Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm really about to lose it actually.

Yeah dude, I can tell you're getting frustrated and I think, like, especially now it's easy to get frustrated and to have things feel really lovely. I'm sorry you're not having a good time and I hope you come back fresh and feeling better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

merk posted:

Who is scum and why
lmao ah yes let me give you my list of very good cases generated here, on day 1. When I've got a read I'll tell you guys about it!

Now what does that have to do with why it's bad for me to ask dbd to defend himself properly but cool for you to do it two posts later, because... bruh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

I am happy to move my vote if needed, I am the only one voting him, but I encourage everyone to reconsider LordNad. His vote is currently sitting on Liger and after it became clear there wasn't going to be much heat on him (people flat out said they were ignoring the interactions) he disappeared. Here's all his content over the past two days:

May 4th:

May 5th: nothing.

LordNad was pushed, so pushed back, but once it became clear the case on him was going to be disregarded as white noise he evaporated, leaving his vote on the leading bandwagon, and posting just enough to try to avoid the appearance of disappearing.

Going back and visiting LordNad, this feels really weak and I'm surprised there has been a push of momentum towards them.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapnAndy posted:

lmao ah yes let me give you my list of very good cases generated here, on day 1. When I've got a read I'll tell you guys about it!

Now what does that have to do with why it's bad for me to ask dbd to defend himself properly but cool for you to do it two posts later, because... bruh.

I told DBD to convince us someone else is scum.
You’re asking DBD to convince us he is town.

The name of the game is to find scum. Who do you think it is and why?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

This is going to sound really crappy of me, and I’m sorry, but the frustration you’re trying to evoke is not ringing true. Your post is just too long for that frustration to actually be realistic.

I’ve been in your shoes as scum. I’ve leaned into the feigned frustration and made posts like that. Long, multiple points.

I’ve also been the lynch leader as town and actually been frustrated. The posts are short.

merk rhymes with jerk

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Putting it this way is a good point.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm on call for work and everything has been blowing up all day so I might not have a lot of time to read or post before the deadline.

I'm not crazy about the LIGER or LordNad cases, but between the two I'll ##vote LordNad mostly based on my read of LIGER being town. I'll vote anyone but myself to prevent a no-launch though.

I realize I probably tunneled on Liger. If you aren't crazy with either case who do you think is scum?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I don't buy the DBD case, and so far I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary with yuming.

LordNad's not my first choice, but I'd do that one to avoid a no-lynch.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

Wouldn't voting for the easy target be an easy point of entry to the thread?

yuming posted:

What I said wasn't "easy-target" it was an "easy point of entry to the thread."

Important context: I just played as scum and got a vigkill lategame in Cookfia and it was terrible trying to fake content around shooting it off.

I was using my thoughts on playing scum that game when I voted Amni, and again when I read the POV of players commenting on the Amni votes.

I imagine scum coming into a thread of known town players and trying to sound reasonable. Both DBD and hambeet were relatively indiscriminate in suspecting Varinn and myself-- LIGER was another can of worms for the joke. To me that perspective is scummy. It's easy to talk around and adjust which hambeet did by not voting and DBD did by switching between us.

yuming posted:

I think ham reads like scum coming into a situation with outside knowledge.

Seeing votes on Amni scum immediately want a new angle to avoid looking like they’re taking advantage of what they see as an easy target.

Hambeets wording without a vote really bothers me because it’s just talking negatively without taking a stance. I also think the wording is too strong for the situation if he’s not going to leave a vote. That’s what is scummy about it to me.
Even looking back at the whole posts TNL is asking me about I don't really understand what he's getting at.

The clearest answer I can give is when I used the phrase easy target I am referring to the fact if scum entered the thread after Amni got three votes they certainly aren't going to want to add another knowing he is town. They are going to want to fake something else, and the easy point of entry is to go after those votes with the scum knowledge that everyone involved is town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapnAndy posted:

It’s not really a great move as a townie, if that’s what you are, to constantly describe D1 as a desert of content. How have you made it this far without any reads? I don’t think you’re scum cuz you took a similar line of logic in HP, but like, there’s a lot to go on out there. If you think DBD is town (and you appear to), who’s a better candidate to lunch today?

Merk’s statement is good

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

This one, didn’t want to paraphrase, I think it’s very succinctly put here

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah, I looked over Lord Nad and it kind of feels like essentially a lurker execution.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, I looked over Lord Nad and it kind of feels like essentially a lurker execution.

I'm worried he's probably not going to be around prior to the deadline to answer anything.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

who do you want to lunch then

if it’s Voodoofly on a eight year old meta case, surely you know that will convince no one, so who else?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx posted:

I'm worried he's probably not going to be around prior to the deadline to answer anything.

He *just* posted to unvote

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

He posted just before I did earlier, never mind.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

He *just* posted to unvote

As soon as he started getting heat again, no less

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm also not feeling Liger. I think we have a CASE of BADCASEITIS.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

LordNad posted:

I realize I probably tunneled on Liger. If you aren't crazy with either case who do you think is scum?

I don't have a strong scum read on anyone (which is pretty typical for D1).
LIGER is my strongest town read just based on the difference between how he played HP and how he is playing here. zzyzx has pinged my townie-gut too.

Keane is putting a lot of effort into the game, which is a little surprising to me given the persona Keane has been cultivating for the last decade+ but it is basically a null read. I don't think Amni is a sk day-vig so I doubt he is scum, I'd rather not launch him today. Andy seems a lot like HP Andy, so he's a town read for me as well.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

zzyzx posted:

I'm here, I'm just in Japan but set an alarm specifically to be up and here before the deadline for discussion.

Looking back I don't like Kumba's vote or content.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

if it’s Voodoofly on a eight year old meta case, surely you know that will convince no one, so who else?

It is really weird how you keep misrepresenting this

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

yuming posted:

Even looking back at the whole posts TNL is asking me about I don't really understand what he's getting at.

The clearest answer I can give is when I used the phrase easy target I am referring to the fact if scum entered the thread after Amni got three votes they certainly aren't going to want to add another knowing he is town. They are going to want to fake something else, and the easy point of entry is to go after those votes with the scum knowledge that everyone involved is town.

Why are you talking about some hypothetical fourth voter scum and writing off the first three votes here?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

Or, and bear with me here, they were calling out what they saw as horseshit opportunism.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

Why are you talking about some hypothetical fourth voter scum and writing off the first three votes here?
Because I'm not suspicious of myself. :sparkles: Or Varinn.

Also, I agree with what Jose said about LIGER. His tone here is different. I think he is town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

who do you want to lunch then

I mean, it's cool that you're breaking my case down into "AN EIGHT YEAR OLD META CASE", so here it is, again:

-Voodoofly suggested voting lurkers very early.
-I asked him why he thought this would benefit town.
-He didn't answer the question, instead saying, effectively, that it was his meta.
-I asked him to give examples of when he's done this, he said to check his past games.
-I checked his past games, he didn't do it, I asked him what's up with that.

I think that Voodoofly may be trying to play toward what he feels is his established meta. This isn't a natural move and is something folks would do if they are scum. This is my case. Please note that Voodoofly keeps leaning on his meta! He isn't really addressing why we should vote lurkers. He isn't presenting a convincing case of it. He is saying "it's my meta." That's bad! He should say "I see you don't think we should execute lurkers! Here is why I say we should!"

I really feel like some people just full on aren't reading what I'm saying and what happened, and are fixating on "lol 8 years!" It's obnoxious! The other people are scum, and at least they have an excuse for it!

THAT SAID, I'd probably go CapnAndy again.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Okay so remind me again why the people voting for easy target Amnistar weren't making an easy entry into the thread?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk is pulling a long form version of “u mad?”

keane is reading 8 year old games to case someone

momentum is building on someone based on the idea that a scum player would bail as soon as they got the overwhelming heat of two votes.

This game is very entertaining.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CCKeane posted:

THAT SAID, I'd probably go CapnAndy again.

The one thing that jumped out at me about Andy was that, if you put his posts in HP mafia side-by-side with his posts in this one and took the names off, I'd swear up and down they were written by different people. I normally try to avoid that kind of stuff, but the difference was so jarring even I noticed it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gut calls here, but I think yuming's points on Hambeet resonated a bit, and I do feel like somebody made some good points on Kumba.

Has anybody been tracking the pet status btw? I still haven't voted, I'd like to give a pet to yuming but if that's a lost cause then I'll check the vote leader situation.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, calm down. Talk to me; I haven't said anything about you yet. Why is the case against you bad? Not why is yuming the bad one, actually, why are you good?

I'm "good" because my opinions have been out there and independent of anyone accusing me prior to it. I'm being falsely attributed to being fueled by OMGUS when both of my votes were not OMGUS. I do think being able to get information from people who vote you or suspect you is important and needed, something I do often and will do this game if left alive, but it doesn't mean I find everybody who votes me scummy, just the ones who I feel have forced/baseless reasoning. merk fits that bill.

Why are they bad? The cases seem disingenuous, especially merk's. Any time I point out a clear rebuttal or hypocritical statement, it goes ignored and people "me too" a merk post that has been addressed already by me. The crux of merk's argument is that I have thrown out safe opinions and that I'm not scumhunting, I think I'm doing both. My vote is where I think scum will flip. I don't understand how voting with gut mixed with things I don't like that yuming (or Varinn) has/had done are "no risk opinions" and merk has yet to give a satisfactory answer to that.

I wrote the "barking up the right tree" comment because I think when people are right D1, there is more push back and arguing.The whole traction post from Amnistar is bad because scum want to find a safe, agreeable lunch. I think I fit that bill since I look bad to a lot of people for dubious reasons.

CCKeane posted:

Can you elaborate on this and how this has affected your play today?

Again with my barking up the right tree comment, I think I have stirred the hornet's nest a little bringing attention to yuming, aka a harder to swallow lunch. One that has "no traction" in a game full of people that had 1-2 votes besides Liger at the time. The fact that I'm not trying to package it neatly and that I found an inherent wrongness about yuming/potentially merk bothers people. There has been much more to take in with me/merk/TNL/yuming than anybody else, especially if one of us flips. I also think scum would be just fine lunching LordNad or Liger, both people who haven't been too active in their defense--players who have are targeted as people they'd be okay with as a last second/emergency lunch, and I don't want it to go in that direction even if at my expense.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CCKeane posted:

ditto

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

zzyzx posted:

The one thing that jumped out at me about Andy was that, if you put his posts in HP mafia side-by-side with his posts in this one and took the names off, I'd swear up and down they were written by different people. I normally try to avoid that kind of stuff, but the difference was so jarring even I noticed it.

zzyzx, it's absolutely ridiculous to read past games to make a case, please be serious.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote Kumba I still think this is a good vote.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CCKeane posted:

zzyzx, it's absolutely ridiculous to read past games to make a case, please be serious.

I know when to defer to the experts. Duly noted.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

Okay so remind me again why the people voting for easy target Amnistar weren't making an easy entry into the thread?
If you want to make your case against me then go ahead and do it.

I'm not going to answer why-you-think-I'm-scum.

I am also going to workout now. ttyl thread.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3921683&pagenumber=19&perpage=40#post504625331

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

As soon as he started getting heat again, no less

hmmmmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm "good" because my opinions have been out there and independent of anyone accusing me prior to it. I'm being falsely attributed to being fueled by OMGUS when both of my votes were not OMGUS. I do think being able to get information from people who vote you or suspect you is important and needed, something I do often and will do this game if left alive, but it doesn't mean I find everybody who votes me scummy, just the ones who I feel have forced/baseless reasoning. merk fits that bill.

Why are they bad? The cases seem disingenuous, especially merk's. Any time I point out a clear rebuttal or hypocritical statement, it goes ignored and people "me too" a merk post that has been addressed already by me. The crux of merk's argument is that I have thrown out safe opinions and that I'm not scumhunting, I think I'm doing both. My vote is where I think scum will flip. I don't understand how voting with gut mixed with things I don't like that yuming (or Varinn) has/had done are "no risk opinions" and merk has yet to give a satisfactory answer to that.

I wrote the "barking up the right tree" comment because I think when people are right D1, there is more push back and arguing.The whole traction post from Amnistar is bad because scum want to find a safe, agreeable lunch. I think I fit that bill since I look bad to a lot of people for dubious reasons.

Again with my barking up the right tree comment, I think I have stirred the hornet's nest a little bringing attention to yuming, aka a harder to swallow lunch. One that has "no traction" in a game full of people that had 1-2 votes besides Liger at the time. The fact that I'm not trying to package it neatly and that I found an inherent wrongness about yuming/potentially merk bothers people. There has been much more to take in with me/merk/TNL/yuming than anybody else, especially if one of us flips. I also think scum would be just fine lunching LordNad or Liger, both people who haven't been too active in their defense--players who have are targeted as people they'd be okay with as a last second/emergency lunch, and I don't want it to go in that direction even if at my expense.

It kind of feels like you're thinking more that yuming is scum because you got a negative reaction to your case on her, kind of strengthening your call there, would that be close to about where you are?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
okay i am now done with my shitshow of a workday. lets crack this case open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

kumba posted:

okay i am now done with my shitshow of a workday. lets crack this case open

Kumba says, opening up a nice fresh coors light.