Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Told you it was over. 60k deaths is all there is.

My linear model of a vertical line straight down confirms this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

brugroffil posted:

please log off the internet for a week or 20

Yeah goons are all stuck on internet time, it owns.

The country hasn't collapsed and it's been 2 whole weeks, what gives :matters:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

I mean it's already on its way out but it will be forgotten by the avg person by August

Yeah, I've noticed that the've moved on to reporting puff pieces about how there as a drive-thru prom, or how some off-duty cop got run over by a bus in Oklahoma.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

I mean it's already on its way out but it will be forgotten by the avg person by August

You seriously need to log off and anyone itt encouraging your mindset should be ashamed.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

shovelbum posted:

Nothing, see Florida

Is there any evidence that Florida is hiding deaths at this point?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/jmhfla1/status/1257082540797628416?s=21

bing bong so simple

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I've noticed that the've moved on to reporting puff pieces about how there as a drive-thru prom, or how some off-duty cop got run over by a bus in Oklahoma.

I think the slowness of individual cases and the fact that hospitals and morgues don't allow camera crews is really helping cover this up

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

MaxxBot posted:

Over 1.2k deaths by noon but don't worry, trust the cubic fit!

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouseCEA/status/1257680258364555264?s=19

Fuckin' lol if a graph looked like that in a paper I was reviewing I would've hyperdunked it into the trashcan and spent a page mocking the authors' chromosomal count.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Azathoth posted:

biological terrorism charges

and before you respond "but that's hypocritical!"...yes yes it is, conservatives are hypocritical all the time, no they do not care, and pointing it out to them for the billionth time does nothing because this is hellworld

So it can simultaneously be "not a big deal" and an act of biological aggression at the same time depending on your socioeconomic status
insanity

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

wilderthanmild posted:

Is there any evidence that Florida is hiding deaths at this point?

They ordered coroners to stop releasing data and are running it all through some state level chud office

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

I think the slowness of individual cases and the fact that hospitals and morgues don't allow camera crews is really helping cover this up

My favorite side-effect of everyone thinking that COVID is over, is that they're dismantling all those field hospitals they set up two weeks before everything spikes again.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
i think what shovelbum is trying to say is:

the US has already hosed up its opportunity to eat one covid peak and then gradually taper down to nothing. instead, we will be bouncing up and down this rollercoaster for months. this is our new normal, at least for 2020.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

mycomancy posted:

Fuckin' lol if a graph looked like that in a paper I was reviewing I would've hyperdunked it into the trashcan and spent a page mocking the authors' chromosomal count.

smdh ivory tower elitist gatekeeping in cspam.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

the US has already hosed up its opportunity to eat one covid peak and then gradually taper down to nothing. instead, we will be bouncing up and down this rollercoaster for months. this is our new normal, at least for 2020.

He's literally saying the opposite and that this is all gonna be swept under the rug as mass death continues.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

On the bright side, the grocery store finally had toilet paper stocked during my bi-monthly supply run

We're healing

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

Can't wait until the US passport is worth exactly toilet paper and Americans are barred from entering the rest of the world due to inability to control pandemic

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

He's literally saying the opposite and that this is all gonna be swept under the rug as mass death continues.

States are striking down the idea of even having emergency powers so dismantling the ability to even take any measures including tracking and modeling is going to be pretty detrimental to a practical response

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i've survived my whole life by "curve fitting" using just a pen and paper and i won't change to any of this bullshit coimputer nonsense you egghead HOAXSTERS suggest!!!

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
mood: cracked/pinged

loving lol. Just got ahold of the unemployment office (still working just over 50% of my hours) and the “hazard pay” my work is giving me is putting me about $20 over the (shameful) limit to receive any benefits at all.

You’d think this poo poo would be on a sliding scale. Seriously, if I made $20 less a week, I’d go from receiving $0 to over $600 a week.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

sweeping mass deaths under the rug is not outside the scope of routine american normalization

these brains were made for Smoothen

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1257726772512202753

one person goes really far one way so it seems like the "compromise" isn't so terrible!

The Senate has said for a while now, no more relief without employer litigation protections.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

sweeping mass deaths under the rug is not outside the scope of routine american normalization

these brains were made for smoothen

Yeah we're dismantling the ability for our institutions to perceive the crisis, and reopened states have shown the average American loves eating out and shopping more than life itself

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

shovelbum posted:

States are striking down the idea of even having emergency powers so dismantling the ability to even take any measures including tracking and modeling is going to be pretty detrimental to a practical response

oh we're not going to have any coherent response at all and will in fact take measures to make things worse, but I don't think a massive depression plus thousands of daily deaths are just gonna be completely forgotten

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Can't wait until the US passport is worth exactly toilet paper and Americans are barred from entering the rest of the world due to inability to control pandemic

the other countries are a bunch of cowards who will never chance the economic risks of blocked my American travel

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Congratulations to our new Therapeutics Czar, Elizabeth Holmes!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

oh we're not going to have any coherent response at all and will in fact take measures to make things worse, but I don't think a massive depression plus thousands of daily deaths are just gonna be completely forgotten

We've had stagnant wages for like fifty years and a massively declining quality of life and it's been 150% covered up by cheap consumer goods

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
America sure is having a real one today.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Having to go back to work after that lovely break, all I hope for is to catch the disease and give it to my rear end in a top hat boss because gently caress him.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

shovelbum posted:

We've had stagnant wages for like fifty years and a massively declining quality of life and it's been 150% covered up by cheap consumer goods

"Greatest country in the world" the people shout as they're lowered into the newest mass grave

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

brugroffil posted:

As long as you use terms like "the average American" you can assert the most absolutely nihilistic and despairbrains poo poo possible and anyone saying "your extremely online brain has absolutely no perspective on what the average American is feeling right now" is accused of being pro-american and subsequently told to shut the gently caress up, liberal.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

irpoweroutlet posted:

mood: cracked/pinged

loving lol. Just got ahold of the unemployment office (still working just over 50% of my hours) and the “hazard pay” my work is giving me is putting me about $20 over the (shameful) limit to receive any benefits at all.

You’d think this poo poo would be on a sliding scale. Seriously, if I made $20 less a week, I’d go from receiving $0 to over $600 a week.

sounds like u need some bootstraps :smugdog::pipe:

but no these rules are explicitly designed to harm the lower classes. they are insane in any other context

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

As long as you use terms like "the average American" you can assert the most absolutely nihilistic and despairbrains poo poo possible and anyone saying "your extremely online brain has absolutely no perspective on what the average American is feeling right now" is accused of being pro-american and subsequently told to shut the gently caress up, liberal.

shut the fuuck up, liberal

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Seriously though, why does it seem near impossible for an American to get work in another first world western nation. When I worked for Hilton it was near impossible to get manager positions outside of the country.

I'd seriously consider moving to another first world nation in the next 3-5 years.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

pretty rude to tell a poster to "log off" imho

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

you seem eager to climb up on the cross in these situations too. really gotta learn to chill out a little my friend

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

Yeah we're dismantling the ability for our institutions to perceive the crisis, and reopened states have shown the average American loves eating out and shopping more than life itself

America has no other culture than consumption

Zotix posted:

Seriously though, why does it seem near impossible for an American to get work in another first world western nation. When I worked for Hilton it was near impossible to get manager positions outside of the country.

I'd seriously consider moving to another first world nation in the next 3-5 years.

Because Americans have brain poisoning and other countries rightfully don't want them around

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How can you look back on the last 4-5 years and be optimistic that the worst thing isn't going to happen

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

guessing Elon contributed the A-12 bit

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zotix posted:

The Senate has said for a while now, no more relief without employer litigation protections.

I heard the senate are a bunch of rich people that first and foremost protect the privileges of their class.

Heres some nice music (random choice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJZOUXtDCn0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Zotix posted:

because the easiest way to get into another country involves a highly in demand skill, local language knowledge and/or some saved up money to handle the costs of moving plus paperwork. the idea that the 90% of people who just work some dull lovely job can just up and move to another country at the drop of a hat usually leaves out something that gives the a leg up on their peers, usually some ancestory requirement or familial connection

I can't think of any company that's gonna go through all the rigamarole of filing visa papers for someone whos job is wrangling timesheets, let alone anyone stuck working multiple part time jobs.