Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

shovelbum posted:

lmao at promoting good mental health when the mental health field is mostly about shoving people with anti crack-ping pills and sending them back to work as second class citizens

therapy and medication saved me from killing myself (2 attempts, none in five years) and i wish you wouldn't say stuff like this because it could really cause people to turn away lifesaving help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Like real talk the times in my life when I was honestly super depressed it was like 90% bc I was broke as poo poo in a dead end job

Argentum
Feb 6, 2011
UGLY LIKE BOWEL CANCER

just in time for 9/11 2.0 to happen but this time by sheer accident/incompetence
the universe craves chaos :getin:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

COVID-420 posted:

therapy and medication saved me from killing myself (2 attempts, none in five years) and i wish you wouldn't say stuff like this because it could really cause people to turn away lifesaving help

Yeah this is fair I just think it's a system that needs to be deeply examined under better circumstances

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

Oh my God I take back anything regionalist I said the whole country is terribly terribly dumb

All people are incredibly dumb but to various degrees and about different things so depending upon how you look at it they might look smart at one time but they really are not but there's always edge cases to each extreme. Thank you.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

COVID-420 posted:

Yeah it's a life saver for sure. Without my medication I'd be dead. That's it. Dead.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

facetoucher cat posted:

They love dosing you up but there's no therapy to be found that's affordable and the side effects of the "medicine" can and usually is worse than the original issue then they don't tell you it's addictive and let me tell you about brain dope sickness lmao

lmao it cost $130 a week for my therapy. Who the gently caress can afford that?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i have no idea how any plane manages to avoid anything, flying out of so many cities is just straight terrifying.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lets have the highfalutin cityfolk gentrify the dead rear end rural towns once the reaper takes his due

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

kater posted:

i have no idea how any plane manages to avoid anything, flying out of so many cities is just straight terrifying.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s city’s that are being gutted by this

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

COVID-420 posted:

Similar situation as me. Combination of intense exposure therapy, ssris and in patient/out patient support. I would be dead without those.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

shovelbum posted:

we can only hope there are big rural waves in the leadup to nov

It's already happening in kansas. Small towns that usually have one main source of employment have been spreading faster than the major cities.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

shovelbum posted:

if grocery stores are open so should farmers markets be, imo. better for a lot of reasons.

we should obviously be doing all food by pickup or delivery only tho, no face to face.

it still seems like it mostly spreads in prolonged indoor contact so the real measure that matters is narrowing the definition of essential businesses and shutting down p much everything but food supply chain

but hey thats never gonna happen

Places like Lowe's and home depot need to be open. People just need to stop going to them when they don't have to. For example, my sump pump is broken and if I don't get it fixed very quickly my basement will flood within a couple of days. A grocery store isn't gonna help me with that.

But I'm gonna go right when they open at six AM before it's busy with people browsing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

shovelbum posted:

im not talking about the reservations, im talking about settlers. no ties to the land, no legit claim to the land, lmao

"to the land" as in 'your parents and grandparents have lived in this lovely house and it's yours now, this is all you own and you've always lived here'

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

"to the land" as in 'your parents and grandparents have lived in this lovely house and it's yours now, this is all you own and you've always lived here'

KULAKS!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This poo poo sucks major rear end, I hate it

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
It's loving amazing americans are betting it all on the virus disappearing by the end of may like nothing ever happened, I mean it worked so well the first time around for NYC

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Americans are betting on: watching tv, looking at phone, enjoy game, feel sad at their problems

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pyrus Malus posted:

it's legitimately concerning how many people I know that are getting their data from this thing but at least now instead of going "hey why would the covid19 graph have a normal distribution" I can instead be all "actually they've updated their model like 4 times because the whole thing was poo poo from the beginning"

that's what you get when your epidemiologist got his degree from the nate silver school of statistics

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I feel like those planes may not be drawn to scale

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Lacrosse posted:

lmao it cost $130 a week for my therapy. Who the gently caress can afford that?

Idk. I can't find a therapist who will take me. I've been trying for years. Being turned down by a professional after telling them about your trauma for an hour and still having to pay them is a special kind of violation

facetoucher cat has issued a correction as of 04:33 on May 6, 2020

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

This garbage state is going to get me killed, along with the rest of my ageing family. Worst testing rates in the nation.

I know, I know, no one weep.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

This poo poo sucks major rear end, I hate it

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

It's loving amazing americans are betting it all on the virus disappearing by the end of may like nothing ever happened, I mean it worked so well the first time around for NYC

I wonder how badly we are going to regret this course of action, which is basically inertia. Do people even realize that it didn't even have to get remotely this bad? That however bad it gets from here was 100% preventable?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

shovelbum posted:

Oh my God I take back anything regionalist I said the whole country is terribly terribly dumb

*in the dumbest possible yokel voice by David Cross*
Hoooooo boy, Momma! Momma cum git a load of these flying machinerers over by Lady Liberty !

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

demon cracker nation

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BeefThief posted:

I wonder how badly we are going to regret this course of action, which is basically inertia. Do people even realize that it didn't even have to get remotely this bad? That however bad it gets from here was 100% preventable?

probably and they don't care bc we are all expendable

that means you and me, and our families, and everyone here, and everyone you know

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

snoo posted:

demon cracker nation

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

So how many of y'all think that the billionaire pedo cabal has some kind of antidote or exclusive treatment beyond the last-ditch interventions that we know of (which tend to be pretty high risk)?

Otherwise how come we hav seen almost no important high-ranking people die from this besides non-Westerners? Surely some have been infected by now
Social distancing works. Rich ppl don’t have to go to filthy rona infested jobs and can have everything they need brought to them. Also, my personal theory is that hate in your heart keeps the rona out of your lungs.

facetoucher cat posted:

Being abused as children :(
As someone who got abused a lot as a kid this is a bad take and statistically false. People are pretty complicated tbh.

snoo posted:

I was abused and I care about people :(
:respek:

It sucks that like all medical care is the US is a nightmare to navigate but approaching mental healthcare fatalistically is the least helpful approach and we should try to think of more than just ourselves when we talk about it since you could literally could be discouraging someone from seeking help.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BeefThief posted:

if it makes you feel better the alternative was that we did better than expected and the usual suspects use that as evidence that the lockdowns were entirely unjustified and solely responsible for the economic fallout

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the government isn't gonna do poo poo to support or protect us. if you have to means to stay at home, loving stay at home. if you have the means to help others stay at home, help them. the only people actually ~in this together~ are the working class, the poor, the disabled, all of the vulnerable people being stomped on by the wealthy, the rich and powerful. and they want us to die. they know we will and they don't care.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Good to see america has solved the crisis. Trumo did say end of April so close enough

...what's that? it's not over and we need to reassemble the old roni gang already?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Covid thread feels agitated tonight. When the news slows down it gets ugly in here

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Thesaurus posted:

Covid thread feels agitated tonight. When the news slows down it gets ugly in here

It's just a plague bro

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

nothing puts new yorkers at ease quite like low flying widebody jets

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my work has already hired several new people to replace those of us that left for our safety. we're nothing. we don't matter. and those new employees will be worked to death because they don't have a loving choice.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Also, my personal theory is that hate in your heart keeps the rona out of your lungs.

this is why you keep hearing about doctors and nurses dying of Covid, and all politicians who happen to get it just shrug it off while continuing to shake everyone’s hands

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shovelbum posted:

Like real talk the times in my life when I was honestly super depressed it was like 90% bc I was broke as poo poo in a dead end job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Chunky Salsa posted:

This garbage state is going to get me killed, along with the rest of my ageing family. Worst testing rates in the nation.

I know, I know, no one weep.

If it makes you feel better, I'm in Puerto Rico And our testing rate is a THIRD of Arizona's :snoo: