Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Ague Proof posted:

Rainbow Six. Failed coup of Venezuela.

Ah. Gotcha, thanks.

Edit

Ah gently caress! Tax

https://twitter.com/pienar/status/1257390635151171584?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.
These people are brain damaged.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1257875920112824323

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Parrotine posted:

It is gonna be hilarious to see how he spins his way out of appointing a replacement if a democrat gains the oval office in year one of a new term. Can't use the 'wait till the new election' strategy anymore, already went against that with appointing a new replacement one month before midterms happened; can't use the 'we dont need a new seat' gambit either, he's on national broadcast sipping sweet tea saying he'd fill it if there's an opening right after election ends and his party is in power.

It's all for moot if democrat voters dont get off their loving asses and show up to the polls for once.

This is how he will spin it:
"We can't allow a Democrat president to choose a supreme court justice because Democrats are fundamentally Anti-American. So we will be holding up this nomination for the next 3-7 years until a proper Republican president is elected"

And there will be no consequences.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Parrotine posted:

It is gonna be hilarious to see how he spins his way out of
It doesn't matter. There are no repercussions for his naked hypocrisy and blatant disregard for anything that doesn't serve his ambition. He can literally tell a reporter who asks that "gently caress you who's going to stop me"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FilthyImp posted:

It doesn't matter. There are no repercussions for his naked hypocrisy and blatant disregard for anything that doesn't serve his ambition. He can literally tell a reporter who asks that "gently caress you who's going to stop me"

if he doesnt have a majority, he is alot less powerful, hell, he is unpopular enough that he might loving lose.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's not like we have 100+ years of medical research and technology since then to, you know, better understand how this works now? Christ.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's not like we have 100+ years of medical research and technology since then to, you know, better understand how this works now? Christ.

The first virus - the Tobacco Mosaic Virus - was discovered in 1898.

Viruses weren’t even seen until the 1930s, and germ theory wasn’t even a widely accepted thing until after... uh.... 1905ish I think.

To think that the average person understood enough about viruses in 1918 while there was also heavy media censorship of the Spanish Flu (so called because Spain was actually reporting on the virus and not hiding it like most other countries) is hilarious.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257873257732214784

gotta keep making GBS threads these out.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's not a lack of understanding, everyone in that photo is wearing masks.

These people are profoundly selfish and arrogant and will go to any length to justify maintaining their pre-covid lifestyle. They would sooner you, grandma, and the nurse all die to make sure they aren't inconvenienced in any way. They don't give a gently caress about anyone but themselves. It's capitalism manifested as brain disease.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

HelloSailorSign posted:

The first virus - the Tobacco Mosaic Virus - was discovered in 1898.

Viruses weren’t even seen until the 1930s, and germ theory wasn’t even a widely accepted thing until after... uh.... 1905ish I think.

To think that the average person understood enough about viruses in 1918 while there was also heavy media censorship of the Spanish Flu (so called because Spain was actually reporting on the virus and not hiding it like most other countries) is hilarious.

A lot of old people and boomers still think miasma theory is real.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

that's a jarring disconnect between the stirring patriotic music and Donnie sounding like he absolutely does not give a gently caress

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How much help was the US in ww1 really?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Those two guys on the right probably left the game and walked straight onto a troop transport, spreading it to everyone on the boat, who spread it to everyone on the front.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Celexi posted:

A lot of old people and boomers still think miasma theory is real.

also hand washing cant possible work for i am an upper class rich and therefore inherently clean and morally good, also it doesnt burn like boric acid washes, how can it do anything?

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Right! Yes of course. Why wouldn't he be?

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1257883592266407942?s=19

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Otteration posted:

I, for one would be willing to pay more taxes if we could ignore its twit more.

Know it's useless to request, but 99% of its twits are useless too.

https://i.imgur.com/klU2yKm.mp4
now i want to see a version of the Ring where she's mauled by puppies when she starts crawling out of the tv

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Fart Amplifier posted:

If she dies with Trump in office, it means a 6-3 GOP SCOTUS. If she dies after, it means a 5-3 GOP SCOTUS. Both are dire.

I know “Nothing matters” is a high art form for some but in fact If Trump loses he’s probably going to take 4 of 5 Republican Senators with him and that’s all it takes to get replacements confirmed.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

These people are still going to football games during a pandemic where 2 million people died. This means they are heroes. There's no other possible interpretation. Please don't think about causality.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

I feel like all these dudes were hired via an ad in the back of Soldier Of Fortune magazine

<--- a la Dale Gribble

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

The US was basically a ticking time bomb for Germany. They knew that by 1919 the western allies would overwhelm them with men and materiel. That's why the Germans wrapped up the Eastern front as quickly as possible and moved everyone to the western front to attack before the reinforcements from the US made winning impossible. Even with those reinforcements the Spring Offensive of 1918 wasn't enough to overcome their deficit. The US did participate in a few key battles of the Hundred Days offensive that ended the war but ultimately it was more that Germany had exhausted their good troops and good materiel than anything else.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

AtraMorS posted:

You realize there are people out there that had Dick Cheney speak at their graduation, right? Like, right there in the same room with the bastard himself, live, without masks or PPE or anti-necrophage immunizations or even strong hallucinogens; just a few thousand other people breathing the same rancid air as that pale, bald, decaying cranium and praying in vain for a pacemaker failure before it starts forming words.

Count your loving blessings.

Strom loving Thurmond spoke at my high school graduation. Couldn’t understand a word he said, but I could smell the racism from the 12th row of seats.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fritz the Horse posted:

that's a jarring disconnect between the stirring patriotic music and Donnie sounding like he absolutely does not give a gently caress

Now see, thanks to Vic Berger any time I hear Trump talking over music my brain automatically replaces it with that lovely 80s sports highlight reel synth and horns b-roll music track. Because that's the only kind of cheap rear end low class z-grade music Donald Trump deserves to have follow him around everywhere.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Let’s be completely honest here, this was the plan the entire time. The second that they poo poo out a $1200 dollar, one time check with no further stimulus and no rent/debt/bill relief should have been the obvious warning.

They give out a little bit of money to the average person to give cover for the massive handouts to the wealthy. In a few weeks when many people are out of money and are desperate they will do the push to open up the economy and enough people will be just desperate enough to overlook danger and death because they need to eat and pay rent/bills.

In the coming few weeks all of the propaganda commercials thanking essential workers and talking about quarantining will be replaced with propaganda commercials talking about how strong and resilient Americans are and how we are getting back to work. All of the media coverage about hospitals and death will start to fade until you see nothing about it on the news channels anymore except for a throwaway like about the death totals every so often. Chuds will have a new conspiracy theory that COVID-19 was fake. Things will be worse for everyone but the wealthy.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

predicto posted:

Strom loving Thurmond spoke at my high school graduation. Couldn’t understand a word he said, but I could smell the racism from the 12th row of seats.

Lamar loving Smith (R-TX) spoke at mine, he was an alum of my private Episcopal military high school. He later went on to distinguish himself as the climate-denying chair of the House Science Committee.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

FlamingLiberal posted:

They actually understood just fine.

Don't read up on the 1918 flu if you want to keep your sanity, because we're repeating it play-by-play. Medical officials knew exactly what needed to be done to slow down the spread, and they were repeatedly overruled for political considerations. People were asked to take roughly the same precautions we're being asked to take now, and people were having the same selfish, stubborn reactions. There were gunfights over wearing masks and a whole goddamn anti-mask league.

Nothing really changes, apparently.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

yronic heroism posted:

I know “Nothing matters” is a high art form for some but in fact If Trump loses he’s probably going to take 4 of 5 Republican Senators with him and that’s all it takes to get replacements confirmed.

The Senate is unlikely enough that you should expect a 6-3 or 5-3 GOP SCOTUS indefinitely after RBG dies. It's not "nothing matters" but rather just reality.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

There were gunfights over wearing masks and a whole goddamn anti-mask league.

I am curious to see what the modern coinage will be for 1918's "Mask Slackers".

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Fart Amplifier posted:

The Senate is unlikely enough that you should expect a 6-3 or 5-3 GOP SCOTUS indefinitely after RBG dies. It's not "nothing matters" but rather just reality.

What are you using for this prediction other than your own hunch? Reminder that the world in which Trump wins is probably the only one in which Republicans get decent or better election returns. If they perform poorly (or worse), how do they keep the Senate? They’d have to hold on everywhere that’s close.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Abandoned Toaster posted:

I am curious to see what the modern coinage will be for 1918's "Mask Slackers".

Republicans

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Paradoxish posted:

They actually understood just fine.

Don't read up on the 1918 flu if you want to keep your sanity, because we're repeating it play-by-play. Medical officials knew exactly what needed to be done to slow down the spread, and they were repeatedly overruled for political considerations. People were asked to take roughly the same precautions we're being asked to take now, and people were having the same selfish, stubborn reactions. There were gunfights over wearing masks and a whole goddamn anti-mask league.

Turns out 4 generations is enough to make humans forget every hard earned lesson. Next stop WW3 or Great Depression 2!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

BonoMan posted:

Republicans

Enten seems to think the Senate is very much in play, barely skewing D even:

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1256596081804279808

Also this Montana poll is... interesting:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1257647493069836288

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Otteration posted:

I, for one would be willing to pay more taxes if we could ignore its twit more.

Know it's useless to request, but 99% of its twits are useless too.

https://i.imgur.com/klU2yKm.mp4

You could just make a separate thread for posting random off topic videos in, then you wouldn't have to read the tweets

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

BonoMan posted:

Republicans

But that's not as much fun to say :smith:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

What are you using for this prediction other than your own hunch? Reminder that the world in which Trump wins is probably the only one in which Republicans get decent or better election returns. If they perform poorly (or worse), how do they keep the Senate? They’d have to hold on everywhere that’s close.

This is hellworld. Elections will always have the worst possible results.
Not just in America. Everywhere.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Man its gonna be rough to see Trump win again.

Edit: To be clear, it would be rough to see Biden win too lol

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Skyarb posted:

Man its gonna be rough to see Trump win again.
Whoever wins you can console yourself with the fact that the other one lost.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Booourns posted:

You could just make a separate thread for posting random off topic videos in, then you wouldn't have to read the tweets

no, no, Otteration please keep posting here because it keeps me very sane and happy.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

canepazzo posted:

Enten seems to think the Senate is very much in play, barely skewing D even:

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1256596081804279808

Also this Montana poll is... interesting:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1257647493069836288
Isn't Bullock really popular in the state? He was like the one Democrat who people thought could win the MT Senate seat and Dems elsewhere were basically begging him to run.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Isn't Bullock really popular in the state? He was like the one Democrat who people thought could win the MT Senate seat and Dems elsewhere were basically begging him to run.

Yeah that (and I think Montana tends to split ticket a lot?) but also the 45-40 for Trump in a State he won 56-35 in 2016 is definitely an interesting outlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

By the way, the "don't change horses in the middle of the stream" argument only works if the current horse still functions. By November, this particular horse will have thought of ants, shat itself, died, and then exploded--so we're gonna need a new horse.

Preferably someone who is an expert on horses and is emotionally and physically connected with them!