Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Liger was the vote leader for most of the day. It's pretty natural for DBD to have talked about him.

I've basically ignored Liger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

merk posted:

Sure.

Cherry-picking those lines from his post history really shows it. He starts off waving a hand over every vote against him as scummy. Then, he tries to point out hypocrisy in my case against him multiple times. He concludes by insinuating (but never saying) that I am scum. Those are all discredit tactics, not actual scum hunting.

Understood & agreed, actually

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Amnistar posted:

This. It's so wierd to me to just re-iterate that you're not voting Liger and harping on it. This is coming across as an attempt to tie themselves to Liger so when they DBD flips scum, we will turn to liger next.

I re-iterated it because you brought up some wacky theories on "traction" which I found totally baseless. Besides me, Liger and Nad were the only other people with "traction" so I reiterated my thoughts on Liger and provided a thought on Nad.

My first mention of Liger was when he was being talked about more and I wanted to provide my thoughts on him, which was finding him perfectly fine.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Sure.

Cherry-picking those lines from his post history really shows it. He starts off waving a hand over every vote against him as scummy. Then, he tries to point out hypocrisy in my case against him multiple times. He concludes by insinuating (but never saying) that I am scum. Those are all discredit tactics, not actual scum hunting.

Now that is a lot more convincing. I see what you’re saying now, far more eager to call the people casing him scum (without much evidence) than to try and talk about his play.

Hmm hmm hmm

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

merk posted:

Sure.

Yeah this makes more sense, although I'd want to reread it again in context of the thread. Still prefer KK or Nad.

SANDY: who is Birb?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

vivat virtute posted:

Understood & agreed, actually

(Keep in mind, merk has yet to respond how what he is throwing at me doesn't apply to yuming)

I'm not doing performative scumhunting for someone who I'm not even sure about alignment wise. I've put my reads out there. The same reason why I didn't want to continue a back and forth with Tom earlier in the day if he didn't believe my skimming/not knowing the vig kill thing, there's only so much I can say when that's literally all it was.

I don't need to adjust my playstyle for anybody. I'll continue to look at 2-3 people max on D1 and keep my main vote on 1 or 2 I find scummy or else it'll get too complicated for me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah this makes more sense, although I'd want to reread it again in context of the thread. Still prefer KK or Nad.

SANDY: who is Birb?
Birb is not in this game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im gettin empanadas later tonight guys! :dance:

Amnistar posted:

false bus

this is 5th dimension mafia here

i'm good with a lordnad vote.

DBD do you have any cases not tied to possible omgus?

is jam ever returning to this game?

##vote lordnad

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sorry I thought Hawke was Birb my bad. Shalashaska Hawke. Had way more heat, disappeared way harder.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mafia edit this should be in my post

Voodoofly posted:

whats your take on kruel? aside from being super abrasive what made him ping your scumdar?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

(Keep in mind, merk has yet to respond how what he is throwing at me doesn't apply to yuming)

Every case I make is independent of every other case. What might be a scum tell in one place may not move me in another. You putting me in this false box isn’t going to work. It’s Just you discrediting me again instead of trying to figure out my alignment.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm not doing performative scumhunting for someone who I'm not even sure about alignment wise. I've put my reads out there. The same reason why I didn't want to continue a back and forth with Tom earlier in the day if he didn't believe my skimming/not knowing the vig kill thing, there's only so much I can say when that's literally all it was.

I don't need to adjust my playstyle for anybody. I'll continue to look at 2-3 people max on D1 and keep my main vote on 1 or 2 I find scummy or else it'll get too complicated for me.

But you have, in fact, called many people who cased you scummy ostensible for casing you/not casing you properly.

If you’re scumhunting as usual and only look at 2-3 people on D1, is it coincidence that everyone you’ve called scum just happened to have casted suspicion on you?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

OFFICER LIGER posted:

mafia edit this should be in my post

whats your take on kruel? aside from being super abrasive what made him ping your scumdar?

Merk made me look at him again - I was reading townie on him until last night.

This post from a little while ago sums it up

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

merk posted:

Every case I make is independent of every other case. What might be a scum tell in one place may not move me in another. You putting me in this false box isn’t going to work. It’s Just you discrediting me again instead of trying to figure out my alignment.

Yeah this convinced me on DBD - I'd vote him today as well. Prefer LordNad, though.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sandwolf posted:

Sorry I thought Hawke was Birb my bad. Shalashaska Hawke. Had way more heat, disappeared way harder.
Yes, that’s who is birb afaik

But he is not in this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote DBD

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I love you Sandy but this is still completely jibberish. I assume you are referring to some other game?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

##vote DBD

are you completely done with KK? you convinced me to look at him again, but it seems like I'm the only one.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

are you completely done with KK? you convinced me to look at him again, but it seems like I'm the only one.

I’m slightly gun shy on KK d1 because I just lynched him as town d1 in HP.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

I love you Sandy but this is still completely jibberish. I assume you are referring to some other game?

Jesus loving Christ yeah I am. gently caress me

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm really about to lose it actually.

MY TWO loving VOTES THIS GAME ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO NEVER VOTED OR SUSPECTED ME PRIOR: VARINN AND YUMING.

THAT IS NOT OMGUS.

merk handwaved an entire loving post of mine and said "lol no risk posting" and people are not questioning this at all when I could literally do the same thing to anybody and it would be just as baseless and random and dismissive.

merk's entire case of me "not scumhunting" and "calling people scummy that questioned me" IS. ENTIRELY. APPLICABLE. TO. YUMING. He refuses to look at yuming with any sort of seriousness. Both of my votes are independent opinions where there was no suspicion of me from those players before that. I had town gut reads from Amni and Liger who both were getting some suspicion but found their posting/actions etc to be townie. All of this is transparent and out there and merk is still asking who I think is scum, like I'm going to rattle off 4-5 names with some connection when that information cannot be gleaned D1, not without me being completely disingenuous.

Again, yuming has TWO votes are on people who suspected her prior.

The only person I went mega OMGUS on was calling merk scummy because it's annoying when he comes in at random to pick a post he doesn't like and call it garbage and poke and prod on some Floyd Mayweather Jr. poo poo where he avoids getting called out for inconsistencies he or the person he's defending are doing, but keeps throwing things out that I have addressed or replied to.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Voodoofly posted:

I don't think Yuming is scummy. I don't really get TNL's case about her trying to frame her posts in how they would appear, I think she was just trying to refute DBD's case.

I haven't read DBD so I have no opinion there.

CCK, are you expecting a response from me at all? I think your vote on Andy was bad, I don't really have an opinion on you digging through my old games other than I'm sure we could waste a lot of time finding examples to show one way or the other, and I absolutely don't think my history of voting lurkers says anything about my alignment one way or another.

Catching up some, but I guess not, at this point. I think it's scummy to point toward meta like that, especially when the meta doesn't match your behavior. I think it's scummy, I think you're scum, and nobody else does so I shall shout and scream to the heavens.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is going to sound really crappy of me, and I’m sorry, but the frustration you’re trying to evoke is not ringing true. Your post is just too long for that frustration to actually be realistic.

I’ve been in your shoes as scum. I’ve leaned into the feigned frustration and made posts like that. Long, multiple points.

I’ve also been the lynch leader as town and actually been frustrated. The posts are short.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
anyway, my vote is where it is. I’d probably switch to just about anyone to avoid a no lynch.

Going to workout now.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

I’ve also been the lynch leader as town and actually been frustrated. The posts are short.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What the gently caress lol

You do realize that lunches with pushback and arguments often lead to scum getting lunched, right? That voting someone out with relative ease and traction isn't a good thing all of the time?

I already said I'm not voting Liger who was vote leader, everybody else had 1-2 votes including yuming. Why can't it be yuming? Who am I voting with traction, myself? There is no good or bad loving cases on D1 (well, unless it's totally baseless/no effort but you get the gist of what I'm saying) because it's D1 and most of it is gut. A "good case" to most people is writing more fluff and selling it to people because a lot of people feel "bad vibes" about this person and a big effortpost goes rewarded. Most of the time that person is lurking/inactive town that isn't arguing well for themselves. "Good cases" can be shot down by anyone at anytime because a scum partner(s) are protecting their partner or ignored all together.

Can you elaborate on this and how this has affected your play today?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm really about to lose it actually.
Okay, calm down. Talk to me; I haven't said anything about you yet. Why is the case against you bad? Not why is yuming the bad one, actually, why are you good?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
It's also kinda lovely and unrealistic when 6-10 people are voting you/throwing suspicion at you, many with reasons you find to be BS, for people to be like "hey DBD, make a read that isn't OMGUS on someone not involved your potential lunch with lovely or misguided reasoning, surely none of those people can be scum". Especially when your votes have been for people that hadn't spoken about you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, calm down. Talk to me; I haven't said anything about you yet. Why is the case against you bad? Not why is yuming the bad one, actually, why are you good?

Woah. This is bad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

vivat virtute posted:

or is it a scumslip because you know DBD is town

Yeah I don't like it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It's also kinda lovely and unrealistic when 6-10 people are voting you/throwing suspicion at you, many with reasons you find to be BS, for people to be like "hey DBD, make a read that isn't OMGUS on someone not involved your potential lunch with lovely or misguided reasoning, surely none of those people can be scum". Especially when your votes have been for people that hadn't spoken about you.

Persuade us to vote someone else. That’s mafia(tm).

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I made some jerk chicken and rice so I'm about to eat but I'll reply to those two posts when I'm back! (~20-30)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

poo poo as long as you bring enough jerk chicken for all of us

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

merk posted:

Woah. This is bad.

agreed.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

merk posted:

Woah. This is bad.

merk posted:

Persuade us to vote someone else. That’s mafia(tm).
Make up your mind :colbert:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

Yes, that’s who is birb afaik

But he is not in this game.

The ultimate lurker, we must execute them immediately.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapnAndy posted:

Make up your mind :colbert:

Who is scum and why

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
Mafia edit

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm on call for work and everything has been blowing up all day so I might not have a lot of time to read or post before the deadline.

I'm not crazy about the LIGER or LordNad cases, but between the two I'll ##vote LordNad mostly based on my read of LIGER being town. I'll vote anyone but myself to prevent a no-launch though.