Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Time Cowboy posted:

I hope they do a Forestmen-inspired build in the same spirit as Barracuda Bay. A big pirate ship, the big Space bases and ships, and the Forestmen bases were sets I always wanted and never got as a kid, so if Lego could keep supplying me with modernized versions of what I couldn’t get as a kid, I’d give them all my money.

All the same ones I wanted. For some reason, the forest dudes were the ones the gift-givers in my life picked up on me liking the least so I have practically none in my bin, but I've always had a weird thing for Robin Hood themed stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it will never in a million years make it but I like that UCS Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

the Sonic Mania one is so good though, I'd totally buy that.

the historically accurate rome one is a pretty neat idea but will never make it.

the ruined house is great too, really unique idea for a set, I think only the monster mansion really did the "condemned building" idea before, right?

the krusty krab one if nothing else is a really impressive build but it'll never happen because of the existing license and also that'd probably be a simpsons house-level price tag

the waterfall...sure I guess

I feel like there have been multiple futurama and iron giant ideas qualifiers before, right? that said, that Iron Giant is REALLY nice and could easily be made into a like 30 dollar set, I would totally buy that.

the zelda botw castle: lmao

the globe is fantastic and another one I would buy. would probably be priced on the level or a bit more than the storybook set they made if I had to guess.

the rest: there's some decent ones like the bowling alley or forest keep, but most are too ambitious(a large coraline set? really? and that snow groomer's treads would be at least 150 bucks in pieces alone), too bland(most of the space stuff honestly, oh boy a long tube! the saturn 5 managed to make it interesting by being so massive it had an internal structure but the ones shown in the contestants are all too small for that sort of thing), too dumb(much as I'd love an official minifig freddy mercury, that set, no thanks)

overall a pretty impressive loadout. the globe, iron giant, and sonic mania are all fantastic designs and relatively small so they'd be affordable too, at most 80 bucks I'd wager.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Waltzing Along posted:

I have a feeling they will do the globe. No IP and fits in with other Ideas sets as a desk display piece.

Yeah it's in the same vein as the story book or the ship in the bottle and I could see them doing it for that reason.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

Side by side drivers and interior seating (and a speeder bike), but $30 more.

Hell, I'll still buy it.

I like the new speeder bike build a lot. They usually don't look very good. Gimme a new Endor battle pack with one please Lego.

But yeah, not only is that cooler and more accurate looking than the older AT-ATs, but as a toy it's thought out much better too. I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
That waterfall and forest keep are insta buy sets for me.

That’s the one thing that’s really lacking, nature themed sets. I would absolutely love to have an immaculate waterfall and mountain, or some kind of forest in modular scale.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

OSU_Matthew posted:

That waterfall and forest keep are insta buy sets for me.

That’s the one thing that’s really lacking, nature themed sets. I would absolutely love to have an immaculate waterfall and mountain, or some kind of forest in modular scale.

They should do Greenacre Park (Manhattan) as a modular, it'd fit right in to the mini modular city

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

OSU_Matthew posted:

I agree wholeheartedly!

One of my very last sets before my dark ages began was 6552, Rocky River Retreat. If Lego would make a new woodsy subtheme for Town (that was NOT all based on logging and cops), that would be another way they could get all my money.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

They should do Greenacre Park (Manhattan) as a modular, it'd fit right in to the mini modular city

That’s dope—that would make an excellent park build for a city!

Bummed this pandemic has shut everything down because I was supposed to be there for the five boros bike tour last weekend. I guess a lego staycation isn’t the worst thing in the world, by a long shot though.

Time Cowboy posted:

I agree wholeheartedly!

One of my very last sets before my dark ages began was 6552, Rocky River Retreat. If Lego would make a new woodsy subtheme for Town (that was NOT all based on logging and cops), that would be another way they could get all my money.

I miss those cool old river base plates and canyon pieces, those were the absolute best. I’m assuming with the new cheese wedge tiles and pieces there’s no incentive for lego to do them again

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Time Cowboy posted:

I agree wholeheartedly!

There's a bit of a subtheme in the 3-in-1 sets along those lines with the cabin (31098) and the houseboat (31093) and the camper-van (31108).

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

OSU_Matthew posted:

I miss those cool old river base plates and canyon pieces, those were the absolute best. I’m assuming with the new cheese wedge tiles and pieces there’s no incentive for lego to do them again

Yeah, I'd say so. Those baseplates (of any style) aren't used anymore except for modulars and the plain or road baseplate packs. I kind of understand why, they're not very versatile compared to regular plates. I'd say the 3D molded ones would have been quite expensive to produce as well. It's a bit of a shame I think, I loved those 3D baseplates and use them a ton in my MOCs.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I really like the Castle in the Forest, but I'm a sucker for vintage Lego inspired stuff. As others said that could easily be turned into something like Barracuda Bay.

Yeah that would be the best way to get me to throw money at them.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Time Cowboy posted:

I hope they do a Forestmen-inspired build in the same spirit as Barracuda Bay. A big pirate ship, the big Space bases and ships, and the Forestmen bases were sets I always wanted and never got as a kid, so if Lego could keep supplying me with modernized versions of what I couldn’t get as a kid, I’d give them all my money.

That's what I'm hoping for too, for the same reasons.

One thing against (or maybe for?) it is if they do a similar thing with the Blacksmith from the earlier Ideas set.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Used to be big into Lego then started doing the small Architecture sets over the past couple of years, now waiting on my Taj Mahal set to arrive because quarantine so I thought I'd look into this thread. No idea where I'm gonna put it after I put it together!

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Badger of Basra posted:

Used to be big into Lego then started doing the small Architecture sets over the past couple of years, now waiting on my Taj Mahal set to arrive because quarantine so I thought I'd look into this thread. No idea where I'm gonna put it after I put it together!

My dude I've said that before every set I've bought in the last year. You'll figure it out! Life finds a way!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Badger of Basra posted:

No idea where I'm gonna put it after I put it together!

:same:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Lizard Combatant posted:

All the pieces for my landspeeder finally arrived and I could build it for real, much more satisfying!

More images here
Whoops, missed this earlier, coming back to say once more how loving stellar this build is. Congrats! How stable is it?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Wasn't there already a Technic snow groomer? 8263.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Stuntman Mike's "Death Proof" 1971 Chevy Nova

My take on the iconic, infamous classic Nova that Mike drives in the opening sequence of Death Proof. In addition to Mike's signature skull-and-crossed-bolts and chrome hood ornament, I also redesigned the fascia a little bit. Somebody on Rebrickable (correctly) pointed out that the way I had done the Nova's front end before, with the 45 degree cut triangle tiles, was too aggressive and more reminiscent of a Chevelle. This design feels a little less clever, but is undeniably more accurate to the Nova.

Lemme know what you think! I'm pretty happy about this one.

----------

Also, I don't like stickers, so I didn't use them - I had these pieces custom printed. I could have done it on the cheap at a laser printer, but I wanted to go with something higher quality: UV or pad printing. Unfortunately, these pricier printing methods come with minimum orders, tooling prices, and various economy-of-scale stuff that led me to go ahead and order 6 sets instead of 1, under the assumption that some of y'all may be interested in making one of these for yourself.

Here's the pitch: for $15 + actual shipping (a buck or two in the US I'm sure), I'll send you one pair of 2 custom UV-printed tiles and a .pdf of the instructions for this variant of the Nova.

Note that I am not profiting on this, and I'm actually not even fully covering my costs, I'm just attempting to somewhat subsidize them and provide something cool in the process. I can provide my invoice from the printer for full transparency to show I'm not trying to $$$profit$$$ here, and if anyone feels this is in bad faith, PM me and I'll just delete this part of the post entirely.

I had 6 sets made. I'm keeping one, and two of my friends have claimed dibs, so that leaves 3 sets available! EDIT: all are spoken for!

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 5, 2020

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
You know I’m always down Carbo.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Whoops, missed this earlier, coming back to say once more how loving stellar this build is. Congrats! How stable is it?

Cheers, very stable actually.

Carbohydrates posted:

My take on the iconic, infamous classic Nova that Mike drives in the opening sequence of Death Proof. In addition to Mike's signature skull-and-crossed-bolts and chrome hood ornament, I also redesigned the fascia a little bit. Somebody on Rebrickable (correctly) pointed out that the way I had done the Nova's front end before, with the 45 degree cut triangle tiles, was too aggressive and more reminiscent of a Chevelle. This design feels a little less clever, but is undeniably more accurate to the Nova.

Lemme know what you think! I'm pretty happy about this one.

----------

Also, I don't like stickers, so I didn't use them - I had these pieces custom printed. I could have done it on the cheap at a laser printer, but I wanted to go with something higher quality: UV or pad printing. Unfortunately, these pricier printing methods come with minimum orders, tooling prices, and various economy-of-scale stuff that led me to go ahead and order 6 sets instead of 1, under the assumption that some of y'all may be interested in making one of these for yourself.

Here's the pitch: for $15 + actual shipping (a buck or two in the US I'm sure), I'll send you one pair of 2 custom UV-printed tiles and a .pdf of the instructions for this variant of the Nova.

Note that I am not profiting on this, and I'm actually not even fully covering my costs, I'm just attempting to somewhat subsidize them and provide something cool in the process. I can provide my invoice from the printer for full transparency to show I'm not trying to $$$profit$$$ here, and if anyone feels this is in bad faith, PM me and I'll just delete this part of the post entirely.

I had 6 sets made. I'm keeping one, and two of my friends have claimed dibs, so that leaves 3 sets available! EDIT: make that 2 now!

Awesome. Can't wait to build this.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Carbohydrates posted:

I had 6 sets made. I'm keeping one, and two of my friends have claimed dibs, so that leaves 3 sets available! EDIT: make that 2 now!

Sent you a PM. Awesome build!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cojawfee posted:

Were there even speeder bikes on hoth?

A few years back Hasbro released an AT-AT for the 3.75 fig line, and it included a speeder bike. My guess is LEGO threw it in because Hasbro did.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Carbohydrates posted:

I had 6 sets made. I'm keeping one, and two of my friends have claimed dibs, so that leaves 3 sets available! EDIT: only one left!

Am I too late?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

kensei posted:

Am I too late?
Nope, you get the last one!

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
DAMMIT

I'll take one if anyone drops out

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I recently felt likebuilding my allied avenger (a youth favorite of mine) again and trying to mod it a little.
So far the only thing I manages to do was replace the old hinges with click hinges before my son claimed it to play with.
I can't blame him, even now, the Allied Avenger is a fantastic ship.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Chris Knight posted:

Wasn't there already a Technic snow groomer? 8263.

Yes, but that one is much smaller than the Ideas one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Little exosuit for today

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

Little exosuit for today

Aw, that's adorable. Love the use of the 2 x 2 turntable tops with the 1 x 2 plates with Technic pin holders on the bottom.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

veni veni veni posted:

Little exosuit for today

I love it, but I wanna turn that windscreen around so bad.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's a holographic HUD, that's just how they look

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks guys :) maybe I'll try flipping the visor around to see how it looks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Brawnfire posted:

That's a holographic HUD, that's just how they look

:hmmyes: Now I see it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

veni veni veni posted:

Little exosuit for today

This rules, the legs are really clever.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Carbohydrates posted:

Nope, you get the last one!

:toot:

DM me your paypal for shipping to 98687 please :)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Apparently these things are all the rage now: https://youtu.be/2ieGV5pv6Ks

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
How does it not fall doooown???

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Cloud city is pretty cool though

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The other day while looking for some old breaking bad figs I found a bunch of characters from whatever I must have been watching at the time.
For no other reason, enjoy. Round 1 - Can you guess them all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Alien
Breaking Bad
Ghost World?
Evil Dead
Fistful of Dollars?
American Psycho?
John Wick
Mad Max
Sherlock Holmes
The Thing
?
X-Files