Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I liked AC: Origins way more than Odyssey. Part personal preference because I think Egypt is way cooler and underrepresented in games than Greece, part because I think Odyssey just threw in too much unfocused junk. I also really dug Bayek and his story. I hope the Vikings game is a return to form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah I loooooved Origins, Odyssey is fun but it just didn't grab me the same way Origins did.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

bloops posted:

Pop the top lid off. The vents and fan are likely clogged. They’re easy to clean.

The OG PS4 was kind of a bitch to clean the fans iirc, or get to them anyway

PS4 pro and slim let you pop the top off to easily access the fans

If you’re gonna blow a bunch of air around, stabilize the fans with a toothpick, so you don’t possibly gently caress up the bearings by reversing the fans. I have no idea if that’s true for tech, just read it on SA long ago and it made sense

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I had that fan for the PS3, and the noise coming out of that was horrible.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i sold my ps4 pro because i cleaned it out and it was still sounding like a 747 was taking off

grabbed a normal one after figuring itd be quieter. After a month, fan sounded like takeoff was imminent

i returned it and said gently caress it, ill wait and see if they make a ps4 slim someday or wait to see how the ps5 backwards compatibility works out. My hearing sucks as it is and having to play while trying to listen over fans like that is too much for me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah they all get loud as gently caress. It's a consequence of putting a tiny fan in a tight space with very little airflow.

For the next one they should just go balls out and make the top a 320mm fan with a grate over it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

iirc the first batches of PS4 pros did have huge issues with fan noise, and there was a soft hardware refresh

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
There’s a direct correlation between how good an AC game is and how little time they spend on the Templar / alien bullshit.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It made for kind of a weird finish but it was hilarious how Bayek's wife is off doing world-shattering poo poo while he was running around assassinating merchants.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ACII was the best title in the series for me and still is

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

was that one spent wandering around a tech startup office too

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

AC seems like x-men movies. Flip a coin whether it’s gonna be good or bad.

I never really got into them, but Odyssey seems cool and well received. Worth a visit yeah?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

was that one spent wandering around a tech startup office too

no it was spent being an awesome dude in rome

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I liked Odyssey.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

Yeah they all get loud as gently caress. It's a consequence of putting a tiny fan in a tight space with very little airflow.

For the next one they should just go balls out and make the top a 320mm fan with a grate over it.

Didn't the Xbox one S turn the entire top part of the case (if you have it horizontal) into a fan intake?

E: yeah they did it's some obscenely huge fan for a console, like half the height of the Xbox itself.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

idc im old and cantankerous and having a system fan sound like the background of the last scene in casablanca annoys the poo poo out of me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think they said the PS5 is gonna be whisper quiet and can be in an enclosed space or some bs, but I’m sure all execs say that about their hot new console (no pun intended)

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think they said the PS5 is gonna be whisper quiet and can be in an enclosed space or some bs, but I’m sure all execs say that about their hot new console (no pun intended)

Marketing employees don't always understand thermodynamics.

Hot thing in enclosed space gets hotter until it shuts down is apparently above them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I don’t want to spread false info but I’m pretty sure I read something like that verbatim

Just give me proper backwards compatibility already. I’m all Marie Kondo over here; i’m over having consoles & wires everywhere

I wish console developers would just accept 4k/8k/whatever will always be ham fisted and a console will never compete with a pc, so they could channel that into something else

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my life has becomes so much easier and better since i kondo'd the gently caress out of it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Laranzu posted:

Marketing employees don't always understand thermodynamics.

Hot thing in enclosed space gets hotter until it shuts down is apparently above them.

Uhhhhh..... are you implying that at some point in history one of them has understood thermo?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean, I don’t wanna derail poo poo here, but yeah. I’ve been selling so much gaming poo poo I’m embarrassed I had so much attachment to it all. Very liberating.

If y’all wanted to tidy up literally rn is the time. People are at peak corona boredom and the non-gamers are checking poo poo out. Sold my Switch, controllers, and some other bits for $650. Pretty much what I paid for it all.

Just waiting for that animal crossing switch to go back in stock 👀 it was mostly to seize an opportunity and work through my PS4 backlog so I can sell all my physical games

If the prices are still inflated, I’m almost tempted to sell my PS4 pro

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
ok I finished the campaign that Battletech game loving rocks, gonna spend my weekend on all the expansion packs.

It's not just the nerdgasm of teenage Hagetaka (eh, eh? See where the name came from?) playing the best version of tabletop I've ever seen. It's the little design stuff that seemingly every game gets wrong. When your last unit makes its move, you don't have to hit OK to finish your turn. When you're plotting your movement, different colored lines point from the hex you're thinking of going to, to the enemy units that can see you, the ones that you can see, and the ones that you can fire at. God, it's so well designed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It's probably going to be the first game I crack the thousand hour mark on

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

GD_American posted:

ok I finished the campaign that Battletech game loving rocks, gonna spend my weekend on all the expansion packs.

It's not just the nerdgasm of teenage Hagetaka (eh, eh? See where the name came from?) playing the best version of tabletop I've ever seen. It's the little design stuff that seemingly every game gets wrong. When your last unit makes its move, you don't have to hit OK to finish your turn. When you're plotting your movement, different colored lines point from the hex you're thinking of going to, to the enemy units that can see you, the ones that you can see, and the ones that you can fire at. God, it's so well designed.

I hope you made sure Glitch lived.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

GD_American posted:

Now it's time for you to do a bunch of career mode runs and build truly ridiculous mechs with the DLC stuff :getin:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It's the best made computer battletech game since mw2: mercs.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean, I don’t wanna derail poo poo here, but yeah. I’ve been selling so much gaming poo poo I’m embarrassed I had so much attachment to it all. Very liberating.

If y’all wanted to tidy up literally rn is the time. People are at peak corona boredom and the non-gamers are checking poo poo out. Sold my Switch, controllers, and some other bits for $650. Pretty much what I paid for it all.

Just waiting for that animal crossing switch to go back in stock 👀 it was mostly to seize an opportunity and work through my PS4 backlog so I can sell all my physical games

If the prices are still inflated, I’m almost tempted to sell my PS4 pro

I have poo poo to sell but I don't want to deal with going to the stores to ship things

Who wants a 2017 13" Macbook Pro at a friend price?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fallom posted:

I have poo poo to sell but I don't want to deal with going to the stores to ship things

Who wants a 2017 13" Macbook Pro at a friend price?

Did that have the busted keyboard? Lowkey interested. Can you add internal storage? I mean, it isn’t cheap/easy right? how many gb?

I had a 2015 MacBook Pro which was cool and actually had ports. I still have my surface pro 4 but honestly the thing kinda sucks

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 6, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZIXzoruphM

watch till the end

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

:hawaaaafap: I can't wait to watch through the story mode cutscenes on Youtube. Was enormously entertained by the story of MK11, and this looks gloriously cheesy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hah, knew it the second I saw the leg

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im so happy they brought in the movie shang tsung and motion captured him and had him do the voice. hes been so stoked and happy about it, and loves that the fans are for him

he was in man in the high castle, too

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I love Mortal Kombat because it's like a bunch of 10 year olds mashing their action figures together and making up stories to go along with it, regardless of how little sense it makes, and it's all done in earnest.

AND NOW THE NINJA IS GONNA FIGHT THE ROBOT AND THEN THE COWBOY IS GONNA JUMP IN AND BE FIGHTING A MOVIE STAR AND ALSO HOT CHICKS

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
And they got Peter Weller to do the voice of Robocop!

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1258048222901256193?s=20

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Did that have the busted keyboard? Lowkey interested. Can you add internal storage? I mean, it isn’t cheap/easy right? how many gb?

I had a 2015 MacBook Pro which was cool and actually had ports. I still have my surface pro 4 but honestly the thing kinda sucks

Yeah it has the clicky keyboard that caused people issues. I didn't really mind it but the new Magic Keyboard is better.

It's this one: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-...p?skuId=4600200

There's no way to increase the storage on them but 512 GB was never an issue for me.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It's probably going to be the first game I crack the thousand hour mark on

1396 in PUBG.

995 in Age of Empires 2.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've probably got a thousand hours in GTA5, and I still have nothing in-game to show for it. Lol just hours of blowing random poo poo up.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fallom posted:

Yeah it has the clicky keyboard that caused people issues. I didn't really mind it but the new Magic Keyboard is better.

It's this one: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-...p?skuId=4600200

There's no way to increase the storage on them but 512 GB was never an issue for me.

Messaged you on discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm going down an XCOM hole. Chimera Squad started it, but after my second playthrough I want the whole thing and not diet XCOM.