Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aino Minako posted:

this is not a bad theory. even if trongo loses, they can push through a nominee in the lame duck period

the dems would 100% let them do this and would vote to confirm during the lame duck period lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

rump buttman posted:

dumb as gently caress

If this is the answer and the question was "what is everything?" Then yes

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Schnorkles posted:

this article is spectacularly shittily done and you should feel bad for posting it

don't lecture me about garbage science, plane

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

empty whippet box posted:

might help to realize that there is no hope for the future and the supreme court being 7/7 ultra-maga-chud is a litearl 100% certainty

the US will never make progress on any issue ever again, i mean this completely literally

i mean this sincerely and not as a burn or a refutation of your statement: get help if you can, it's not good to live like this and i promise you don't have to

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol of course they wouldn't share the cure.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bonghitz passed the test

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

COVID-420 posted:

i mean this sincerely and not as a burn or a refutation of your statement: get help if you can, it's not good to live like this and i promise you don't have to

the gently caress are you talkin about bro im having a great time with covid-19, just because I have an accurate view of the future of the US doesn't mean you can armchair diagnose me with anything, dumbass

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

COVID-420 posted:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Telling people to get therapy is obvious concern trolling, bordering on gaslighting

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"wow, this guy thinks the USA is bad and that things there are going to get worse, he must be mentally ill" - a very smart and galaxy brained person with good opinions worth hearing

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

thanks for posting this, but eh...they should keep testing more days out.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Let's not tell people they don't have to live okay

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

snoo posted:

what the gently caress goes wrong in people's brains that makes them not care about others

besides money

prosperity gospel

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m doing the fort nite dance

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

snoo posted:

what the gently caress goes wrong in people's brains that makes them not care about others

besides money

Round the clock indoctrination by media that all people are frictionless sphere islands whose lives are in no way governed by powers beyond their control or comprehension

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I’m doing the fort nite dance

fart nite

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Rauros posted:

thanks for posting this, but eh...they should keep testing more days out.

they probably will I don’t think you’re pointing something out that they haven’t thought of

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Inceltown posted:

jfc, these people are monsters.

It's so stupid, even if you hate those workers, they don't live in a vacuum. They still interact with so called "regular people". A flare up in one group will inevitably spread to neighboring groups.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lmao at promoting good mental health when the mental health field is mostly about shoving people with anti crack-ping pills and sending them back to work as second class citizens

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should stop letting those people interact with regular people, for our community’s social hygiene

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Telling people to get therapy is obvious concern trolling, bordering on gaslighting

Oh please

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yo why this country suck

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Judakel posted:

Oh please

he is right

there is almost no context in which a stranger telling another stranger 'get help' is not intended as a dig on them and this was not one of the exceptions

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

shovelbum posted:

i just have a lot of contempt for poor rural whites bc theyre so loving chuddy against their own best interests, the area fiz is talking about went 70-80% TRUMO in '16 and it's like sometimes it's nice to see chuds not just winning, living longer, making more money, getting every policy they want, etc

those policies are the architects of their own demise, after the US collapses social security and medicare will be as good as the russian old age pensions post-USSR (get hosed) and whatever threadbare welfare system will not exist. it's ultimately what will drive the rural areas into extinction -- unlike the USSR industrial collapse in the US it came with just enough government largesse to keep people rooted there. if the US old age pension and disability plans vanish they will move or have to die.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

those policies are the architects of their own demise, after the US collapses social security and medicare will be as good as the russian old age pensions post-USSR (get hosed) and whatever threadbare welfare system will not exist. it's ultimately what will drive the rural areas into extinction -- unlike the USSR industrial collapse in the US it came with just enough government largesse to keep people rooted there. if the US old age pension and disability plans vanish they will move or have to die.

they voted for this, and bc empty places get heck of votes they actually had some influence on it lmao, also rural ideology drives chud culture, its what they all aspire to

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

snoo posted:

besides money

https://twitter.com/hilaryagro/status/1229177598003077123?s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:chaostrump:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

reading e/n back in the day and seeing so many ppls lives ruined over like $200 bucks, straight up hosed over, that crack pinged the poo poo out of me

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

shovelbum posted:

lmao at promoting good mental health when the mental health field is mostly about shoving people with anti crack-ping pills and sending them back to work as second class citizens

The kind of crack-ping that the pills try to cure is never really the right kind of crack-ping to have, though

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

shovelbum posted:

they voted for this, and bc empty places get heck of votes they actually had some influence on it lmao, also rural ideology drives chud culture, its what they all aspire to

The US electoral system among most other things in this country is an absolute disaster and will probably cause a balk sooner or later

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

shovelbum posted:

also some of the ppl are just too goddamn godawful stupid to find a way out, especially if they have buckets and buckets of white priv

lmao gently caress you, you spiteful little turd

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

he is right

there is almost no context in which a stranger telling another stranger 'get help' is not intended as a dig on them and this was not one of the exceptions

Cry about it some more.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

uggy posted:

they probably will I don’t think you’re pointing something out that they haven’t thought of

No, in the preprint this figure was generated as a "gee whiz" after clearing people for plasma donation, so there was no plan to have extended testing.

quote:

Participants with positive PCR swabs and antibodies were asked 112 to return for PCR testing at least three days after initial PCR test so they could be referred for plasma donation once the virus had fully cleared. Given the frequent serial detection of SARSCoV-2 by nasopharyngeal PCR using three-day increments, on April 3rd 114 , 2020, we began to ask 115 participants to return at least ten days after the last positive PCR for re-testing.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.30.20085613v1.full.pdf+html

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

the gently caress are you talkin about bro im having a great time with covid-19, just because I have an accurate view of the future of the US doesn't mean you can armchair diagnose me with anything, dumbass

fair enough. i've suffered from depression and despondency my whole life and thought i recognized a fellow traveler.

i will say that responding to posts like "i'm worried about this" with stuff like "nothing will ever get better and the struggle is worthless" is pretty triggering or exacerbating from anyone who does suffer from those ailments but maybe expecting that level of pathos in this thread (or cspam) is stupid.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
We gotta get dumber
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1257857510112997384?s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hmmmmmmmm

https://mobile.twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1257857382887174145

quote:

The Arizona Department of Health Services told a team of university experts working on COVID-19 modeling to "pause" its work, an email from a department leader shows.The modeling team of about two dozen professors at Arizona State University and the University of Arizona was compiling the most robust public model in Arizona of COVID-19. 

The email, from DHS bureau chief of public health statistics S. Robert Bailey, came on Monday evening, after Gov. Doug Ducey announced plans to begin easing social distancing in the coming days. 

The universities' model had shown that reopening at the end of May was the only scenario that didn't dramatically increase cases. 

In late April, Tim Lant, a mathematical epidemiologist at ASU, said the model showed five different scenarios for how the disease could progress in Arizona, depending on how social distancing efforts were relaxed.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh my God I take back anything regionalist I said the whole country is terribly terribly dumb

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

They love dosing you up but there's no therapy to be found that's affordable and the side effects of the "medicine" can and usually is worse than the original issue then they don't tell you it's addictive and let me tell you about brain dope sickness lmao

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

And this is why I went low in my death guess. No one dies if you don't report it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nothing makes you feel good like a good hard day of dignified work