Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Mayor Dave posted:

RIP your grandma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Let's plug that into the graph and see how the 'cubic fit' curve that the WH released 6 hours ago holds up:

Hmmmmm, some slight issues with the fit there.

Edit: at this rate it'll also blow through the IHME's new graph :v:

346 deaths in PA today which is nuts

I was mildly skeptical of seeing that sort of daily death count other than the big 5 like NY and Michigan

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

fosborb posted:

a co-worker is being heavily pressured by her family to attend a wedding still planned in Nebraska this weekend, like 2 days after the state opens up

the wedding is at a house. the invite list is 60+ people lmao

one wedding and 60 funerals

forty funerals and a wedding

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 22:56 on May 5, 2020

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

fosborb posted:

a co-worker is being heavily pressured by her family to attend a wedding still planned in Nebraska this weekend, like 2 days after the state opens up

Just lol if you haven't cut yourself off from any expectation of ever participating in social and family activities since your 20s. I mean are people even trying?[

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
So. Apparently I've lost my sense of taste and I don't mean because I'm wearing a bright yellow shirt that says I hate people but I can't taste anything and I told my husband about it and I guess I've been saying weird things like this XXX is bland or I need more spice after dousing something with cayenne pepper for 2 weeks. FML

I just noticed after making super sweet coffee and it tastes like water

I can still smell my cat's turd bombs so there's hope it's just something else. I really don't want to deal with this situation anymore :(

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

fosborb posted:

They're counting on the virus forgetting that Nebraska exists.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

shovelbum posted:

source you are quotes

going back to work isn't even a conservative argument, not really. A true conservative would ask: how are we going to increase the GDP if millions of workers die? The argument that the 'weak' should die so the strong can thrive is fascism.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Skypie posted:

going back to work isn't even a conservative argument, not really. A true conservative would ask: how are we going to increase the GDP if millions of workers die? The argument that the 'weak' should die so the strong can thrive is fascism.

The more death the better the per capita

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

facetoucher cat posted:

So. Apparently I've lost my sense of taste and I don't mean because I'm wearing a bright yellow shirt that says I hate people but I can't taste anything and I told my husband about it and I guess I've been saying weird things like this XXX is bland or I need more spice after dousing something with cayenne pepper for 2 weeks. FML

I can still smell my cat's turd bombs so there's hope it's just something else. I really don't want to deal with this situation anymore :(

Yup, that's covid, I read a survivor account and she said it took more than a month for her sense of taste and smell to return

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Skypie posted:

in the republican party system the chuds are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the fascists, who cull the weak to create a white ethnostate, and the capitalists, who kill for number. these are their stories.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Failson posted:

They're counting on the virus forgetting that Nebraska exists.

Nebraska was a good movie

Will Forte wandering the wastes with peepaw Bruce Dern

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
RIP facetoucher cat, hopefully it doesn't get you too bad

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/farr_reaching/status/1257747323712651270?s=20

quote:

Researchers at Baylor College of Medicine in the US have started a clinical trial to assess tuberculosis vaccine, bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG), for its activity against Covid-19.

In addition to Baylor College, four other institutions have opened enrolment for the BCG vaccine trial.

BCG vaccination mitigates the rate of other infections, according to Baylor College infectious diseases medicine assistant professor Dr Andrew DiNardo.

Molecular evidence also shows that BCG alters the body’s responds to a pathogen. It was found to rearrange DNA organisation to facilitate expression of different genes.

The clinical trial will test the vaccine in healthcare workers who treat Covid-19 patients and are at high risk of exposure to the virus. The vaccine will be compared to placebo.

Participants will be tracked using a questionnaire on a smartphone every few days over six months.

The BCG vaccine was found to help trigger an immune response against yellow fever and influenza. DiNardo noted that the vaccine may lead to 30% to 50% improvement in immune response against a pathogen such as SARS-CoV-2.

Baylor College researchers are working with multidisciplinary teams at Texas A&M University, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and Harvard University.

DiNardo said: “It is a very well-known and safe vaccine available now that might be able to work as a buffer until a Covid-19 vaccine is developed, which could take 18 months.

“When a Covid-19 vaccine comes out, the BCG vaccine should be tested with it to see if it improves the efficacy.”

A separate team at Baylor College is conducting a trial to compare two BCG strains for bladder cancer treatment. BCG vaccination is also being tested for its ability to improve the immune response and outcomes in this patient population.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mayor Dave posted:

Yup, that's covid, I read a survivor account and she said it took more than a month for her sense of taste and smell to return

If i wasn't so sure I was being tracked I'd go to a rally yee-haw mfers

e: joking for those of you without a sense of humor, no idea what virus killed that

twoday
May 4, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

username/post combo

please be well!

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
https://twitter.com/ZackFinkNews/status/1257698122609897473?s=19

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Mayor Dave posted:

is there any data yet on the sensitivity of the covid antigen test? it sure seems like dogshit.

edit: i mean with already having symptoms, you'd expect the virus to already be detectable.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mayor Dave posted:

Thanks. I'm actually on the mend from whatever I had, I think. I just hope my husband and cats don't get it. I tend to bounce back faster than he does if he does actually get sick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

so the truml admin didn’t do anything to stop covid, stole as much masks and Ppe they could, gave their buddies 3 trillion dollars, launched a propaganda campaign to ignite terrorists and make people thing the virus is fake, and then quit trying in mid May

twoday
May 4, 2005

Rauros posted:

is there any data yet on the sensitivity of the covid antigen test? it sure seems like dogshit.

I've read that a lot of them seem sketchy but there have been some positive developments lately

https://twitter.com/ahahospitals/status/1257793459991318531?s=20

https://twitter.com/HIDAorg/status/1257792430751002624?s=20

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

still lollin about 'gates is bad, but' that happened last month or w/e

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

so the truml admin didn’t do anything to stop covid, stole as much masks and Ppe they could, gave their buddies 3 trillion dollars, launched a propaganda campaign to ignite terrorists and make people thing the virus is fake, and then quit trying in mid May

it secured him re-election

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

hell yeah Trumo is gonna stop testing then claim any deaths above 65k 30k 15 are fake news and win in a landslide

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rauros posted:

edit: i mean with already having symptoms, you'd expect the virus to already be detectable.

I haven't heard anything yet from my dr yet. I call them tomorrow so we'll see, they're closed right now and I'm not going to call their emergency line to tell them. I saw a news clip on how it was valid but it was CNN so lmao, who knows

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Durf posted:

hell yeah Trumo is gonna stop testing then claim any deaths above 65k 30k 15 are fake news and win in a landslide

all those dead people voted Trumo!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

facetoucher cat posted:

all those dead people voted Trumo!

suddenly gop stops caring about voter fraud

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

twoday posted:

I've read that a lot of them seem sketchy but there have been some positive developments lately

https://twitter.com/ahahospitals/status/1257793459991318531?s=20

https://twitter.com/HIDAorg/status/1257792430751002624?s=20

excellent links for my link hole

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

shovelbum posted:

in the republican party system the chuds are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the fascists, who cull the weak to create a white ethnostate, and the capitalists, who kill for number. these are their stories.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1257794844732403713?s=20

hmm

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

life is a joke

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

This is going to end with you being a conspiracy theorists and i am laughing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

shovelbum posted:

it secured him re-election

it’s prolly not about truomf considering how hosed every other type of election will be when you brutalize impoverished people in a census and election year

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

yes because the democrats have also agreed to quit trying trying

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

so trumo has 15 days to figure out a plan to report 0 deaths

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

no one is on the verge of a breakthrough

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Google Butt posted:

so trumo has 15 days to figure out a plan to report 0 deaths

can start throwing reporters out windows

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

twitch school complete with white kids using racial slurs and shooting each other

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I've already asked my doctor for this in a "I'm joking but not really joking can you hook me up" manner and she just kinda muttered "I wish" under her breath and hurried and changed the subject on me before I said anything else that might piss her off

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

indigi posted:

Why are you in the PA subreddit though. that also seems like insanity

That’s where the center state chuds post and it’s useful to know what they’re talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Spime Wrangler posted:

i thought the planes still flying are back up to near full capacity, there's just fewer of them

that may be true, I'm not sure haven't flown in a couple years. i know that one time i took a night flight that was only about half full and everyone spread out after takeoff