Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Opening up Inu Isle:

June is crafting Terrariums.

Nooks have an expensive Hanging Scroll edit: Gone! (I think it’s 150k, pls let me catalog if you buy it).

DIY pickup/drop off on the right side beach.
Kicks is here with I dunno, Jester Shoes and some other stuff. Nothing I thought was cool.

Dodo: 34FSW

edit: her name is June not Ruby whoops, oh and please don’t steal my peaches, that happened last time

Seymour Buttz fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Tanyu posted:

Got an hour before the Cranny closes for the night. You guys are moving through pretty quickly so I'm not sure when I should lock the queue...

Holas here. Blathers knows where i hid the money "wink"

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
Do Mole Crickets affect other bugs spawning? Because if they do that's some bullshit.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SilentChaz posted:

The gates of Mau-Mau are open again. I'll be AFK, but feel free to enjoy yourselves. Looking for green flowers if you have any. Water the flowers if you feel like it (I don't have most of them organized yet).

THANK YOU for opening up! I got the last fossil we needed for our collection! :toot:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

MorningMoon posted:

A villager I didn't particularly care for moved out a few days ago. I've been mostly just digging up the fossils and checking markets these days, planning on what i'll do next time i pour time to renovate my island. A new villager buys the empty house without my input.

I keep going :smug: at my girlfriend, she wanted the unicorn so bad. I really like how his fur glows.

pfft not like he's a top 10 sought after villager

he's number 11

Prof.Snugglesworth
Feb 9, 2009

Ooo...you make me live now honey.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Sold my turnips for 150. They're 526 today:

5PGLX

Thanks! Left a tip next to the mini DIY workbench by the Nook twins' store. :)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Fuchia and whatever this Egyptian cats name is thats in my campgrounds better be high on them lists.

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

Holas here. Blathers knows where i hid the money "wink"

Thanks! You look so fancy! :biglips:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

New Leaf posted:

I know I could be patient but I'm doing some river renovation and I've got a bridge in my way. I'm demolishing the bridge which is going to take a day, then I need to build a new bridge, which is going to take another day. If hypothetically I time traveled to tomorrow so the bridge is destroyed, did my renovations, then went back to today, would that cause much trouble? Would that even work or would it undo the bridge demolition?

That works perfectly fine. The bridge would be destroyed, the new one would be started, and you'd be on today's date. Tomorrow the new bridge would finish.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So I think I inadvertently found a cheat with Redd's.. I had Redd today and bought from him. I did my time travel thing forward to demolish a bridge, then backwards to continue my renovation work.. The painting I bought from Redd earlier this morning was in my mail, but Redd's boat was still there. I went back and it was as if I hadn't visited him earlier in the day, completely new inventory and it let me buy again. I also got to do Wisp again. Not sure if that's a coincidence but another neat side-effect.

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011
Queue is now locked with the hopes that everyone in line can get in before the Cranny closes.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Seymour Buttz posted:

Opening up Inu Isle:

June is crafting Terrariums.

Nooks have an expensive Hanging Scroll (I think it’s 150k, pls let me catalog if you buy it).

DIY pickup/drop off on the right side beach.
Kicks is here with I dunno, Jester Shoes and some other stuff. Nothing I thought was cool.

Dodo: 7BP9R

edit: her name is June not Ruby whoops, oh and please don’t steal my peaches, that happened last time

I got kicked, but I have the scroll if you want to catalogue it.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Vaginaface posted:

I got kicked, but I have the scroll if you want to catalogue it.

Comm error! It’s okay thank you. Hope a decent amount of people got what they came for.

edit: Oh June didn’t stop DIYing Terrariums so I’ll open back up and be AFK.

Seymour Buttz fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 6, 2020

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Man the compulsion to just totally rework areas of the island is for real. So far I’ve completely redone multiple areas of my island, and I think generally it’s been for the best. I’ve been trying to focus on adding elevation changes and rivers to break up and segment certain areas, and it’s fun as hell.

I got the idea in my head that I want the shop on a relatively isolated high ground, near resident services in the foreground of the island. It’s kludgey and feels slow, but it kinda adds to the excitement for it to be a two day project (need to move the current shop out of the way to make space for cliff building). Hope it looks cool, or else it will be another 2 days to figure something else out.

I’ve finally hit the incline limit so I need to rework a few other areas to accommodate it, which is fine but I wish there were higher limits on the total count of bridges and inclines - it feels arbitrary. To be seen if the limit provides sufficient positive motivation to get creative with infrastructure usage to make up the disappointment that I can’t just spam it everywhere.

Aside from attempting to use elevation changes in interesting ways, other thing I’ve done a lot of that I really like the outcome of is really using a lot of ground textures to make things visually interesting. I’ve stayed away from using custom textures because I feel most of them clash with the games art style, but you can get some really good results by using varied default textures + patterns of alternating textures. If I do cave it will be to get ground textures that span to the edge of a cell better, allowing for more coherent deck and patio areas.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of posting a Dodo code on turnip.exchange versus here in the thread? Is the goon discord fairly busy?
(my turnip prices were decent today but nothing worth hosting for, but this thrusday I might.)

Sandwich Miter
Dec 24, 2006

Monte Cristo Deluxe

Seymour Buttz posted:

Comm error! It’s okay thank you. Hope a decent amount of people got what they came for.

Sorry, might have been me somehow? It happened as I was leaving, though I don't know how.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

a nigga who smoke posted:

Do Mole Crickets affect other bugs spawning? Because if they do that's some bullshit.
I think so, but I figured out one weird trick to making them go away.
They never spawn on tiles with stuff on it (stumps, dropped items, weeds,etc,), and further, they can't continue to exist on tiles with stuff on them...

So you can stand over the general area where the sound is, and carpet bomb them by planting a whole grip of weeds to suffocate them out of existence :wave: , goes lot quicker than digging holes and hopping around them. I do it mostly on nook islands when I want a bit of peace & quiet, or to encourage other bug spawns.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Stool Sample posted:

Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of posting a Dodo code on turnip.exchange versus here in the thread? Is the goon discord fairly busy?
(my turnip prices were decent today but nothing worth hosting for, but this thrusday I might.)

You can limit the flow on Turnip Exchange. Here you could get 8 people trying to flood you at the same time, but Turnip Exchange lets the code go out slowly to small groups so it isn't a massive clusterfuck stampede.

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011

Stool Sample posted:

The Discord is probably more secure since this is a public thread. I did join the AC discord but couldn't figure out the bot to post my code there. Then I got some mild anxiety about asking for help so I just went with the exchange.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Tanyu posted:

Queue is now locked with the hopes that everyone in line can get in before the Cranny closes.

Thanks for the access - neat looking island too!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Goddammit game :negative:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

She wouldn't have hung it up anyway. :smith:

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Seymour Buttz posted:

Thanks boss, left you a tip as I took some DIY too.

Now I need to collect ALL the cubs cause June is cute as heck.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm always disappointed when dumb gift ideas I have don't have a funny response. See also: giving a cat hood to a cat :sigh:

Counterpoint is when something fun works out, like when my villagers start wearing skull t-shirts :3:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tanyu posted:

:(

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Tanyu posted:

Thank you, left a couple of bell bags behind Nook's!

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011

I unlocked it you have 8 minutes!

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Tanyu posted:

The Discord is probably more secure since this is a public thread. I did join the AC discord but couldn't figure out the bot to post my code there. Then I got some mild anxiety about asking for help so I just went with the exchange.

What did you get stuck on? The gist of it is to message the bot named "Lloid" with a message in the format

quote:

host <price> <code> <timezone> [optional additional information]

for example

quote:

host 560 ABC123 -5 Please don't harrass the flowers.

the people in the #turnips channel are pretty helpful too :shobon: (and goons are pretty eager to help people get their nips listed :capitalism:)

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011
host <price> <code> <timezone> [optional additional information]

This part was what I needed to know. Thanks! I'll try it out next time.

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011

Too late.....

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tanyu posted:

Too late.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbmIH4jR8sg

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Celeste is at my island. Haven't seen any shooting stars yet!! There are a bunch of recipes on the left beach too. Also bring a ladder/pole, doing a lot of renovating again.

Dodo code is G6K76.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

To add to that, if you have a 'dumb' question, there's probably a pin in the discord for it. I know i annoyed many till i figured that out.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Chicken Doodle posted:

I have June and she’s great. I’ve been gifting her shell stuff so she can have a beachy house. I wanna get more rattan furniture for her.

It’s a shame that villagers won’t just replace their bed if you give them another bed. I gave Katt a black bed with a Sable pattern bedspread and now she just has 2 beds in her house. :/

Captain Hygiene posted:

Counterpoint is when something fun works out, like when my villagers start wearing skull t-shirts :3:

I made a skull tank that I’ve seen Stiches wear and it’s super cute. I’ve also seen O’Hare wear my Spider-Man sweater.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Sold my turnips for 150. They're 526 today:

5PGLX

I was on in the middle of your turnip price change. At least I got to visit and sell my first batch of 9 stacks at 526 for my daughter - she'll be excited when she finds the fat bags of cash in front of her house tomorrow afternoon! Thank you for opening your island for us!

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011
Thank you to everyone who came by! It was really smooth getting people in and out. Lurdiak, I hate you missed it but at least it's still early in the week.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nessa posted:

I made a skull tank that I’ve seen Stiches wear and it’s super cute. I’ve also seen O’Hare wear my Spider-Man sweater.

:3:
I need to get into clothes design

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Chicken Doodle posted:

Thanks a lot and yeah June rules, she’s tied for my island MVP with Flurry.

Also thank you to whoever left 99K bells and some hybrids just for a DIY. Much kindness all around.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Suddenly I'm realizing the one thing Splatoon needs is custom clothes design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I've got Celeste at G-Towne tonight, but not seen a shooting star yet. closed

also kicks is here, and i had a visit from Wisp, but i don't think he does anything for visitors?

As usual there are some free DIYs, furnishings and fossils near airport.
Free tambourines :wow: for the first 5 visitors (also available in Nooks cranny for the next 40min or so)

And I'm holding a spare gold armor DIY for the first person who calls dibs with their in-game name in thread.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 6, 2020