Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

hehe remember how multiple senators profited bigly off this by selling off their stonks instead of warning the rest of us

Remember how nothing happened to them except they got a little bit richer.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

2020 is mostly just shaping up to be an utter disaster and that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

prisoners of america... thank u for the control sample

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

fosborb posted:

oh gently caress youre right

lemme know who wants to start the GOON PROJECT

kater
Nov 16, 2010

man what.

like what.

what the what.

im pretty sure this is a 12 monkeys plotpoint.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LMAO @ the backwards third world banana republic that is the United States

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

snoo posted:

my wife had to go into work two days in a row for "meetings" and "training" for when the store reopens. it ended up being a bunch of dumb bullshit about how they have to value the customers and how important and essential the company is (if you really are essential, provide these things for free to first responders, and not the 25 karens blocking traffic bc they need their cawfee).

all of her coworkers don't want to reopen. they all took the offered catastrophe pay for the maximum amount of time, and if they extend it I expect them all to continue as well. my wife is going to take a leave of absence if they don't extend it.

they were all in agreement at how awful this poo poo is. and my wife today said "when the government and our leaders say they're okay with 3000 dying a day, they mean you, they specifically mean me, a vulnerable person who has a very real chance of dying, they mean my wife, they mean your family and your friends."

one of her coworkers has a friend in New York and their dad died. they had to live with the corpse of their father for two days before someone could take care of it, and then no funeral, just cremation. and we all know this keeps happening.

I feel like some people just can't put themselves in someone else's shoes. imagine how loving awful that is. imagine watching someone you love die and then having them in the same loving room as you for days. and you couldn't do anything to help them. at least you might've gotten to say goodbye.

but no, go get your loving coffees, your mcchicken sandwiches, your crafting projects, keep creating crowds of people because you're bored, keep killing yourselves and everyone else.

i figure they can give the bloodgates another two months before we get to several hundred thousand cases and low five digit deaths per day. At that point there can be no denying it since everyone will have known someone close who has died from this disease. Just found out my grandma's nursing home in rural illinois had 3 people test positive.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
2020 has been an awful year so far, one of the absolute worst

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

snoo posted:

I feel like some people just can't put themselves in someone else's shoes.

yeah they are called republicans, lack of empathy is the defining trait

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

bless you king

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Rauros posted:

thanks for posting this, but eh...they should keep testing more days out.

yeah I'd for sure like them to continue and expand the research, and I'm not ready to like spike the football and dance in the end zone like "get hosed perpetual-reinfection doomer idiots!!!" but it's at least somewhat promising

it also seemingly suggests that every dumbass who thinks they got this last year, or just generally thinks "way more people got this than we realize" is wrong and dumb

open er up boys!!!!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Shipon posted:

love to watch people who went to graduate school at private universities tell people in rural towns who have had their family grow up there for generations that they're settlers actually. it's really cool and definitely shows an interest in people's material conditions

This is a good point but also I grew up in a "generations old" family home that was filled with mold and bugs and was sinking into a swamp and honest to god we could have probably walked 25 miles in either direction and found a hole to live in that was nicer. Lot of people trick themselves into being proud of a bad situation to keep themselves from feeling the weight of the situation which can turn into a trap. I mean a lot of people are plumb hosed or maybe genuinely happy sinking into a swamp but a lot of people convince themselves no matter how many people they know that get out, that they never could and they use ideas like family land or heritage or tradition to stay stuck. Not like now would be a great time to move to the big city but you know what I mean.

facetoucher cat posted:

Idk. I can't find a therapist who will take me. I've been trying for years. Being turned down by a professional after telling them about your trauma for an hour and still having to pay them is a special kind of violation
I hope this doesn't come across presumptuous, but you don't have to open up to a therapist about trauma until you feel comfortable and/or they've accepted you as a patient. It's not necessary for you to in order to begin the patient-therapist relationship and you are in charge of where that boundary is. If you haven't tried this, I had luck with therapy after finding a therapist who specialized in my specific trauma. Also, not all therapists can treat all problems and will turn a patient down if they literally aren't qualified, this is especially a problem with some Telehealth unfortunately.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
so why isn't the thread title LIVE AND LET DIE

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

is this a website? link?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I think this phase of "reopen now!" Is more driven by businesses than consumers. They're all staring down imminent bankruptcy and a magical reopening while the pandemic disappears is the only way they stay solvent.

Even my alma mater is talking about how the next academic year will be on campus and everything will be normal with some social distancing policies... because if anything else happens they go bankrupt.

I bet we'll start seeing a lot of dominoes fall soon.

We half assed one lockdown, now we're going back to work to start spreading the disease again. Then someone is going to propose a second more serious lockdown to halt transmission again and that is going to be where the wheels seriously part company from the axle.

Hillary 2024 has issued a correction as of 05:11 on May 6, 2020

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Flesh Forge posted:

so why isn't the thread title LIVE AND LET DIE

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

my wife had to go into work two days in a row for "meetings" and "training" for when the store reopens. it ended up being a bunch of dumb bullshit about how they have to value the customers and how important and essential the company is (if you really are essential, provide these things for free to first responders, and not the 25 karens blocking traffic bc they need their cawfee).

all of her coworkers don't want to reopen. they all took the offered catastrophe pay for the maximum amount of time, and if they extend it I expect them all to continue as well. my wife is going to take a leave of absence if they don't extend it.

they were all in agreement at how awful this poo poo is. and my wife today said "when the government and our leaders say they're okay with 3000 dying a day, they mean you, they specifically mean me, a vulnerable person who has a very real chance of dying, they mean my wife, they mean your family and your friends."

one of her coworkers has a friend in New York and their dad died. they had to live with the corpse of their father for two days before someone could take care of it, and then no funeral, just cremation. and we all know this keeps happening.

I feel like some people just can't put themselves in someone else's shoes. imagine how loving awful that is. imagine watching someone you love die and then having them in the same loving room as you for days. and you couldn't do anything to help them. at least you might've gotten to say goodbye.

but no, go get your loving coffees, your mcchicken sandwiches, your crafting projects, keep creating crowds of people because you're bored, keep killing yourselves and everyone else.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

happyhippy posted:

Watch soon the countries that have overcome Covid, ban the poo poo out of every plane coming from the US.

They likely won't ban US aircraft outright, they'll just keep 14 day quarantine periods indefinitely which strangles travel anyway.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
I'm stupid, what are cum 9/11's? 9/11 deaths multiplied by 69?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i need mcchicken

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Skyarb posted:

I'm stupid, what are cum 9/11's? 9/11 deaths multiplied by 69?

cumulative

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Every news source is so hot for the implications of this right now they're reporting it like actual medical research works like it does in thriller movies.

Hillary 2020 posted:

They likely won't ban US aircraft outright, they'll just keep 14 day quarantine periods indefinitely which strangles travel anyway.

They loving better, we're a plague. I couldn't tell anyone with any certainty if I'm contagious right now. I feel great but could I kill your grandma? Maybe.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

I liked my hypothesis better.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
America rocks lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Norton the First posted:

People in C-SPAM probably despise her as a liberal, but the old lady is a lioness.

People anywhere should criticize Ginsburgs decision not to retire in 2010

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Regretting not taking work in China now

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

i need mcchicken

me too, friend, me too

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

There's been a lot of news today but May is mostly just shaping up to be an utter disaster and that sucks.

What happened today in coronaworld? Other than the usual.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

oh, so that's what it stands for

I had kinda been assuming that maybe C-SPAM was just calling them cum deaths because it liked the word or something

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are you saying that you don’t like the word cum?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

eighty-four merc posted:

is this a website? link?

um sure, let me just set up a new profile....

here we go:
https://public.tableau.com/views/RealGoodCovidTracker/CovidDashboard?:display_count=y&publish=yes&:origin=viz_share_link

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cum rules

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
72k dead equals 24 9/11s though

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1257885314074509313

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the cumulative stands for cum

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

A Native American health center asked for COVID-19 supplies and received body bags

thread title imo

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Charlz Guybon posted:

72k dead equals 24 9/11s though

pulled the data at 4pm ET. Sounds like I'm behind current count

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

sullat posted:

What happened today in coronaworld? Other than the usual.

trunps getting rid of the virus task force so they can focus on opening up

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1257883187650400257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1257637714712825862