not notice, in my quick read, that your vote was the one that was rescinded after realizing it was a joke

i also don't really care. again, that one post wasn't the only reason i voted liger. i've said this already

Tom Tucker posted:

Voodoo this was the response.

This hits me as scummy. Skimming everything I get, but then voting for someone based exclusively on another person's 'case' but not actually pausing to validate or understand that case is suspicious.

did you somehow already forget you posted basically this same thing with a lot more words, and then mea culpa'd afterwards

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

[/quote]

a. you not liking the explanation is not the same thing as a vote being unexplained
b. as i've already said, while you may think it's an extremely bad reason to stay, that would also be an extremely stupid reason to move my vote and i've not seen anything else more compelling
c. i disagree

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

No my position changed again when voodoo pointed out his case wasn’t legit which led me back to suspecting you for the reasons cited above. I missed the post where you stated you agreed with voodoo, so I said my bad, but then voodoo reminded me that you shouldn’t have been agreeing with him in the first place, so now I’m back!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Token Female posted:

(I don't see why people (CCKeane) would do this).

I did this several times in HP4 (I didn't even post them all), if someone tries to say "I always do this as town!" I look for receipts.
Granted I wasn't strictly town aligned in that game, but it is something I would do either way (For example, I looked up a dude's off-site games in HP3). I don't think it is a scum-tell or a town-tell, it is just an effort-tell to me

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i cannot imagine wanting to do that, but to each their own

Tom Tucker posted:

No my position changed again when voodoo pointed out his case wasn’t legit which led me back to suspecting you for the reasons cited above. I missed the post where you stated you agreed with voodoo, so I said my bad, but then voodoo reminded me that you shouldn’t have been agreeing with him in the first place, so now I’m back!

ok

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi, can we discuss how DBD is so carefully posting today that he might be sitting at a computer with a mask and gloves on?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote DBD

For a bad feeling + as I said, I think attacking the votes on Amni is a much safer scum-entry point than going after him directly.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
gonna do a reread while i eat this grilled cheese

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Hi, can we discuss how DBD is so carefully posting today that he might be sitting at a computer with a mask and gloves on?

this is recommended practice now merk the internet is a dirty place

@CCKeane, I think the weirdest part of going so far back to find evidence of his meta (decade will destroy that logic but that’s not my point) is I can’t imagine Keane thought it would be convincing. I can’t imagine Keane posting a decade old remark would be the kinda thing unloading a flood on Voodoofly, so I’m a little confused at the intention.

Should be around all day

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
It's the TIME KNIFE here with The Pet Vote!

As a reminder, you have one vote that you can do once to Give! Someone! A! Pet!

JoseV (2): zzyzx, LordNad

TNL (1): Sandwolf

Yuming (2): KK, Voodoofly

Tokes (5): merk, CapnAndy, Amni, yuming, Liger

Zzyzx (1): jivjoy

Hambeet (1): Vivat

I did not count posts where someone voted for two people. Voting closes at 8pm or the Lynch, whichever comes first.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

CCKeane posted:

-I ask him to defend it

I'm sorry, but do you actually need telling that someone might change their mind over the course of 8 god darn years, and that they might misremember events so that they always held the opinions they hold now?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kumba posted:

gonna do a reread while i eat this grilled cheese

what kind of bread did you use

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Yeah I see it. I wasn't a fan of DBD voting Varinn, not really pursuing it and then voting yuming pretty soon after. Looks a lot like voting for the sake of voting and not due to any serious suspicion.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

I'm sorry, but do you actually need telling that someone might change their mind over the course of 8 god darn years, and that they might misremember events so that they always held the opinions they hold now?

Buddy, you're getting awfully mad that I just did what my good pal Voodoofly requested.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Also, it's well noted that you cut off my conclusions here and a major reason as to why it's suspicious.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I am barking up the right tree seeing as there's suddenly people trying to go for me.

merk also provided no reasoning to his statement, just made a general statement. Talk about safe posting.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah I see it. I wasn't a fan of DBD voting Varinn, not really pursuing it and then voting yuming pretty soon after. Looks a lot like voting for the sake of voting and not due to any serious suspicion.

I'm being transparent with my thought process. hambeet was posting things about yuming, and zzyzx's question got me questioning what scum would do in that situation, and I wrote how I would also be fine voting yuming in that exact post. I think scum would sink their teeth into a case like that instead of making it on second thought, so my vote switched, even though the reasoning for not liking Varinn's D1 are all still there.

It may not be a home run megacase or anything, but I don't do those unless I'm 100% sure. D1 is mostly gut stuff for me and yuming is pinging it like mad.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I am barking up the right tree seeing as there's suddenly people trying to go for me.

merk also provided no reasoning to his statement, just made a general statement. Talk about safe posting.

Who, out of the people going for you, is scum and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

##vote DBD

For a bad feeling + as I said, I think attacking the votes on Amni is a much safer scum-entry point than going after him directly.

yuming's second OMGUS vote of the day :sun: