Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

can anyone recommend where to buy one of those black masks with the breathing vent and filters that's not bad quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MaxxBot posted:

Over 1.2k deaths by noon but don't worry, trust the cubic fit!

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouseCEA/status/1257680258364555264?s=19

Oh my god.

blandular
Aug 22, 2004

lmao

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MaxxBot posted:

holy loving poo poo war crimes tribunal material right here but lolnothingmatters

anyway if you want to explain to your grunting brain damaged trump voting family why this is loving insane here's a good read:

https://twitter.com/SafaMote/status/1257715018239553537

they will respond with TRUMMMMP and FAKE NEWSSSS but you know, if you like masochism

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

MaxxBot posted:

Hahaha I mean, back in grad school I definitely saw conference talks with worse data fits make bolder claims, but not many

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

my bony fealty posted:

"backend engineer"

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

gosh. i wonder if meat packing factories use undocumented or migrant workers. probably not. probably just an innocent slip of the tongue

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Literally "YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT BECAUSE TOMORROW EVERYONE WILL BE MAGICALLY CURED"

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

gosh. i wonder if meat packing factories use undocumented or migrant workers. probably not. probably just an innocent slip of the tongue

My favorite thing about undocumented workers under horrible conditions is that chuds loving love it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

incidentally, a cubic fit i.e. a third order polynomial fitted onto the us daily death data set will continue to positive infinity

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

it might not even be migrant or undocumented workers, they just straight up don't consider poor people to be actual people. they are a literal death cult.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Thoguh posted:

Kushner not being investigated 24/7 is probably the single biggest failing of the dem led house. He's got no qualifications other than being the presidents son in law, just openly grofts, and even openly leaked classified stuff to hostile governments. He's second only to maybe Barr in the damage he's doing but is a much easier target. But lol, nope.

What would that accomplish? Couldn’t the Executive Branch simply ignore subpoenas, and so on?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Blockade posted:

Ohios doing something lovely (again).

Anyone who uses this is a cop:

https://twitter.com/ChrisOpfer/status/1257645828102995970

Well at least I know what I will be doing during my lunch break. Submitting a lot of fake reports

Morbus
May 18, 2004

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Hahaha I mean, back in grad school I definitely saw conference talks with worse data fits make bolder claims, but not many

lmao the old "the curve fit is really just there to improve visualization" standby

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

triple sulk posted:

can anyone recommend where to buy one of those black masks with the breathing vent and filters that's not bad quality

don’t get one with a vent

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/noahweiland/status/1257728790454730753

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1257729332610555904?s=19

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

we did it boys, the unseen enemy lies dead and trump hails victorious, time to pack it in

motedek
Oct 9, 2012

Slippery Nipple posted:

so the bottom line: evidence from this article suggests that G614 is more infectious than D614 covid-19 strain. when G614 becomes present in the population, it takes over, and gives higher viral loads (probably). so, the amino acid at position 614 of the spike protein is relevant in disease progression, but the mechanistic details (is it better at infecting cells? better at evading the immune system?) are not known.

will vaccines currently being developed against the Wuhan strain (D614) be effective against the prominent US (G614) strain? no one knows. the people making the vaccine will have a better idea. for instance, Moderna is likely using the full Wuhan spike protein sequence for their vaccine. it is possible that such a vaccine will not be effective against the G614 strain. structurally, it seems to me like D614 is unlikely to be an important feature as far as immune response, but that is total speculation on a topic I am not super familiar with.

yes i will pull forward, thank u

i thought the paper wasn't rigorous about demonstrating that selective pressure caused the observed allele counts. the clinical evidence is suggestive but mutations can also randomly fix in populations due to drift.

https://twitter.com/BillHanage/status/1256425475863392256?s=20

https://twitter.com/EvolveDotZoo/status/1256485935895777280

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Out of the news by August at the latest

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
therapeutics czar

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Blockade posted:

Ohios doing something lovely (again).

Anyone who uses this is a cop:

https://twitter.com/ChrisOpfer/status/1257645828102995970

FOIA that poo poo, like the CHUD who FOIA the city for people narcing on non-mask wearers.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Monoprice has okayish N95s right now

I ordered mine last week and got them today so I can use my 3M ones for housework again

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1257726772512202753

quote:

A forthcoming House GOP bill would bar workers who fall ill with coronavirus from suing their employers, so long as the company complies with state and federal law as it reopens for business amid loosening health restrictions.

The bill’s sponsor, Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio), said legislation he will introduce this week would give complying business immunity from civil suits brought by employees who contract coronavirus after returning to the workplace.

“Many businesses are concerned about reopening due to the risk associated with being held liable if one of their employees contracts coronavirus after coming back to work,” Turner said in a statement. “This bill is proactive and seeks to protect complying businesses and employees as we begin to restart the economy.”

“At the time of this coronavirus challenge, especially now, we have every reason to protect our workers and our patients in all of this,” Pelosi said last Wednesday. “So we would not be inclined to be supporting any immunity from liability.”

But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has said the Republican-led Senate won’t provide additional state and local government funding without additional legal protections.

It’s unclear how Turner’s bill would affect state tort laws, which provide remedies for civil wrongs and injuries. While Congress could in theory override state laws to offer a nationwide safe harbor from liability, analysts say such assurances would almost certainly fail in Congress.

one person goes really far one way so it seems like the "compromise" isn't so terrible!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

Out of the news by August at the latest

What will they file the deaths under?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Nothing, see Florida

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
I got a phone call from an unknown number a few minutes ago, and then I realized I haven't received any telemarketer calls in over 2 months

The world is healing

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
engineer my backend daddy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

Nothing, see Florida

Disappeared in America :patriot:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Natural causes

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

The president of my company said this exact same sentiment last week to me when I mentioned that our tiny rural county made the news for a covid hotspot. He said it was just the "people getting bussed in from Nashville to work in the Tyson plant" and didn't discuss it any further and refused to mandate mask usage in the office.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the job of a therapeutics czar is to oversee research into very powerful lights and disinfectants and whether they can do a tremendous number on the lungs, including almost a cleaning

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Mercedes-Benz Stadium Capacity American Football: 71,000

M&T Bank Stadium is 71,008.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Man Musk posted:

What would that accomplish? Couldn’t the Executive Branch simply ignore subpoenas, and so on?

They ignored the impeachment subpoenas, but the supposed reason responses to those subpoenas were not compelled in court was because it would take months and the timing was sensitive. In theory they should be able to force responses to the subpoenas. In practice they're probably scared about what will happen when the White House also ignores court orders and such. Not good for maintaining the illusion of the rule of law.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Iron Crowned posted:

CHYNA

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
lmao at going from "already on its way out of the news" to "August"

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lmao at going from "already on its way out of the news" to "August"

I mean it's already on its way out but it will be forgotten by the avg person by August

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

shovelbum posted:

I mean it's already on its way out but it will be forgotten by the avg person by August

please log off the internet for a week or 20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Told you it was over. 100k deaths is all there is.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 02:39 on May 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Now theoretically...

what would happen if you just got a bunch of covid patients and had them breathe/cough as close as they can to the hvac systems in these fuckers houses

e: I am not suggesting anyone do this or commit any crimes/attempt to harm public officials this is a humorous hypothetical about their desire to murder people by forcing them to work

biological terrorism charges

and before you respond "but that's hypocritical!"...yes yes it is, conservatives are hypocritical all the time, no they do not care, and pointing it out to them for the billionth time does nothing because this is hellworld