Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

bought my first beans in february because i realized our country was literally going to do the worst possible job of managing this crisis

as we reopen to please number and because a bunch of chuds are bored of not having any service industry poors to poo poo upon, i think i somehow wasn't pessimistic enough

really wish i had a trunk freezer :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

MorrisBae posted:

Welp my chud family has decided to get together for a dinner party because VIRUS OVER

This includes my 90-year old grandfather

gently caress this stupid loving country
[Covid-19 May] Virus Over, Time for a Dinner Party

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I have gained so much respect for the humble soy bean during this pandemic. Okara cookies are delicious, tastes like cornbread.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Innocuous posted:

bought my first beans in february because i realized our country was literally going to do the worst possible job of managing this crisis

as we reopen to please number and because a bunch of chuds are bored of not having any service industry poors to poo poo upon, i think i somehow wasn't pessimistic enough

Here's what I do, I wear a mask, gloves and face shield when I go out.

When I get home, anything non-perishable (beans) or medication (also beans), stays in my detached garage for 3 days, before it comes it.

With the chuds returning to normal, beans should be back in stock soon. Hell I saw plenty of rice when I was out on Saturday

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Flesh Forge posted:

this is awesome because texas is cooking the everliving gently caress out of its books

peep that Texas vs CN death rate :shittypop:

e: oh wow that is super out of date, fake news!!

Texas is the third largest state in cattle slaughtering. no way their deaths growth has been linear for 2 solid months.

we're going to see just a massive spike in excess deaths when Texas gets around to publishing any numbers on it

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

alright alright alright

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257768408256409601

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

On the other hand I quit vaping weed and drinking and doubled down on working out. This has been the ultimate case study confirmation for me that fear is my only motivator.

:vince:

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

mystes posted:

The invitation was prefaced with "Our house is healthy! I go to work every day but there's only 20 people in the office!"

:rip:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

One of the reasons is 'because once your benefits run out in August, everybody is going to be looking for jobs and you want to get a head start!' Never mind that most jobs have frozen hiring.

Fool is an accurate name.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
so, Texas has had 33,573 cases vs 935 deaths = 2.78% CFR, which is still really suspiciously out of line with all the other states with a lot of cases (even Florida)
related, RIP BNO I liked you

fosborb posted:

Texas is the third largest state in cattle slaughtering. no way their deaths growth has been linear for 2 solid months.

we're going to see just a massive spike in excess deaths when Texas gets around to publishing any numbers on it

yeah the really abnormally low fatality rate has bothered me for a long while now, even more once it came out that Florida really is interfering with death count.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/LOLBeReasonable/status/1257730122150490113
jesus christ

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

MorrisBae posted:

The invitation was prefaced with "Our house is healthy! I go to work every day but there's only 20 people in the office!"

:rip:

a co-worker is being heavily pressured by her family to attend a wedding still planned in Nebraska this weekend, like 2 days after the state opens up

the wedding is at a house. the invite list is 60+ people lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Stefan Prodan posted:

well my wife and I had to go into a law office for like 10 minutes and were near 3 total people that we weren't super close to but none of them were wearing masks or anything and now today she has a sore throat and is dizzy but no fever or cough

I still feel like that level of exposure with nobody coughing or anything seems really unlikely to have infected her? but we haven't gone out or done anything else so I dunno where she could have gotten like a normal cold/flu either

not sure if we should bother to quarantine, we've been doing our normal routine for a week, feels like if 10 minutes around 3 strangers can give it to her then surely she would have given it on to me already

if it makes you feel any better I was super sick for several days and it wasn't the roni as per the test. Like, super sick spiked a high fever one day only, couldn't breathe with a cough, sore throat like I had strep, swelling in my legs with discoloration, spike in my blood pressure and all the stuff with that, my entire body hurt in a deep bone pain, my kidney's were on fire and I was pissing like a racehorse. I got a test and it was negative. No idea where I caught something because I'd only physically been around 3 humans in my apartment and the day before it started I had to go to a UPS store with 7 people that were too close for my liking and all but one wearing a mask. It took almost week but I only have the sore throat and slight body pains now

That being said try to get a test. If you have insurance call them and they'll walk you through the process you can also call your primary doctor if you have one, unsure if you do. Push warm/hot fluids, hot showers, make sure she eats and try to keep the salt levels down but try to keep potassium up, gargle with warm salt water (for any type of bacterial throat issues, don't swallow it) I'm sure you know the routine. Mine started with a sore throat so bad I was sure was strep and high blood pressure where I was dizzy and seeing stars if I stood up too fast or bent over my doctor said there were other viruses going around that were just as bad as covid but not the flu and when I asked she said "you'll hear about it" I wanted to press the issue but I was sick AF and that wasn't the time.

e: reading that over didn't make it sound better :(

facetoucher cat has issued a correction as of 21:39 on May 5, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the constituon means white People can do whatever they want

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm not going nowhere for a long time except back to sea when I can't take staying inside anymore, which is a risk but eh someone's gotta do it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

at least someone here gets it

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

w/r/t dysfunctional government its literally because we are now going on 4 generations that have it engrained that the most likely path towards not having to upset your emotional and physical state is by finding a position and maintaining status quo for as long as possible. It is embedded in everything. big box stores and franchises, being in the same loving war for 19 years, reducing social interaction to more and more stay at home experiences tailored to you and people like you, and whenever someone comes in and actually tries to change something it is a loving war of attrition.

The grift is to give the appearance of change and hope and improvement while skimming off the top of actually never doing anything

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mackers posted:

discordant voices make for a more interesting posting experience imho

a shameful snype

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

went out to the UPS store in my neighborhood in Queens today, first time since March 13th I’ve done anything other than go to my local grocery store across the street. that’s always been at 8am too.

lots of people. lines to get in everywhere. about half of people wearing masks?

I dunno what that means, it was just genuinely strange to be ‘doing things.’

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
facetoucher cat I'm still not convinced that wasn't the roni

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

states with less than a 5% CFR rate are either testing a lot more or are mispresenting covid deaths

I'll let you guess which one

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

facetoucher cat posted:

if it makes you feel any better I was super sick for several days and it wasn't the roni as per the test. Like, super sick spiked a high fever one day only, couldn't breathe with a cough, sore throat like I had strep, swelling in my legs with discoloration, spike in my blood pressure and all the stuff with that, my entire body hurt in a deep bone pain, my kidney's were on fire and I was pissing like a racehorse. I got a test and it was negative. No idea where I caught something because I'd only physically been around 3 humans in my apartment and the day before it started I had to go to a UPS store with 7 people that were too close for my liking and all but one wearing a mask. It took almost week but I only have the sore throat and slight body pains now

That being said try to get a test. If you have insurance call them and they'll walk you through the process you can also call your primary doctor if you have one, unsure if you do. Push warm/hot fluids, hot showers, make sure she eats and try to keep the salt levels down but try to keep potassium up, gargle with warm salt water (for any type of bacterial throat issues, don't swallow it) I'm sure you know the routine. Mine started with a sore throat so bad I was sure was strep and high blood pressure where I was dizzy and seeing stars if I stood up too fast or bent over my doctor said there were other viruses going around that were just as bad as covid but not the flu and when I asked she said "you'll hear about it" I wanted to press the issue but I was sick AF and that wasn't the time.

maybe this is a dumb question but like does it actually matter to get a test if we don't have to be anywhere or see anyone soon anyway

I figured we'd just be using a test that someone more high risk might need

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

euphronius posted:

this

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Crazyweasel posted:

w/r/t dysfunctional government its literally because we are now going on 4 generations that have it engrained that the most likely path towards not having to upset your emotional and physical state is by finding a position and maintaining status quo for as long as possible. It is embedded in everything. big box stores and franchises, being in the same loving war for 19 years, reducing social interaction to more and more stay at home experiences tailored to you and people like you, and whenever someone comes in and actually tries to change something it is a loving war of attrition.

The grift is to give the appearance of change and hope and improvement while skimming off the top of actually never doing anything

Yeah I feel like I'm crazy but hasn't anyone noticed that their entire life nothing has ever changed except to get slowly worse overall

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

shovelbum posted:

Yeah I feel like I'm crazy but hasn't anyone noticed that their entire life nothing has ever changed except to get slowly worse overall

personally things have got better but the overall trend is poo poo yes . I don’t even compare myself tho to my dad at my age as that would be sad .

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Innocuous posted:

I have 50 days worth of rice and beans and every day I think that I should have expanded that out to a year

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

KaptainKrunk posted:

states with less than a 5% CFR rate are either testing a lot more or are mispresenting covid deaths

I'll let you guess which one

"There is nationwide pandemic. Things can only go back to normal after it is solved"

"What's the metric for 'solved'?"

"Less than 5% CFR"

"Great! We'll get right on fudging those numbers"

".........."

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

personally things have got better but the overall trend is poo poo yes . I don’t even compare myself tho to my dad at my age as that would be sad .

Yeah I've done really like well for myself career wise in some ways but it's still just a very dull hopeless feeling that I'm not even on the same order of magnitude as the security in healthcare/housing/education/retirement that boomers/foreigners enjoy

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

fosborb posted:

a co-worker is being heavily pressured by her family to attend a wedding still planned in Nebraska this weekend, like 2 days after the state opens up

the wedding is at a house. the invite list is 60+ people lmao

They'll show that pesky virus!

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

shovelbum posted:

Yeah I've done really like well for myself career wise in some ways but it's still just a very dull hopeless feeling that I'm not even on the same order of magnitude as the security in healthcare/housing/education/retirement that boomers/foreigners enjoy

lol imagine what your outlook would be like if you got to see civil rights movements and leaving vietnam, and pensions, and maybe like dissolution of USSR meanwhile Gen X and later got some protracted wars, bailouts, poo poo excuse for healthcare, couple recessions, never ending debt and immigrants in cages

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Why is it that legions of chuds who never wanted to go outside of their private bunkers all of a sudden can't live without freaky-dancing against their neighbors at the local salon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it has been nice to see gay people not routinely be lynched and excluded from public life I guess

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

It's literally this.

But 100 years later they were like....well all right maybe you can't own black people as property, sorry our bad on that one.

And then in like 2008 they were like but ALSO EVERYONE CAN HAVE ALL THE GUNS ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

lol

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

america wont take it seriously until drowning in its own lung fluid and probably not even then

demon cracker nation

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

eric ciaramella posted:

“The more that you have people out there, the greater the possibility is for transmission,” Abbott said on the call, which a spokesperson confirmed was authentic on Tuesday. “The goal never has been to get transmission down to zero.”

COME ON

This is similar to Paul Ryan's comment about healthcare coverage, something like "this isn't a beauty contest to see how low of uncovered people we can get"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ages posted:

when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's corona

oh man this thing goes after eyes too now???

mystes posted:

gonna be a Donner Party for july 4th

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

facetoucher cat I'm still not convinced that wasn't the roni

yeah, I'm not 100% sure either, nor was my dr tbh

I have to call the dr tomorrow to see if they want to give me the antibody test, I'm not sure how the study on it or if they are going to want to give it to me if they feel the test is valid enough. My lungs are so fuct from years of abuse I'd think I would have been dead considering how horrible this virus is. My husband was kinda icky for under 24 hours but he has the immune system of an olympic athlete and thinking back he's gotten the actual flu before and I never caught it from him and we didn't really socially distance, it was hard in a 1br/1ba apartment

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

got any sevens posted:

oh man this thing goes after eyes too now???

gonna be a Donner Party for july 4th

yep

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200401/pink-eye-often-a-symptom-of-covid-19#1

quote:

WEDNESDAY, April 1, 2020 (HealthDay News) -- Besides causing COVID-19, the new coronavirus can also lead to "pink eye," and Chinese researchers say the virus may be spread by tears.

Of 38 patients with COVID-19, a dozen also had pink eye (conjunctivitis), a new study found. In two patients, the coronavirus was present in both nasal and eye fluids.

"Some COVID-19 patients have ocular symptoms, and maybe novel coronaviruses are present in the conjunctival secretions of patients with COVID-19," said researcher Dr. Liang Liang of the ophthalmology department at China Three Gorges University in Yichang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
New Era Field, originally Rich Stadium and known as Ralph Wilson Stadium from 1998 to 2015, is a stadium in Orchard Park, New York, a suburb south of Buffalo. Opened in 1973, it is the home of the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL) Capacity 71,608 (current)[1]