Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Where does she say this?!

I'll helpfully bold it for you.

quote:

Like, I don't think scum would see Amni fire the kill and go "ah yes perfect, I am going to get Amni killed for Killing a Town!" I am again obv biased to my own perspective, but I think scum are much likelier to comment on the votes ON AMNI being bad because THAT is the true safe-scum entrance point to the thread.

quote:

as I said, I think attacking the votes on Amni is a much safer scum-entry point than going after him directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Ok, so she didn't say the thing you said she said at all. Got it. Glad we've cleared this up. What do you think of DBD?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

DBD, on the other hand, in reaction to votes, came in and discredited them all. That's scum play.

As opposed to yuming who literally voted every person who suspected her. Really odd that "nothing jumps out at you" from her considering this statement you just made about me. Voting OMGUS mixed with fluff reasoning? Totally town yuming play. DBD saying, "this reasoning sucks because...?" Scum play.

Keep in mind one of your votes was this:

merk posted:

I'm down with this. The Amnistar vig is probably the best thing to find fake content so far today, and this zzyzx thing is probably the best fake content to find.

##vote zzyzx

I voted Varinn, switched to yuming who I think has a better chance of flipping scum, both who are directly involved with the vig play, yet you discredit an entire post as having "zero risk opinions" while your vote based off of the same action is "risky"? How?

merk posted:

I think TNL's defense of you and vote on yuming is weird. I did not read yuming's post how he read yuming's post. My immediate gut reaction was 'scum defending town,' but I'm not sure yet.

You just said you thought TNL was scum defending town, and now I am throwing up everywhere all of a sudden as scum? Make up your mind!

Btw, it's not above merk to completely defend a scumbuddy publicly off of the strength of his mafia reputation.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

When I asked DBD to mine out what that statement meant from a scum hunting perspective, he literally threw up all over his keyboard. Luckily, he is wearing gloves.
This connects to the tone read that is the other piece of what makes DBD scummy to me.

(I have felt this way since I asked him for his reads earlier in the thread, here.)

In DBD and MiR's interaction early in the game I thought DBD read as much more defensive than he did in Harry Potter.

I decided to sit on that scummy tone read and ask DBD for a follow-up which I comment on here.

I think the bad-tone read persists throughout DBD's posting.

I am seeing something very different from HP where I had a strong town read on DBD's stream-of-consciousness posting.

My profile for scum-DBD is: was skimming, played damage control, and now is casing from a scummy POV-- one that I find internally inconsistent with his town-perspective from HP.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Token Female posted:

Can someone summarize the DBD case for me?

"Zero risk" is the buzzword of the day in scumchat.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DBD, who is scum and why is that player scum?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

DBD, who is scum and why is that player scum?

The person my vote is on.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Btw, it's not above merk to completely defend a scumbuddy publicly off of the strength of his mafia reputation.
Case in point: it is these off-hand lashing-out comments that I am finding scummy in tone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

"Zero risk" is the buzzword of the day in scumchat.

So I'm scum now? Got it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The person my vote is on.

Ok, thanks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

Case in point: it is these off-hand lashing-out comments that I am finding scummy in tone.

Yeah, he's just trying to discredit my vote. He doesn't actually care about figuring my alignment out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Ok, so she didn't say the thing you said she said at all. Got it. Glad we've cleared this up. What do you think of DBD?

Merk you actually have to read the posts I'm quoting at you for this discussion to work.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

As opposed to yuming who literally voted every person who suspected her. Really odd that "nothing jumps out at you" from her considering this statement you just made about me. Voting OMGUS mixed with fluff reasoning? Totally town yuming play. DBD saying, "this reasoning sucks because...?" Scum play.

Keep in mind one of your votes was this:

I voted Varinn, switched to yuming who I think has a better chance of flipping scum, both who are directly involved with the vig play, yet you discredit an entire post as having "zero risk opinions" while your vote based off of the same action is "risky"? How?

You just said you thought TNL was scum defending town, and now I am throwing up everywhere all of a sudden as scum? Make up your mind!

Yeah, this is a scum post. You don't give a drat about scum hunting, only not getting lynched.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Merk you actually have to read the posts I'm quoting at you for this discussion to work.

Jokes aside, I don't see your point of view here. I'm happy to move on.

ninja: If you think I'm scummy for that, make a case. If you don't, great.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If DBD flips town, Khris Kruel will eat another hat.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

What TNL quoted is is a rehash of things I have already posted about both Amni and hambeet.

I'm not speaking in hypotheticals, this is my main POV on the game, and in what TNL is quoting I was both trying to explain my own vote on Amni and my suspicion on hambeet and DBD's POV.

yuming posted:

I think ham reads like scum coming into a situation with outside knowledge.

Seeing votes on Amni scum immediately want a new angle to avoid looking like they’re taking advantage of what they see as an easy target.

Hambeets wording without a vote really bothers me because it’s just talking negatively without taking a stance. I also think the wording is too strong for the situation if he’s not going to leave a vote. That’s what is scummy about it to me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

merk is willfully playing dense and blind to his own posting which is filled with the same "no risk" opinions (something I would never categorize somebody else with until accused of!) and trying to strongarm the thread with some faux "town arbiter" attitude he occasionally whips out.

He's turning a blind eye to things you do scummy but attributing it to other people.

My reasoning for my voting is out there. He called it "no risk". Voted me because of it.

Now he's asking who I think is scum even though he read it and called it "no risk".

None of that sits well with me.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I'm suspicious of Khris Kruel.

He post his case on LIGER, which I personally think is weak. (Based on a disliking LIGER's joke third vote on Amnistar which has been highly discussed. I might be a bit unfair to call it weak here since it was early in the day and there wasn't a lot to work with.) However, all KK has done is talk about LIGER.

Khris Kruel posted:

Also notice that merk hasn't once mentioned their read on officer liger

Khris Kruel posted:

I have no idea why y'all are giving Liger a town pass, he is worthless and doing his best attempt to keep us in joke vote phase

Khris Kruel posted:

I haven't seen any defense of Liger other than "ah my gut feels".

Liger hasn't given any content to the thread and is basically a lurker. He put a scummy 3rd vote on Amni when there were two serious votes, and he then spent time defending himself.

He's given no reads and his lynch would satisfy Tom Tucker's lynching a lurker
For someone criticizing people for not talking about his case, he sure isn't talking about anything else. But he's around enough to do a pet give to Yuming. He found a thing to latch onto but is uninteresting in looking at anyone other than LIGER (and maybe merk for not looking into LIGER).

##vote Khris Kruel

Also when looking through histories, I note that Lord Nad has done something similar. LN had that big defense post back towards Tom Tucker, then disappeared. But not enough to also do a pet give. He's also then clearly around, but not so much after some heat from others got on him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Yeah, this is a scum post. You don't give a drat about scum hunting, only not getting lynched.

He is describing his play and the suspicions he has already expressed.

Your emotions are getting in the way of your reading comprehension.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

yuming posted:

What TNL quoted is is a rehash of things I have already posted about both Amni and hambeet.

I'm not speaking in hypotheticals, this is my main POV on the game, and in what TNL is quoting I was both trying to explain my own vote on Amni and my suspicion on hambeet and DBD's POV.

Why do you believe scum would have seen your Amni suspicion as an easy target?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Token Female posted:

I'm suspicious of Khris Kruel.

He post his case on LIGER, which I personally think is weak. (Based on a disliking LIGER's joke third vote on Amnistar which has been highly discussed. I might be a bit unfair to call it weak here since it was early in the day and there wasn't a lot to work with.) However, all KK has done is talk about LIGER.

For someone criticizing people for not talking about his case, he sure isn't talking about anything else. But he's around enough to do a pet give to Yuming. He found a thing to latch onto but is uninteresting in looking at anyone other than LIGER (and maybe merk for not looking into LIGER).

##vote Khris Kruel

Also when looking through histories, I note that Lord Nad has done something similar. LN had that big defense post back towards Tom Tucker, then disappeared. But not enough to also do a pet give. He's also then clearly around, but not so much after some heat from others got on him.

I would also vote KK. He disappeared so there’s not much going on there.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

He is describing his play and the suspicions he has already expressed.

Your emotions are getting in the way of your reading comprehension.

My emotions? Huh?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am pretty sold on DBD as scum based on the reaction here as well.

Like getting votes is frustrating, but DBD claims he is SO SOLD on me being scum so then why this--

Deadbeat Dad posted:

merk is willfully playing dense and blind to his own posting which is filled with the same "no risk" opinions (something I would never categorize somebody else with until accused of!) and trying to strongarm the thread with some faux "town arbiter" attitude he occasionally whips out.

He's turning a blind eye to things you do scummy but attributing it to other people.

My reasoning for my voting is out there. He called it "no risk". Voted me because of it.

Now he's asking who I think is scum even though he read it and called it "no risk".

None of that sits well with me.
Why is he addressing me here? He isn't even attacking my casing of himself as scummy, but ?possibly calling merk scum to me who he also thinks is scum?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

I would love not to get lynched, seeing as I'm town.

I voted yuming without any sort of OMGUS reasoning or personal vendetta, it is "scumhunting" in every sense of the word. I gave my reasoning as to why I didn't like her posting. Her response to the vote sealed the deal for me.

yuming's votes:

A second vote on Amni after a underwhelming (IMO) Varinn vote/post/case
Voting hambeet because he called Amni voting "lowest hanging fruit" (but really because he called her posting bad)
Voting me because of throwing suspicion her way (but saying it's because of meta HP stuff/skimming/etc)

I'm not sure what else you want out of me because it's clear you're accepting that sort of play as viable, normal town play and dismiss everything I do as "no risk" which is a dumb buzzword that isn't applicable for everyone.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I am happy to move my vote if needed, I am the only one voting him, but I encourage everyone to reconsider LordNad. His vote is currently sitting on Liger and after it became clear there wasn't going to be much heat on him (people flat out said they were ignoring the interactions) he disappeared. Here's all his content over the past two days:

May 4th:

LordNad posted:

Cliffnotes: Andy thinks my case is bad and Tom is using that to launch me

LordNad posted:

##petgive Jose

For making me laugh

May 5th: nothing.

LordNad was pushed, so pushed back, but once it became clear the case on him was going to be disregarded as white noise he evaporated, leaving his vote on the leading bandwagon, and posting just enough to try to avoid the appearance of disappearing.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

What do you think of DBD?

On your initial callout I felt like on reflection he was playing like he did as scum in one of our more recent games together where he was present and expressing suspicions but didn't really follow up on them or push them meaningfully. After looking more closely into the exchange he had with yuming and his post history in general I feel he's a lot more engaged in conversation this game, I can see a throughline in how his suspicions have developed, and on review I found both his votes on Varinn and yuming to have compelling points that I agreed with. I don't think I would vote him today and don't find his recent posts to be scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I actually agree and think LordNad still makes a better candidate for today’s lunch.

He disappeared after he got some entry-level opinions out there, caught some heat, and then hosed off for the remainder of D1.

I kinda see the case on DBD but he is here and posting. I’d vote him to prevent a NL but I would much rather vote one of the people who showed up, did some poo poo, caught heat, beat the heat, then hit the street. (Birb and LordNad, IMO)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

I am happy to move my vote if needed, I am the only one voting him, but I encourage everyone to reconsider LordNad. His vote is currently sitting on Liger and after it became clear there wasn't going to be much heat on him (people flat out said they were ignoring the interactions) he disappeared. Here's all his content over the past two days:

May 4th:

May 5th: nothing.

LordNad was pushed, so pushed back, but once it became clear the case on him was going to be disregarded as white noise he evaporated, leaving his vote on the leading bandwagon, and posting just enough to try to avoid the appearance of disappearing.

I would be really happy to revisit this vote today.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

Why is he addressing me here? He isn't even attacking my casing of himself as scummy, but ?possibly calling merk scum to me who he also thinks is scum?

I'm assuming you mean ~not~ addressing you, but I've said all I have to say about you tbh. I don't want to get into a back and forth with you because it will get exhausting. You could have legitimate reads on me, I happen to think they're more reactive and OMGUS than you're putting on. That's fine. The problem is that I don't like any of your votes this game, and the final vote on me sealed it.

As TNL said, I'm not sure you would have voted my direction if I hadn't thrown shade your way. That in itself isn't inherently scummy, but I find it funny that merk is implying that THAT is somehow "town scumhunting" and what I'm doing isn't. Which is why merk is getting brought up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I actually agree and think LordNad still makes a better candidate for today’s lunch.

He disappeared after he got some entry-level opinions out there, caught some heat, and then hosed off for the remainder of D1.

I kinda see the case on DBD but he is here and posting. I’d vote him to prevent a NL but I would much rather vote one of the people who showed up, did some poo poo, caught heat, beat the heat, then hit the street. (Birb and LordNad, IMO)

(and KK)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

##unvote

Sorry all I'm just catching up, but how have lordnad and KK just dissapeared after being called out on their votes?

##vote LordNad but consider this a vote on both, I think LordNad is the voteleader with Tom's sole vote.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Tom Tucker posted:

Yes, I would also vote for Lord Nad

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I see I'm not the only one who thought this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

LordNad posted:

So you admit you voted for a guy with 2 serious votes who you thought was town

Solely speaking on tone, this is a pretty scummy post. It's gotcha scum hunting at best.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, let's see what happens. ##vote LordNad

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Voodoofly posted:

##unvote

Sorry all I'm just catching up, but how have lordnad and KK just dissapeared after being called out on their votes?

##vote LordNad but consider this a vote on both, I think LordNad is the voteleader with Tom's sole vote.

It's not quite the same. Lord Nad went away after being being voted for.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

Why do you believe scum would have seen your Amni suspicion as an easy target?
What I said wasn't "easy-target" it was an "easy point of entry to the thread."

Important context: I just played as scum and got a vigkill lategame in Cookfia and it was terrible trying to fake content around shooting it off.

I was using my thoughts on playing scum that game when I voted Amni, and again when I read the POV of players commenting on the Amni votes.

I imagine scum coming into a thread of known town players and trying to sound reasonable. Both DBD and hambeet were relatively indiscriminate in suspecting Varinn and myself-- LIGER was another can of worms for the joke. To me that perspective is scummy. It's easy to talk around and adjust which hambeet did by not voting and DBD did by switching between us.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Token Female posted:

It's not quite the same. Lord Nad went away after being being voted for.

I mean they both went away, and Nad had one vote on him.

They were also my top two people I'd vote for content after going over the thread last night, and I don't feel all that strongly over which one.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm assuming you mean ~not~ addressing you, but I've said all I have to say about you tbh. I don't want to get into a back and forth with you because it will get exhausting. You could have legitimate reads on me, I happen to think they're more reactive and OMGUS than you're putting on. That's fine. The problem is that I don't like any of your votes this game, and the final vote on me sealed it.

As TNL said, I'm not sure you would have voted my direction if I hadn't thrown shade your way. That in itself isn't inherently scummy, but I find it funny that merk is implying that THAT is somehow "town scumhunting" and what I'm doing isn't. Which is why merk is getting brought up.
I did mean addressing me. It read to me like the post was directed at me which I find odd if you think merk and I are scummy.

I also don't want to get stuck in a pit here, but I continue to find DBD scummy.

TNL, I am not reading as scummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

merk posted:

Solely speaking on tone, this is a pretty scummy post. It's gotcha scum hunting at best.

Yeah the use of "admit" is what turned me around - I had initial suspicion, then his response had be questioning it, but looking back at it again this post stood out, along with his disappearance once the heat died down.